opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 04. Useful Idiot
User Name
Password
Old 04-22-2003, 01:04 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Hidden Grooves on the Vinyl

This song is on the CD because it is on the Vinyl, and on the vinyl it IS at the end of one side to appear to be hitting the paper, and you think you missed out on a song called usefull idiot, a short song at that. Unless of course you realise that the vinyl actually has a parallel track starting at the start of the song which always gets skipped if you play on from track 3, and i mean, after hearing it once, who purposly goes to track 4? unless you know to put the stylus into the short parallel track. I can't believe somebody hasn't noticed this earlier. Not that it is a particulary interesting song, some lame sound effect and words that sound like :elbillug elbillug or something I can't quite make it out.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

?????

I was watching MTV"S cribs and they were going through a vj's house, he was going through his vinyl's and he pulled out undertow. I went nuts. .......so where did you get yours.

i totally agree with you. it sounds like something tool would do. i just wish i had the vinyl
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 07:35 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

you messing with us or not? what this about an actual usful idiot song?
Old 05-07-2003, 02:52 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 166
is there any way to get this song onto a computer file? id liek to hear it..
Old 05-26-2003, 07:30 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

I think he's just talking about the same version as on CD, but it is a little more eerie because it makes the same sound as the vinyl ends..
"Into the Flood Again.. Same old trip it was back then"
"Wide awake, and keeping distance from my soul"
Old 06-01-2003, 08:26 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

no

Quote:
Originally posted by Undefined
I think he's just talking about the same version as on CD, but it is a little more eerie because it makes the same sound as the vinyl ends..
no, its a different song, well, not a song as much, more like ions, you know, sounds and stuff, not so much of a melody etc
anyway, its not hard to find, just get someone with a vinyl copy and listen to it
Old 06-21-2003, 12:59 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Pretty funny. I've been meaning to aquire all the vynil's latley, although all the one's I have foudn are opiate and undertow. As usual, Tool keeps its reputation as a pretty free thinking, satirical band. I think taking a joke like this seriously is pretty much what they want. Someone following them like a religion to prove their own point.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:08 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11
Re: Hidden Grooves on the Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefined
somebody show me a place to get the vinyl, ill have it on the computer within a few minutes of getting the vinyl.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:46 AM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 5
Re: Hidden Grooves on the Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaJoe
Pretty funny. I've been meaning to aquire all the vynil's latley, although all the one's I have foudn are opiate and undertow. As usual, Tool keeps its reputation as a pretty free thinking, satirical band. I think taking a joke like this seriously is pretty much what they want. Someone following them like a religion to prove their own point.
or perhaps they are attempting to mimick life in the sense that the only reason it is ihteresting is because you can never get it all...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: