Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Blackbird71
07-20-2007, 09:03 AM

Is anyone else going to miss the 10,000 Days tour as much as I am? I have a feeling it's going to be the only tour that they play Wings for Marie/10,000 Days on, and both times I've seen them this tour, it has been an amazing experience.

I know if they do a new album, the tour to follow it will be heavy on those songs, as it should. And I'm sure it would kick ass. But I'm just kind of bummed that I'll probably never hear 10,000 Days live again. I was also lucky enough to hear Right In Two live, which was amazing, especially the last half of the song. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Going to miss this tour

Is anyone else going to miss the 10,000 Days tour as much as I am? I have a feeling it's going to be the only tour that they play Wings for Marie/10,000 Days on, and both times I've seen them this tour, it has been an amazing experience.

I know if they do a new album, the tour to follow it will be heavy on those songs, as it should. And I'm sure it would kick ass. But I'm just kind of bummed that I'll probably never hear 10,000 Days live again. I was also lucky enough to hear Right In Two live, which was amazing, especially the last half of the song. Just my thoughts.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
07-20-2007, 10:59 AM

I also wonder if we'll see Rosetta Stoned much after this tour...but who knows. So far the Lateralus tour is the only time they played The Grudge, DRT, Parabola, which are pretty epic songs.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: Going to miss this tour

I also wonder if we'll see Rosetta Stoned much after this tour...but who knows. So far the Lateralus tour is the only time they played The Grudge, DRT, Parabola, which are pretty epic songs.
07-20-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
Yeah, I really would love to see more Lateralus performed. I know it's just a pipe dream, but I still think it's some of their greatest work to date.

I have to agree that we will probably never get to see Wings 1 and 2 performed after this tour. It's definitely going to be one of those, "You had to be there." kind of things. Jambi, Vicarious, and the Pot are probably the only songs we'll have a chance of seeing in later tours. They may surprise us with RS, or RiT, but it's unlikely.

I'm definitely going to miss this tour, especially since the reality of it ending soon is just around the corner. It's been a great tour. I hope Tool makes another album as well. I personally think this tour has drained Maynard more than any other. Now, all he wants to do is goof-off with Puscifer and make rump-shakin' music. I can understand wanting the break, but I can only hope he returns to do some more soul-sucking performances with Tool!
Old 07-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Yeah, I really would love to see more Lateralus performed. I know it's just a pipe dream, but I still think it's some of their greatest work to date.

I have to agree that we will probably never get to see Wings 1 and 2 performed after this tour. It's definitely going to be one of those, "You had to be there." kind of things. Jambi, Vicarious, and the Pot are probably the only songs we'll have a chance of seeing in later tours. They may surprise us with RS, or RiT, but it's unlikely.

I'm definitely going to miss this tour, especially since the reality of it ending soon is just around the corner. It's been a great tour. I hope Tool makes another album as well. I personally think this tour has drained Maynard more than any other. Now, all he wants to do is goof-off with Puscifer and make rump-shakin' music. I can understand wanting the break, but I can only hope he returns to do some more soul-sucking performances with Tool!
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
07-20-2007, 12:00 PM

My best guess is that future tours will only keep certain "mainstays":

10,000 Days: "Vicarious" and "Jambi" (with an occasional surprise)
Lateralus: "Schism" and "Lateralus" (no more "The Patient" popping up)
[Salival: nothing]
Ænima: "Stinkfist" and "Forty-Six & 2" (no other surprises from this album)
Undertow: maybe "Sober", but very unlikely
Opiate: nothing

In other words, it will be very much like this tour except with the new album interspersed throughout. I feel they will kick out older songs to replace them with their little interludes to make the setlist more cohesive.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 07-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

My best guess is that future tours will only keep certain "mainstays":

10,000 Days: "Vicarious" and "Jambi" (with an occasional surprise)
Lateralus: "Schism" and "Lateralus" (no more "The Patient" popping up)
[Salival: nothing]
Ænima: "Stinkfist" and "Forty-Six & 2" (no other surprises from this album)
Undertow: maybe "Sober", but very unlikely
Opiate: nothing

In other words, it will be very much like this tour except with the new album interspersed throughout. I feel they will kick out older songs to replace them with their little interludes to make the setlist more cohesive.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Fuck your god
07-20-2007, 01:15 PM

honestly, i can't believe this was a tour.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
Banned.

Cheesegreater
07-20-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuck your god View Post
Then maybe you should look up the definition of a tour. I, for one, am going to miss it. I wonder if the Lateralus tours got bashed like this when they were happening? I wouldn't be surprised. They've been doing a great job this tour; there's just way too many supposed fans out there bitching.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuck your god View Post
Then maybe you should look up the definition of a tour. I, for one, am going to miss it. I wonder if the Lateralus tours got bashed like this when they were happening? I wouldn't be surprised. They've been doing a great job this tour; there's just way too many supposed fans out there bitching.
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
07-21-2007, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Couldn't agree more, i will really miss this tour as well and feel very fortunate to have seen them twice in the last year.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:11 AM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Couldn't agree more, i will really miss this tour as well and feel very fortunate to have seen them twice in the last year.
07-21-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Mainstay songs:
Vicarious
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lateralus

yeah, I agree
You forgot Aenima. That'll be a mainstay. I know they're not really playing it much these days, but that song is definitely a hallmark of Tool.

I feel pretty fortunate because I got to see them play it when they first started cutting it out. They rocked that song in Southaven. When you guys have seen Aenima on this tour, did they break out the strobe lights for the ending?? That was the shit.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Mainstay songs:
Vicarious
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lateralus

yeah, I agree
You forgot Aenima. That'll be a mainstay. I know they're not really playing it much these days, but that song is definitely a hallmark of Tool.

I feel pretty fortunate because I got to see them play it when they first started cutting it out. They rocked that song in Southaven. When you guys have seen Aenima on this tour, did they break out the strobe lights for the ending?? That was the shit.
MadMax's Avatar MadMax
07-21-2007, 11:01 AM

I'm really going to miss this tour, as well. I've seen them twice, both on this tour, and it was amazing. Like others have said we may not hear some of these songs live again. Wings for Marie & 10,000 Days were brilliant live both times.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

I'm really going to miss this tour, as well. I've seen them twice, both on this tour, and it was amazing. Like others have said we may not hear some of these songs live again. Wings for Marie & 10,000 Days were brilliant live both times.
erazorhead's Avatar erazorhead
07-22-2007, 08:47 AM

well, thus far they have only been to my country once this tour. i only got to see them once that time. hopefully they will be back and i'll see them again. but yeah, i'll miss it.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:47 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 35

well, thus far they have only been to my country once this tour. i only got to see them once that time. hopefully they will be back and i'll see them again. but yeah, i'll miss it.
07-22-2007, 09:43 AM

I really wish they would play Wings 1 and 2 on future tours, but like D/R/T, it just takes up too much time. Not that I have anything against a longer setlist.....
Old 07-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 53

I really wish they would play Wings 1 and 2 on future tours, but like D/R/T, it just takes up too much time. Not that I have anything against a longer setlist.....
07-22-2007, 06:26 PM

I will miss them playing songs from Undertow and Aenima...
Old 07-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

I will miss them playing songs from Undertow and Aenima...
Johnny Truant's Avatar Johnny Truant
07-23-2007, 06:45 PM

I won't miss this tour cause pretty lasers and a shitty setlist don't work for me. Hopefully the next album doesn't suck.
Sorry, I should clarify. I ment that either way their concerts are far too long for a terrible faux-prog metal nu-rock airhead shitwank boy-band, and that they should be banned from palying music altogether. - mope
Old 07-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #13
A truant finds home
Suicide Booth ID: 6

Bincount™: 3436

I won't miss this tour cause pretty lasers and a shitty setlist don't work for me. Hopefully the next album doesn't suck.
Sorry, I should clarify. I ment that either way their concerts are far too long for a terrible faux-prog metal nu-rock airhead shitwank boy-band, and that they should be banned from palying music altogether. - mope
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-23-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Truant View Post
Oh my.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Oh my.
07-24-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Man, this guy is so cool.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:21 AM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Man, this guy is so cool.
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
07-24-2007, 11:26 AM

OMG A DISSENTING OPINION RUN FOR THE HILLS
Old 07-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #16
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

07-24-2007, 03:56 PM

I don't think the tour is over yet. It seems like those Tool guys seem to follow a routine with every tour and new album.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: The Gulch Jerome, Airport Mesa, Sedona. No longer Eugene, OR. Now Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn
Bincount™: 28

I don't think the tour is over yet. It seems like those Tool guys seem to follow a routine with every tour and new album.
07-25-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
*flees*
Old 07-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
*flees*
07-25-2007, 07:17 PM

I guess when people ask "Is anyone else going to miss the 10,000 Days tour as much as I am?" they only want the people who agree.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:17 PM   #19
A truant finds home

I guess when people ask "Is anyone else going to miss the 10,000 Days tour as much as I am?" they only want the people who agree.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
07-25-2007, 07:50 PM

yes
Old 07-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

yes
07-26-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Start a thread about how much you're going to miss bashing this tour. ;)
Old 07-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Ghostwriter's Avatar Ghostwriter
07-26-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I won't miss you when your banned. Please be a little more open minded and forgiving when you dislike something many of us love!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I won't miss you when your banned. Please be a little more open minded and forgiving when you dislike something many of us love!
jiana54's Avatar jiana54
07-26-2007, 01:19 PM

i'll soo miss this tour. what would we have to look forward to once the tour is finished? would we have to wait 3-4 years again?!?!
Old 07-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 68

i'll soo miss this tour. what would we have to look forward to once the tour is finished? would we have to wait 3-4 years again?!?!
07-26-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
Why the hell would I get banned? For posting my opinion about tool's tour on the tool opinion forum? oh shit, bring out the banhammer! Why don't you be more open minded and realize that not everyone likes the new album or the tour? Why don't you be more forgiving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater
haha, maybe I should, then you guys can come in and talk about how the tour was awesome and then I can flip out over it.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #24
A truant finds home

Quote:
Why the hell would I get banned? For posting my opinion about tool's tour on the tool opinion forum? oh shit, bring out the banhammer! Why don't you be more open minded and realize that not everyone likes the new album or the tour? Why don't you be more forgiving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater
haha, maybe I should, then you guys can come in and talk about how the tour was awesome and then I can flip out over it.
TornDown
07-30-2007, 12:03 AM

after seeing the same setlist....5 times this tour, I agree with Johnny. The visuals only got cooler, but I paid to hear music and zone out to it. Unfortunately, it was the same trip almost every time. Sure I got to hear right in two, twice even, but that was it. No flood. No push it. Too damned much schism. The Pot was cool the first two times. Erm, stinkfist is an excellent song and a god damned good opener. In fact the only other opener this whole tour that made any damned sense was Rosetta Stoned. Jambi was just out of place as the opener, sorry it was. Aenema was definately sorely missed in Atlantic City, a place where who knows how many fuck-wads need cleansing. Oh and as far as people going on and on about 10000 Days, it is great the first time, then it is boring. (the only interesting part is the ending climax after seeing it once).

I love the CD 10,000 Days. I have heard all of it but 2 songs live (intension and vigenti tres), will I ever pay to see those songs played live again? Probably not.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:03 AM   #25
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12

after seeing the same setlist....5 times this tour, I agree with Johnny. The visuals only got cooler, but I paid to hear music and zone out to it. Unfortunately, it was the same trip almost every time. Sure I got to hear right in two, twice even, but that was it. No flood. No push it. Too damned much schism. The Pot was cool the first two times. Erm, stinkfist is an excellent song and a god damned good opener. In fact the only other opener this whole tour that made any damned sense was Rosetta Stoned. Jambi was just out of place as the opener, sorry it was. Aenema was definately sorely missed in Atlantic City, a place where who knows how many fuck-wads need cleansing. Oh and as far as people going on and on about 10000 Days, it is great the first time, then it is boring. (the only interesting part is the ending climax after seeing it once).

I love the CD 10,000 Days. I have heard all of it but 2 songs live (intension and vigenti tres), will I ever pay to see those songs played live again? Probably not.
07-30-2007, 07:05 AM

I was lucky this tour because every concert I had been to had a different setlist:
First Show: The Pot, Ænema
Second Show: The Pot, Intension, Right In Two
Third Show: Pushit, Flood (The most amazing surprise in the setlist)...
Old 07-30-2007, 07:05 AM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

I was lucky this tour because every concert I had been to had a different setlist:
07-30-2007, 07:05 AM

Quote:
By this I mean these were the songs that they changed every couple concerts, not the whole setlist.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:05 AM   #27
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
By this I mean these were the songs that they changed every couple concerts, not the whole setlist.
MadMax's Avatar MadMax
07-30-2007, 08:35 AM

That's awesome, and you're lucky Ghostwriter. I went to the last two shows of this (USA) tour. They played the same set list both times. I didn't complain though, both shows were mind blowing.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

That's awesome, and you're lucky Ghostwriter. I went to the last two shows of this (USA) tour. They played the same set list both times. I didn't complain though, both shows were mind blowing.
TOOL_Rules
08-29-2007, 01:55 PM

Some of you complainers amaze me. I saw them eight times in eight different U.S. cities on this tour and yes, I saw many of the same songs played many times. But every show was different. The common denominator of every show is the crowd. I will miss this tour so much. It was fantastic and the fans everywhere across the country really responded. And Justin said in his most recent interview that they are touring through the end of the year or perhaps through January before taking a year off. So, some of you complainers may get a chance to avoid tickets to the "same show" in your city soon. I got to see the best band in the world eight times in fourteen months and I didn't even get to see Flood, or Pushit, or Swamp Song, and it's OKAY!! I've seen the other tours and I've seen all of those songs played before (except Flood) and it's the experience that matters; and what you make of it. If something unforeseen were to happen between now and them completing their last record with Zoo, we'll all be REALLY glad we saw as many shows as we did. But if everyone remains healthy we'll get another CD and tour for you younguns to complain about. It'll likely be even more technically advanced and the set lists will be all you have to flame.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #29
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Some of you complainers amaze me. I saw them eight times in eight different U.S. cities on this tour and yes, I saw many of the same songs played many times. But every show was different. The common denominator of every show is the crowd. I will miss this tour so much. It was fantastic and the fans everywhere across the country really responded. And Justin said in his most recent interview that they are touring through the end of the year or perhaps through January before taking a year off. So, some of you complainers may get a chance to avoid tickets to the "same show" in your city soon. I got to see the best band in the world eight times in fourteen months and I didn't even get to see Flood, or Pushit, or Swamp Song, and it's OKAY!! I've seen the other tours and I've seen all of those songs played before (except Flood) and it's the experience that matters; and what you make of it. If something unforeseen were to happen between now and them completing their last record with Zoo, we'll all be REALLY glad we saw as many shows as we did. But if everyone remains healthy we'll get another CD and tour for you younguns to complain about. It'll likely be even more technically advanced and the set lists will be all you have to flame.
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM

TOOL_rules I AGREE WITH U 100% I HAVE SEEN 6 SHOWS ON THE 10,000 DAYS TOUR INCULDING THE VERY FIRST LIVE PREFORMANCE OF ROSETTA STONED IN SEATTLE. EVERY SHOW WAS AMAZING TO SAY THE LEAST. THE EXPERIANCE THAT I TOOK AWAY FROM EVERY SHOW IS WHAT I WILL REMEMBER!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

TOOL_rules I AGREE WITH U 100% I HAVE SEEN 6 SHOWS ON THE 10,000 DAYS TOUR INCULDING THE VERY FIRST LIVE PREFORMANCE OF ROSETTA STONED IN SEATTLE. EVERY SHOW WAS AMAZING TO SAY THE LEAST. THE EXPERIANCE THAT I TOOK AWAY FROM EVERY SHOW IS WHAT I WILL REMEMBER!
TOOL_Rules
08-30-2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBLAZE View Post
Me too, John. Thanks for the support. That first show at Coachella seeing them play a lot of the new stuff for the first time was incredible. But, of course, they got better and tighter with every song and in a lot of people's minds each show was better than the last, with few exceptions (i.e. Maynard's illnesses, certain lame crowds throwing crap on the stage, refusal to honor Maynard's requests for no flash photography, etc.) Seeing them play Right In Two for the first time for an audience in Chicago May 2006 was waaaay cool. And the St. Louis show here 6/22/07 was the best of all eight shows, even though they didn't play Flood as they has the previous night and the night after. What we got was the WHOLE 10,000 Days CD played in its entirety, save for Intension. That was unique in itself and, though I haven't studied all of the set lists, I'll bet that didn't happen many times, if any. Yep, going to miss the tour a lot and will continue keeping up with what the boys are doing as we wait patiently until 2011 or so. I feel sorry for the dissatisfied people who really just don't "get it" and didn't get to capture the magic of this tour. How about TOOL's lighting, sound, and technical people, inlcuding Camella? Do you think they would be able to do their jobs if TOOL did a different set list every night? No freaking way!! This show is a lot more complex than people realize, and more complex with the white reflecting stage than the Lateralus tour that so many people seem to think was the pinnacle of TOOL's touring days. I disagree wholeheartedly as I saw four of those shows. It was great, but this is the best tour they have done so far. And with any luck we'll see some cool new shit next tour. If there is a band out there that is putting on a better show and pulling off their music live better than TOOL, I'd like to hear about that band. Because I am not aware of anything like them. Seeing them in 1993 I could have never imagined they could climb to their current status, and likely neither did the band. But I and most everyone at Lollpalooza watching them on that side stage in 98 degree heat on hot pavement sweating our asses off knew there was something special going on up there. It's just been a blast watching it blossom into something I feel is unparallelled. So ironic that AIC headlined that Lollpalooza (with Primus) and this Saturday night I'm seeing the reunited AIC unplugged show here in St. Louis with their new singer. Should be interesting.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBLAZE View Post
Me too, John. Thanks for the support. That first show at Coachella seeing them play a lot of the new stuff for the first time was incredible. But, of course, they got better and tighter with every song and in a lot of people's minds each show was better than the last, with few exceptions (i.e. Maynard's illnesses, certain lame crowds throwing crap on the stage, refusal to honor Maynard's requests for no flash photography, etc.) Seeing them play Right In Two for the first time for an audience in Chicago May 2006 was waaaay cool. And the St. Louis show here 6/22/07 was the best of all eight shows, even though they didn't play Flood as they has the previous night and the night after. What we got was the WHOLE 10,000 Days CD played in its entirety, save for Intension. That was unique in itself and, though I haven't studied all of the set lists, I'll bet that didn't happen many times, if any. Yep, going to miss the tour a lot and will continue keeping up with what the boys are doing as we wait patiently until 2011 or so. I feel sorry for the dissatisfied people who really just don't "get it" and didn't get to capture the magic of this tour. How about TOOL's lighting, sound, and technical people, inlcuding Camella? Do you think they would be able to do their jobs if TOOL did a different set list every night? No freaking way!! This show is a lot more complex than people realize, and more complex with the white reflecting stage than the Lateralus tour that so many people seem to think was the pinnacle of TOOL's touring days. I disagree wholeheartedly as I saw four of those shows. It was great, but this is the best tour they have done so far. And with any luck we'll see some cool new shit next tour. If there is a band out there that is putting on a better show and pulling off their music live better than TOOL, I'd like to hear about that band. Because I am not aware of anything like them. Seeing them in 1993 I could have never imagined they could climb to their current status, and likely neither did the band. But I and most everyone at Lollpalooza watching them on that side stage in 98 degree heat on hot pavement sweating our asses off knew there was something special going on up there. It's just been a blast watching it blossom into something I feel is unparallelled. So ironic that AIC headlined that Lollpalooza (with Primus) and this Saturday night I'm seeing the reunited AIC unplugged show here in St. Louis with their new singer. Should be interesting.
08-30-2007, 09:49 AM

If only they played Intention....

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #32
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

If only they played Intention....

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
donhumberto
08-30-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules View Post
Great post, sir. I've just arrived from Germany where they played Wings (it was my first time) and it was just awesome
Old 08-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #33

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules View Post
Great post, sir. I've just arrived from Germany where they played Wings (it was my first time) and it was just awesome
valhalla
09-07-2007, 12:11 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is "right" and no one is "wrong". I've been a fan since Undertow. I've seen the band many times and I've seen them grow and progress. 10K Days IMHO was a huge disappointment as was the tour. Both, IMHO, were completely uninspired and "phoned in". I've seen and heard what this band was capable of. The album and the tour fell flat. I've seen them at their peak and this ain't it. I'm sure that most of you who are singing their high praises are probably new to the band. Therefore, this is all you know. You really can't compare to 2006/2007 Tool to Undertow/Aenima Tool because you weren't there. I'm not slamming anyone who thinks this rekkid and tour was the bees knees. That's your opinion and your welcome to it. Just don't slag those of us who have a different opinion; one different from your own.

Flame away.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is "right" and no one is "wrong". I've been a fan since Undertow. I've seen the band many times and I've seen them grow and progress. 10K Days IMHO was a huge disappointment as was the tour. Both, IMHO, were completely uninspired and "phoned in". I've seen and heard what this band was capable of. The album and the tour fell flat. I've seen them at their peak and this ain't it. I'm sure that most of you who are singing their high praises are probably new to the band. Therefore, this is all you know. You really can't compare to 2006/2007 Tool to Undertow/Aenima Tool because you weren't there. I'm not slamming anyone who thinks this rekkid and tour was the bees knees. That's your opinion and your welcome to it. Just don't slag those of us who have a different opinion; one different from your own.

Flame away.
Tool_Is_Sick
09-07-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
You obviously arent a fan of great music. 10,000 days is a materpiece if you ask me. Listen to it more and you'll understand. I will definately miss this tour. I had the pleasure of seeing them twice this past year. my last being at the boardwalk hall in AC 6/9/2007. The show was awesome. and I also LOVED the light show they had going on. Long Live TOOL.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #35
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
You obviously arent a fan of great music. 10,000 days is a materpiece if you ask me. Listen to it more and you'll understand. I will definately miss this tour. I had the pleasure of seeing them twice this past year. my last being at the boardwalk hall in AC 6/9/2007. The show was awesome. and I also LOVED the light show they had going on. Long Live TOOL.
Tool_Is_Sick
09-07-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla View Post

Flame away.
No flaming here. but i have this to say. They have also matured as a band. Yes aenima is one of their best albums and it rocked, inspired, changed your life and what not but you have to look at this album under a different light. Ive been listening to TOOL since 92' so I know how it was and how it is. They have grown up. Respect it. Rosetta stoned inspired me NOT to do drugs, hopefully your not one who stares at street lights on lsd all night but like you said everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #36
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla View Post

Flame away.
No flaming here. but i have this to say. They have also matured as a band. Yes aenima is one of their best albums and it rocked, inspired, changed your life and what not but you have to look at this album under a different light. Ive been listening to TOOL since 92' so I know how it was and how it is. They have grown up. Respect it. Rosetta stoned inspired me NOT to do drugs, hopefully your not one who stares at street lights on lsd all night but like you said everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply