opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 08. Ticks and Leeches
User Name
Password
Old 06-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Undertones

I'm not sure how many people have picked up on this, but there is what sounds like whispering from 3:50 to about 5:50, it goes in and out. Then again at 7:10 to about 7:31, but this one sounds less like whispers and more like a low ranting grumble. I've tried playing with Soundforge to maybe extract the voice, but I'm horrible at those audio enhancer things. I was hoping maybe someone with a little more skill in editing department could possibly help out.

As for the 3:50 - 5:50 voice, it's not Maynard saying "suck me dry" lightly, there's another voice. I can hear it when I use headphones, he's speaking right in your ear, but the other sounds drown it out so that its barely audible.

I could very well be wrong, but there have been one or two times when I picked up on the voice immediately, but it always ends up blending in with the other sounds.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone tried this for me :)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:24 PM   #2
Evtes

Bincount™: 4712
Re: Undertones

i noticed this aswell, but i suck with the technical stuff, someone else will have to figure it out.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

I think it's vocals in reverse. I can't make out what's being said, but I've done a lot of backwards vocal stuff in the past and that's what the enunciations sound like to me.

As for what he's saying? Try recording it backwards and playing it then. Maybe the lyrics will jump out at you.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 06-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

any suggestions on good software to mess around with music? i once had soundforge, but my trial-version expired. =(
Old 02-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I definitely here some, if not a lot of "SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! SHUT UUUUP!" in there in some spots. I think a good portion is just screaming and such as well. It gets more and more distorted by the end too.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 272

yeah i definitely heard some stuff there two
but i cant make any sense of it
Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 129