Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
lsdj's Avatar lsdj
05-20-2006, 11:32 PM

oh and a groan" is a fucking asshole too if you don't like make something better or shut the fuck up about it
Old 05-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #41
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Unpredictable Tool...

oh and a groan" is a fucking asshole too if you don't like make something better or shut the fuck up about it
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
savelints8's Avatar savelints8
05-21-2006, 01:36 AM

The new album is in no way what I expected, but I love it. It's like what Kabir said when he listened to it- not what you expect, but exactly what you need.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #42
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Location: The Phallus Palace Fernando Clavijo: Resigned!!! Sex: ***MALE***
Bincount™: 4914

The new album is in no way what I expected, but I love it. It's like what Kabir said when he listened to it- not what you expect, but exactly what you need.
PoisonSkin's Avatar PoisonSkin
05-21-2006, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdj
Yeah i would have to say that if anyone is a true tool fan maybe they would pick up on the having an open mind and excepting what tool is releasing .......nad not fuckin bitching about what they should do i would love to see any motherfucker that is talking shit on tool's new album be able to write and or record anything near as good as tools worst song ............so FUCK OFF AND QUIT TALKING SHIT ON 10000 DAYS it is areally good album and maybe you would realize that if you were an actual fan and not just some bullshit fake like this fucker above
its ok turbo. I've been with them since opiate and will support them as long as I can. this is just a weak effort. and its frustrating
Old 05-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #43
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdj
Yeah i would have to say that if anyone is a true tool fan maybe they would pick up on the having an open mind and excepting what tool is releasing .......nad not fuckin bitching about what they should do i would love to see any motherfucker that is talking shit on tool's new album be able to write and or record anything near as good as tools worst song ............so FUCK OFF AND QUIT TALKING SHIT ON 10000 DAYS it is areally good album and maybe you would realize that if you were an actual fan and not just some bullshit fake like this fucker above
its ok turbo. I've been with them since opiate and will support them as long as I can. this is just a weak effort. and its frustrating
megalomaniac4prez's Avatar megalomaniac4prez
05-21-2006, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A groan
Ive coem to the conclusion Tool could record them selfs pissing in a tin cup and some of you woudl be like..
"OMG its them evolving!! there progressive!!, if you dont like it then you dont get it!!!"

Im betting anyone that has followed Tool since the early 90's and who has attended well over 15 shows isnt impressed with this album..they find it enjoyable yet mediocre.
Has it ever occured to you that they are human? I love this album, not only because it's amazing music, but because they stayed true to themselves... maybe "evolving" is the wrong word here, I think they've just grown up, that's all. People change, and if you find a way to make your music change with you, without having to mass-produce reproductions of what made you famous, all the better. Staying true to yourself is what makes you an artist.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #44
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Ive coem to the conclusion Tool could record them selfs pissing in a tin cup and some of you woudl be like..
"OMG its them evolving!! there progressive!!, if you dont like it then you dont get it!!!"

Im betting anyone that has followed Tool since the early 90's and who has attended well over 15 shows isnt impressed with this album..they find it enjoyable yet mediocre.
Has it ever occured to you that they are human? I love this album, not only because it's amazing music, but because they stayed true to themselves... maybe "evolving" is the wrong word here, I think they've just grown up, that's all. People change, and if you find a way to make your music change with you, without having to mass-produce reproductions of what made you famous, all the better. Staying true to yourself is what makes you an artist.
submachine's Avatar submachine
05-21-2006, 09:00 AM

Quote:

That says it all. I've never been more tempted to use a post as my signature.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #45
On Probation

Bincount™: 163

Quote:

That says it all. I've never been more tempted to use a post as my signature.

flawlessme's Avatar flawlessme
05-21-2006, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I dont think there is really a next step..whats left?

Now he has gotten out his mothers death and rehashed the theme from Stinkfist..did a Stoner song Like Third Eye (yet Third Eye had a meaning deeper then a funny story)
Rosetta Stoned is much more than a stoner song/funny story. Its the key to this album really. If you've been paying attention to what Maynard's been saying in recent interviews, it wont take long to figure it out.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #46
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I dont think there is really a next step..whats left?

Now he has gotten out his mothers death and rehashed the theme from Stinkfist..did a Stoner song Like Third Eye (yet Third Eye had a meaning deeper then a funny story)
Rosetta Stoned is much more than a stoner song/funny story. Its the key to this album really. If you've been paying attention to what Maynard's been saying in recent interviews, it wont take long to figure it out.
05-21-2006, 11:47 AM

Been a Tool fan since '92.

And, well, considering the way I feel right now about 10,000 Days, I think that while not a perfect album (they still haven't made one) it's exactly what they should have released and is a wonderful album.

Yes, as others have said, I'm glad this album is not a concept piece. And I'm glad it's not as serious as Lateralus. That is the closest they've come to a concept album, and while it was excellent, if we would have gotten another record like that I think it would have seemed a bit dull of the boys.

All I can say is that while I absolutely love those songs, I'm fucking glad they are not writing songs like Hush, Sober or even Stinkfist anymore. They made them already. Why do they need to make them again?
Old 05-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Been a Tool fan since '92.

And, well, considering the way I feel right now about 10,000 Days, I think that while not a perfect album (they still haven't made one) it's exactly what they should have released and is a wonderful album.

Yes, as others have said, I'm glad this album is not a concept piece. And I'm glad it's not as serious as Lateralus. That is the closest they've come to a concept album, and while it was excellent, if we would have gotten another record like that I think it would have seemed a bit dull of the boys.

All I can say is that while I absolutely love those songs, I'm fucking glad they are not writing songs like Hush, Sober or even Stinkfist anymore. They made them already. Why do they need to make them again?
Aggroculture's Avatar Aggroculture
05-21-2006, 12:04 PM

In what way is it unpredictable?
I would like someone to explain this.
When I first heard it, and today, it's pretty much exactly the album I would have expected them to make...
Old 05-21-2006, 12:04 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

When I first heard it, and today, it's pretty much exactly the album I would have expected them to make...
tomhet
05-21-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonSkin
that's cool.

lets concentrate on angels. they are lovely.

maybe we can have a go with santa claus metaphores. he's fit for all seasons
HA HA HA you should send this to MJK to see if he writes a song about it.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #49
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
that's cool.

lets concentrate on angels. they are lovely.

maybe we can have a go with santa claus metaphores. he's fit for all seasons
HA HA HA you should send this to MJK to see if he writes a song about it.
05-21-2006, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggroculture
I would like someone to explain this..
Simply, that it is mostly good, and not mostly great.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #50
On Probation

Quote:
I would like someone to explain this..
Simply, that it is mostly good, and not mostly great.

StereoScopicLenses's Avatar StereoScopicLenses
05-21-2006, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Ok yeah its sad..but theres just no concept..the album is really all over the place..and yes there is alwasy that 1 song that is out there (Hooker&Ticks)..but the album has no real direction..no general thought..

I can't believe you just said this album has NO GENERAL THOUGHT. Do you have downs??????
Old 05-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #51

Quote:
Ok yeah its sad..but theres just no concept..the album is really all over the place..and yes there is alwasy that 1 song that is out there (Hooker&Ticks)..but the album has no real direction..no general thought..

I can't believe you just said this album has NO GENERAL THOUGHT. Do you have downs??????
05-21-2006, 02:22 PM

Quote:

why dont you post this again a third time? get over yourself
Old 05-21-2006, 02:22 PM   #52
On Probation

Quote:

why dont you post this again a third time? get over yourself
Aggroculture's Avatar Aggroculture
05-21-2006, 09:12 PM

Because I still don't have an answer.
I love Tool, and I love 10000 Days and have no problem with it at all. But it's the first time they've done something which hasn't thrown me for a loop or surprised me. The Pot is a bit of a surprise, I'll concede.
Oh, and STFU.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:12 PM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Because I still don't have an answer.
I love Tool, and I love 10000 Days and have no problem with it at all. But it's the first time they've done something which hasn't thrown me for a loop or surprised me. The Pot is a bit of a surprise, I'll concede.
Oh, and STFU.
technicalbull's Avatar technicalbull
05-22-2006, 03:36 AM

has anyone seen Maynard live recently????....i saw them in chicago.....and maynard is a VERY different Maynard live these days.......actually appears to be enjoying himself and havinga good time live.......he has changed...TOOL has changed....we have changed.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:36 AM   #54
Level 2 - Poster

has anyone seen Maynard live recently????....i saw them in chicago.....and maynard is a VERY different Maynard live these days.......actually appears to be enjoying himself and havinga good time live.......he has changed...TOOL has changed....we have changed.
Mozeley's Avatar Mozeley
05-22-2006, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Deftones died when they released White Pony..except for Passenger and House.
I loved White Pony. I regard it as the Deftones greatest work.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:28 AM   #55
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Deftones died when they released White Pony..except for Passenger and House.
I loved White Pony. I regard it as the Deftones greatest work.
05-22-2006, 04:48 AM

Quote:
You'd lose that bet.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:48 AM   #56
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
You'd lose that bet.
lemonlateralus's Avatar lemonlateralus
05-22-2006, 05:10 AM

I think they have been the way they are best....Predictably unpredictable.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:10 AM   #57
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

I think they have been the way they are best....Predictably unpredictable.
05-22-2006, 05:52 AM

Quote:

i agree with you 100% on that.its good but just not leaving me a feeling like after lateralus.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:52 AM   #58
Banned.

Bincount™: 3

Quote:

i agree with you 100% on that.its good but just not leaving me a feeling like after lateralus.
05-22-2006, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technicalbull
maynard is a VERY different Maynard live these days.......actually appears to be enjoying himself.
There it is, that 'change' is the death of the artist, the birth of the person.

The fire is gone*

*see Metallica
Old 05-22-2006, 05:57 AM   #59
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by technicalbull
maynard is a VERY different Maynard live these days.......actually appears to be enjoying himself.

The fire is gone*

*see Metallica
evilprimeval
05-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by submachine

The fire is gone*

*see Metallica
I don't feel that the fire is gone.
Brings to mind the "considerately killing me" line from H, there's no way that exposure to all of this hasn't changed who they are as artists but I'm impressed at the way they've dealt with it and continue to release great art.
They've said themselves, there's only so much that they can throw out there to teach people, show them a different way to look at things.
You ever just get tired of talking to someone because they don't seem to be listening or understanding so you just kind of say "fuck it" and do your thing?
This album has some weaker parts, some good parts and some incredible parts.
I feel the same about all of their albums, really, and love them all.
Obviously we haven't all transcended our physical vessels to join a massive energy web because here we are, still experiencing all of this...
the same bullshit, the same pain, the same ignorance and separation and lack of any kind of understanding or evolution.
Frustration. That's the theme, I think.

Last edited by evilprimeval; 05-22-2006 at 12:49 PM..
Old 05-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #60

Bincount™: 7

Quote:

The fire is gone*

*see Metallica
Brings to mind the "considerately killing me" line from H, there's no way that exposure to all of this hasn't changed who they are as artists but I'm impressed at the way they've dealt with it and continue to release great art.
They've said themselves, there's only so much that they can throw out there to teach people, show them a different way to look at things.
You ever just get tired of talking to someone because they don't seem to be listening or understanding so you just kind of say "fuck it" and do your thing?
Obviously we haven't all transcended our physical vessels to join a massive energy web because here we are, still experiencing all of this...
the same bullshit, the same pain, the same ignorance and separation and lack of any kind of understanding or evolution.

Last edited by evilprimeval; 05-22-2006 at 12:49 PM..
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
05-23-2006, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilprimeval

we have a winner! couldn't agree more.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:10 AM   #61
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

Quote:

we have a winner! couldn't agree more.
05-23-2006, 08:45 AM

Quote:

The fire is gone*

*see Metallica
are you kidding? lol
Old 05-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #62

Bincount™: 12

Quote:

The fire is gone*

*see Metallica
are you kidding? lol
kether4602's Avatar kether4602
05-23-2006, 08:47 AM

So many people could not stand Lateralus when it first came out. Once the album was out long enough, it sunk in with most people (that i have talked to) and it was then accepted. It's gonna be hilarious to come back here in a year or two and see how many people have changed their minds about this album....once it hits 'em.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #63

Bincount™: 12

So many people could not stand Lateralus when it first came out. Once the album was out long enough, it sunk in with most people (that i have talked to) and it was then accepted. It's gonna be hilarious to come back here in a year or two and see how many people have changed their minds about this album....once it hits 'em.
05-23-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
there's only so much that they can throw out there to teach people, show them a different way to look at things.
I can think for myself, their job is to make good music.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:58 AM   #64
On Probation

Quote:
there's only so much that they can throw out there to teach people, show them a different way to look at things.
evilprimeval
05-23-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I question the first statement only because of some of your posts.
I don't even know how to reply to the second statement because it is so fucking ignorant.
Did you put that in their job descriptions when you hired them?
Jesus, man.
What is an artist's job? Do you have any artistic lean whatsoever?
Did I really just read that?
Quote:
Fuck, guess I did.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #65

Quote:
I question the first statement only because of some of your posts.
I don't even know how to reply to the second statement because it is so fucking ignorant.
Did you put that in their job descriptions when you hired them?
Jesus, man.
What is an artist's job? Do you have any artistic lean whatsoever?
Did I really just read that?
Quote:
Fuck, guess I did.
mindstream's Avatar mindstream
05-23-2006, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Well...haven't seen 15 shows as of yet, but definitely qualify as an early 90's listener.

But I love the album...my only reservation with it is...it seems incomplete...even though its 80 minutes long, it has the feel of an EP.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:38 PM   #66
hookers and peanuts

Bincount™: 5403

Quote:
Well...haven't seen 15 shows as of yet, but definitely qualify as an early 90's listener.

But I love the album...my only reservation with it is...it seems incomplete...even though its 80 minutes long, it has the feel of an EP.
05-23-2006, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindstream
I'll agree with this.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #67
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I'll agree with this.
evilprimeval
05-23-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:

I kind of have to agree, too.
Strange to have an 80 minute album seem like an EP but, I have to admit, it does. One more epic song at the end or something?
Maybe they'll sell a patch online to fix this.

Last edited by evilprimeval; 05-23-2006 at 02:53 PM..
Old 05-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #68

Quote:

I kind of have to agree, too.
Strange to have an 80 minute album seem like an EP but, I have to admit, it does. One more epic song at the end or something?
Maybe they'll sell a patch online to fix this.

Last edited by evilprimeval; 05-23-2006 at 02:53 PM..
PMAZ
05-23-2006, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody
well, you can't convert someone when they think they know the truth.

Isn't that the truth... one more piece of evidence that everyone on here is a know-it-all. Fun, but it get's old very quick.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #69
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody
well, you can't convert someone when they think they know the truth.

Isn't that the truth... one more piece of evidence that everyone on here is a know-it-all. Fun, but it get's old very quick.
Stumble's Avatar Stumble
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
There it is, that 'change' is the death of the artist, the birth of the person. The fire is gone*
An artist only dies when they become lazy and comfortable with their suroundings. These boys are work horses and extremely intelligent.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #70
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
There it is, that 'change' is the death of the artist, the birth of the person. The fire is gone*
An artist only dies when they become lazy and comfortable with their suroundings. These boys are work horses and extremely intelligent.
05-23-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:

i have and you are way off

musically this album is flawless
Old 05-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #71
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

evilprimeval
05-23-2006, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah

Tell 'im, brother!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:49 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah

Tell 'im, brother!
lsdj's Avatar lsdj
05-23-2006, 10:23 PM

Quote:

hey i guess i see what your saaying but can you honestly say you really loved lateralus when it first came out i personally thought it was weak for a while now it ranks up there with aenima......oh and i was drunk when i posted my last post so yeah it was probably a little angry but hey oh well
Old 05-23-2006, 10:23 PM   #73
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

hey i guess i see what your saaying but can you honestly say you really loved lateralus when it first came out i personally thought it was weak for a while now it ranks up there with aenima......oh and i was drunk when i posted my last post so yeah it was probably a little angry but hey oh well
hbynoe's Avatar hbynoe
05-23-2006, 11:14 PM

i think it is absolutely fucking brilliant story telling
so poetic
so laborous
so dynamic
so sincere...

fuck it almost seems unreal
Old 05-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #74
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

i think it is absolutely fucking brilliant story telling
so poetic
so laborous
so dynamic
so sincere...

fuck it almost seems unreal
05-24-2006, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumble
An artist only dies when they become lazy and comfortable with their suroundings.
True, an artist only dies when they become lazy and comfortable with their suroundings.

5 years off, 5 months of work.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:34 AM   #75
On Probation

Quote:
An artist only dies when they become lazy and comfortable with their suroundings.
True, an artist only dies when they become lazy and comfortable with their suroundings.

5 years off, 5 months of work.
05-24-2006, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
2 Years touring, 2 years APC/side projects. Half year vacation.
TooL wasnt in apc/side projects.

Touring ended 2002

Nearly 5 years off, not even touring.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:38 AM   #76
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
2 Years touring, 2 years APC/side projects. Half year vacation.
TooL wasnt in apc/side projects.

Touring ended 2002

Nearly 5 years off, not even touring.
Stumble's Avatar Stumble
05-24-2006, 08:28 AM

Oh come on man. you don't really believe that Adam, Danny, and Justin are sitting in their boxers watching the discovery channel in those breaks do you? They are constantly finding new things to stimulate them artisticly. Sure it doesn't always get thrown into a tool album but there is still growth, meaning the artistic nerve could not be dead.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:28 AM   #77
Level 4 - Thinker

Oh come on man. you don't really believe that Adam, Danny, and Justin are sitting in their boxers watching the discovery channel in those breaks do you? They are constantly finding new things to stimulate them artisticly. Sure it doesn't always get thrown into a tool album but there is still growth, meaning the artistic nerve could not be dead.
05-24-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
They are constantly finding new things to stimulate them artisticly.
To the detriment and neglect of what made them: TooL
Old 05-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #78
On Probation

Quote:
They are constantly finding new things to stimulate them artisticly.
evilprimeval
05-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
and to the betterment and attention of what makes them: TOOL.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:05 PM   #79

Quote:
and to the betterment and attention of what makes them: TOOL.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply