opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 09. Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 04-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31
My favorite Tool song

This is definitely the most powerful Tool song I think. The whole way it builds up beautiful with so many amazing parts until that famous last couple of minutes is truly epic. These is one of those songs that just "move" me, I'm sure everyone has those. Anybody have the feelings for this song the same way? Utter genius I believe, one of the best songs I've ever heard.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: My favorite Tool song

its very hard to decide what is my favourite song (obviously its sth from Tool:)).
But from time to time when i listen to Lateralus i realize how perfect it is.
Every word and every sound seems to be in the perfect place, and every time i listen to it, it makes me think about the message, so to say, it represents almost everything what i love in Tool.
It doesnt cease to amaze me. It is a perfect song, really.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:55 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

this song is amazing. something that evokes just as much emotion in me every time i hear it.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

This is the song I always have people hear when they ask me about Tool ( " what's this shit you're always listening to ?" you know what I mean ). I really love it...
The lyrics are really amazing... just this sentence : "swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human...", made a double take the first time I made out the meaning of it.
To me, the bridge on the song, when it becomes kinda quiet, between 4:48 and 6:40, is the most emotive part of the album; my favorite part.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:44 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

i think this is the only song that could ever get me to go a big rubbery one
Old 05-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Yes, it's about as close to musical orgasm as any song I've ever heard.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Spiral out, keep going... start the entire lateralus cd right as the touchstone pictures ripple flashes across the screen of "Nightmare Before Christmas". Wait till it gets to this part...
Old 05-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #8
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

Last night seeing it live was just incredible!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

do they still play it last? ive seen them live and couldnt imagine anything after it
Old 05-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Damn, I wish I could see them live, and especially playing this one, but they only do 2 dates in France this year, and I can't go to the shows, because of those fucking prep class and exams...

Gah... Wish I could see them...
Old 05-09-2006, 09:50 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Coachella was great...HOT...but great. Oakland was even more amazing. Shows #11 and 12 for me, first in 1993. With each album Tool released, their words and message seemed to mirror the evolution of my mind and life. Lateralus was the pinnacle of my absolution and gave meaning to all I had been through and everything I had come to believe. Lateralus is, without a doubt, the best song I have ever heard...period. As, was posted, it's perfect...every word, every sound, the flow, the energy, the meaning. Most days I listen to the song at least 3 or 4 times and it never loses any of it's meaning or inspiration to me. It's amazing to me how perfectly Tool conveys the messages they deliver and how relevant their words are in my life. SS_OGT
Old 05-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Location: The Phallus Palace Fernando Clavijo: Resigned!!! Sex: ***MALE***
Bincount™: 4914

Yeah, it's an amazing song, especially the first third. Just kind of relaxes me to listen to the drums at the beginning, along with Maynard's fierce primal whispering. That, along with the lyrics' correspondence to the Fibonacci Sequence,makes this part of Lateralus probably the most incredible musical experience I've ever been a part of. I had no idea that music could be so deep and yet so close to me, so relevant in my life.

Last edited by savelints8; 05-09-2006 at 10:14 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #13
Banned.

Bincount™: 3

I saw them at the tabernacle in atlanta on opening night of the mini tour and this song for anyone who has not seen it live will shit their pants when they play it.this songs meaning and emotion that is with it makes me think about the afterlife alot.when mjk say we will ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no ones been leaves me breathless by the time the song is over.this is one of the best song of all time.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #14
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemyshadowchanging
I saw them at the tabernacle in atlanta on opening night of the mini tour and this song for anyone who has not seen it live will shit their pants when they play it.this songs meaning and emotion that is with it makes me think about the afterlife alot.when mjk say we will ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no ones been leaves me breathless by the time the song is over.this is one of the best song of all time.
I got to see them at the ASU Gammage in Tempe, AZ and it was truly amazing. Lateralus live is unlike anything else. This would definately be one of thee' most PERFECT songs they have ever created. I could put it on replay for 10yrs and never get tired of it.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:22 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

just saw them tonight in toronto, and they played lateralus 3rd-last. it was amazing. i got a tingly feeling coming out of my chest, that radiated out in waves of goosebumps. it was one of the few times that live music has brought me to the point of tearing up. quite an intense emotional experience.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:51 AM   #16
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF
This is definitely the most powerful Tool song I think. The whole way it builds up beautiful with so many amazing parts until that famous last couple of minutes is truly epic. These is one of those songs that just "move" me, I'm sure everyone has those. Anybody have the feelings for this song the same way? Utter genius I believe, one of the best songs I've ever heard.

I think it's my favorite TOOL song, too...
Old 06-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Yes this is my very most fav o rite tool song as well.

Last edited by AKTool; 06-06-2006 at 07:27 PM..
Old 06-13-2006, 10:39 PM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

I paid 150 dollars and drove 12 hours to see them. This song was worth it in its self.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:27 PM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

I have no doubt when refering to the spiral that it has to be of course the golden spiral, although stated as the mythical golden spiral, none the less the song is very enlightening. Fibbonaci sequence (supposed in the drum beat) and of course in the lyrics; fibbonaci sequence is closely related to the golden spiral. Very much, to me, I feel the secret to life lies within the song, and yet, there really is no secret to life.......How could there be if a secret is mysterious and life itself really is not mysterious because, well of course, we are here.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 10

also my favorite songs
just kicks ass :)
Old 06-17-2006, 04:58 AM   #21
Ant
Level 3 - Talker

Anyone who has been to see Tool live on this recent tour I'm sure willk share a similair opinion to me, in that as soon as the intro to this song starts, the whole theatre seems to be energised as if everyone just seems to know it's their best achievement musically.

There are other songs which may mean more to certain individuals. but the message, the music, the ridiculously intelligent incorporation of numerology and all the knowledge one must have to be able to put it into his song at will. Never ever will there be another song that makes me think and feel the w3y Lateralus does.

It's been the musical backdrop to my life since I heard it.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:41 PM   #22
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Location: The Phallus Palace Fernando Clavijo: Resigned!!! Sex: ***MALE***
Bincount™: 4914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
There are other songs which may mean more to certain individuals. but the message, the music, the ridiculously intelligent incorporation of numerology and all the knowledge one must have to be able to put it into his song at will.
This is what gets me too. This song is so lyrically complex, it's unbelievable.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: