opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 04. Bottom
User Name
Password
Old 01-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 189
Hanging on

This song stood out for the first time when i actually bothered to listen to Undertow again last week. I kept getting the sensation of something pushing the song back down, trying to stop it, and eventually succeeding at the end of the song when it turns to silence. All the guitar playing seem to represent the effort of the 'someone' trying to escape the bottom, which may be a metaphorical well.
but the silence pushes the 'someone' back down

Anyone get the same idea as me? Or am i still nuts lol
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: Hanging on

naw, i kinda get what you're saying. however, the way that i come at this song is a lot like how the parabola exists. at first we've identity (ego) seperate from everything ...but once you erase all of that bullshit, you're at "nothing now" - which is a great place to be. as i've been reciting from blair's red-speck blurb concerning lachrymology (toolband.com flash thinger: look closely), attaining NOTHING is also attaining EVERYTHING. within the movie "waking life", it is mentioned that the 'vast nothing' is 'empty with such fullness', etc etc. it is the only position in which 'shit' could only be added from all sides, all at once. basically, be open to everything. take it all in. shit is but a description/lie of all that cannot and absolutely should not be described. no wonder mjk doesn't allow anyone to talk within his house ...or hush video ...or the guy in the closet (without a lower jaw) within the sober video ..."shut up, you're saturating me".
Old 02-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
On Probation

Bincount™: 189
Re: Hanging on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Acherontia Styx View Post
shit adds up...
styx is at the bottom....

OMG i'm turning in a Mini STYX!!! AHHH lol
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread