opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 11-01-2015, 12:01 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
HALLOWEEN 2015 Reviews/Thoughts

No Quarter
The Grudge !!!
Parabol
Parabola
Opiate extended
Schism
Jambi
46 & 2
Danny drum solo
Vicarious
Stinkfist
Old 11-01-2015, 02:46 AM   #2

Bincount™: 0
Re: HALLOWEEN 2015 Reviews/Thoughts

So good!!! My 28th Tool show, just got back to the hotel.

The setlist was a welcome change, such an absolute TREAT to get No Quarter, The Grudge, Parabol, Parabola, and the extended Opiate.

Tool sounded amazing, as always.

Do have to say though, the crowd was maybe one of the worst I've had to deal with. Saw 2 fights, a person shit and piss all over themselves and their clothing, people that were saying how they flew out and paid just to disrupt the show....WTF is up with that?!

Aside from that, amazing times with amazing friends! Thank you Tool!

Also, if ANYONE has an extra Tempe poster I'll pay good money for it. I waited in line for hours only to find they only had 600 of them printed and that they didn't set any limit on what a person could buy, so it was told to me that someone bought a whole rack of them to resell on Ebay. If someone can help me out, I can definitely help them out with whatever price wanted and maybe a cool trade or something?! Shoot me an email: [email protected]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:57 AM   #3

Old 11-01-2015, 05:11 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Location: waiting for your mom to make me some goddamn breakfast
Bincount™: 2

Yeah. GREAT TOOL SHOW. Fuck that crowd man. I also got shafted on the poster. Saw a girl walking around with 3 of them in each hand. I had more than one douche try and fight me. Also yes I overheard a guy literally say "I am just pushing the crowd to push!" Whatever that means. He ended up in a screaming match not for away. I tried to focus on the positive. I really do want to rant abut how there were too many people there for the size and how they looked/smelled/acted but like I said, great show... had to watch the drum solo through trees but Danny sounded great.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

I had a great time last night. No Quarter was a cool opener and The Grudge was damn awesome. I was on the barricade in front of Adam and the crowd around me was pretty chill. I did happen to get poster #536 of 600. I also got Danny's drumhead that he threw into the crowd at the end. I still can't believe last night happened.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:49 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

still on a high from this show. was absolutely amazing. i didn't have any issues with the crowd. but after their set my friend looked at his leg and he was covered in what appeared to be shit.. he tried to lie to himself and say it wasn't shit but we all kind of knew it was.. i guess thats confirmed now. so amazing to hear no quarter and i guess a jam of a new song. wish i could relive that night again.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 12

SOOOOOO happy they performed "No Quarter"! It's my favorite song. And by that, I mean ever, by anyone--or at least my go-to favorite song. And considering they haven't played it since, what, 1998? I think they picked up on my telepathic vibes to play it for me :P Everything else was mostly great! They sounded amazing--a few hiccups aside. They really need to turn up Maynard's microphone, but that seems to be a usual complaint at any show. I had the same issue last time I saw them. From what I actually saw was really cool. Visuals and lighting were fantastic. The stage was nearly impossible to see where I was standing, though. The venue really doesn't accommodate very well for people unless they're over 5'10", and they definitely oversold and crammed WAY too many people in there.

Thankfully I didn't run into many people that were overly annoying, douchey, "insufferable", or used the bathroom on me. Security was really awful, though. My buddy accidentally left his pocketknife on him, and he had every intention to just toss it at check-in, but they didn't even make him empty his pockets. In fact, they didn't check anyone's pockets anywhere around me in line, except mine, and all I had were cigarettes. I heard at one point they even stopped checking bags. I'm really surprised nothing serious actually happened at this show.

Anyway, it was a very solid show overall! Great setlist. I figured they'd throw in one more encore song--"Lateralus" or "Wings"--but nope. Which was fine, because after being there for 10 hours I was ready to get out of the crowd. I've found some good quality videos of the show to satisfy what I wasn't able to see, so that's been a bonus treat to watch as well. I'm just extremely happy they played "No Quarter".
Old 11-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

What a weekend i just had. I also attend the VIP session at the marquee theater on Friday and it was definitely the best experience i've had with Tool. A lot of cool stuff was in the entrance and the rehearsal with the band was incredible. Adam was kinda emotional during the event and he mentioned how his brother helped the band for that legal issue they had. Somebody asked Adam and Justin if they had other musical projects besides Tool and Justin said that sometimes he plays in a band that does covers.

Adam said he has worked with some other guy who i don't remember his name but he made it clear that besides his wife and child, tool is his number one love and he is focused on having this new album out.

The Tool show:
IT was fantastic and a bit weird. The crowd was very wild and a guy that was in front of me fainted right before Tool took the stage. No Quarter was a killer! i did not see that coming. I thought Third Eye was the best opener for a concert but No Quarter is probably my new favorite opener song. The Grudge was amazing but it got ruined for me because some people were moshing in the middle of the song.

Parabol/Parabola: What can i say about this. i was blown away when i heard this at the VIP session and the day of the show. Prior to this weekend i was listening a lot to Lateralus and i was hoping to see these two songs on the setlist and it happened. Glad that they hear my thoughts ha!

Definitely this was one of my favorite performances from Tool.
Can't wait to see them again

Last edited by vooligan; 11-04-2015 at 12:40 PM..
Old 11-04-2015, 03:04 PM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Good to see someone posting a thread. Kabir has been asleep at the wheel for awhile now. Sux to hear so many D-bags floating around at the concerts these days. Also sad to hear that there was no limit on posters. It is the worst side of gauging. Take care brothers.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

i reckon they'll have only sold 3-400 posters tops at the event and some will turn up online in due course... anyone wanna hassle Blair? : )
Old 11-04-2015, 09:21 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Location: waiting for your mom to make me some goddamn breakfast
Bincount™: 2

I am not surprised that people are getting refunds. I really wanted a poster for either band but NOPE. At least I was there!!! Amazing drum sounds and setlist made up for it.

Honestly I saw maybe a third of the show and heard half of it decently (minus the vocals which were muffled as fuck for both bands). You couldn't find a place that sounded decent unless you were ready to do battle with thousands of methheads smoking 100s. Oh wait that happened regardless of where I was!

edit: the youtube vids filled in the gaps I missed, thanks for that random tapers. I missed all of MJKs jokes! It is sad I wanted to come home from vacation to see the concert via bootleg because I knew it would be better. Lucky Man Concerts fuck off.

Last edited by zombie; 11-04-2015 at 09:23 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: