opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2006
User Name
Password
Old 11-15-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/11/25 - Glasgow, SCT - SECC

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
Swamp Song
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/25 - Glasgow, SCT - SECC

perfection

absolutely incredible, flawless performance, great crowd. wings was fantastic

best concert i've ever been to.

i was the ginger guy with glasses right in front of adam. stayed at the barrier for a while but couldn't breathe so i had to go. anyone remember me?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

WE WERE AT THE FUCKING GIG SO WE CAN PUT A POST UP!!!!!

SETLIST
STINKFIST
SWAMP SONG
JAMBI
SCHISM
THE POT
LOST KEYS/ROSETTA STONED
WINGS PART 1
10,00 DAYS
LATERALUS
VICARIOUS
AENIMA

IT WAS DEFINATELY THESE SONGS - BUT NOT 100% SURE IF THAT IS THE RIGHT ORDER!

IT WAS A SHIT HOT GIG - BETTER THAN THE CARLING EARLIER THIS YEAR. THE LIGHT SHOW WAS TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE - LOADS OF LASERS AND BRILLIANT BACK DROPS.

NOW TO SMOKE WEED AND DRINK STELLA AND LISTENED TO SOME MORE TOOL

CUSY, ROSS, ROWENA AND THE CRAZY SPOON FAE LINLITHGOW
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

SORRY, I MEANT 10,000 DAYS - I'M A BIT PISHED
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

my friends who were sitting at the back seaid the bit with all the lighters looked amazing. I got really pissed off by people clapping during wings
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

WELL SAID, ROSS

IT'S NOT THE KIND OF SONG PEOPLE SHOULD BE CLAPPING TO - IT'S JUST NOT APPROPRIATE. AS FOR LIGHTERS, IT'S NOT A EUROPE GIG - TWATS!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:31 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

i got on the train at linlithgow, noiced a lot of tool tshirts.

wish maynard had spoken a bit more ....
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

FUCKIN HELL SON, WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT. OBVIOUSLY FOLK FAE LINLITHGOW HAVE A DECENT CHOICE OF MUSIC. AND MY NAME IS ROSS TOO!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

we clearly are cool guys. im from queensferry though, easier getting the train from linlithgow though. did u walk to central and get the train there too? we were probably together the whole time. were you the crazy folk moshin at the underground staion?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

HELL NO MAN, WE ARE ALL (APART FROM MY WIFE) THE WRONG SIDE OF THIRTY SO STAND SLIGHTLY TOWARDS THE BACK AND NOD OUR HEADS! MAYBE A FEW YEARS AGO

FUCKIN HELL SWAMP SONG!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

i would rather have had sober, but it was still great, and i still sang along.

roseta stoned is great, but it doesn't do much for me live. they should have done parabola and forty six & 2 instead
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

CUSY : HEARD SOBER TO MANY TIMES SO IT WAS GOOD TO HEAR SWAMP SONG INSTEAD AND PERSONALLY I THINK ROSETTA STONED IS ONE OF THE BEST TRACKS ON 10,000 DAYS AND I THINK IT WAS EVEN BETTER LIVE. ITS BETTER OFF NOT BEING THE FIRST TUNE LIKE IT WAS AT THE CARLING - IT GIVES THE SOUND GUYS A CHANCE TO GET THE VOCALS SPOT ON.

ROSS : I AGREE, I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HEARD SOBER AS IT ONE OF MY FAVORITES ON THAT ALBUM BUT HEY YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 04:54 PM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

OH WELL, THATS THE WHISKY STARTED SO IT'S ALL GOING TO GO TITS UP NOW!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-25-2006, 05:03 PM   #14
Medium Pimpin'

Bincount™: 1282

They didn't do 46&2 this time =(
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 03:01 AM   #15
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082

Great night, fucking awesome - I think that's the best I've ever seen them. very tight, great vibes onstage and hearing Swamp Song was fucking great.

I was a little worried about Maynard - he asked the crowd not to smoke before the gig 'you like my pretty little voice don't you?' and he copped out of the climax of Vicarious to let the crowd sing - there were a few other moments he didn't push fully and I think he might be struggling a little. I really hope he's okay for the rest of the UK gigs.

fucking awesome night. Justin fucking rocked it btw, that guy is the fucking MAN. and maynard was grooving away. awesome gig.

Last edited by ktdude; 11-26-2006 at 03:27 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 04:07 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusy View Post
HELL NO MAN, WE ARE ALL (APART FROM MY WIFE) THE WRONG SIDE OF THIRTY SO STAND SLIGHTLY TOWARDS THE BACK AND NOD OUR HEADS! MAYBE A FEW YEARS AGO
That's no excuse - I'm the wrong side of 40 (just) and was *right* down the front (come to think of it aren't most of the band in their 40s too?!)

Anyway what can I add - *awesome* gig. Saw them at Carling Academy and Hammersmith back in June and this was even better if that were possible!! Stunning visuals and (amazingly for the SECC) the sound was spot on!

Think the setlist in cusy's post above is right - can't be 100% sure of order but hey I was too busy taking it all into be taking notes ;-)

Most emotional moment for me was when they began 10,000 Days / Wings ... I've longed to see & hear it live for so long and despite all the previous reviews couldn't believe they were actually playing it , and exclaimed to the bloke next to me "OmiGod, I'm going to cry!!" (and must admit I did at the "Give me my wings" line which always brings a lump to the old throat). Was a bit annoyed at folk clapping and whooping during the quiet bits, but hey didn't let it spoil the moment.

High points for me still Lateralus (WOW, follow that....!), the fast guitar bit in the middle of Schism (just wish it was longer), the rock-out towards the end of Wings... minor disappointment at no Sober, but hey - maybe next weekend at Nottingham (can't believe I'm going to do it all again next weekend....and then the one after in Paris!!!!)

Maynard only spoke a couple of times (I think) - to request the audience not to smoke, as "you like my pretty little voice the way it is?", and to say "always a pleasure" at the very end. Yeah was a bit worried about him too hope that voice holds out! As for the others, Justin cool and rocking as ever, Danny cool and mad as ever, Adam static (but also cool) as ever...!

Mustn't leave out Mastodon as they were also superb, first time I've seen them and it won't be the last.... they did a fantastic set, higlight for me was my personal favourite Sleeping Giant off the Blood Mountain album, but it was all awesome. Impressive backdrop too! If you're going to any of the remaining UK gigs do get there early and catch them - and I mean *early* - nearly missed the beginning of their set and that was a mere half hour after the doors opening .

Hope to see some of you at Nottingham and Paris!!!!

http://stashbox.org/5785/tool.jpg
Old 11-26-2006, 04:32 AM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambi's_mum View Post
That's no excuse - I'm the wrong side of 40 (just) and was *right* down the front (come to think of it aren't most of the band in their 40s too?!)

Left the SECC speechless (again)

Third time I've seen TOOL this year, Download, Glasgow Carling and last nights gig at the SECC

I'd put the best as Glasgow Carling for sound quality and tightness of the performance but last nights laser & light show f*ckin blew me away. Full stage set made a huge difference.

Held a seat ticket (not be doing that again) I reckon the atmosphera would have been better if I'd been in amognst those on the floor, but that didn't stop me or my son freakin out. There's no excuse for the lamewads who feel their too old to fully appreciate the music and experience. You're being controlled by the authority's who brainwash you into thinking that when you reach a milestone your life has to change - THINK FOR YOURSELF

I've been this way since I was 15 I'll be the same when I die.

Looking forward to Summer 07

Mastodon were pretty damn good, nice visuals on the backdrop.

TOOL - need I say more
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 04:38 AM   #18
fff
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusy View Post
WELL SAID, ROSS

IT'S NOT THE KIND OF SONG PEOPLE SHOULD BE CLAPPING TO - IT'S JUST NOT APPROPRIATE. AS FOR LIGHTERS, IT'S NOT A EUROPE GIG - TWATS!
It was Justin and Danny who started the lighter waving, they were sitting on the vocal platform waving lighters and encouraging everyone to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebaz
There's no excuse for the lamewads who feel their too old to fully appreciate the music and experience. You're being controlled by the authority's who brainwash you into thinking that when you reach a milestone your life has to change - THINK FOR YOURSELF
Er.....tangent?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 05:49 AM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

Great gig. Sound in the SECC is never the best but it was a hell of alot better for Tool than it was for Mastadon.

Went mental when they played Swamp Song, really didn't expect that one! Wings / 10,000 Days was definetely the highlight for me.

Maynard said something about being back next summer. Didn't believe him in the Carling when he said he'd be back but he proved us wrong.

Fuckin belter of a gig!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:29 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

That was the best Tool' s performance I've ever seen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My girlfriend ( she has seen them first time) could not believe it. Perfection!!!!
Mynard wasn't very talkactive but that's the way he is.
I am looking forward to see Tool next time.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 06:31 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

stinkfist
"good evening, we have one request for you tonight. its just a request so you dont have to do anything you dont want to. Please dont smoke. Were old men. You like my pretty voice right? Chancellor. Jones. Carey. Maynard. Glasgow. Lets do it together."
Swamp Song
Jambi
Schism
"Theres some good news and some bad news what do you want first? The good news is, there's no bad news"
The Pot
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
"Always a pleasure. Hopefully see you next summer."
Aenema

Amazing lighting. Amazing music. Amazing show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 07:04 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Better than Manchester.

The crowd were superb as were the band.

The only bad thing was the guy behind me at Wings who kept talking and talking at the start. Had to tell him rather forcibly to shut the fuck up. Apologies if it bummed anyone out.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

Oh thats fuckin great, Now I'm so syked for the Wembley gig, SWAMP SONG! I hope they play it..Yes, I am seeing them in PARIS! Lucky bastards who've been following them around to Manchester and Glasgow, I wanted to do that! but I'm poor.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

anyone know the mastodon setlist? i thought they were pretty good, i know it was mostly stuff off their new album, cos id bought it to see what they were like
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 09:44 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

it was fuckin epic!!! best gig i've ever been too and probably ever will go too. they were tight as fuck and the sound couldn't have been better. some of maynards vocal effects were amazing!!

loved how they built up the stage show, rather than milking the lazers and video screens all the way through!! it was perfect!!

ps does anyone else still hav sore eyes from lookin at maynards bright orange hoody?? :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #26
Level 2 - Poster

Oh my God, how amazing was that?!

I saw Tool at Carling earlier this year, my first time, and they blew me away then. But this was 10,000 times better than that. Maynard's vocals were awesome (The SECC wasn't too bad for sound last night), his voice is beautiful. I loved the laser effects, it looked really cool. The lighters looked wonderful too.

I almost cried at the 'Give me my wings' lyric...

I loved Maynard's orange hoody and his toplessness! =D

I hope to God they come again next year.

This was the best gig I've ever been to.

The good news is there is no bad news!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 10:36 AM   #27
wraithin' it with da ancients

Bincount™: 16535

Lasers.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #28
Level 8 - Vociferous

Location: Ædinburgh, Scotland MissedLecturesCount™: ∞ YearsOnEarthCount™: 18
Bincount™: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolloot View Post
They didn't do 46&2 this time =(
I know :(
Oh well, Swamp Song was fucking excellent.

Setlist (100% accurate - I was driving so I was sober):-

Stinkfist
Swamp Song
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
---break---
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

The lasers were fucking cool. Had an awesome time even if I could hardly see.
One of the best gigs i've ever been to, WFM being the definite highlight.

Last edited by The Scottish Tool; 11-26-2006 at 12:08 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #29
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 316

Woah. I've never heard a live version of Schism sound so full.

Great experience!

Did anyone else expect Eon Blue Apocalypse instead of Vicarious? Maybe im just obsessed...
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #30
Level 3 - Talker

Bloody hell, that was alright wasn't it?

I got plenty of attention on the way there, folk kept asking me for directions to the Exhibition Centre when they saw my Tool shirt. Always a pleasure though.

The gig itself blew that overly toasty Carling Academy enounter out of the water, it was indeed special. I got pissed off at all the people chatting through Wings Part I, and I got hit in the head by a water bottle at one point too, but I couldn't detract from the show. Hopefully we'll see them again next summer as promised.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 06:57 PM   #31
Medium Pimpin'

Bincount™: 1282

OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 07:54 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Brilliant all round show.
Was a little worried about how the sound would be while listening to Mastadon. Couldn't make out a single note from the bass and everything else was seriously muddy. Thankfully such problems didn't affect Tool's sound. It wasn't 'perfect', but far better than most bands get at the big red shed. I think alot of it has to do with the fact that Justin uses a really crisp trebley sound, so it doesn't just become some throbbing mess.
Musicianship beyond compare in my opinion. Same for songwriting. And what an effort with the visual side of things. I mean, lasers which weren't cheesey but, in fact, stunning. And the three circular lighting bars/screens were among the most class things i've ever seen at a concert, or even a dedicated lighting display.
Swamp song was good to hear. Wings and 10Kdays came across really well (despite out of time clapping) and the altered sections of Schism and Stinkfist worked even better than at the Carling gig. Also, the te,perature was far more hospitable than at that gig!

Think that's enough.

Glad to have been there to share the night with you all.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 10:39 PM   #33
Level 2 - Poster

Band Dressing Room Setlist - Thank you Shelly!
STINKFIST
SWAMP SONG !!!
JAMBI
SCHISM
[KEYS] ROSETTA
POT
--set break--
WINGS
LATERALUS
VICARIOUS
ÆNEMA

Well what can I say ... except repeat Justin's words "Best show we've done so far this tour"!!!!!! Thank you boys. Brought my Mum, Dad to their first Tool show as well as my sister and her husband (Luls!-they were so happy to see the progression of venues and saw so much growth in the show from the Academy) they were blown away-Happy Birthday Dad!! Were able to see Justin and Adam after and they were the hostesses with the mostess ... Thanks again for making us feel so welcome. All six of us! It was great to see Adam mediating my dad's and Justin's conversation about Man U. and Chelsea (1-1 ... that settles it .. not). Wonderful to see you Camella. Hope you all had a blast at Little Britain Live. You deserve to be entertained as opposed to entertaining. Thanks again for a truly fantastic gig and see you again in Zurich. CHEERS.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-26-2006, 10:46 PM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_charming_ross View Post
i got on the train at linlithgow, noiced a lot of tool tshirts.

wish maynard had spoken a bit more ....

---For Maynard he said an ocean of words and to have him introduce the band and say Let's do it together Glasgow - reminiscent of the times the band started doing the alternate version of Pushit -- thought they were going to do something completely crazy - although, the set list was a bit different. This was the first gig (except for the outdoor summer festivals) we've seen him without the gas mask! Thank you for not smoking cigarettes!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 02:21 AM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

Glasgow gig blew the manchester one out the water for me, it just felt sounded so much better. I felt the band were more into it in glasgow too.
Didnt think they'd EVER drop 46&2, never saw that one coming, not that swamp song was a poor replacement!
Great stuff, hopefully we will get to see them next summer.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 02:52 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 03:18 AM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

great show... i was sitting with my wife right in front of the stage, sound was amazing, lights and mood just perfect! they sound even better live! and they played rosetta faster at one point that just left my jaw open... whole gig was amazing thx!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 07:27 AM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

Probably one of the most overwhelming audio-visual experiences I've witnessed, and the best gig I can remember. My previous best being The God Machine at King Tut's in the early 90s, that is now sadly fading in my mind.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightingMonkey View Post
Probably one of the most overwhelming audio-visual experiences I've witnessed, and the best gig I can remember.
What he said.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

I was also most annoyed at the people talking all the way through Wings for Marie. "Aww man, a pure want a lightsaber now" "Let's all mourn for his mother." Though I was told my tallness was annoying - had a girl climbing inbetween two of us at one point, so I guess I played my part in annoying people. My singing was probably annoying aswell judging by people seeming to suggest it's not appropriate in some video comments / forums :S.

I thought it was only me that was concerned about the Mastodon sound. I so needed "stinkfist"... Best gig ever (though only my second :X.) I do hope they're back in the summer... Also, to add to the "please don't smoke thing" did he not say "or I might have to come back in a (forget word here) bubble next time." or words to the same extent?

Schism fast was interesting.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: