Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings For Marie 1 & 2
Lateralus
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-04-2007 at 07:55 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/06/04 - Duluth, GA - Gwinnette Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings For Marie 1 & 2
Lateralus
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-04-2007 at 07:55 PM..
OFFLINE |  
feenix
06-04-2007, 07:47 PM

This show was unlike the first time I saw Tool 10.5 years ago at Grady Cole in Charlotte. (12/6/96) The Gwinnett Arena is at least 10x bigger, and the floor where we sat was reserved seating. (though there wasn't much difference in the amount of space between people in the tiny seating spaces) They played from approx 9:20-11:15. The lighting was absolutely spectacular, with lasers-all different colors radiating from two points behind the stage, two in front (above and below), and one in the sound booth that was slightly more than halfway back on the floor.(starting during "Wings For Marie" and continuing until the end of the show) The rear-projection screens behind each of the band members, and suspended either side of the satge reflected scenes of their videos, various new and old works of Alex Grey, and other mind tingling effects. Highlights included "Stinkfist", "46 & 2", "Pushit" and "Lateralus".

The setlist as follows:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
(Lighter Break)
Wings For Marie 1 & 2
Later-
drums w/Mastadonian
-alus
Vicarious

Can't wait to see what they add for Bonnaroo.
-feenix

Last edited by feenix; 06-04-2007 at 07:51 PM..
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/04 - Duluth, GA - Gwinnette Center

This show was unlike the first time I saw Tool 10.5 years ago at Grady Cole in Charlotte. (12/6/96) The Gwinnett Arena is at least 10x bigger, and the floor where we sat was reserved seating. (though there wasn't much difference in the amount of space between people in the tiny seating spaces) They played from approx 9:20-11:15. The lighting was absolutely spectacular, with lasers-all different colors radiating from two points behind the stage, two in front (above and below), and one in the sound booth that was slightly more than halfway back on the floor.(starting during "Wings For Marie" and continuing until the end of the show) The rear-projection screens behind each of the band members, and suspended either side of the satge reflected scenes of their videos, various new and old works of Alex Grey, and other mind tingling effects. Highlights included "Stinkfist", "46 & 2", "Pushit" and "Lateralus".

The setlist as follows:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
(Lighter Break)
Wings For Marie 1 & 2
Later-
drums w/Mastadonian
-alus
Vicarious

Can't wait to see what they add for Bonnaroo.
-feenix

Last edited by feenix; 06-04-2007 at 07:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
bozziodrummer000's Avatar bozziodrummer000
06-04-2007, 08:39 PM

The light show was spectacular! Maynard's voice was flawless throughout the show and Pushit made my fucking year.
And I become the Night Man...
Old 06-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
Fighter of the Night Man

Bincount™: 8520

The light show was spectacular! Maynard's voice was flawless throughout the show and Pushit made my fucking year.
And I become the Night Man...
OFFLINE |  
vicarious eye
06-04-2007, 08:49 PM

The show tonite was incredible. Amazing laser show during wings for marie part 1 and 2. I was so excited when they played pushit because I was not sure there were going too since they had been playing it of and on. Dissapointed they didnt come out with aenema for an encore. Also, contrary to what people have been saying about schism I thought it sounded very good live. Oh and another thing,Melt Bannana was the worst crap I have ever heard in my life. It was all just random screaming and slamming on their instruments. All in all though the show was amazing.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

The show tonite was incredible. Amazing laser show during wings for marie part 1 and 2. I was so excited when they played pushit because I was not sure there were going too since they had been playing it of and on. Dissapointed they didnt come out with aenema for an encore. Also, contrary to what people have been saying about schism I thought it sounded very good live. Oh and another thing,Melt Bannana was the worst crap I have ever heard in my life. It was all just random screaming and slamming on their instruments. All in all though the show was amazing.
OFFLINE |  
Timshel
06-04-2007, 09:17 PM

I sincerely feel sorry for those of you who are not enjoying your show experiences this year. I realize the band's level of enthusiasm is apparently fluctuating between whatever venue they're performing at, but each of the three concerts I've had the pleasure of attending in the last 45 days were phenomenal.

Tonight was a 10/10. Seriously.

Everything down to driving to and from the venue was flawless. Got in an out of the parking lot in less than 5 minutes each time, arriving and exiting.

Melt Banana, while I'm sure earn some degree of notoriety among their genre, sucked a great donkey dong in my opinion.

From the moment TOOL walked on stage, the night was perfect, though.

Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schims (Extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit

-Intermission-
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended w/ Mastodon's Brann Dailor)
Vicarious

I was positioned to Justin's 10 O'clock about 15 rows back. I was blown away by the sound quality from this position. Prior to the show, I thought I'd be skewed and the sound would sound bass heavy, or Maynard would be lost in the EQ. I couldn't have been more wrong. From my vantage point, the sound was perfect. I understood the vocals better than in Las Vegas and everything sounded tight. Additionally, I was facing Adam and Maynard 90% of the time they weren't looking out toward the pit. It was an, albeit a little awkward, truly privileged opportunity to watch Justin work his octopus pedal board and gain a more accurate understanding of how he manipulates his Wal to sound unlike most other bassists playing. Additionally, I could see a large majority of Adam's effects. I never would've thought of it before the show, but this was one of my favorite angles in any venue. Section 108 Seat M4

Again, those of you getting bad shows, I feel bad for. Maynard was very enthusiastic throughout the night. He spoke relatively little but did he odd, intricate dancing through several songs. He opened the evening with "Hello Gawga," mimicking a pseudo Ray Charlesesque Southern dialect. I was amused, and he was met with applause.

I still feel Jambi is a wonderful opener. Really sets the mood for me, and whatever technical difficulties Adam was having with the Heil box in Nevada seem to have been resolved.

Ions, although brief, was an appreciated addition I did not get in Vegas.

Receiving all THREE extended versions of live songs this show was a treat (Stinkfist, Schism, Lateralus)! Never heard the ex. SF and appreciated it greatly.

46&2, Schism, Lost Keys, and Rosetta Stoned were more or less the same as The Pearl's, but boy do I love that soft, slow tempo introduction to Schism.

And then, naturally, came the event worth the price of admission: Pushit. I know it's been played a handful of times this tour, but I still couldn't believe we got it. A wonderful experience and something I thought I'd never receive, as I discovered TOOL in 2004 and assumed, based on prior set list this tour, that Pushit was retired. Simply awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
So, do we want to perform a collective "rain dance" for Pushit? Or maybe even The Pot? I'll be boogyin' until show time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked&Fearless View Post
I'll be Rain Dancing with ya! Give us Push It!!!! SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!!!!
And that freaking worked after all!

Wings/10,000 Days was terrific. Blasphemous as it may be, I generally skip this song on the CD, as I find it a tad boring. It was AMAZING tonight. The lasers and visuals have changed slightly since Vegas, with the addition of some pink lasers and other colors. However, what was most meaningful, to me, was the crowd's reaction. I saw very few people moshing, couples were hugging and holding each other. It seemed very respectful and appropriate.

Lateralus is still the culminating performance of the night, despite the addition of Pushit. A breath taking performance live, and the number of blended polyrythyms in that song are unreal.

Vicarious ends the night with good energy.

So, no laser pointers, no thrown objects, an appearingly animated and enthusiastic band, accurate playing, and no technical problems result in the best concert of my life.

To those complaining about set list, I honestly and objectively cannot understand. You've heard these songs all before? Okay... How can you not still be blown away!? They're played with such energy (when I've seen them). Maybe I've been more fortunate with the performances I've attended.

P.S. There were more Maynardisms, with what I believed was a "Thank you," to the crowd, but I could not catch them.

Cheers to all! Hope your subsequent shows are equally as impressive.

Last edited by Timshel; 06-04-2007 at 09:20 PM..
Old 06-04-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

I sincerely feel sorry for those of you who are not enjoying your show experiences this year. I realize the band's level of enthusiasm is apparently fluctuating between whatever venue they're performing at, but each of the three concerts I've had the pleasure of attending in the last 45 days were phenomenal.

Tonight was a 10/10. Seriously.

Everything down to driving to and from the venue was flawless. Got in an out of the parking lot in less than 5 minutes each time, arriving and exiting.

Melt Banana, while I'm sure earn some degree of notoriety among their genre, sucked a great donkey dong in my opinion.

From the moment TOOL walked on stage, the night was perfect, though.

Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist (Extended)
46 & 2
Schims (Extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit

-Intermission-
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended w/ Mastodon's Brann Dailor)
Vicarious

I was positioned to Justin's 10 O'clock about 15 rows back. I was blown away by the sound quality from this position. Prior to the show, I thought I'd be skewed and the sound would sound bass heavy, or Maynard would be lost in the EQ. I couldn't have been more wrong. From my vantage point, the sound was perfect. I understood the vocals better than in Las Vegas and everything sounded tight. Additionally, I was facing Adam and Maynard 90% of the time they weren't looking out toward the pit. It was an, albeit a little awkward, truly privileged opportunity to watch Justin work his octopus pedal board and gain a more accurate understanding of how he manipulates his Wal to sound unlike most other bassists playing. Additionally, I could see a large majority of Adam's effects. I never would've thought of it before the show, but this was one of my favorite angles in any venue. Section 108 Seat M4

Again, those of you getting bad shows, I feel bad for. Maynard was very enthusiastic throughout the night. He spoke relatively little but did he odd, intricate dancing through several songs. He opened the evening with "Hello Gawga," mimicking a pseudo Ray Charlesesque Southern dialect. I was amused, and he was met with applause.

I still feel Jambi is a wonderful opener. Really sets the mood for me, and whatever technical difficulties Adam was having with the Heil box in Nevada seem to have been resolved.

Ions, although brief, was an appreciated addition I did not get in Vegas.

Receiving all THREE extended versions of live songs this show was a treat (Stinkfist, Schism, Lateralus)! Never heard the ex. SF and appreciated it greatly.

46&2, Schism, Lost Keys, and Rosetta Stoned were more or less the same as The Pearl's, but boy do I love that soft, slow tempo introduction to Schism.

And then, naturally, came the event worth the price of admission: Pushit. I know it's been played a handful of times this tour, but I still couldn't believe we got it. A wonderful experience and something I thought I'd never receive, as I discovered TOOL in 2004 and assumed, based on prior set list this tour, that Pushit was retired. Simply awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
So, do we want to perform a collective "rain dance" for Pushit? Or maybe even The Pot? I'll be boogyin' until show time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked&Fearless View Post
I'll be Rain Dancing with ya! Give us Push It!!!! SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!!!!
And that freaking worked after all!

Wings/10,000 Days was terrific. Blasphemous as it may be, I generally skip this song on the CD, as I find it a tad boring. It was AMAZING tonight. The lasers and visuals have changed slightly since Vegas, with the addition of some pink lasers and other colors. However, what was most meaningful, to me, was the crowd's reaction. I saw very few people moshing, couples were hugging and holding each other. It seemed very respectful and appropriate.

Lateralus is still the culminating performance of the night, despite the addition of Pushit. A breath taking performance live, and the number of blended polyrythyms in that song are unreal.

Vicarious ends the night with good energy.

So, no laser pointers, no thrown objects, an appearingly animated and enthusiastic band, accurate playing, and no technical problems result in the best concert of my life.

To those complaining about set list, I honestly and objectively cannot understand. You've heard these songs all before? Okay... How can you not still be blown away!? They're played with such energy (when I've seen them). Maybe I've been more fortunate with the performances I've attended.

P.S. There were more Maynardisms, with what I believed was a "Thank you," to the crowd, but I could not catch them.

Cheers to all! Hope your subsequent shows are equally as impressive.

Last edited by Timshel; 06-04-2007 at 09:20 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Olee523's Avatar Olee523
06-04-2007, 09:21 PM

I am still in awe. I am fortunate enough to have two teenage sons who have come to love Tool over the years and tonight I was able to share the live experience with them. They talked about it all the way home and have thanked me repeatedly. Thier words, "It was awesome Dad!" I haven't seen the band in 5 years and it brought back all of the emotions that the past shows instilled. What can I say, the show was incredible. The opening Jambi was exciting in itself just due to the anticipation alone. The drum solo during Lateralus with Danny and Brann Dailor of Mastodon was very cool. The crowd was very pleased to hear Push-it. Hearing Wings for Marie prts 1 and 2 was very emotional, I think the fans felt it as well. Closing with Vicarious was unexpected but they can make any of thier songs a closer and Vicarious fit well. Justin, those base lines are awesome. Adam, you make it look so damn easy and sound so good all the while showing no expression. Danny, you are the percussion God! Felt so good to feel the kicks penetrating my chest. Maynard, you seem to have so many things to say and create, we are all so fortunate in the medium that you have chosen to do so. Thank you guys for giving us something to remember and inspire us.

Last edited by Olee523; 06-04-2007 at 09:27 PM..
Old 06-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

I am still in awe. I am fortunate enough to have two teenage sons who have come to love Tool over the years and tonight I was able to share the live experience with them. They talked about it all the way home and have thanked me repeatedly. Thier words, "It was awesome Dad!" I haven't seen the band in 5 years and it brought back all of the emotions that the past shows instilled. What can I say, the show was incredible. The opening Jambi was exciting in itself just due to the anticipation alone. The drum solo during Lateralus with Danny and Brann Dailor of Mastodon was very cool. The crowd was very pleased to hear Push-it. Hearing Wings for Marie prts 1 and 2 was very emotional, I think the fans felt it as well. Closing with Vicarious was unexpected but they can make any of thier songs a closer and Vicarious fit well. Justin, those base lines are awesome. Adam, you make it look so damn easy and sound so good all the while showing no expression. Danny, you are the percussion God! Felt so good to feel the kicks penetrating my chest. Maynard, you seem to have so many things to say and create, we are all so fortunate in the medium that you have chosen to do so. Thank you guys for giving us something to remember and inspire us.

Last edited by Olee523; 06-04-2007 at 09:27 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Naked&Fearless
06-04-2007, 09:31 PM

I came into the showing hoping for something special. I left realizing that TooL is what is special. With the exception of the Incredible Push It, we got the "usual" set list.

Through Rosetta Stoned I thought the concert was great. Not quite what I was hoping. Mind you I have been looking forward to this concert for over 4 years now. It was a great Rock show and even better because I love TooL.

Then the band, the show, the music, kicked it up a notch and gave me what I was hoping for and more.

Push It was amazing. Words really cant explain the tone and emotion.

Then Wings. Wings was also exceptional. A beautifully intense homage to Maynard's mom done in a tasteful powerful presentation. The build was enhanced by chilling clouds, detailed lasers, and just great music.

Then, the subtile tasteful, artistic nature truely shows itself: "I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way, Your way home ..." The back screen drops and it shows the Collective, Combined, Minds / Heads (album art). I believe this was sort of a slap done in an extremely tasteful manner.

Lateralus was beautifully Intense. TooL's masterpiece and what represents TooL (opinion). Inspirational, powerful, beautiful, intense (just dont have enough time).

The Vicarious. WHY? I just dont get why they would end with Vicarious. After Lateralus, hearing Vicarious made me wanted to stand on my chair and Scream..."NOT ME!". I have always thought L ateralus is best note to leave on and have always been boggled at why this isnt The closer, but like I said, in my opinion Lateralus Represents TooL.

All-in-all, amazing! Get this: During Push It, Wings, and Lateralus I was "blowing-up" with no ecstacy. Seriously!!!

Thanks TooL. Hope it's not another 4 years between meetings. Always worth it though.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

I came into the showing hoping for something special. I left realizing that TooL is what is special. With the exception of the Incredible Push It, we got the "usual" set list.

Through Rosetta Stoned I thought the concert was great. Not quite what I was hoping. Mind you I have been looking forward to this concert for over 4 years now. It was a great Rock show and even better because I love TooL.

Then the band, the show, the music, kicked it up a notch and gave me what I was hoping for and more.

Push It was amazing. Words really cant explain the tone and emotion.

Then Wings. Wings was also exceptional. A beautifully intense homage to Maynard's mom done in a tasteful powerful presentation. The build was enhanced by chilling clouds, detailed lasers, and just great music.

Then, the subtile tasteful, artistic nature truely shows itself: "I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way, Your way home ..." The back screen drops and it shows the Collective, Combined, Minds / Heads (album art). I believe this was sort of a slap done in an extremely tasteful manner.

Lateralus was beautifully Intense. TooL's masterpiece and what represents TooL (opinion). Inspirational, powerful, beautiful, intense (just dont have enough time).

The Vicarious. WHY? I just dont get why they would end with Vicarious. After Lateralus, hearing Vicarious made me wanted to stand on my chair and Scream..."NOT ME!". I have always thought L ateralus is best note to leave on and have always been boggled at why this isnt The closer, but like I said, in my opinion Lateralus Represents TooL.

All-in-all, amazing! Get this: During Push It, Wings, and Lateralus I was "blowing-up" with no ecstacy. Seriously!!!

Thanks TooL. Hope it's not another 4 years between meetings. Always worth it though.
OFFLINE |  
usefulidiot
06-04-2007, 10:43 PM

Great show tonight. Like some above have stated, the show went off without a single hitch and the performances were dead on.

There are plenty of songs I wish they'd played, but this setlist made for a great show. Went with two other people who'd never seen them before live and they were blown away. It was a great experience. The crowd was awesome, no dipshits to be seen, and damn I just can't say enough about how great the total environment was. Easily the best Tool show I've ever seen.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Great show tonight. Like some above have stated, the show went off without a single hitch and the performances were dead on.

There are plenty of songs I wish they'd played, but this setlist made for a great show. Went with two other people who'd never seen them before live and they were blown away. It was a great experience. The crowd was awesome, no dipshits to be seen, and damn I just can't say enough about how great the total environment was. Easily the best Tool show I've ever seen.
06-05-2007, 01:10 AM

Its so hard to write a review after other people already have. Its hard to keep from sounding the same, its hard to hold in your Tool fan-boyishness, and its hard to really explain yourself in a way that really expresses the emotions that you felt during the performance. I'm going to go from the start of my trip to the end of my trip, and hopefully by the end of the review you guys can tell ME how the show was.

This was my first Tool show ever... I've been a fan since 2000, but never seen them live. So it should be apparent that I was totally excited going into it.

7:30 PM - I arrive at the arena. My girlfriend and I sit down in, but unfortunately we didnt get seats next to each other, so we have to part ways quickly.

7:58 PM - I'm sitting in my seat in a relatively empty arena, when all of a sudden I hear the sound of feedback through a heavy flanger effect. Out comes Melt Banana, a Japanese Punk/Metal band... well the vocalist looked.. odd from where I was sitting (about 7:00 from the stage, about 50 feet back).. I remember thinking to myself.. "That person looks like a banana in that hoodie!" So anyway, the flanger effect goes into the most horrible sounding mess I've ever heard. The vocalist removes the hoodie to reveal that... its a FEMALE! So, there are 2 females in the band, the vocalist, and the bassist. All four of them were idiots. The band sounded like... hmm... Think Rage Against the Machine-style vocals in the female register backed by a 1970's underground punk band. The guitar was out of tune half of the show (which thankfully only lasted 30 minutes), and most of the time, the guitar wasn't even distinguishable because he was using very weird, "Gradius-like" sounds... There was no melody, no order, nothing even remotely appealing about it. Think about if Meshuggah took everything redeemable out of their music. I found it quite humorous, and I'm actually chuckling at it now, that the group to the right of me, a bunch of goth-like, mulitple piercing-esque, macho kid wannabes ALL were covering their ears with their hands. I probably laughed at that louder than the audience was booing. Yes, booing. I felt bad for the band, but then again... I thought... Maybe if they didn't suck so much..... The last 5 minutes was particularly awful, when they decided just to literally bang on their instruments as fast and as loud as they could. No coherent pitches, no tonal center, just mindless thrashing, with the drummer playing some insanely fast drumrolls. When that mess ended, the front part of the crowd cheered a bit, while the back half booed... I just sat there, in awe. I finally gathered the energy to stand up and find my girlfriend, who looked like she had just seen a ghost when I found her. We laughed about Banana-rama, etc. for a few minutes, and then took a walk out into the lobby.

9:00 PM- I am in my seat, waiting. The arena is beginning to fill up, slowly but surely. The guy who was seated to my left walks in, and we introduce ourselves, sit down, and have some random Tool chit-chat. We both watch the guys in front of us take a few acid hits at around 9:20... and just as we get to talking about whether or not Tool will play Pushit, the lights go out. The boys make their way on stage, Maynard wearing a Cowboy hat, an orange vest, and jeans.

Jambi begins. It seems like they took it a little slower than on CD, as they did with a few songs, but no matter. The band was fucking spot on. Adam has the tech (dressed in a scientist jacket) do a few things to his pedal before the wah solo, which was absolutely beautiful. The song climaxes, and from there, I know that I am in for a treat. Maynard sounds amazing, and the band is totally tight. The song ends, and Maynard steps up to the mic: "HELLLLLOOOOO JEAWWWJUH!" Everyone laughs and cheers, and the ions graphics come onto the screen.

Stinkfist was great. Thanks to the previous dates' reviews, I knew that the band would extend the middle section, which they did... so I simply laughed at everyone who sang "I'll... KEEP.. DIGGING"... I think Maynard tried to make that happen though, because as it got to that part, he kind of leaned towards the crowd as if he was listening. Anyway, the song was fantastic, and Maynard was very lively, swaying in his pseudo-Roswell fashion he is known for.

46 and 2 was also dead on. Danny's drum solo is so fucking amazing live. I mean, I knew it would be perfect, but its just so powerful in context with the song, and seeing it live only exemplifies that.

Schism came next, and it was also pretty perfect. I think they went out of sync with each other for a measure towards the middle, like maybe Adam got ahead by a measure, but it was barely noticeable, and they got right back on. The extended version was FANTASTIC. Danny is a God.

Then Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned. It was so hilarious, and I loved the way the central lights came down... It looked like a UFO. Maynard really hams it up for this song...
"HOLLLLLLY FUUUUUCKKKKINNN SHEEEEEEEEIT!" You can tell he enjoys it as much as everyone else does. At the end, everyone was chanting "Don't know! Won't know!". By the way, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WAS THERE! The crowd was amazing. Peaceful, yet energetic. Lively, but controlled. I think that Tool noticed how well behaved and responsive the audience was so they gave us....

PUSHIT!!!! Tears came to my eyes the second the song started. I was such a lucky son of a bitch, and I knew it. Words can't describe how beautiful this song is live. I can't see how anyone thinks that Maynard's voice is deteriorating... He was brilliant. "I MUST PERSUADE YOU ANOTHER WAAAAY!" My hands were in the air, I was screaming with him AND the whole audience. There was this wave of energy that I felt flowing through the crowd duing this whole climax. We all were being taken on the ride of a lifetime, and we all knew it. The quote from Third Eye "We are all one consciousness" was running through my head. I felt, for that one moment, that we were all in perfect bliss. The song crashed through its final section, "IT WILL END NO OTHER WAY!" and we all just roared. I think the audience was screaming louder than the band was playing. A truly uplifting and magnificent experience that I will never forget. I was so at peace with myself... and just thinking about that moment gives me the chills.

Next came the Intermission, but the intermission carried its own beauty. About 5 minutes in, people started holding up lighters, then more people, and more people, and next thing you know, the whole arena was lit up with lighters! It was pitch black before, other than the stage lights, but I could CLEARLY SEE all the way across the arena because of all of the lighters. It was beautiful! Then, as the lighters go dim, and the crowd quiets, we hear the gong.

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was unreal. I don't do any type of controlled substance, but the song, in conjunction with the beautiful light show, and the ambiance of the crowd made me feel as if I were having an out of body experience. I just stared up above at the rotating and shifting lasers, and felt myself drifting. Then the thunder hit, and smoke came up from the stage, and danced its way through the lasers, hazing them. I was barely even paying attention to the music at this point.. I was listening, but I was so engrossed by the beautiful artwork and scenery that I just let the band pull me through the song. It seemed like a lifetime before the song ended, but I was perfectly content. At the songs climax, I was dazed. Everyone around me was headbanging, and singing... I was just standing there, frozen in time, in sound... I was uplifted. Up until this point in the show, I had been very active, and mobile, but I was completely docile and calm by the end of 10000 Days. I love the song on the album, but the album doesn't even do it justice, and I think the band knows that.

Side note - I think I understand why Maynard places himself so far back on the stage. If he were a "frontman", like most vocalists, we wouldn't get the sonic experience that we are supposed to get from shows like these. Maynard steps back and lets the music do the work.. He is just the messenger.

Lateralus - Another one of my all time favorites. I just rocked along with the spiral, and THEN, out came Mastadon's drummer! He and Danny had a Duet, and THEN they traded fours for about 32 measures! It was incredible! The whole time the only thing keeping the beat for the drummers was Justin's triplet figure (The ostinato that he plays through 90% of the song)... Maynard came back, and thanked Mastadon's drummer, and they kept on. The song ended in a bang, with Maynard seemingly conducting the last few measures... another brilliant performance.

Maynard then spoke for about a minute or so... I couldnt make out what he was saying, unfortunately. I did hear "You guys were wonderful, thanks for coming out.", but that was all I could make out for certain. And to close things out came-

Vicarious! The song really kicked ass, and everyone was using every last bit of energy they had to rock this song out. The band seemed like they could go on forever, and they werent even showing a hint of fatigue. At the end of the song, instead of singing "VICARIOUSLY I LIVE WHILE THE WHOLE WORLD DIES!", Maynard flipped the mic around and held it out to the crowd! He then finished off with "Much better you than I!" which seemed kind of like a joke to me, with him letting the crowd say they they live vicariously, and Maynard replying by saying "Much better you than I!", so I got a little laugh out of that. The crowd went crazy, the band gave a group hug, and Maynard quickly exited the stage while the rest of th band threw various things into the audience... water bottles, picks, setlists, etc.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:10 AM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862

Its so hard to write a review after other people already have. Its hard to keep from sounding the same, its hard to hold in your Tool fan-boyishness, and its hard to really explain yourself in a way that really expresses the emotions that you felt during the performance. I'm going to go from the start of my trip to the end of my trip, and hopefully by the end of the review you guys can tell ME how the show was.

This was my first Tool show ever... I've been a fan since 2000, but never seen them live. So it should be apparent that I was totally excited going into it.

7:30 PM - I arrive at the arena. My girlfriend and I sit down in, but unfortunately we didnt get seats next to each other, so we have to part ways quickly.

7:58 PM - I'm sitting in my seat in a relatively empty arena, when all of a sudden I hear the sound of feedback through a heavy flanger effect. Out comes Melt Banana, a Japanese Punk/Metal band... well the vocalist looked.. odd from where I was sitting (about 7:00 from the stage, about 50 feet back).. I remember thinking to myself.. "That person looks like a banana in that hoodie!" So anyway, the flanger effect goes into the most horrible sounding mess I've ever heard. The vocalist removes the hoodie to reveal that... its a FEMALE! So, there are 2 females in the band, the vocalist, and the bassist. All four of them were idiots. The band sounded like... hmm... Think Rage Against the Machine-style vocals in the female register backed by a 1970's underground punk band. The guitar was out of tune half of the show (which thankfully only lasted 30 minutes), and most of the time, the guitar wasn't even distinguishable because he was using very weird, "Gradius-like" sounds... There was no melody, no order, nothing even remotely appealing about it. Think about if Meshuggah took everything redeemable out of their music. I found it quite humorous, and I'm actually chuckling at it now, that the group to the right of me, a bunch of goth-like, mulitple piercing-esque, macho kid wannabes ALL were covering their ears with their hands. I probably laughed at that louder than the audience was booing. Yes, booing. I felt bad for the band, but then again... I thought... Maybe if they didn't suck so much..... The last 5 minutes was particularly awful, when they decided just to literally bang on their instruments as fast and as loud as they could. No coherent pitches, no tonal center, just mindless thrashing, with the drummer playing some insanely fast drumrolls. When that mess ended, the front part of the crowd cheered a bit, while the back half booed... I just sat there, in awe. I finally gathered the energy to stand up and find my girlfriend, who looked like she had just seen a ghost when I found her. We laughed about Banana-rama, etc. for a few minutes, and then took a walk out into the lobby.

9:00 PM- I am in my seat, waiting. The arena is beginning to fill up, slowly but surely. The guy who was seated to my left walks in, and we introduce ourselves, sit down, and have some random Tool chit-chat. We both watch the guys in front of us take a few acid hits at around 9:20... and just as we get to talking about whether or not Tool will play Pushit, the lights go out. The boys make their way on stage, Maynard wearing a Cowboy hat, an orange vest, and jeans.

Jambi begins. It seems like they took it a little slower than on CD, as they did with a few songs, but no matter. The band was fucking spot on. Adam has the tech (dressed in a scientist jacket) do a few things to his pedal before the wah solo, which was absolutely beautiful. The song climaxes, and from there, I know that I am in for a treat. Maynard sounds amazing, and the band is totally tight. The song ends, and Maynard steps up to the mic: "HELLLLLOOOOO JEAWWWJUH!" Everyone laughs and cheers, and the ions graphics come onto the screen.

Stinkfist was great. Thanks to the previous dates' reviews, I knew that the band would extend the middle section, which they did... so I simply laughed at everyone who sang "I'll... KEEP.. DIGGING"... I think Maynard tried to make that happen though, because as it got to that part, he kind of leaned towards the crowd as if he was listening. Anyway, the song was fantastic, and Maynard was very lively, swaying in his pseudo-Roswell fashion he is known for.

46 and 2 was also dead on. Danny's drum solo is so fucking amazing live. I mean, I knew it would be perfect, but its just so powerful in context with the song, and seeing it live only exemplifies that.

Schism came next, and it was also pretty perfect. I think they went out of sync with each other for a measure towards the middle, like maybe Adam got ahead by a measure, but it was barely noticeable, and they got right back on. The extended version was FANTASTIC. Danny is a God.

Then Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned. It was so hilarious, and I loved the way the central lights came down... It looked like a UFO. Maynard really hams it up for this song...
"HOLLLLLLY FUUUUUCKKKKINNN SHEEEEEEEEIT!" You can tell he enjoys it as much as everyone else does. At the end, everyone was chanting "Don't know! Won't know!". By the way, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WAS THERE! The crowd was amazing. Peaceful, yet energetic. Lively, but controlled. I think that Tool noticed how well behaved and responsive the audience was so they gave us....

PUSHIT!!!! Tears came to my eyes the second the song started. I was such a lucky son of a bitch, and I knew it. Words can't describe how beautiful this song is live. I can't see how anyone thinks that Maynard's voice is deteriorating... He was brilliant. "I MUST PERSUADE YOU ANOTHER WAAAAY!" My hands were in the air, I was screaming with him AND the whole audience. There was this wave of energy that I felt flowing through the crowd duing this whole climax. We all were being taken on the ride of a lifetime, and we all knew it. The quote from Third Eye "We are all one consciousness" was running through my head. I felt, for that one moment, that we were all in perfect bliss. The song crashed through its final section, "IT WILL END NO OTHER WAY!" and we all just roared. I think the audience was screaming louder than the band was playing. A truly uplifting and magnificent experience that I will never forget. I was so at peace with myself... and just thinking about that moment gives me the chills.

Next came the Intermission, but the intermission carried its own beauty. About 5 minutes in, people started holding up lighters, then more people, and more people, and next thing you know, the whole arena was lit up with lighters! It was pitch black before, other than the stage lights, but I could CLEARLY SEE all the way across the arena because of all of the lighters. It was beautiful! Then, as the lighters go dim, and the crowd quiets, we hear the gong.

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was unreal. I don't do any type of controlled substance, but the song, in conjunction with the beautiful light show, and the ambiance of the crowd made me feel as if I were having an out of body experience. I just stared up above at the rotating and shifting lasers, and felt myself drifting. Then the thunder hit, and smoke came up from the stage, and danced its way through the lasers, hazing them. I was barely even paying attention to the music at this point.. I was listening, but I was so engrossed by the beautiful artwork and scenery that I just let the band pull me through the song. It seemed like a lifetime before the song ended, but I was perfectly content. At the songs climax, I was dazed. Everyone around me was headbanging, and singing... I was just standing there, frozen in time, in sound... I was uplifted. Up until this point in the show, I had been very active, and mobile, but I was completely docile and calm by the end of 10000 Days. I love the song on the album, but the album doesn't even do it justice, and I think the band knows that.

Side note - I think I understand why Maynard places himself so far back on the stage. If he were a "frontman", like most vocalists, we wouldn't get the sonic experience that we are supposed to get from shows like these. Maynard steps back and lets the music do the work.. He is just the messenger.

Lateralus - Another one of my all time favorites. I just rocked along with the spiral, and THEN, out came Mastadon's drummer! He and Danny had a Duet, and THEN they traded fours for about 32 measures! It was incredible! The whole time the only thing keeping the beat for the drummers was Justin's triplet figure (The ostinato that he plays through 90% of the song)... Maynard came back, and thanked Mastadon's drummer, and they kept on. The song ended in a bang, with Maynard seemingly conducting the last few measures... another brilliant performance.

Maynard then spoke for about a minute or so... I couldnt make out what he was saying, unfortunately. I did hear "You guys were wonderful, thanks for coming out.", but that was all I could make out for certain. And to close things out came-

Vicarious! The song really kicked ass, and everyone was using every last bit of energy they had to rock this song out. The band seemed like they could go on forever, and they werent even showing a hint of fatigue. At the end of the song, instead of singing "VICARIOUSLY I LIVE WHILE THE WHOLE WORLD DIES!", Maynard flipped the mic around and held it out to the crowd! He then finished off with "Much better you than I!" which seemed kind of like a joke to me, with him letting the crowd say they they live vicariously, and Maynard replying by saying "Much better you than I!", so I got a little laugh out of that. The crowd went crazy, the band gave a group hug, and Maynard quickly exited the stage while the rest of th band threw various things into the audience... water bottles, picks, setlists, etc.
06-05-2007, 01:11 AM

(Continued.) Thank you, everyone. You all who were there helped to shape one of the greatest nights of my life. I've seen about 12 bands live, and nothing could match this. To those of you who haven't seen Tool live, you MUST. If I haven't gotten that across yet, then I will reiterate - SEE TOOL LIVE. Its stunning, and I feel like a different person after seeing that show. Thanks for reading my review. :)
Old 06-05-2007, 01:11 AM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862

(Continued.) Thank you, everyone. You all who were there helped to shape one of the greatest nights of my life. I've seen about 12 bands live, and nothing could match this. To those of you who haven't seen Tool live, you MUST. If I haven't gotten that across yet, then I will reiterate - SEE TOOL LIVE. Its stunning, and I feel like a different person after seeing that show. Thanks for reading my review. :)
06-05-2007, 04:10 AM

It was beautiful!! I loved it! My wife's first show. My 9th. It was tied with being my favorite show with the Red Rocks show in 2000. I am at a loss for words....just wonderful!!!! Thank you Tool.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:10 AM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

It was beautiful!! I loved it! My wife's first show. My 9th. It was tied with being my favorite show with the Red Rocks show in 2000. I am at a loss for words....just wonderful!!!! Thank you Tool.
OFFLINE |  
fazebesnappin's Avatar fazebesnappin
06-05-2007, 05:20 AM

"Wassup Georgia!" - MJK The show was perfect! Tool rocked the arena. Melt Banana was total garbage. I felt sorry for the Georgia people who didn't get to see "Kinski" open for Tool in Alabama and other previous shows. Between the two shows I attended within the past 10 days (Alabama 5/26 & Georgia 6/4) the setlists were exactly the same (Prison Sex tease and all). Which bothered me NONE! I still fucking loved it the second go around. I think that the band was more into the Alabama show though. Maynard was very talkative there and Adam moved around and vibed more than usual. Like for instance, even during the extended version of Stinkfist, right when it goes into the extended part and MJK doen't sing "I'll Keep Digging..." yet, but the crowd does... at the Alabama show he giggled into the mic, but last night he was emotionless at that point. By the way, I still wonder why people think he's about to sing that part of the song anyway. I guess if it's your first time seeing them live you wouldn't know any better but Tool has been playing that song live and extended for many years now. Anyway, the Georgia show still ROCKED nonetheless. I had a wonderful experience again and I can't wait until I see them on their next tour.
P.S. For pictures of this show you can check out the pics section of myspace at http://www.myspace.com/jodiemcdonald
Old 06-05-2007, 05:20 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

"Wassup Georgia!" - MJK The show was perfect! Tool rocked the arena. Melt Banana was total garbage. I felt sorry for the Georgia people who didn't get to see "Kinski" open for Tool in Alabama and other previous shows. Between the two shows I attended within the past 10 days (Alabama 5/26 & Georgia 6/4) the setlists were exactly the same (Prison Sex tease and all). Which bothered me NONE! I still fucking loved it the second go around. I think that the band was more into the Alabama show though. Maynard was very talkative there and Adam moved around and vibed more than usual. Like for instance, even during the extended version of Stinkfist, right when it goes into the extended part and MJK doen't sing "I'll Keep Digging..." yet, but the crowd does... at the Alabama show he giggled into the mic, but last night he was emotionless at that point. By the way, I still wonder why people think he's about to sing that part of the song anyway. I guess if it's your first time seeing them live you wouldn't know any better but Tool has been playing that song live and extended for many years now. Anyway, the Georgia show still ROCKED nonetheless. I had a wonderful experience again and I can't wait until I see them on their next tour.
P.S. For pictures of this show you can check out the pics section of myspace at http://www.myspace.com/jodiemcdonald
06-05-2007, 05:35 AM

Great performance, really the best performance I have ever witnessed. My third time seeing Tool and where I was sitting the crowd was pretty awful. I had a dumbass drunk next to me for a while who kept leaning on me, a guy who kept beating up a girl in front of me, and security flashing flashlights on me/people around me for half the show.

It tainted the experience to say the least, but I still enjoyed it..

The sound near the back of the floor was amazing. For a while I went behind the soundboard just to stand there away from everybody, I am kind of short (5'9) and I could see way better just in the very back off the floor away from everyone

but the dumbass security guards wouldn't let anyone stand there, me and a group of about 15 people were standing back there from 46 and 2 - Schism probably and it was really the best place to view the concert for me.

NONE OF US were jumping around/moshing or anything. We were all just standing there. The security guards kept coming up to us telling us to go to our seats and we would move then 2 minutes later go back. It was pretty funny and one security guard came up and got in my face and I didn't even acknowledge his existence and just kind of moved my head so I could see the stage and just stood in front of him with my arms folded.

I just don't understand why security was being such bitches, if we were back there in the BACK OF THE FLOOR where NOBODY WAS blocking NOBODIES VIEW and not even trying to mosh or anything...i don't understand wtf the deal was.

It pissed me off to say the least, finally I got tired of dealing with them and went to my seat where i couldn't really see a damn thing but I decided to just watch the visuals and listen to Tool. It was a great experience, unfortunately a bunch of bullshit was going on around me during push it with this dumbass drunk mexican and his girlfriend who didn't know where they were supposed to be sitting and security coming over to everyone in my row and checking our tickets, THEN some dude literally fighting a GIRL.

How can a band like Tool attract such idiots, i'm nearly embarassed to associate myself with "Tool fans."

I know there are non dumbass tool fans out there, just the whole concert experience seems to attract dumbass meatheads/skanky crackhead girls.

If I am ever a multi millionaire I am going to pay Tool millions to just play a concert for me and a select group of non dumbasses so I can REALLY immerse myself in the experience. Am I the only one who encountered all these dumbasses?

Like in the line at the bathroom I heard TWO different conversations between dudes saying they were going to piss on the floor because they drank too much. Yeah spiral out guys.

Anyways, the performance was amazing and Lateralus literally almost brought me to tears. There will never be something more beautiful in this world than the "swing on the spiral" part during Lateralus. To me it is the pinnacle of all greatness that has ever been achieved in any form ever.

Sorry about my rant, but I seriously could not immerse myself in the song Push It due to jackasses around me, sad really.

Besides Lateralus, Stinkfist was the other highlight for me, flawless performance and the extension was killer.

The visuals during wings for marie were absolutely killer. I was completely sober and there were a few times during the night where my conciousness was lifted to a higher level, but inevitably immediately brought down to earth because some dumbass person around me.

I will probably never go to a concert again, besides the Rush concert I am going too soon. Most concerts attract the kind of people that make it hard for someone like myself to even enjoy a show. I am in the minority and I am well aware of that, I feel out of place at a concert...feel like I should be so drunk I can hardly stand then maybe I would fit in and not worry about dumbasses around cuz...well if you can't beat em join em.

Anyways, thank you Tool for a brilliant performance...this was my third tool show and the crowd was the worst i've experienced, but probably the best performance of all the shows I have been too.

This was also the first Tool show I went to sober. First one I was on shrooms, second one just got high. I can say I actually enjoyed being sober.

Last edited by tool/rush/mars; 06-05-2007 at 05:41 AM..
Old 06-05-2007, 05:35 AM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

Great performance, really the best performance I have ever witnessed. My third time seeing Tool and where I was sitting the crowd was pretty awful. I had a dumbass drunk next to me for a while who kept leaning on me, a guy who kept beating up a girl in front of me, and security flashing flashlights on me/people around me for half the show.

It tainted the experience to say the least, but I still enjoyed it..

The sound near the back of the floor was amazing. For a while I went behind the soundboard just to stand there away from everybody, I am kind of short (5'9) and I could see way better just in the very back off the floor away from everyone

but the dumbass security guards wouldn't let anyone stand there, me and a group of about 15 people were standing back there from 46 and 2 - Schism probably and it was really the best place to view the concert for me.

NONE OF US were jumping around/moshing or anything. We were all just standing there. The security guards kept coming up to us telling us to go to our seats and we would move then 2 minutes later go back. It was pretty funny and one security guard came up and got in my face and I didn't even acknowledge his existence and just kind of moved my head so I could see the stage and just stood in front of him with my arms folded.

I just don't understand why security was being such bitches, if we were back there in the BACK OF THE FLOOR where NOBODY WAS blocking NOBODIES VIEW and not even trying to mosh or anything...i don't understand wtf the deal was.

It pissed me off to say the least, finally I got tired of dealing with them and went to my seat where i couldn't really see a damn thing but I decided to just watch the visuals and listen to Tool. It was a great experience, unfortunately a bunch of bullshit was going on around me during push it with this dumbass drunk mexican and his girlfriend who didn't know where they were supposed to be sitting and security coming over to everyone in my row and checking our tickets, THEN some dude literally fighting a GIRL.

How can a band like Tool attract such idiots, i'm nearly embarassed to associate myself with "Tool fans."

I know there are non dumbass tool fans out there, just the whole concert experience seems to attract dumbass meatheads/skanky crackhead girls.

If I am ever a multi millionaire I am going to pay Tool millions to just play a concert for me and a select group of non dumbasses so I can REALLY immerse myself in the experience. Am I the only one who encountered all these dumbasses?

Like in the line at the bathroom I heard TWO different conversations between dudes saying they were going to piss on the floor because they drank too much. Yeah spiral out guys.

Anyways, the performance was amazing and Lateralus literally almost brought me to tears. There will never be something more beautiful in this world than the "swing on the spiral" part during Lateralus. To me it is the pinnacle of all greatness that has ever been achieved in any form ever.

Sorry about my rant, but I seriously could not immerse myself in the song Push It due to jackasses around me, sad really.

Besides Lateralus, Stinkfist was the other highlight for me, flawless performance and the extension was killer.

The visuals during wings for marie were absolutely killer. I was completely sober and there were a few times during the night where my conciousness was lifted to a higher level, but inevitably immediately brought down to earth because some dumbass person around me.

I will probably never go to a concert again, besides the Rush concert I am going too soon. Most concerts attract the kind of people that make it hard for someone like myself to even enjoy a show. I am in the minority and I am well aware of that, I feel out of place at a concert...feel like I should be so drunk I can hardly stand then maybe I would fit in and not worry about dumbasses around cuz...well if you can't beat em join em.

Anyways, thank you Tool for a brilliant performance...this was my third tool show and the crowd was the worst i've experienced, but probably the best performance of all the shows I have been too.

This was also the first Tool show I went to sober. First one I was on shrooms, second one just got high. I can say I actually enjoyed being sober.

Last edited by tool/rush/mars; 06-05-2007 at 05:41 AM..
OFFLINE |  
carsonh76's Avatar carsonh76
06-05-2007, 06:13 AM

we got pushit!!!! i almost shit my pants when i heard that intro after all the feedback which i thought was leading into intension, but we got pushit!!!!!! i was thrilled. flawless show. best of my life!!!! prison sex tease before lateralus killed me...

duluth, ga 6/4
evansville, in 6/17
Old 06-05-2007, 06:13 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

we got pushit!!!! i almost shit my pants when i heard that intro after all the feedback which i thought was leading into intension, but we got pushit!!!!!! i was thrilled. flawless show. best of my life!!!! prison sex tease before lateralus killed me...

duluth, ga 6/4
evansville, in 6/17
OFFLINE |  
g0)z111a's Avatar g0)z111a
06-05-2007, 06:27 AM

Yes, what everyone else has said.

The band was just off the hook last night. I saw them in Birmingham as well, and that was also excellent -- but somehow the show in Duluth had a different tone. From the minute they walked onstage, it was like they were determined and of a single mind. They were going to bring the rock to Georgia, and by God they sure as hell did.

So anyway, I too have seen two shows now with the same setlist, and I frankly don't care if they play the exact same setlist at Bonnaroo. No one else on the planet rocks as hard as Tool or balances that rock with such space. I'd be happy to see it all over again.

I brought a friend of mine to the show and it was his first Tool concert. He couldn't stop talking about it on the way home. He was very impressed. Rock music historians will be talking about Tool in the same breath as Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin in ten years.

By the way, I got my tickets through ToolArmy and they were GREAT seats. I was in the third row on Justin and Danny's side of the stage. If you have tickets to the upcoming shows through the fan club, you will not be disappointed.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:27 AM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Yes, what everyone else has said.

The band was just off the hook last night. I saw them in Birmingham as well, and that was also excellent -- but somehow the show in Duluth had a different tone. From the minute they walked onstage, it was like they were determined and of a single mind. They were going to bring the rock to Georgia, and by God they sure as hell did.

So anyway, I too have seen two shows now with the same setlist, and I frankly don't care if they play the exact same setlist at Bonnaroo. No one else on the planet rocks as hard as Tool or balances that rock with such space. I'd be happy to see it all over again.

I brought a friend of mine to the show and it was his first Tool concert. He couldn't stop talking about it on the way home. He was very impressed. Rock music historians will be talking about Tool in the same breath as Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin in ten years.

By the way, I got my tickets through ToolArmy and they were GREAT seats. I was in the third row on Justin and Danny's side of the stage. If you have tickets to the upcoming shows through the fan club, you will not be disappointed.
OFFLINE |  
systematicdecline's Avatar systematicdecline
06-05-2007, 06:45 AM

It was awesome. I had great seats (floor, 7 rows from the stage). 46&2 was amazing as well as Lateralus and Pushit. I've never been a big fan of Vicarious until last night either.

The things I liked:
The overall performance
Lasers
The backdrop and videos were badass
Adam's pigtails :)
My seats

Things I didn't like:
Maynard didn't talk much (I've heard he will talk a lot on rare occasions)
The motherfuckers to my left
Getting out of the parking lot

I was a tad bit dissapointed they didn't play The Pot and I was halfway expecting Opiate b/c I've noticed it on some of the other recent setlists.
This was the first time I have seen Tool and the best part was when they first came out. It was an amazing feeling. I felt like a little boy band fan.
I also loved how they took a break and just sat on the stage hanging out.
The Mastadon guy was pretty cool and Danny just seems like the nicest guy in the world!
I had a really awesome time, they nailed everything perfectly.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:45 AM   #16
redneck missus

Bincount™: 4481

It was awesome. I had great seats (floor, 7 rows from the stage). 46&2 was amazing as well as Lateralus and Pushit. I've never been a big fan of Vicarious until last night either.

The things I liked:
The overall performance
Lasers
The backdrop and videos were badass
Adam's pigtails :)
My seats

Things I didn't like:
Maynard didn't talk much (I've heard he will talk a lot on rare occasions)
The motherfuckers to my left
Getting out of the parking lot

I was a tad bit dissapointed they didn't play The Pot and I was halfway expecting Opiate b/c I've noticed it on some of the other recent setlists.
This was the first time I have seen Tool and the best part was when they first came out. It was an amazing feeling. I felt like a little boy band fan.
I also loved how they took a break and just sat on the stage hanging out.
The Mastadon guy was pretty cool and Danny just seems like the nicest guy in the world!
I had a really awesome time, they nailed everything perfectly.
06-05-2007, 07:28 AM

Outstanding show! I had an absolute blast. Brought a friend with me to his first show,and he could/would not stop thanking me.. Hell i took off work today just so i could revel in the emotional high thats been going strong since i woke up yesterday in anticipation of the bands long-awaited return to Atlanta.
Many Many thanks to the band for doing what they do,and a HUGE thanks to the people around me at the show that made the night even more memorable by being so into what was going on. As i posted in a myspace bulletin last night," If i die tomorrow...ill die a happy man"
Old 06-05-2007, 07:28 AM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Outstanding show! I had an absolute blast. Brought a friend with me to his first show,and he could/would not stop thanking me.. Hell i took off work today just so i could revel in the emotional high thats been going strong since i woke up yesterday in anticipation of the bands long-awaited return to Atlanta.
Many Many thanks to the band for doing what they do,and a HUGE thanks to the people around me at the show that made the night even more memorable by being so into what was going on. As i posted in a myspace bulletin last night," If i die tomorrow...ill die a happy man"
OFFLINE |  
mmike032
06-05-2007, 08:13 AM

my first tool show. let me say nothing short of spectacular. everything i had hoped for and more.been a fan since undertow just never been able to get tickets till now .could kick myself in the ass for missing all the other tours.lets just say i wont miss another one .big thanks to the band for doing what you do with so much energy, and to be able to do it night after night
Old 06-05-2007, 08:13 AM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

my first tool show. let me say nothing short of spectacular. everything i had hoped for and more.been a fan since undertow just never been able to get tickets till now .could kick myself in the ass for missing all the other tours.lets just say i wont miss another one .big thanks to the band for doing what you do with so much energy, and to be able to do it night after night
OFFLINE |  
btravis311
06-05-2007, 09:32 AM

5th Tool show, 2nd of this tour. Drove from Knoxville. Fucking Atlanta traffic on 285 was nuts. 2nd time to this arena, staff is extra nice. Wish my seat had been closer to the stage. Anyway...

LOVED THE SHOW! Rosetta, Pushit, Lateralus were unbelieveable. Wish they'd done Aenema. Adam's guitar during Schism sounded awful. Melt Banana actually kind of tore it up, I thought. Maynard's vocals were clear, for a huge arena gig. Found myself sort of bored during the Wings suite, though I had really dug it in Southaven, MS. Danny and Justin killed. Lateralus percussion jam was awesome. Lights and lasers were spot on. I love those three "alien craft" light rigs they've got on this tour. Worth the drive, effort, and cash...

THE SHOWS NEVER LAST LONG ENOUGH....

See you in Cincy...would love to hear "The Pot" there.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: 2007/06/04 - Duluth, GA - Gwinnett Center

5th Tool show, 2nd of this tour. Drove from Knoxville. Fucking Atlanta traffic on 285 was nuts. 2nd time to this arena, staff is extra nice. Wish my seat had been closer to the stage. Anyway...

LOVED THE SHOW! Rosetta, Pushit, Lateralus were unbelieveable. Wish they'd done Aenema. Adam's guitar during Schism sounded awful. Melt Banana actually kind of tore it up, I thought. Maynard's vocals were clear, for a huge arena gig. Found myself sort of bored during the Wings suite, though I had really dug it in Southaven, MS. Danny and Justin killed. Lateralus percussion jam was awesome. Lights and lasers were spot on. I love those three "alien craft" light rigs they've got on this tour. Worth the drive, effort, and cash...

THE SHOWS NEVER LAST LONG ENOUGH....

See you in Cincy...would love to hear "The Pot" there.
OFFLINE |  
Severely Right Brained
06-05-2007, 09:43 AM

Absolutely flawless. I haven't attended many concerts in the past but I can say for a fact that I will be hard pressed to find another that even stands in the same light as this performance. I had some fantastic seats (Section 107, row Q, seat 10) so visually it couldn't have been better. Sound was amazing as well. I was a little nervous though when Melt Banana was playing because the sound was terrible. All I could hear/feel were the sound waves pounding on my ear drums. It was painfull. But as soon as Tool stepped on stage my fears were put to rest. It was powerful. The only bad thing about that night were the dumb aces behind me who wouldn't shutup throughout the entire show. They were screaming just for the sake of screaming. Sure I myself couldn't help yelling at the top of my lungs, but only AFTER a song was complete. Plus the beer cups being tossed down our way weren't too enjoyable either. All in all though it was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I hope to see them again very soon.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:43 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Absolutely flawless. I haven't attended many concerts in the past but I can say for a fact that I will be hard pressed to find another that even stands in the same light as this performance. I had some fantastic seats (Section 107, row Q, seat 10) so visually it couldn't have been better. Sound was amazing as well. I was a little nervous though when Melt Banana was playing because the sound was terrible. All I could hear/feel were the sound waves pounding on my ear drums. It was painfull. But as soon as Tool stepped on stage my fears were put to rest. It was powerful. The only bad thing about that night were the dumb aces behind me who wouldn't shutup throughout the entire show. They were screaming just for the sake of screaming. Sure I myself couldn't help yelling at the top of my lungs, but only AFTER a song was complete. Plus the beer cups being tossed down our way weren't too enjoyable either. All in all though it was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I hope to see them again very soon.
OFFLINE |  
TenThousandMike
06-05-2007, 10:16 AM

Without a doubt, the very best concert I have ever experienced. I've never seen Tool live before, so I can't really compare it in that way -- but brilliant and earth-shattering in every respect. Our seats were 8th row from the stage, pretty much right in front of Adam. The sound was thunderous and very clear the whole time, and all the visuals and light/laser effects were incredibly impressive. I honestly could not have asked for a better overall experience. And Pushit! Awesome, awesome, awesome. So glad we got that instead of Right In Two (although that's a great song in its own right). The finale with extended Lateralus and then Vicarious was the perfect ending to a fantastic concert by pretty much the greatest band on the face of the planet. My only regret now is that I'll probably have to wait years to see these guys live again -- oh, and that I waited this long to see them in the first place! Our tickets weren't cheap, but having seen Tool up close and in person, I'd happily have paid twice as much. Totally worth it and I'm looking forward to the next tour already!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Without a doubt, the very best concert I have ever experienced. I've never seen Tool live before, so I can't really compare it in that way -- but brilliant and earth-shattering in every respect. Our seats were 8th row from the stage, pretty much right in front of Adam. The sound was thunderous and very clear the whole time, and all the visuals and light/laser effects were incredibly impressive. I honestly could not have asked for a better overall experience. And Pushit! Awesome, awesome, awesome. So glad we got that instead of Right In Two (although that's a great song in its own right). The finale with extended Lateralus and then Vicarious was the perfect ending to a fantastic concert by pretty much the greatest band on the face of the planet. My only regret now is that I'll probably have to wait years to see these guys live again -- oh, and that I waited this long to see them in the first place! Our tickets weren't cheap, but having seen Tool up close and in person, I'd happily have paid twice as much. Totally worth it and I'm looking forward to the next tour already!
OFFLINE |  
Telkar
06-05-2007, 11:18 AM

Great show overall. The lighting effects were wonderful, the set was great, and Tool was flawless.

First Tool concert for me, though I've been a fan for ages. My friend and I both enjoyed it, except for the idiots on the floor and the harassment from the security over stupid shit. I'm 5'6 and couldn't see at all, got on my chair and was enjoying the show, and got told to get down. Then had a wonderful dumbass beside me decide he was going to move in front of me.

Traffic was hell leaving, anyone that was getting onto 85 knows what I'm talking about. Oh yeah, and since when does Tool concert = crackwhoreville? I only saw a few females there that didn't look like they were half dead. It wasn't even that bad when APC came to the Arena.

All in all, it was a good experience, though it would've been an untouchable experience if I wouldn't have had to deal with morons.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show overall. The lighting effects were wonderful, the set was great, and Tool was flawless.

First Tool concert for me, though I've been a fan for ages. My friend and I both enjoyed it, except for the idiots on the floor and the harassment from the security over stupid shit. I'm 5'6 and couldn't see at all, got on my chair and was enjoying the show, and got told to get down. Then had a wonderful dumbass beside me decide he was going to move in front of me.

Traffic was hell leaving, anyone that was getting onto 85 knows what I'm talking about. Oh yeah, and since when does Tool concert = crackwhoreville? I only saw a few females there that didn't look like they were half dead. It wasn't even that bad when APC came to the Arena.

All in all, it was a good experience, though it would've been an untouchable experience if I wouldn't have had to deal with morons.
OFFLINE |  
ROCKMOUSE's Avatar ROCKMOUSE
06-05-2007, 06:00 PM

the rockmouse crew loved tool, flawless performance, melt banana, give me a break, was fun meeting mickeymouse, after the show, mind blowing, thanks tool, and operation 96.1 for letting us meet, short set who cares, it was a great show, nobody messed up, security was a bitch, traffic ect. , venue staff were very nice and very helpful, ......9 down 5 to go.....Tool Rocks
Old 06-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

the rockmouse crew loved tool, flawless performance, melt banana, give me a break, was fun meeting mickeymouse, after the show, mind blowing, thanks tool, and operation 96.1 for letting us meet, short set who cares, it was a great show, nobody messed up, security was a bitch, traffic ect. , venue staff were very nice and very helpful, ......9 down 5 to go.....Tool Rocks
06-05-2007, 07:24 PM

We got a special version of Rosetta Stoned as well, dunno why no one has mentioned it.. For one, the Justin/Danny solo like 9 minutes into the song was extended pretty long.. Also they acted like the song was over at the end and started playing again finishing the song, one more time than on the album..dunno if all of this qualifies as "extended", but it was awesome nonetheless

Wings part 2 was mind blowing

Oh yeah, I was somewhat dissapointed that they played pushit, really wanted to hear right in two, since they played pushit at the only other show i went to

Last edited by evoviiigsr; 06-05-2007 at 07:29 PM..
Old 06-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

We got a special version of Rosetta Stoned as well, dunno why no one has mentioned it.. For one, the Justin/Danny solo like 9 minutes into the song was extended pretty long.. Also they acted like the song was over at the end and started playing again finishing the song, one more time than on the album..dunno if all of this qualifies as "extended", but it was awesome nonetheless

Wings part 2 was mind blowing

Oh yeah, I was somewhat dissapointed that they played pushit, really wanted to hear right in two, since they played pushit at the only other show i went to

Last edited by evoviiigsr; 06-05-2007 at 07:29 PM..
OFFLINE |  
toolmaul
06-05-2007, 09:09 PM

I agree that security was a bitch, both shows I've been too, Tool and Metallica at Gwinett I've felt security was way too strict, but that was explained later by the fact that gwinnett has had multiple stabbings and killings at shows. However great freaking show, wish the floor had been general admission, i had a floor seat and a club level seat for me and my girlfriend and ended up sitting front row dead center but at the very back of the floor and still i felt like security was gonna ask me to move.
However great show, they played freaking pushit my favorite tool song, followed by wings 2nd favorite, the lateralus 3rd favorite, but did anyone else notice that they teased prison sex right before lateralus, they did that weird opening string thingy, but then went into lateralus.
Was it just me or was the drum solo during Schism freaking insane?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

I agree that security was a bitch, both shows I've been too, Tool and Metallica at Gwinett I've felt security was way too strict, but that was explained later by the fact that gwinnett has had multiple stabbings and killings at shows. However great freaking show, wish the floor had been general admission, i had a floor seat and a club level seat for me and my girlfriend and ended up sitting front row dead center but at the very back of the floor and still i felt like security was gonna ask me to move.
However great show, they played freaking pushit my favorite tool song, followed by wings 2nd favorite, the lateralus 3rd favorite, but did anyone else notice that they teased prison sex right before lateralus, they did that weird opening string thingy, but then went into lateralus.
Was it just me or was the drum solo during Schism freaking insane?
OFFLINE |  
Ghadrack's Avatar Ghadrack
06-06-2007, 09:04 AM

Not a lot to add, the show descriptions have pretty well covered it. I enjoyed this show a little more than the Birmingham show, but I had better seats and the crowd wasn't as much of a factor as it was at the verizon center.

I have to say that I like the layout of this venue and like the indoor venue better for this show. The laser effects in the outdoors were really neat, but i kinda dug how they used the confined space of the indoor venue to do a little more with the lighting effects.

I waited till the last minutes as someone on the boards advised after I got piss poor seats from Tm for the birmingham show, Friday night before the show, first teir seating openned up on TM and I snagged a pair. Our seats were in section 101 Z in a row that didnt' exist but the venue set up folding chairs in the handicapped access seating and sold them, they were better than regular seats, moore room between seats and, we were behind the rails above the crowd by three feet so standing on chair douche-o-matic #763 couldn't obscure my view. It was about as close to a Live Tool show in my recliner as I am gonna get for a while I suppose.

Anyhow, security was actively enforcing the no-smoking policy of the venue, they must have dragged this dumb drunk boobot ot of her seat a few rows down 15 times, every song she tried to smoke on the sly and they busted her every time. Pure comedy, I don't know why they didn't stop the packs of smokes at the front gate and send them back to their car or discard them like they do with bottles and cans if they are going to enforce the policy. Anyhow, that was worth a dozen laughs.

I am getting older and find myself loathing crowds of people more and more as time passes, not that I ever liked them to begin with. But the dumb ass factor can really detract from these shows for me, it's hard to just enjoy the music when you have "just graduated or dropped out of high school, gonna get real drunk and see how many cigarettes I can possibly chain smoke in 2 hours while talking on my cell phone" number 206, or "I'm a bigger fan than you, I'mm gonna scream the words wrong in your ear" dorkbot 503, or I'm so drunk I am throwing up and passing out" idiot, or "I was too lazy to get to the show early but I am going to kick, punch and stomp my way to the front anyway" jerk-ass, just there to act like a moron. Why do these people like ad come to Tool shows anyway..

Anyhow, enough whining from me. Tool put on a great show as always, here's to hoping they keep up the good work for years to come.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

Not a lot to add, the show descriptions have pretty well covered it. I enjoyed this show a little more than the Birmingham show, but I had better seats and the crowd wasn't as much of a factor as it was at the verizon center.

I have to say that I like the layout of this venue and like the indoor venue better for this show. The laser effects in the outdoors were really neat, but i kinda dug how they used the confined space of the indoor venue to do a little more with the lighting effects.

I waited till the last minutes as someone on the boards advised after I got piss poor seats from Tm for the birmingham show, Friday night before the show, first teir seating openned up on TM and I snagged a pair. Our seats were in section 101 Z in a row that didnt' exist but the venue set up folding chairs in the handicapped access seating and sold them, they were better than regular seats, moore room between seats and, we were behind the rails above the crowd by three feet so standing on chair douche-o-matic #763 couldn't obscure my view. It was about as close to a Live Tool show in my recliner as I am gonna get for a while I suppose.

Anyhow, security was actively enforcing the no-smoking policy of the venue, they must have dragged this dumb drunk boobot ot of her seat a few rows down 15 times, every song she tried to smoke on the sly and they busted her every time. Pure comedy, I don't know why they didn't stop the packs of smokes at the front gate and send them back to their car or discard them like they do with bottles and cans if they are going to enforce the policy. Anyhow, that was worth a dozen laughs.

I am getting older and find myself loathing crowds of people more and more as time passes, not that I ever liked them to begin with. But the dumb ass factor can really detract from these shows for me, it's hard to just enjoy the music when you have "just graduated or dropped out of high school, gonna get real drunk and see how many cigarettes I can possibly chain smoke in 2 hours while talking on my cell phone" number 206, or "I'm a bigger fan than you, I'mm gonna scream the words wrong in your ear" dorkbot 503, or I'm so drunk I am throwing up and passing out" idiot, or "I was too lazy to get to the show early but I am going to kick, punch and stomp my way to the front anyway" jerk-ass, just there to act like a moron. Why do these people like ad come to Tool shows anyway..

Anyhow, enough whining from me. Tool put on a great show as always, here's to hoping they keep up the good work for years to come.
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM

Awesome show. At first I thought it wasn't going to be so good because Melt Banana was the worst band I've ever heard. I couldn't here a word she said, it was all drowned out by the guitars. I thought we might be sitting to close and wouldn't be able to understand MJK. But then Tool came on, and they started playing Jambi. Hell yeah, what a great concert. The best I've ever been to. I love MJK's stage presence. He has that weird dance he does to the songs, which is awesome. And Danny Carey with the chest pounding double bass drum. God he's so good. All in all, great experience for me and my friend and I can't wait for another album and I hope they'll come back to Gawga.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Awesome show. At first I thought it wasn't going to be so good because Melt Banana was the worst band I've ever heard. I couldn't here a word she said, it was all drowned out by the guitars. I thought we might be sitting to close and wouldn't be able to understand MJK. But then Tool came on, and they started playing Jambi. Hell yeah, what a great concert. The best I've ever been to. I love MJK's stage presence. He has that weird dance he does to the songs, which is awesome. And Danny Carey with the chest pounding double bass drum. God he's so good. All in all, great experience for me and my friend and I can't wait for another album and I hope they'll come back to Gawga.
OFFLINE |  
E.T.'s Avatar E.T.
06-07-2007, 04:33 AM

2nd time in 2 weeks. Same setlist, still rocked. I was able to pay more attention to the mechanics of the musicians. Almost Telepathic between one another. I took Luke for his first TOOL show, Mind BLOWN! I don't know about "stabbings and such" but the aisle nazis were VERY overbearing! Said something to everyone except the ones smoking weed. Maybe they are scared of getting to close and getting high. All I saw was a dream unfold before my eyes, except it was deja vu with a twist. The twist was that traffic almost cost me my sanity going in and coming out. It was all worth it and I would/will do it again. I wish for a personal helicopter to see TOOL at Bonnaroo without dealing with the escapists. Good luck with all that shit. -E.T.

Me : http://www.myspace.com/ethree423

www.TheUnsatisfied.com

Me in a trailer (running)... www.thedevilthemovie.com (enter then teaser)
Old 06-07-2007, 04:33 AM   #28
Level 2 - Poster

2nd time in 2 weeks. Same setlist, still rocked. I was able to pay more attention to the mechanics of the musicians. Almost Telepathic between one another. I took Luke for his first TOOL show, Mind BLOWN! I don't know about "stabbings and such" but the aisle nazis were VERY overbearing! Said something to everyone except the ones smoking weed. Maybe they are scared of getting to close and getting high. All I saw was a dream unfold before my eyes, except it was deja vu with a twist. The twist was that traffic almost cost me my sanity going in and coming out. It was all worth it and I would/will do it again. I wish for a personal helicopter to see TOOL at Bonnaroo without dealing with the escapists. Good luck with all that shit. -E.T.

Me : http://www.myspace.com/ethree423

www.TheUnsatisfied.com

Me in a trailer (running)... www.thedevilthemovie.com (enter then teaser)
OFFLINE |  
Thorsday's Avatar Thorsday
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM

3rd Tool show for me. Not gonna comment on the play list, cause it does'nt matter to me what they play... although I must admit I would've liked to have heard 'The Grudge'. It was a mushroom cloud night Monday... the kind of show that you talk about until.... well, until they come back. I have'nt quit talking about the Tabernacle show in '01 till Monday.

Thanks for the show gents... in a word... surreal.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

3rd Tool show for me. Not gonna comment on the play list, cause it does'nt matter to me what they play... although I must admit I would've liked to have heard 'The Grudge'. It was a mushroom cloud night Monday... the kind of show that you talk about until.... well, until they come back. I have'nt quit talking about the Tabernacle show in '01 till Monday.

Thanks for the show gents... in a word... surreal.
OFFLINE |  
sebonic_22
06-09-2007, 12:12 PM

It was my first time to see TOOL play and as I thought the show was awesome. Sounds were perfectly balanced, so that everybody could feel the power of their music. The laser show was also amazing, entertaining your eyes as well. The only thing I did not like, was the fact that THEY forgot about the older songs, the ones that made them famous. I just wished for “SOBER”. Well, anyway an outstanding show after all. It was a pleasure to see them as a fully matured band. Thanks.

sebonic_22
Old 06-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

It was my first time to see TOOL play and as I thought the show was awesome. Sounds were perfectly balanced, so that everybody could feel the power of their music. The laser show was also amazing, entertaining your eyes as well. The only thing I did not like, was the fact that THEY forgot about the older songs, the ones that made them famous. I just wished for “SOBER”. Well, anyway an outstanding show after all. It was a pleasure to see them as a fully matured band. Thanks.

sebonic_22
OFFLINE |  
Charcoalme
06-11-2007, 08:42 AM

Great show. Security was a pain in the ass.. They kept trying to find my camera but, I managed to hide it. :P

I was sitting in a suite, near the right hand side of the stage.. If you ever wanted to see a concert in a Suite, don't.. The sound was pretty bad up there. From what people are saying, the sound was much better on the floor. My ticket was free so, I wont complain any more about that. :)

Great visuals on the stage though.. The band played perfectly.

I had good luck with the crowd but yeah, previous shows I've had some pretty stupid people near me. Cant wait to hear how the Bonnaroo show goes. Wish I was going but I have to work!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:42 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show. Security was a pain in the ass.. They kept trying to find my camera but, I managed to hide it. :P

I was sitting in a suite, near the right hand side of the stage.. If you ever wanted to see a concert in a Suite, don't.. The sound was pretty bad up there. From what people are saying, the sound was much better on the floor. My ticket was free so, I wont complain any more about that. :)

Great visuals on the stage though.. The band played perfectly.

I had good luck with the crowd but yeah, previous shows I've had some pretty stupid people near me. Cant wait to hear how the Bonnaroo show goes. Wish I was going but I have to work!
OFFLINE |  
mondegreen
06-11-2007, 04:42 PM

Great show, glad I could be there to share in the experience. Can't wait till the band makes their way back through the Bible Belt so we can do it all again.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #32
Level 3 - Talker

Great show, glad I could be there to share in the experience. Can't wait till the band makes their way back through the Bible Belt so we can do it all again.
OFFLINE |  
Rodney Ashley 2
06-14-2007, 02:51 PM

2nd thread...
No one mentioned the dueling drums! Danny and a young fellow who brought out a couple of drums (who was fantastic!) went back and fourth for what seemed like a good while....It was really cool......Tool was on..
Old 06-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #33
Level 3 - Talker

2nd thread...
No one mentioned the dueling drums! Danny and a young fellow who brought out a couple of drums (who was fantastic!) went back and fourth for what seemed like a good while....It was really cool......Tool was on..
OFFLINE |  
Bundahead's Avatar Bundahead
06-18-2007, 09:19 AM

Me, my husband, my brother and his wife all made the trip from Macon to Atlanta. I was so excited the days and weeks prior to the show that I aggravated the sh@t out of everyone around me. Not only did i look forward to seeing Tool, I was really looking forward to sharing the experience with my big brother. He was probably the only person in the world more excited than myself.
It's taken me a long time to absorb just how much I enjoyed this show. I've never gone to any concert before to see a particular band (regretfully i must take that back, I did go see New Kids on the Block when I was 12 Years old, i'm now 30). But, I looked forward to this show nearly as much as I looked forward to my wedding day.
Each of the previous post were right: Every song was preformed masterfully. We (my husband and I) had a perfect view of the stage and I could see Maynard perfectly between the two heads infront of me. Sadly, my bro's seats were to the side of the stage and Danny's GIGANTIC drummset blocked their view of Maynard. That didn't bother my bro and his wife at all; they're always impressed with Danny and enjoyed getting to see him in action. So, None-the-less, Maynard danced along with the characters in the video behind him in a fashion that had its own tantric qualities. Since the show I've been known to break out my own impression of Maynard's dance for my bro and his wife, just so they didn't feel as if they missed out on anything (a sight for sure).
**The day after the concert I had an awful crash! Not b/c of any substance I took, but b/c...well...it was all over and I still to this day pine for the moments b4 the show; I wish i were still looking forward to it. Even as i type now the memory is bittersweet...I CAN'T WAIT to have the opportunity to see them again.

Last edited by Bundahead; 06-19-2007 at 07:47 AM..
Old 06-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #34
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Me, my husband, my brother and his wife all made the trip from Macon to Atlanta. I was so excited the days and weeks prior to the show that I aggravated the sh@t out of everyone around me. Not only did i look forward to seeing Tool, I was really looking forward to sharing the experience with my big brother. He was probably the only person in the world more excited than myself.
It's taken me a long time to absorb just how much I enjoyed this show. I've never gone to any concert before to see a particular band (regretfully i must take that back, I did go see New Kids on the Block when I was 12 Years old, i'm now 30). But, I looked forward to this show nearly as much as I looked forward to my wedding day.
Each of the previous post were right: Every song was preformed masterfully. We (my husband and I) had a perfect view of the stage and I could see Maynard perfectly between the two heads infront of me. Sadly, my bro's seats were to the side of the stage and Danny's GIGANTIC drummset blocked their view of Maynard. That didn't bother my bro and his wife at all; they're always impressed with Danny and enjoyed getting to see him in action. So, None-the-less, Maynard danced along with the characters in the video behind him in a fashion that had its own tantric qualities. Since the show I've been known to break out my own impression of Maynard's dance for my bro and his wife, just so they didn't feel as if they missed out on anything (a sight for sure).
**The day after the concert I had an awful crash! Not b/c of any substance I took, but b/c...well...it was all over and I still to this day pine for the moments b4 the show; I wish i were still looking forward to it. Even as i type now the memory is bittersweet...I CAN'T WAIT to have the opportunity to see them again.

Last edited by Bundahead; 06-19-2007 at 07:47 AM..
OFFLINE |  
LucidDruid's Avatar LucidDruid
06-27-2007, 05:10 PM

I can't stand Gwinnett on a base level. And I hate that arena. And seats? They musta been... HIGH! WTFm8?!?!!? Fucking kangaroooz... anyways. Yeah, everything else, I have to say, tho late. Was a flawless victory.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:10 PM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

I can't stand Gwinnett on a base level. And I hate that arena. And seats? They musta been... HIGH! WTFm8?!?!!? Fucking kangaroooz... anyways. Yeah, everything else, I have to say, tho late. Was a flawless victory.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply