Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
]v[edusa
06-01-2007, 02:35 PM

I got this idea from "the nurses voice" thread. Sorry if someone said this.

Ok, here is part of my thought.

Doesn't the act in Lost Keys seem like something you would see in a hospital on TV ? like the hot nurse? This obviously isnt a hospital that you would find in reality anywhere. When do you ever see/hear nurses with high heels walking all sexy down a hospitals hallway?

I think Tool would have done a better job at imitating a hospital. They obviously did this for a reason. I truly believe that Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned was meant to be some sort of play.

Earlier on the album Tool made a song about how we shouldnt be so glued to the TV and now, if it is true that LK/RS is a play, they created a story for us because we love to be entertained?

Its kinda like a double message. One of the messages being the message of the story. The other would be how and why they have created a tragic story for us.

Ohh I should also point this out about Rosetta Stoned.

The guy was a TVholic. He compared everything he saw during the trip/abduction with what he saw on TV. Did anyone ever wonder if the guy would have had a more relaxed time if he never watched TV? In the song Vicarious Maynard sings about people watching tradegy and watching things dying from a distance, "I live while the whole world dies much better you than I." People who watch a lot of TV think that such "crazy" things as aliens and death would never happen in their reality. But what happens when everything that you have watched on TV becomes reality? well.... I think this Rosetta Stoned "play" explains it nicely.

Its kinda interesting isnt it? Because one of the messages in this play talks about the dangers of being a TVholic and yet people are listening to the song getting entertained by it.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 51
Watching TV

I got this idea from "the nurses voice" thread. Sorry if someone said this.

Ok, here is part of my thought.

Doesn't the act in Lost Keys seem like something you would see in a hospital on TV ? like the hot nurse? This obviously isnt a hospital that you would find in reality anywhere. When do you ever see/hear nurses with high heels walking all sexy down a hospitals hallway?

I think Tool would have done a better job at imitating a hospital. They obviously did this for a reason. I truly believe that Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned was meant to be some sort of play.

Earlier on the album Tool made a song about how we shouldnt be so glued to the TV and now, if it is true that LK/RS is a play, they created a story for us because we love to be entertained?

Its kinda like a double message. One of the messages being the message of the story. The other would be how and why they have created a tragic story for us.

Ohh I should also point this out about Rosetta Stoned.

The guy was a TVholic. He compared everything he saw during the trip/abduction with what he saw on TV. Did anyone ever wonder if the guy would have had a more relaxed time if he never watched TV? In the song Vicarious Maynard sings about people watching tradegy and watching things dying from a distance, "I live while the whole world dies much better you than I." People who watch a lot of TV think that such "crazy" things as aliens and death would never happen in their reality. But what happens when everything that you have watched on TV becomes reality? well.... I think this Rosetta Stoned "play" explains it nicely.

Its kinda interesting isnt it? Because one of the messages in this play talks about the dangers of being a TVholic and yet people are listening to the song getting entertained by it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
jevons
06-02-2007, 01:05 PM

agreed, however, have you ever been completely insane? you don't have to be steeped in a medium to have it play a predominant role-- it just has to matter, be on your mind a lot.
i, after many, many E's and what i was told was ketamine (turned out to be G [GHB, fucking keyboard cleaner]), more E's and more E's, i wound up wandering this rave convinced a guy on the main stage wanted me to find him. Wandering around this massive park, passing all the different stages, i kept trying to solve this riddle: an assortment of words i had to rearrange and speak to him before sunrise in order to claim the prize-- once i found the main stage.
There was no contest, i hadn't won anything, there was no MC. The voice on the speakers was in my head. To add insult to injury, the shock of realising i had imagined it all turned into a violent compounding of denial upon paranoia as i (over the next three days) began to return to sanity.
I haven't thought myself special in a very long time, but the idea of ''winning'' tosses around in my head a lot; how people can be so self-righteous just because they have something (?) and so on.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe we could push a little more into their intent, or perspective.

Considering the way the world is, and how many fucked examples of insanity we can find without really trying, a natural (and weak) assumption to make is ''surely this must end. It is too buggered to stay. Surely this must end!''
This comforts those who feel impotent to do anything about it; instead of purging this notion, the coddle it; inadvertently assisting the feelings of helplessness in others.
This album concerns the impotent, and how they fuck.
So sure, he's drawing on t.v. for examples, but to reassure himself. I think all of that is beneath the idea that he thinks it's all going to end. Television serves as the imagery to justify his death wish. He's trying to bleed his ''this must end'' insanity, which he has tapped from the collective insanities of humanity, back into the collective. To do this, he would need a common ground: television.

Last edited by jevons; 06-02-2007 at 01:07 PM..
Old 06-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 779
Re: Watching TV

agreed, however, have you ever been completely insane? you don't have to be steeped in a medium to have it play a predominant role-- it just has to matter, be on your mind a lot.
i, after many, many E's and what i was told was ketamine (turned out to be G [GHB, fucking keyboard cleaner]), more E's and more E's, i wound up wandering this rave convinced a guy on the main stage wanted me to find him. Wandering around this massive park, passing all the different stages, i kept trying to solve this riddle: an assortment of words i had to rearrange and speak to him before sunrise in order to claim the prize-- once i found the main stage.
There was no contest, i hadn't won anything, there was no MC. The voice on the speakers was in my head. To add insult to injury, the shock of realising i had imagined it all turned into a violent compounding of denial upon paranoia as i (over the next three days) began to return to sanity.
I haven't thought myself special in a very long time, but the idea of ''winning'' tosses around in my head a lot; how people can be so self-righteous just because they have something (?) and so on.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe we could push a little more into their intent, or perspective.

Considering the way the world is, and how many fucked examples of insanity we can find without really trying, a natural (and weak) assumption to make is ''surely this must end. It is too buggered to stay. Surely this must end!''
This comforts those who feel impotent to do anything about it; instead of purging this notion, the coddle it; inadvertently assisting the feelings of helplessness in others.
This album concerns the impotent, and how they fuck.
So sure, he's drawing on t.v. for examples, but to reassure himself. I think all of that is beneath the idea that he thinks it's all going to end. Television serves as the imagery to justify his death wish. He's trying to bleed his ''this must end'' insanity, which he has tapped from the collective insanities of humanity, back into the collective. To do this, he would need a common ground: television.

Last edited by jevons; 06-02-2007 at 01:07 PM..
jevons
06-03-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
(It's probably not an accident that the music alludes to earlier songs either.)
it doesn't allude, it uses them.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
(It's probably not an accident that the music alludes to earlier songs either.)
it doesn't allude, it uses them.
]v[edusa
06-03-2007, 01:01 PM

Jevons. I found for Rosetta Stoned that they purposely made it so that it would be up to the interpreter on whether or not it really happened. It kinda depends on your frame of thinking. or atleast thats what I think. Ill get to that later.

Did everyone completely ignore that the guy turned himself in to the psyche ward? No one dropped him off. They had no background of what the problem was or anything because he showed up alone.

About the name Rosetta Stoned. I dont feel like typing some really long interpretation right now so Ill just let you guys think about something.

When you are on acid you are allowing your right brain to function more. You begin to see symbolism and images. What I believe it to be is a form of right brain communication. When we are conscious we use mostly our left brain. We only see so much when we are only using our left brains to see. The left brain allows us to speak verbally and to write. But what does it mean when someone is speaking the language of the right brain?

The right brain doesnt think, but experiences, which is totally different then the left brain. What the language is is a language of images. The right brain translates our sensory experiences into awareness. If consciously your right brain was pretty active then you would be able see things that you wouldnt normally see if you were only centered using the left brain. An example would be seeing a whole room turn red as someone was attacking you. Or even something like seeing auras very well.

Now the question is how does one communicate to a world where everyone uses only their left brain about what is being seen through the right brain? That is so incredibly hard to put into words sometimes. What you are trying to do is translate everything that you see from the right brain to the left brain.

With that said lets go back to what a huge percentage of the population sees right now. When most people are conscious they use pretty much only their left brain right? When we are dreaming at night we are using more of our right brain, but the moment we wake up we are back to being conscious and forget our dreams because we allow our left brain to be conscious and not so much our right brain anymore. How can we then translate anything seen in dreams from the right brain into words when our right brain seems to be less present while we are conscious?

Now that you know all that lets talk about how the alien (if it was really there) communicated with the young man. He gave the message to him not verbally but by looking into the young mans eyes. I personally think that whatever message he did give him involved using most of the right brain and it was just by looking him in the eyes. Since, the young man was on DMT, for the rest of his trip he was using a lot of his right brain and was able to understand for that moment what the alien was saying to him.

The young man seemed to have been concentrating too much on looking forward to translating it all on a piece of paper. I believe that even if he did have a pen that he would still be having a lot of problems trying to translate it. Anways, he started to slowly become more conscious and began to use less and less of his right brain. This caused him to forget.

Whatever happened he wasn't expecting it to happen to him since he thought those things wouldn't actually happen to him because he watched TV too much. Hes all saying that hes seen exactly what he saw on TV as if it was such a huge surprise to him that it happened in his reality. I should also point out that this isnt the first time he took psychedelics. Who the hell takes psychedelics alone and is eating krispy kremes as if this is just a weekly thing to do? He obviously never had an experience like that before.

He was stoned on drugs that caused him to see and communicate with the world differently because he was using his right brain. Because he lacked in right brain functioning while he was conscious it caused him to lack in translating the message. Therefore he was rosetta stoned.

Ill let you guys think about it and maybe ill explain more and how it possibly connects to Lost Keys and TVholics. But as you can see now this can connect to the "two become one" theme aswell.

Sure you can see him as actually going crazy and that it was all in his head, but then its hard to figure what Tool meant by the young man being rosetta stoned.

Pardon me for not fully explaining my view at the moment.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 06-03-2007 at 01:09 PM..
Old 06-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
Banned.

Jevons. I found for Rosetta Stoned that they purposely made it so that it would be up to the interpreter on whether or not it really happened. It kinda depends on your frame of thinking. or atleast thats what I think. Ill get to that later.

Did everyone completely ignore that the guy turned himself in to the psyche ward? No one dropped him off. They had no background of what the problem was or anything because he showed up alone.

About the name Rosetta Stoned. I dont feel like typing some really long interpretation right now so Ill just let you guys think about something.

When you are on acid you are allowing your right brain to function more. You begin to see symbolism and images. What I believe it to be is a form of right brain communication. When we are conscious we use mostly our left brain. We only see so much when we are only using our left brains to see. The left brain allows us to speak verbally and to write. But what does it mean when someone is speaking the language of the right brain?

The right brain doesnt think, but experiences, which is totally different then the left brain. What the language is is a language of images. The right brain translates our sensory experiences into awareness. If consciously your right brain was pretty active then you would be able see things that you wouldnt normally see if you were only centered using the left brain. An example would be seeing a whole room turn red as someone was attacking you. Or even something like seeing auras very well.

Now the question is how does one communicate to a world where everyone uses only their left brain about what is being seen through the right brain? That is so incredibly hard to put into words sometimes. What you are trying to do is translate everything that you see from the right brain to the left brain.

With that said lets go back to what a huge percentage of the population sees right now. When most people are conscious they use pretty much only their left brain right? When we are dreaming at night we are using more of our right brain, but the moment we wake up we are back to being conscious and forget our dreams because we allow our left brain to be conscious and not so much our right brain anymore. How can we then translate anything seen in dreams from the right brain into words when our right brain seems to be less present while we are conscious?

Now that you know all that lets talk about how the alien (if it was really there) communicated with the young man. He gave the message to him not verbally but by looking into the young mans eyes. I personally think that whatever message he did give him involved using most of the right brain and it was just by looking him in the eyes. Since, the young man was on DMT, for the rest of his trip he was using a lot of his right brain and was able to understand for that moment what the alien was saying to him.

The young man seemed to have been concentrating too much on looking forward to translating it all on a piece of paper. I believe that even if he did have a pen that he would still be having a lot of problems trying to translate it. Anways, he started to slowly become more conscious and began to use less and less of his right brain. This caused him to forget.

Whatever happened he wasn't expecting it to happen to him since he thought those things wouldn't actually happen to him because he watched TV too much. Hes all saying that hes seen exactly what he saw on TV as if it was such a huge surprise to him that it happened in his reality. I should also point out that this isnt the first time he took psychedelics. Who the hell takes psychedelics alone and is eating krispy kremes as if this is just a weekly thing to do? He obviously never had an experience like that before.

He was stoned on drugs that caused him to see and communicate with the world differently because he was using his right brain. Because he lacked in right brain functioning while he was conscious it caused him to lack in translating the message. Therefore he was rosetta stoned.

Ill let you guys think about it and maybe ill explain more and how it possibly connects to Lost Keys and TVholics. But as you can see now this can connect to the "two become one" theme aswell.

Sure you can see him as actually going crazy and that it was all in his head, but then its hard to figure what Tool meant by the young man being rosetta stoned.

Pardon me for not fully explaining my view at the moment.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 06-03-2007 at 01:09 PM..
jevons
06-03-2007, 01:12 PM

Getting a little sick of being talked down to around here. Thanks for that, though. I was not saying i disagreed, and i don't, what i was concerned with is that his message is centered around the end of all things.
So, despite your clarification, i find myself at the same place: why is the message one of an absolute ending of things? Even in his waking state, he remembers that as the crux of the event.

Just a side question, Medusa, in your opinion, why do i remember my dreams so well? I remember ones with explicit detail from when i was four, most important ones in between, and ones from months ago?
I have had a hard time figuring out the balance in my brain, if their is one. There are traits for both, and my writing is largely illogical, always has been: very ranging and absent of convention (which i studied, and even tried to mimic at times, but it was ridiculous).
so, wtf?
Old 06-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #5
Banned.

Getting a little sick of being talked down to around here. Thanks for that, though. I was not saying i disagreed, and i don't, what i was concerned with is that his message is centered around the end of all things.
So, despite your clarification, i find myself at the same place: why is the message one of an absolute ending of things? Even in his waking state, he remembers that as the crux of the event.

Just a side question, Medusa, in your opinion, why do i remember my dreams so well? I remember ones with explicit detail from when i was four, most important ones in between, and ones from months ago?
I have had a hard time figuring out the balance in my brain, if their is one. There are traits for both, and my writing is largely illogical, always has been: very ranging and absent of convention (which i studied, and even tried to mimic at times, but it was ridiculous).
so, wtf?
]v[edusa
06-03-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post

so, wtf?
Consciously you must be using more of your right brain then the average person in this age. When you wake up you dont really make some mind blocks like what most people do when they wake up. Or at least thats how I see it. You are a dreamer and there is nothing wrong with that. You find it a lot easier to translate dreams then others. Thats a good thing. It is something that the rosetta stoned guy should have had to help him remember, but he didnt. I feel what your saying. Im totally the same a lot of the times.

Also I kinda feel that the message the young man got wasn't something that he saw on TV and it made it harder for him to remember because he couldn't compare that part of it with a show he saw. I kinda think he was able to remember other parts because he was able to compare it with something that his memory already held.

The alien also said to him that it was a message of hope for those who hear it and a warning for those who dont. Since the young man seems to be scared he obviously wasn't listening to the message well and he took it as a warning. You notice in the song that the alien kept telling him to listen. If the message did have something to do with the end of something it had nothing to do with the end of all life on the planet, but I bet if he listened and wasn't such a TV whore then the message would have brought him hope.

We heard in Aenima Maynard singing about how he wanted everything to be washed away. He obviously wasn't talking about having hope that all sort of different crowds of people would die, but he had hope that the false ego would be washed away. This kinda ending would be so great for all of mankind, but it may actually be some sort of "end of the world" for others. But I also kinda feel that the message had something to do with harmonizing both hemispheres of the brain and possibly ending this false ego. A message of two becoming one.

What alien would come all this way just to tell someone that the earth was going to get distroyed?

I forgot to say that I heard that a lot of people that have done DMT did say that they had been abducted by aliens while on it. Either its a huge coincidence or these people are so high in some sort of spiritual state that they are able to see things that may actually be there that left brained people can not see. What can not be seen or proven by "scientific minded" people is not necessarily untrue.

Rosetta stoneds message also has to do with people treating psychedelics as some fun game, but really people should only be doing this to help them through their spiritual path.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 06-03-2007 at 06:11 PM..
Old 06-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
Banned.

Quote:

so, wtf?
Consciously you must be using more of your right brain then the average person in this age. When you wake up you dont really make some mind blocks like what most people do when they wake up. Or at least thats how I see it. You are a dreamer and there is nothing wrong with that. You find it a lot easier to translate dreams then others. Thats a good thing. It is something that the rosetta stoned guy should have had to help him remember, but he didnt. I feel what your saying. Im totally the same a lot of the times.

Also I kinda feel that the message the young man got wasn't something that he saw on TV and it made it harder for him to remember because he couldn't compare that part of it with a show he saw. I kinda think he was able to remember other parts because he was able to compare it with something that his memory already held.

The alien also said to him that it was a message of hope for those who hear it and a warning for those who dont. Since the young man seems to be scared he obviously wasn't listening to the message well and he took it as a warning. You notice in the song that the alien kept telling him to listen. If the message did have something to do with the end of something it had nothing to do with the end of all life on the planet, but I bet if he listened and wasn't such a TV whore then the message would have brought him hope.

We heard in Aenima Maynard singing about how he wanted everything to be washed away. He obviously wasn't talking about having hope that all sort of different crowds of people would die, but he had hope that the false ego would be washed away. This kinda ending would be so great for all of mankind, but it may actually be some sort of "end of the world" for others. But I also kinda feel that the message had something to do with harmonizing both hemispheres of the brain and possibly ending this false ego. A message of two becoming one.

What alien would come all this way just to tell someone that the earth was going to get distroyed?

I forgot to say that I heard that a lot of people that have done DMT did say that they had been abducted by aliens while on it. Either its a huge coincidence or these people are so high in some sort of spiritual state that they are able to see things that may actually be there that left brained people can not see. What can not be seen or proven by "scientific minded" people is not necessarily untrue.

Rosetta stoneds message also has to do with people treating psychedelics as some fun game, but really people should only be doing this to help them through their spiritual path.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 06-03-2007 at 06:11 PM..
TWENTY-THREE's Avatar TWENTY-THREE
06-04-2007, 08:42 PM

To go even deeper. . .

The o"overwhelming message" could be atrophied by "mind-decay" of become a spoon-fed mechanical being. LIke the commercials with the kids arguing in the car, then the parents flipping down the TV, and the instant awe and silence of those kids. Hmmm, I need more help. Thoughts?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

To go even deeper. . .

The o"overwhelming message" could be atrophied by "mind-decay" of become a spoon-fed mechanical being. LIke the commercials with the kids arguing in the car, then the parents flipping down the TV, and the instant awe and silence of those kids. Hmmm, I need more help. Thoughts?
06-04-2007, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWENTY-THREE View Post
To go even deeper. . .

at least your avatar is nice....

conscience edit: try again, that made no sense.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWENTY-THREE View Post
To go even deeper. . .

at least your avatar is nice....

conscience edit: try again, that made no sense.
jevons
06-04-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post

Although tool require a knowledge of previous worksm i think in this case specifically it clouds the issue. Aenima was about preparation, rectification. What was beiong washed away ion that song was the desire for things to end. The characyer was purging, as with the rest of the album; soimetimes this was done from a positive point of view, with frilly lyrics (H.), other times it was negative, or reciporocal toward the original villain (Message to Harry Manback, Aenema). This proves slightly cruel at times, but also a subtle denial of the victim's potential for becoming a villain.

And, wouldn't the messenger know that telling him to ''listen'' would activate those conscious frequencies? Might this song be about yet another gap in communication, that between evolutionary states, or dimensions?
can you talk to single-celled organisms and not freak them out?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #9
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post

Although tool require a knowledge of previous worksm i think in this case specifically it clouds the issue. Aenima was about preparation, rectification. What was beiong washed away ion that song was the desire for things to end. The characyer was purging, as with the rest of the album; soimetimes this was done from a positive point of view, with frilly lyrics (H.), other times it was negative, or reciporocal toward the original villain (Message to Harry Manback, Aenema). This proves slightly cruel at times, but also a subtle denial of the victim's potential for becoming a villain.

And, wouldn't the messenger know that telling him to ''listen'' would activate those conscious frequencies? Might this song be about yet another gap in communication, that between evolutionary states, or dimensions?
]v[edusa
06-05-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:

The desire to end. Everyone is so worried about some sort of end of the world on 2012. I have desire for it to end. No I'm not talking about everyone dying, I'm talking about that LA life, where people have to look their best, take drugs, be better then everyone else, fight, hate, etc. He hates the false ego yet hes using hate which is a quality of the false ego. I was talking about the song not the album. I dont know, maybe I just don't understand what youre trying to say. I dont think you need to have the knowledge of Aenima for this song or the 10k days album. I was just using the song Aenima to prove my point because people listen more when I bring back ideas said in older songs to newer songs, I didnt have to use the song to explain. I dont think the message said by the alien is too important, I was just guessing as to what the message would be.

Thats a good question though. It could be possible that the alien figured that the young man was always that highly spiritual and could always be able to use enough of his right brain to release the message.

I totally agree that it has to do with a gap in our communication. Just think what we would be capable of changing the world into if we used our whole brain. Our relationships between us all would strengthen. Being so polarized has cause us to lack in our communication and its possble that we are unable to translate everything that we are trying to express to people because our reality is left brained dominant.

I dont know, I just got really bored while writing this post though.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #10
Banned.

Quote:

The desire to end. Everyone is so worried about some sort of end of the world on 2012. I have desire for it to end. No I'm not talking about everyone dying, I'm talking about that LA life, where people have to look their best, take drugs, be better then everyone else, fight, hate, etc. He hates the false ego yet hes using hate which is a quality of the false ego. I was talking about the song not the album. I dont know, maybe I just don't understand what youre trying to say. I dont think you need to have the knowledge of Aenima for this song or the 10k days album. I was just using the song Aenima to prove my point because people listen more when I bring back ideas said in older songs to newer songs, I didnt have to use the song to explain. I dont think the message said by the alien is too important, I was just guessing as to what the message would be.

Thats a good question though. It could be possible that the alien figured that the young man was always that highly spiritual and could always be able to use enough of his right brain to release the message.

I totally agree that it has to do with a gap in our communication. Just think what we would be capable of changing the world into if we used our whole brain. Our relationships between us all would strengthen. Being so polarized has cause us to lack in our communication and its possble that we are unable to translate everything that we are trying to express to people because our reality is left brained dominant.

I dont know, I just got really bored while writing this post though.
jevons
06-06-2007, 12:11 PM

I think you give too much credit to this polarized mentality. We have to evolve these things, what's easy is generally what's done. Birds didnt built spaceships, they learned to fly.
Our divisive nature is one of simplicity. Take, for instance, power. If i want power, all i have to do is maintain a class structure, which is entirely dependant on the belief that people are not equal. This, in turn, stabilizes the belief that greed and divisivness are permissable states to inhabit.
After that, it's only a short step to loosing respect for humanity outside your ''club'' or class or whatever.
Then, you have the shitstorm we have now, this global ''every man for himself'' principle mixed with people only mobilising to enforce the rules of their specific dogmas.
This is howwe killed the love.
The last thing i want is an end to society, because it is the foundation. Things have to change, but i think the polarized brain is just a part of our makeup, passing through that will make us a more evolved human. But we will still live in the world i have described.
Nothing is the end of everything.
One person can end a Universe.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
Banned.

I think you give too much credit to this polarized mentality. We have to evolve these things, what's easy is generally what's done. Birds didnt built spaceships, they learned to fly.
Our divisive nature is one of simplicity. Take, for instance, power. If i want power, all i have to do is maintain a class structure, which is entirely dependant on the belief that people are not equal. This, in turn, stabilizes the belief that greed and divisivness are permissable states to inhabit.
After that, it's only a short step to loosing respect for humanity outside your ''club'' or class or whatever.
Then, you have the shitstorm we have now, this global ''every man for himself'' principle mixed with people only mobilising to enforce the rules of their specific dogmas.
This is howwe killed the love.
The last thing i want is an end to society, because it is the foundation. Things have to change, but i think the polarized brain is just a part of our makeup, passing through that will make us a more evolved human. But we will still live in the world i have described.
Nothing is the end of everything.
One person can end a Universe.
]v[edusa
06-08-2007, 02:13 PM

I understand what youre saying.

I dont feel like typing a lot right now. The only end to society that seems to be coming has to do with everyone attached to the machine. They cant seperate from it. Society is pining away because of it. People just gradually have to learn that they don't need the machine to survive because they have a specific real machine of their own deep within themselves called their hearts. Deep inside these hearts people will realize that the love it releases to everyone else has the power that society needs to function and evolve. The heart is real, the machine is man-made/fake...... sorry I couldnt help but use your interesting dream to describe this.

A tool is here for us to use to build the perfect home, but everyone feels its better to make our home using fists to get nails in. Thats got to be fucking painful. I bet a house built without proper tools would collapse. Don't get me wrong, you can build it without tools by being clever, but dammit... if its right effing in front of you wouldn't you use the damn tool? Gosh. Lets get our work done on this home already!

I just get a little tipped off sometimes. There are certain types of feeling and emotions that I'm not too afraid to release,,, even though this thread has a population of two people.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 06-08-2007 at 02:16 PM..
Old 06-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #12
Banned.

I understand what youre saying.

I dont feel like typing a lot right now. The only end to society that seems to be coming has to do with everyone attached to the machine. They cant seperate from it. Society is pining away because of it. People just gradually have to learn that they don't need the machine to survive because they have a specific real machine of their own deep within themselves called their hearts. Deep inside these hearts people will realize that the love it releases to everyone else has the power that society needs to function and evolve. The heart is real, the machine is man-made/fake...... sorry I couldnt help but use your interesting dream to describe this.

A tool is here for us to use to build the perfect home, but everyone feels its better to make our home using fists to get nails in. Thats got to be fucking painful. I bet a house built without proper tools would collapse. Don't get me wrong, you can build it without tools by being clever, but dammit... if its right effing in front of you wouldn't you use the damn tool? Gosh. Lets get our work done on this home already!

I just get a little tipped off sometimes. There are certain types of feeling and emotions that I'm not too afraid to release,,, even though this thread has a population of two people.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 06-08-2007 at 02:16 PM..
]v[edusa
06-14-2007, 09:24 AM

Besides all my last ramblings about Rosetta Stoned and Lost Keys; I have a question to ask you all.

How did you feel the first time you heard Rosetta Stoned?

Ill be honest. When I first heard it all I thought was, "If I wanted to listen to someone singing like this I would have picked up a Slipknot CD".

I thought it was crap. I couldnt really hear a word Maynard was saying. I don't truly appreciate the song until about 6 minutes in.

So... why this sudden change in the way Maynard sings? Why Rosetta Stoned?

Well, now Im going to get back to this whole "we love to be entertained" part of Rosetta Stoned.

The way Maynard is singing in this song is not art at all, but we are all getting entertained by it anyways.

Can anyone see what I'm saying?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #13
Banned.

Besides all my last ramblings about Rosetta Stoned and Lost Keys; I have a question to ask you all.

How did you feel the first time you heard Rosetta Stoned?

Ill be honest. When I first heard it all I thought was, "If I wanted to listen to someone singing like this I would have picked up a Slipknot CD".

I thought it was crap. I couldnt really hear a word Maynard was saying. I don't truly appreciate the song until about 6 minutes in.

So... why this sudden change in the way Maynard sings? Why Rosetta Stoned?

Well, now Im going to get back to this whole "we love to be entertained" part of Rosetta Stoned.

The way Maynard is singing in this song is not art at all, but we are all getting entertained by it anyways.

Can anyone see what I'm saying?
Esurient4Truth's Avatar Esurient4Truth
06-17-2007, 02:17 PM

Are you saying that TV is bad for us, yet we watch anyway in comparison to Maynard and Rosetta Stoend?
Old 06-17-2007, 02:17 PM   #14
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282

Are you saying that TV is bad for us, yet we watch anyway in comparison to Maynard and Rosetta Stoend?
06-17-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esurient4Truth View Post
well yah. Tools message earlier in the album is pretty much saying that TV is bad, yet they made a cheesy play for us. I say cheesy because of how inaccurate they were in imitating a psyche ward.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #15
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esurient4Truth View Post
well yah. Tools message earlier in the album is pretty much saying that TV is bad, yet they made a cheesy play for us. I say cheesy because of how inaccurate they were in imitating a psyche ward.
parables in the world's Avatar parables in the world
06-17-2007, 11:40 PM

i see where your coming from.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

i see where your coming from.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
haddinsteve
01-11-2012, 09:53 PM

Watching TV is my Hobby. Mostly i watch TV Show. TV Shows is the best for entertainment , fun and enjoyment. It is very interesting to watch and it boost your mood. These are best Shows according to me like : The Walking Dead , The Who , American Idol and Survivor.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Watching TV is my Hobby. Mostly i watch TV Show. TV Shows is the best for entertainment , fun and enjoyment. It is very interesting to watch and it boost your mood. These are best Shows according to me like : The Walking Dead , The Who , American Idol and Survivor.
01-11-2012, 10:23 PM

ya know, theres a world outside your door
Old 01-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #18
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

ya know, theres a world outside your door
aaronsharapova
02-18-2012, 03:40 AM

Watching TV is best for entertainment. It is very interesting to watch. I watched many TV Show and some of my favorite TV Shows are The Big Bang Theory, True Blood, Lost, The Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural, Gossip Girl, Bones, NCIS.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #19
Banned.

Bincount™: 0

Watching TV is best for entertainment. It is very interesting to watch. I watched many TV Show and some of my favorite TV Shows are The Big Bang Theory, True Blood, Lost, The Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural, Gossip Girl, Bones, NCIS.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply