Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
Bama_Luvr
06-04-2007, 02:55 PM

Finally!! Tool made it close enough and actually played Birmingham on a Saturday night. And do I get to go?
Yes! I've been wanting to see these guys forever. I knew they'd sound good because I love their music but I wanted to see the graphics and light show that I knew would be awesome because of Adam's genius. However, I was in no way prepared for what I heard. Crisp, clear riffs, thumping bass and drums that confused my heartbeat enough to take my breath. Maynard was on the top of his game with his buttery but powerful vocals. I love the stage setup and commend Maynard for putting himself back with the rest of the band to show that all their talents are equal. Up until this past Saturday night the best live show I had seen was Pink Floyd. Sorry, Floyd. Tool played an incredible set (minus a few of my favs...I'd have loved to have heard Sober, Eulogy and Right in Two) but plenty of incredible music. Forty Six & 2 and Pushit. Wow! Had to check to see if my nose was bleeding. The sounds along with the graphics, light show and being out under the stars on a beautiful night topped it off. They didn't let the fact that it was an outside show dim their fire. They lit the sky with lights and smoky lasers and blasted my head off. I was really impressed, to say the least. I knew it was gonna be good but enjoyed the most incredible live show I've ever witnessed. I will catch them everytime they come near me again and will do some traveling if they don't. That show made my day, my week, my month and my year thus far. Thanks, guys. Tool be continued...
Old 06-04-2007, 02:55 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

Finally!! Tool made it close enough and actually played Birmingham on a Saturday night. And do I get to go?
Yes! I've been wanting to see these guys forever. I knew they'd sound good because I love their music but I wanted to see the graphics and light show that I knew would be awesome because of Adam's genius. However, I was in no way prepared for what I heard. Crisp, clear riffs, thumping bass and drums that confused my heartbeat enough to take my breath. Maynard was on the top of his game with his buttery but powerful vocals. I love the stage setup and commend Maynard for putting himself back with the rest of the band to show that all their talents are equal. Up until this past Saturday night the best live show I had seen was Pink Floyd. Sorry, Floyd. Tool played an incredible set (minus a few of my favs...I'd have loved to have heard Sober, Eulogy and Right in Two) but plenty of incredible music. Forty Six & 2 and Pushit. Wow! Had to check to see if my nose was bleeding. The sounds along with the graphics, light show and being out under the stars on a beautiful night topped it off. They didn't let the fact that it was an outside show dim their fire. They lit the sky with lights and smoky lasers and blasted my head off. I was really impressed, to say the least. I knew it was gonna be good but enjoyed the most incredible live show I've ever witnessed. I will catch them everytime they come near me again and will do some traveling if they don't. That show made my day, my week, my month and my year thus far. Thanks, guys. Tool be continued...
OFFLINE |  
Ghadrack's Avatar Ghadrack
06-06-2007, 09:15 AM

I caught this show in Birmingham with my brother and sister, I was spoiled by the Tokyo show, going back to a big dumb american rock concert venue was a bit of a bummer. Tool put on a great show, the crowd was in to the music, and there were a few really fun moments where they audience and the band were as one, loud and really neat. I enjoyed the Kinski team up part of the show, they did a great job I thought. It was nice to see Pushit again. I hope they do another round of the country and pull a lot more obscure songs from their trick bag, I will never get tired of hearing Opiate live.

~ removed sniveling ~

Last edited by Ghadrack; 06-06-2007 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: Removed whining :p
Old 06-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #42
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

I caught this show in Birmingham with my brother and sister, I was spoiled by the Tokyo show, going back to a big dumb american rock concert venue was a bit of a bummer. Tool put on a great show, the crowd was in to the music, and there were a few really fun moments where they audience and the band were as one, loud and really neat. I enjoyed the Kinski team up part of the show, they did a great job I thought. It was nice to see Pushit again. I hope they do another round of the country and pull a lot more obscure songs from their trick bag, I will never get tired of hearing Opiate live.

~ removed sniveling ~

Last edited by Ghadrack; 06-06-2007 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: Removed whining :p
OFFLINE |  
grimLoK
06-15-2007, 02:01 AM

i've enjoyed reading everyone else's reviews and comments on this show. i, myself posted one as well. it sounds as though we got a great show. i got to thinking and thought i'd just say that even though my first concert t-shirt was stolen, i was lucky enough to be in a stable enough financial position to be able to buy a new one (although, i did pitch a drunken bitch about it). anyone who was able to buy just one t-shirt, or even pay for a ticket to get into the show, for that matter, is very fortunate. there are a lot of people who would've liked to go but couldn't due to lack of funds. there are even more people around the world who probably could've bought at least a weeks worth of groceries for an entire family for the price we paid for just one t-shirt (not counting the price of admission to the show, itself). so, i will try in the future not to complain over something as silly as a t-shirt or, much less, the setlist the band plays (not that i had ANY problems with it).

Last edited by grimLoK; 06-15-2007 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: missed punctuation
Old 06-15-2007, 02:01 AM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

i've enjoyed reading everyone else's reviews and comments on this show. i, myself posted one as well. it sounds as though we got a great show. i got to thinking and thought i'd just say that even though my first concert t-shirt was stolen, i was lucky enough to be in a stable enough financial position to be able to buy a new one (although, i did pitch a drunken bitch about it). anyone who was able to buy just one t-shirt, or even pay for a ticket to get into the show, for that matter, is very fortunate. there are a lot of people who would've liked to go but couldn't due to lack of funds. there are even more people around the world who probably could've bought at least a weeks worth of groceries for an entire family for the price we paid for just one t-shirt (not counting the price of admission to the show, itself). so, i will try in the future not to complain over something as silly as a t-shirt or, much less, the setlist the band plays (not that i had ANY problems with it).

Last edited by grimLoK; 06-15-2007 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: missed punctuation
OFFLINE |  
elmorld
06-28-2007, 11:23 AM

Maynard just makes me laugh. All his little comments. Was especially pleased he remembered the last time in B'ham...the rain! Very glad this one was a dry show.
The sound was great and THANKS for playing PUSHIT! I enjoyed my popcorn:)
AlthoughTool was great, our seats SUCKED! We couldn't see anyone on the stage for the big black posts and we purchased tickets within the first 2 mins!!!
I hate Verizon Wireless for taking out the lawn of what will always be Oak Mountain to me.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

Maynard just makes me laugh. All his little comments. Was especially pleased he remembered the last time in B'ham...the rain! Very glad this one was a dry show.
The sound was great and THANKS for playing PUSHIT! I enjoyed my popcorn:)
AlthoughTool was great, our seats SUCKED! We couldn't see anyone on the stage for the big black posts and we purchased tickets within the first 2 mins!!!
I hate Verizon Wireless for taking out the lawn of what will always be Oak Mountain to me.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply