opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Stinkfist
User Name
Password
Old 05-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 214
This is going to bore the shit out of you. And it's probably wrong.........BYE!!!

Thank you all for taking the time to read and hopefully digest my post. I am typing this about, not just the meanings of TOOL's videos, but the reason('s).

While I was writing some time back, a thought struck me that had had no provocation: Tool's songs are packed with so many multiple meanings and perspectives, that a song alone can not contain it, so they (TOOL) make videos that may seem bizzare and hard to interpret, because the visuals are being poured full of those many different things, and sometimes what you see gets distorted because of that?....................Illedgedly???

Last edited by APOCALYPSEENSABAHNUR; 05-01-2006 at 09:52 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 214
Re: This is going to bore the shit out of you. And it's probably wrong.

I guess what I'm saying is; it seems like Tool's songs and videos are two completely different things, about the same subject.

Two sides of the same coin i guess.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 12

Yeah, I agree, I understand their songs alot better than the actual videos, call me stupid.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 12

I just can never grasp the loads of obsure symbolism in their videos, still awesome nonetheless.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Have you guys ever thought about what if all of Tool's videos are meant to be seen back to back and all telling the story of the same 'person/creature'?

Think about it:

Prison sex-young being abused & stains itself

Sober-disturbed being looking for peace in empty vessels

Stinkfist-He's had enough, needs more, puts a part of HIMSELF in the empty vessel, then mutates to something with more 'human-like' skin

Aenema- 'God' steps in & kick starts evolution through water (a basic element of life)

Schism-The 'man' seems stuck still. Yet the woman isn't (same as in stinkfist) and she helps him beat the 'creatures of silence' that come from inside them to hinder communication. Then they become one together.

Parabol/Parabola- A summary of everything. A sort of trinity gets a tool that sets in motion the pendulum of reality. The man tries to stop it yet they float & get together again. The 3 'gods' were interested in the fruit they created, the man is interested in the source of the fruit; the Tree. Then when he sees the power in the leaf (that which came FROM source he finallly sees the light and evolves into the flow of Collective Consciousness.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Thats really interesting, I've never thought of the videos in that way, like chronological parts of someones life.
I have to consider this some more...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: