opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 04. Bottom
User Name
Password
Old 12-03-2002, 01:13 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
henry rollins.

Up until lateralus was released i considered this my favorite tool song simply because i respect Henry Rollins so much and for him to collaborate with such talent as tool was like heaven for me. And it seems such an appropriate song for him to be in. Since his own music often represents the same feelings of guilt, shame, and just generall shit at the bottom.

just curious if any other rollins fans had thoughts on his presence on this song/album
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 12:46 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

My thoughts exactly
Old 12-12-2002, 03:55 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Re: henry rollins.

Quote:
Originally posted by fleshymonster
Up until lateralus was released i considered this my favorite tool song simply because i respect Henry Rollins so much and for him to collaborate with such talent as tool was like heaven for me. And it seems such an appropriate song for him to be in. Since his own music often represents the same feelings of guilt, shame, and just generall shit at the bottom.

just curious if any other rollins fans had thoughts on his presence on this song/album
The only thing that bothers me about the poem/lyrics he reads is that there's this build-up to an upcoming scream...and he lets Maynard have it. I (think) i would have liked to her Henry Rollins let out a loud scream rather than Maynard (even though it's a good one).
Old 12-14-2002, 08:14 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

i agree with fleshymonster.

i was always aware of henry rollins but i wasnt really aware of his vast world of shit he does. including books, black flag, and all the other stuff.

its hard to explain how amazing the combination of tool and henry rollins is to me. i have fallen into deep obsession with both. not sexual.

when i say obession i mean, i buy everything related to both tool and henry that have somthin to be learned from. books, cds, everything.

depression feels good, and is easy with henry.

i want to talk with him. i think we would get along.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:34 PM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 927

I personally like Henry Rollins, and I don't mind him being in the song. In fact, I like it.

I can't remember what thread it was...(I think it was Hooker with a Penis, where someone thought that song was about Henry Rollins)...a lot of people in that thread seemed to hate Henry Rollins.

(By the way, doesn't Rollins have his own record company or something like that. I heard he released his own albums and at least one of Ziggy Pop's...I don't know if this is true or not, just something I heard.)
Old 03-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

has this song ever been performed with henry live?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:58 AM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
has this song ever been performed with henry live?
I don't know if tool ever did it with Henry live but they did it with Zach de la Rocha

http://youtu.be/Es3NjTPtTMU

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: