opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: in the quaalude induced semi-lucid dreams of the mexican staring frog of sri lanka
Bincount™: 80
Re: 06.19.2010 - New Orleans, LA @ UNO Arena

let me look at hotels and such and i may can get the hook up
Old 05-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: in the quaalude induced semi-lucid dreams of the mexican staring frog of sri lanka

ok i just looked at mapquest and seen where this arena is. Its only like 15 min from the french quarter, so like a $20-$30 cab ride, not too bad, but we should definitely group up and go together so to cut down on cost.

hotels: Some good ones are Hotel Chateau Dupree on Decateur ($62), Royal St. Charles on st charles ($99), ambassador on tchopitoulas($90). those are usually under a bill a room and are nice places to stay, not that you gone be there much. think ima get the chateau dupree. you really shouldn't spend too much on the rooms.

yea man, yall get up with me before the show cuz ima likely be there solo. even tho im not on this website much i been around a while and i dont kill TOO many people so... its all good
Old 05-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #43
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Does anyone know why they are playing the UNO Lakefront Arena and not the New Orleans Arena?

I'm from the NO area and am sad to say that I have never seen a show at the Lakefront arena but have heard that the acoustics are terrible in there.... I caught Tool at the NO Arena in 07' and that was the best show of the 3 that I have seen them.

For you out of towners, the NO Arena would have been much more convenient since it is about 1 mile outside of the quarter.

Nonetheless, I will be there! Picked up my Houston tickets today and will grab some NO tix this Saturday. I cannot wait!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #44
Level 7 - Loquacious

I don't know why they went with it either, as the NO Arena is pretty superior.

The Circus is coming to the NO Arena a few days after the 19, perhaps they require more prep time?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #45

Yeah, then that would prob be the reason why....

As a native Louisianian, I feel bad for the out of towners though. They def will not get the full experience like they would if it would have been at the Arena.

Hell, I don't even want to go to the Lakefront arena. You have to go through some shady areas to get there but at least I know that it is shitty. Just hope they realize that it is def not representative of Downtown/French Quarter.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Any advice on the "least shady" yet efficient way to get to the arena?

ETA: For someone staying downtown, I mean.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #47

Depends on which way you are coming from and I should prob clarify my statement. If you stay on the main roads you will be fine, the issue is if you get lost, you are in very sketchy parts. Its very easy to end up under the High Rise bridge if you come out of that area that wrong way.

For me, I will be coming via I10 over Lake Ponchatrain.... I will get off at Reed or Crowder and take that North to Hayne and then Hayne/South Harbor/Leon Simon West which will run right into the Arena. (Kind of hard to explain, but you are basically just riding the lakefront and passing the lakefront airport until you get to the arena)

If I was coming from Downtown, I'd prob take Elysian Fields North until I hit Leon Simon and then head East and the Arena would be right there

Again, if you stay on the major thoroughfares you will be fine. Im just not a big fan of that area. I used to drive it 3 times a week while in school.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

or we could all meet up in the french qrtr and share a cab ride up there
Old 05-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #49
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

I'm planning on staying in the FQ (DoubleTree), and getting a cab to UNO. Safe?

EDIT: Or what ^he^ said

Last edited by jwb; 05-11-2010 at 10:34 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #50

Yeah, you will be perfectly fine. Like I said, my feelings are more geared to the out of towners who may drive themselves to the show. The lake front itself is a decent area, its the in between that is sketchy. Not the kind of place someone unfamiliar with the area wants to get lost in. Thats all I am sayin.

I just wish it was at the NO Arena downtown. Would have been easy for yall to get smashed on Bourbon and then have a 2 min cab ride over to the Dome.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #51
Level 3 - Talker

So, here's a story for you. I'm from South Jersey, and I'm getting married on June 12th in Atlantic City. This has been planned for a long time now. We are going to New Orleans on our honeymoon from the 14th-23rd...been down before and we both love it. I'm on ticketmaster looking for shows in the area today and I see TOOL listed first...you have to be kidding me!! This will be my 6th TOOL show and my soon-to-be wife's 4th...our 4th together!! Now I just have to make sure I get two tickets on Saturday morning...this is just too much!!

We are staying in a hotel in the French Quarter...cab ride there, or rent a car...any suggestions???
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swens6 View Post
Yeah, you will be perfectly fine. Like I said, my feelings are more geared to the out of towners who may drive themselves to the show. The lake front itself is a decent area, its the in between that is sketchy. Not the kind of place someone unfamiliar with the area wants to get lost in. Thats all I am sayin.

I just wish it was at the NO Arena downtown. Would have been easy for yall to get smashed on Bourbon and then have a 2 min cab ride over to the Dome.
did you go to the 11/17/07 show at the NO arene? that was a sick show. first time seeing flood for me. The show in baton rouge earlier that summer was friggin amazing, got Pushit there.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzanes View Post
So, here's a story for you. I'm from South Jersey, and I'm getting married on June 12th in Atlantic City. This has been planned for a long time now. We are going to New Orleans on our honeymoon from the 14th-23rd...been down before and we both love it. I'm on ticketmaster looking for shows in the area today and I see TOOL listed first...you have to be kidding me!! This will be my 6th TOOL show and my soon-to-be wife's 4th...our 4th together!! Now I just have to make sure I get two tickets on Saturday morning...this is just too much!!

We are staying in a hotel in the French Quarter...cab ride there, or rent a car...any suggestions???
CAB, no question. once in the french quarter you can pretty much walk wherever you want down there. You will not want to drive back after the show if you rent a car most likely.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #54
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Awesome. Congrats.
I have a story to add for you. My wife and I were married in July of 2001. at the time we were living in Boulder, CO , but had the wedding in Las Vegas. We returned to Denver and went str8 from the airport to Red Rocks for a Tool show, on our way back to Boulder
* 8/18/1998-Thomas & Mack Center | UNLV , Las Vegas,NV.
* 8/3/2001-Red Rocks Amphitheater | Morrison, CO.
* 10/11/2002-Coors Events Center | University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
* 5/5/2006-The(original)Joint | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 9/1/2006-Theater Under the Stars | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/27/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/28/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 7/16/2010-Planet Hollywood Theater | Las Vegas, NV.
* 1/15/2012-Mandalay Bay | Las Vegas, NV.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #55
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJudge View Post
Awesome. Congrats.
I have a story to add for you. My wife and I were married in July of 2001. at the time we were living in Boulder, CO , but had the wedding in Las Vegas. We returned to Denver and went str8 from the airport to Red Rocks for a Tool show, on our way back to Boulder
That's sweet man...crazy how things work out sometimes. Would love to see anyone at Red Rocks!! I've never been out that way.

We saw them in Atlantic City a few years back and have hoping that they hit Boardwalk Hall again at some point. Heard that Maynard did not like some aspects of the venue though. Can't wait for this one though..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude420 View Post
did you go to the 11/17/07 show at the NO arene? that was a sick show. first time seeing flood for me. The show in baton rouge earlier that summer was friggin amazing, got Pushit there.

I was at both of those shows.... To me, besides Pushit, BR was a let down. That was right after Danny had torn his bicep and Maynard was sick.

The NO show 5 months later was absolutely amazing!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #57
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I was at both of those shows.... To me, besides Pushit, BR was a let down. That was right after Danny had torn his bicep and Maynard was sick.

The NO show 5 months later was absolutely amazing!
my first tool show was 5/25/07 in south haven mississippi RIGHT after danny came back. actually it may have been the first one back because it had to be rescheduled. saw right in two and got a aenema encore. the whole place sat down and was civil during wings/10k daze. pretty cool atmosphere. BR, i drove to without a ticket, in the rain, and managed to score a tick at a good price, but Pushit made the trip worth it big time
Old 05-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #58

I had to wait nearly 2 years to see them again after the NO show in 07'

I drove to San Antonio to catch them and had the hookup on tickets two days later in Atlanta but I just couldn't find it in myself to jump in the car and drive 14hrs the opposite direction. I thought I would have to wait another 2-3 years to see them.... I didn't think they would go back out unless they were supporting a new album, which I thought would be 2011.

I am ecstatic to get to see them twice next month and possibly a third if I decide to hit the Dallas show too.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #59
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
That's sweet man...crazy how things work out sometimes. Would love to see anyone at Red Rocks!! I've never been out that way.

We saw them in Atlantic City a few years back and have hoping that they hit Boardwalk Hall again at some point. Heard that Maynard did not like some aspects of the venue though. Can't wait for this one though..
Red Rocks is definitely a special place to see a show, especially Tool. Was fortunate to see them twice there when I lived up there, also saw many other shows including Soundgarden
* 8/18/1998-Thomas & Mack Center | UNLV , Las Vegas,NV.
* 8/3/2001-Red Rocks Amphitheater | Morrison, CO.
* 10/11/2002-Coors Events Center | University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
* 5/5/2006-The(original)Joint | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 9/1/2006-Theater Under the Stars | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/27/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/28/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 7/16/2010-Planet Hollywood Theater | Las Vegas, NV.
* 1/15/2012-Mandalay Bay | Las Vegas, NV.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

how many of yall intend on getting GA tix for nawlins? Im thinking i want a balcony seat this time around
Old 05-13-2010, 04:58 AM   #61
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
how many of yall intend on getting GA tix for nawlins? Im thinking i want a balcony seat this time around
I've never been to this venue before. From some of the pics on the website, it looks like a higher seat wouldn't be too bad. Are they selling all the seats in the place?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #62

Quote:

Are there GA tickets? From looking at the seating chart it looks like the floor is sectioned off with seats?

If it is, then I will try to floor seats but if its GA, I will prob just pick up some lower level seats. I much rather seats to where I can have a little elbow room and enjoy the show, but thats just my opinion.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #63
Level 7 - Loquacious

im not sure if there are seats or no, i was just assuming. have to check that out. i like being a little farther back and higher up so i can see the whole spectacle around me, but when not on the floor sometimes the security is draconian.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:16 AM   #64

Yeah, from the seating chart that I looked at for the Lakefront arena it showed 6 sections on the floor, if I remember right. There was one long section across the whole front of the stage which may be GA but there were def seating sections too. Guess we will find out Saturday at 10am
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #65
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Yeah, from the seating chart that I looked at for the Lakefront arena it showed 6 sections on the floor, if I remember right. There was one long section across the whole front of the stage which may be GA but there were def seating sections too. Guess we will find out Saturday at 10am
10:00am for you...11:00am for me...damn time zones!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #66
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553

I called Lakefront arena because I'm resourceful like that. Floor is ALL assigned seating. lame.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #67
Level 7 - Loquacious

yea that is lame kinda, but i will probably consider getting a floor seat. what are yall's thoughts?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #68

Ima try for a floor seat since it is assigned. Will be nice to get the floor view without the clusterfuck of a crowd.

Like I said, I like to have some elbow room to enjoy a show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-13-2010, 03:48 PM   #69
Level 7 - Loquacious

we need to organize a meet up pre show. especially if there is no GA, no need to be there hella early except to scour the parking lot for some party favors and women maybe.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #70

So what songs do you hope they play? Realistically, I think we will get the exact same set list we got in 07' and 10'..... They have to play "Flood" in New Orleans. They did in 07' so I would imagine they will again.

Some that I would like to see but I'm def not holding my breath would be: Eulogy, Push it, Ticks and Leeches, The Grudge, Parobola.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #71
Level 7 - Loquacious

we could hear pushit, eulogy, parabola, maybe grudge, not gone get T&L ever, but thats ok. prolly get flood. i hope i never hear vicarious again ever. i want undertow...longshot, never heard sober. i doubt we will get the exact same setlist, but will we get pretty much the same, yes. and by that i mean stinkfist, schism, lateralus, 46&2.

But ima keep the faith and im down to see whatever they play, i wont be sad i guarantee that already
Old 05-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #72
Level 2 - Poster

So, I just found out about the show, and I live in New Orleans.

My first Tool show was in the UNO arena around 10 years ago.

For that show, all tickets were assigned, and they handed out wristbands at the door that allowed floor access, until they ran out. And there were no seats on the floor.

It's a smoke-free venue. They wouldn't even let you bring cigarettes in the building. Everyone had to go through a metal detector, but people were smoking pot on the floor. That's the only time I went though. I know it was damaged by Katrina, and repaired, so I'm sure some things have changed.

Anyway. I'm coming with 3 friends from out of state. I'm down for a meetup, even though this is my first post here :D

Last edited by AlterEgo; 05-14-2010 at 04:29 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #73
Level 7 - Loquacious

sure man, ill give ya my phone number and we can get up before the show
Old 05-15-2010, 03:28 AM   #74
Level 7 - Loquacious

not lookin too good for me this morning. im out here at work offshore, hasnt rained in 2 weeks and now its storming, effectively knocking out our already shitty satellite internet or at least making it hella unstable. So whats prolly gone happen is another line will come through just as the tix go on sale and i will not be able to properly connect and miss my tickets.

fuckin wow.....
Old 05-15-2010, 04:11 AM   #75

Was just thinking the same thing. Hasn't stormed in Houston in 2 weeks but it stormed last night and theres a severe line coming through in the next 2-3 hours. God I hope we don't lose power. If so, you can bet your ass I will be on my phone with Ticketmaster.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-15-2010, 04:15 AM   #76
Level 7 - Loquacious

see our phones and internet are one in the same so if one is gone, both are caput
Old 05-15-2010, 05:02 AM   #77
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
see our phones and internet are one in the same so if one is gone, both are caput
If you don't reply to my PM before tickets go on sale, I'll grab an extra ticket or two.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-15-2010, 05:29 AM   #78
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

good luck everyone
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-15-2010, 06:15 AM   #79
Level 7 - Loquacious

to jwb:

man if you dont hear from me by 9:50 go ahead and grab me one please. i may ask you to grab me one anyway so we can have seats by each other. but i will let you know for sure as long as the weather holds up.

But i repeat, IF YOU DONT HEAR FROM ME AGAIN BY 9:50 GRAB ME ONE WHEN YOU GET YOURS
Old 05-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #80
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
good luck everyone
I second that.

Just a reminder to everyone, be sure you've got your ticketmaster account set up beforehand and you're logged in. Could save you from losing good seats.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: