Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
cynicis's Avatar cynicis
05-05-2006, 09:02 AM

I'm thinking that weird chanting is representative of when the guy is high. The doctor bit is that same guy unresponsive in the ER. Then, Rosetta Stoned is when he finally gains his consciousness and just starts blabbering to the doctor about what he was seeing. Especially since the doctor says, "Tell me everything," and then the patient says, "All righty then. Picture this if you will." Then he tells him everything. I assume someone else already noticed this, but in my short look over the posts I didn't see it.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 2
Lipan + Lost Keys + Rosetta = one song

I'm thinking that weird chanting is representative of when the guy is high. The doctor bit is that same guy unresponsive in the ER. Then, Rosetta Stoned is when he finally gains his consciousness and just starts blabbering to the doctor about what he was seeing. Especially since the doctor says, "Tell me everything," and then the patient says, "All righty then. Picture this if you will." Then he tells him everything. I assume someone else already noticed this, but in my short look over the posts I didn't see it.
05-05-2006, 09:49 AM

That may be right but i also see a connection between Lost Keys Rosetta Stoned and Faaip de Oiad (last song on Lateralus album) They all seem to fit together in some weird way.... it may be a stretch but just think about it
Old 05-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Lipan + Lost Keys + Rosetta = one song

That may be right but i also see a connection between Lost Keys Rosetta Stoned and Faaip de Oiad (last song on Lateralus album) They all seem to fit together in some weird way.... it may be a stretch but just think about it
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Eulogy89
05-05-2006, 04:50 PM

MY GOD I THINK THE BOY IS ON TO SOMETHING!
Old 05-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

MY GOD I THINK THE BOY IS ON TO SOMETHING!
Jon08's Avatar Jon08
05-05-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fetus
... yes, that is a stretch. faaip de oiad has nothing to do with these songs, which are not one song, but three movements in a suite.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fetus
... yes, that is a stretch. faaip de oiad has nothing to do with these songs, which are not one song, but three movements in a suite.
05-05-2006, 06:12 PM

I'm not so sure about Lipan in that equation but LK/Rosetta Stoned + definately one song. Makes perfect sense
Old 05-05-2006, 06:12 PM   #5

I'm not so sure about Lipan in that equation but LK/Rosetta Stoned + definately one song. Makes perfect sense
05-05-2006, 06:49 PM

i think intension is part of rosetta stoned too. I don't think lipan is part of it tho. the way i see the song is that he's not "stoned" untill he tells the truth, and they strap him down and drug him. at the very least, he may have had the munchies (as they mention early that he was getting "krispy kream")

anyway, Intension mentions a "stone". as well, and some of the themes i think
"pure as we begin, here we have a stone, throw to stay the stranger,swore to crush his bones"
sounds kind of like "a mesage of hope to those who chose to hear it, and a warning to lose who do not"
Old 05-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

i think intension is part of rosetta stoned too. I don't think lipan is part of it tho. the way i see the song is that he's not "stoned" untill he tells the truth, and they strap him down and drug him. at the very least, he may have had the munchies (as they mention early that he was getting "krispy kream")

anyway, Intension mentions a "stone". as well, and some of the themes i think
"pure as we begin, here we have a stone, throw to stay the stranger,swore to crush his bones"
sounds kind of like "a mesage of hope to those who chose to hear it, and a warning to lose who do not"
Dungflowers
05-05-2006, 09:08 PM

The Pot and Lipan are the married couple here.

Stop me if I get too deep here.

"Pissing on my black kettle" Black Kettle was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Kettle .

The native american chant refers to them trying to hold on to their identity. The distortion voice that screams and ruins (IMO) the chant is the american ideology interfering with their traditional ways. One tradition was using peyote. Maybe the americans abused the peyote for their own inner journeys, which possibly leads into Rosetta.

Once again. I don't know. Neither do you.

Thats why we are here.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Stop me if I get too deep here.

"Pissing on my black kettle" Black Kettle was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Kettle .

The native american chant refers to them trying to hold on to their identity. The distortion voice that screams and ruins (IMO) the chant is the american ideology interfering with their traditional ways. One tradition was using peyote. Maybe the americans abused the peyote for their own inner journeys, which possibly leads into Rosetta.

Once again. I don't know. Neither do you.

Thats why we are here.
05-06-2006, 07:52 PM

I think the Black Kettle thing is brilliant. Well done.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

I think the Black Kettle thing is brilliant. Well done.
05-06-2006, 11:26 PM

I'm pretty sure "The Pot" is about 2Pac guys. </sarcasm>
Old 05-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #9
I'd rather listen to Hanson.

Bincount™: 4

I'm pretty sure "The Pot" is about 2Pac guys. </sarcasm>
deuceman's Avatar deuceman
05-07-2006, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungflowers

I think your interpretation of Lipan is quite good, but I don't think The Pot is related in any way whatsoever. No way is Black Kettle a reference to some Indian who had a wife with a strange name (you'll have to read the Wikipedia for yourselves).

The Pot calls the Kettle Black. Simple as that.

But it's cool to see how diverse people are in their thinking. It's what makes us so interesting (well, some of us).
Old 05-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungflowers

I think your interpretation of Lipan is quite good, but I don't think The Pot is related in any way whatsoever. No way is Black Kettle a reference to some Indian who had a wife with a strange name (you'll have to read the Wikipedia for yourselves).

The Pot calls the Kettle Black. Simple as that.

But it's cool to see how diverse people are in their thinking. It's what makes us so interesting (well, some of us).
Goodwin
05-08-2006, 03:14 PM

Meh, don't shut his ideas down like that. To say "The Pot calls the Kettle Black. Simple as that." That sounds almost ignorant to me. Tool has proved that most things they do are not "simple". Theres always a deeper meaning beyond the lyrics to me and thats another reason why we're all here. To find those deeper meanings.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #11

Meh, don't shut his ideas down like that. To say "The Pot calls the Kettle Black. Simple as that." That sounds almost ignorant to me. Tool has proved that most things they do are not "simple". Theres always a deeper meaning beyond the lyrics to me and thats another reason why we're all here. To find those deeper meanings.
psims23
05-08-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwin

Although Adam did make reference to that exact quote and all...
Old 05-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwin

Although Adam did make reference to that exact quote and all...
Dr. Jake Destructo's Avatar Dr. Jake Destructo
05-11-2006, 07:06 PM

Dual meanings anyone?

The LC/LK/RS thing seems to be a long shot for me though. Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned; definitely one song, but Lipan Conjuring? I have my doubts.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #13

Bincount™: 4

Dual meanings anyone?

The LC/LK/RS thing seems to be a long shot for me though. Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned; definitely one song, but Lipan Conjuring? I have my doubts.
rogerdoger's Avatar rogerdoger
05-11-2006, 07:51 PM

I liked the idea of The Pot flowing into LC and then all the way through Intension....Maybe the whole album links together (not really, but it would be cool).
Old 05-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

I liked the idea of The Pot flowing into LC and then all the way through Intension....Maybe the whole album links together (not really, but it would be cool).
05-12-2006, 12:04 PM

I think lost keys & rosetta are meant to go together, but anything else beyond that is anyone's own interpretation. and i think its meant to be that way; leave it open enough to make anything possible, but never make it concrete enough for anyone to come to a conclusion. the same goes for re-arranging the songs on lateralus
Old 05-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #15

I think lost keys & rosetta are meant to go together, but anything else beyond that is anyone's own interpretation. and i think its meant to be that way; leave it open enough to make anything possible, but never make it concrete enough for anyone to come to a conclusion. the same goes for re-arranging the songs on lateralus
epidermalfuture
05-12-2006, 04:29 PM

i've made this connection before IMO on the LC thread...under the lrics section go check it out
Old 05-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

i've made this connection before IMO on the LC thread...under the lrics section go check it out
PriceisRight's Avatar PriceisRight
05-14-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epidermalfuture
ok...what is IMO?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by epidermalfuture
ok...what is IMO?
05-14-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceisRight
ok...what is IMO?
In My Opinion

I'm gonna listen to all this before I go to sleep tonight to see if I pick anything up... It's amazing what you pick up in a song when you're rested and not looking for anything in particular...

Ya know, I bet Maynard is reading all this and laughing... It's amazing how one person can give a bunch of people something of nothing to do to waste their time with... No offense to everyone trying to decode the songs, of course, because I am too...

But I think there just may be a connection (however small) between each song in the album... I mean, think about it... If an artist makes a story album, they aren't going to just make 3 or 4 tracks a story... The album is going to be an entire journey... I think I'll look back on all the other Tool CD's after awhile to see if I'm right...

PS - Is the LSD theory still going for Rosetta? I think I can disprove it, but I don't wanna if it's already been shot down...

eternaltears.16.forumer.com
Old 05-14-2006, 03:58 PM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceisRight
ok...what is IMO?
In My Opinion

I'm gonna listen to all this before I go to sleep tonight to see if I pick anything up... It's amazing what you pick up in a song when you're rested and not looking for anything in particular...

Ya know, I bet Maynard is reading all this and laughing... It's amazing how one person can give a bunch of people something of nothing to do to waste their time with... No offense to everyone trying to decode the songs, of course, because I am too...

But I think there just may be a connection (however small) between each song in the album... I mean, think about it... If an artist makes a story album, they aren't going to just make 3 or 4 tracks a story... The album is going to be an entire journey... I think I'll look back on all the other Tool CD's after awhile to see if I'm right...

PS - Is the LSD theory still going for Rosetta? I think I can disprove it, but I don't wanna if it's already been shot down...

eternaltears.16.forumer.com
HanInCarbonite's Avatar HanInCarbonite
05-14-2006, 09:56 PM

I believe that Lost Keys and Rosetta are one song. Listening to Rosetta on it's own would be like: listening to a song in the middle, a steak w/o a baked potatoe, burger no fries.... I love the reverb that just gets you into the zone, dialog is awesome. The poor guy's embarrassed he "shit the bed", maybe that's why he has trouble discussing it.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

I believe that Lost Keys and Rosetta are one song. Listening to Rosetta on it's own would be like: listening to a song in the middle, a steak w/o a baked potatoe, burger no fries.... I love the reverb that just gets you into the zone, dialog is awesome. The poor guy's embarrassed he "shit the bed", maybe that's why he has trouble discussing it.
blackandwhite's Avatar blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 06:01 PM

Good call.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Good call.
prater
05-16-2006, 12:04 PM

Here is my question, more of a statement, not even that, whatever. Anyway, I like both possiblities of this song, LSD trip and abduction while on LSD. However my only problem with the LSD only theory is this. Do people tripping on LSD normally end up in an emergency room with no I.D. and no idea how they got there. Now I'm sure people on LSD do end up in emergency rooms but normally because someone took them there. Also wouldn't the doctors/nurses, recognize the symptoms as those of someone under the influence of narcotics. Thus they would know how to deal with it and it wouldn't really strike them as strange. But here the nurse gets the doctor telling him they have a "situation" and that the guys vitals are "normal" (another question, do people tripping balls have normal vitals) and neither the doctor nor the nurses know what is wrong with this guy or what to do about it. I could be wrong but I wouldn't think a guy tripping on LSD would considered a "situation" in an emergency room and I doubt it would really stump the staff. Just my thoughts. What do you think?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Here is my question, more of a statement, not even that, whatever. Anyway, I like both possiblities of this song, LSD trip and abduction while on LSD. However my only problem with the LSD only theory is this. Do people tripping on LSD normally end up in an emergency room with no I.D. and no idea how they got there. Now I'm sure people on LSD do end up in emergency rooms but normally because someone took them there. Also wouldn't the doctors/nurses, recognize the symptoms as those of someone under the influence of narcotics. Thus they would know how to deal with it and it wouldn't really strike them as strange. But here the nurse gets the doctor telling him they have a "situation" and that the guys vitals are "normal" (another question, do people tripping balls have normal vitals) and neither the doctor nor the nurses know what is wrong with this guy or what to do about it. I could be wrong but I wouldn't think a guy tripping on LSD would considered a "situation" in an emergency room and I doubt it would really stump the staff. Just my thoughts. What do you think?
DeadheadChemistry's Avatar DeadheadChemistry
05-17-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prater
I think he's just in shock by what happened, and finally they convince him to tell his story.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by prater
I think he's just in shock by what happened, and finally they convince him to tell his story.
yomakaze's Avatar yomakaze
05-17-2006, 08:14 PM

I was just telling a friend about my discovery of the three songs, that I believe go together. I also believe there is more to it and like some one has mentioned before as in the entire album. It seems to regress or de-evolve from begining to the end. Thanks for posting people. It just brings out ideas and lets you dive deeper.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

I was just telling a friend about my discovery of the three songs, that I believe go together. I also believe there is more to it and like some one has mentioned before as in the entire album. It seems to regress or de-evolve from begining to the end. Thanks for posting people. It just brings out ideas and lets you dive deeper.
3rdi(O)
05-17-2006, 09:09 PM

My personal perspective here is that in Lost Keys the doctor that is mentioned is Dr. Lawson. I think this is important because Dr. Lawson believed in the "Birth Memories Hypothesis".
"The birth memory hypothesis asserts that some alien abduction experiences are a spontaneous involuntary fantasized sequence of images and events unconsciously based on the witness’ own prenatal or birth memories."

I have been trying to figure out how exactly this works with Rosetta Stoned because it seems like there is some connection here, so I am curious if this sparks any ideas for anyone.

One thing I see in relation to this is the fetal spooning lyric. I'm still trying to make more connections and can make some stretches, but don't want to clutter up the board with too much theory.

talk amongst yourselves.....

Here is the link for Lawson: http://all.net/journal/deception/MKULTRA/www.vegan.swinternet.co.uk/articles/conspiracies/milabs.html
The info on him is near the bottom of the article.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

My personal perspective here is that in Lost Keys the doctor that is mentioned is Dr. Lawson. I think this is important because Dr. Lawson believed in the "Birth Memories Hypothesis".
"The birth memory hypothesis asserts that some alien abduction experiences are a spontaneous involuntary fantasized sequence of images and events unconsciously based on the witness’ own prenatal or birth memories."

I have been trying to figure out how exactly this works with Rosetta Stoned because it seems like there is some connection here, so I am curious if this sparks any ideas for anyone.

One thing I see in relation to this is the fetal spooning lyric. I'm still trying to make more connections and can make some stretches, but don't want to clutter up the board with too much theory.

talk amongst yourselves.....

Here is the link for Lawson: http://all.net/journal/deception/MKULTRA/www.vegan.swinternet.co.uk/articles/conspiracies/milabs.html
The info on him is near the bottom of the article.
e1minsterz's Avatar e1minsterz
05-17-2006, 09:24 PM

you can hear the patient breathing behind the nurse and the doctor talking. not behind in the sense of where he is necessarily, but behind the voices. perhaps this is obvious, but i think LK and RS are most definately related. also, perhaps you don't know this but Dr. Albert Hofmann is known as the father of LSD (creator). This guy was totally on acid, had a mind-altering experience and in this experience some shit happened and as in a dream, the last part of the experience was cut off. he can't remember what the aliens said because 1) it didn't really happen, 2) he wanted the attention "this shit enver happens to me" so he thought up this elaborate story and obviously he couldn't have a legit ending because that would actually lead him to solving world problems etc. etc.

similar things have happened while i was stoned, I was convinced in my own head that I could quantify and mathematically prove every natural phenomina in nature. Obviously upon recollection I couldn't at all. just my brain was stupid enough to wrap itself around that concept.

i'm new so be nice.

edit: natural phenomina in nature...? i know

Last edited by e1minsterz; 05-18-2006 at 06:48 AM..
Old 05-17-2006, 09:24 PM   #25
Level 3 - Talker

you can hear the patient breathing behind the nurse and the doctor talking. not behind in the sense of where he is necessarily, but behind the voices. perhaps this is obvious, but i think LK and RS are most definately related. also, perhaps you don't know this but Dr. Albert Hofmann is known as the father of LSD (creator). This guy was totally on acid, had a mind-altering experience and in this experience some shit happened and as in a dream, the last part of the experience was cut off. he can't remember what the aliens said because 1) it didn't really happen, 2) he wanted the attention "this shit enver happens to me" so he thought up this elaborate story and obviously he couldn't have a legit ending because that would actually lead him to solving world problems etc. etc.

similar things have happened while i was stoned, I was convinced in my own head that I could quantify and mathematically prove every natural phenomina in nature. Obviously upon recollection I couldn't at all. just my brain was stupid enough to wrap itself around that concept.

i'm new so be nice.

edit: natural phenomina in nature...? i know

Last edited by e1minsterz; 05-18-2006 at 06:48 AM..
Tom Morello
05-18-2006, 05:30 AM

http://www.distortiononline.com/cont...php?showID=681

Being related to "The Pot" makes more sense though.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:30 AM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

http://www.distortiononline.com/cont...php?showID=681

Being related to "The Pot" makes more sense though.
deps
05-18-2006, 01:46 PM

i've got my own sixth cents about it....

lipan is as we all know danny carey's song. But taken from an outsiders view of the three songs i begin to realize, in my own opinion, that it could be The John Doe's Attempt at trying to contact the beings. Maybe he's been told that if you rain dance the people from the sky will come. Why else would you be at area 51 at your spot with food? Certainly not to play poker with a coyote.

now upon an attempt at contact, John Doe actaully gets abducted, hence, the missing time.

Then Appears at some hospital freaked out of his mind realizing what has happened and the rest of the story unfolds....

i'd be willing to bet that would be the last time one would visit area 51, shitting my bed is not my favorite past time
Old 05-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

i've got my own sixth cents about it....

lipan is as we all know danny carey's song. But taken from an outsiders view of the three songs i begin to realize, in my own opinion, that it could be The John Doe's Attempt at trying to contact the beings. Maybe he's been told that if you rain dance the people from the sky will come. Why else would you be at area 51 at your spot with food? Certainly not to play poker with a coyote.

now upon an attempt at contact, John Doe actaully gets abducted, hence, the missing time.

Then Appears at some hospital freaked out of his mind realizing what has happened and the rest of the story unfolds....

i'd be willing to bet that would be the last time one would visit area 51, shitting my bed is not my favorite past time
turok2step
05-18-2006, 01:59 PM

Yea, he's still in some sort of psychosis after his insane experience. LSD isn't a narcotic. People who do acid and end up in hospitals are idiots and shouldnt do acid in the first place; those sort of people do it for all the wrong reasons, its just another way of "getting fucked up" to them.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:59 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

Yea, he's still in some sort of psychosis after his insane experience. LSD isn't a narcotic. People who do acid and end up in hospitals are idiots and shouldnt do acid in the first place; those sort of people do it for all the wrong reasons, its just another way of "getting fucked up" to them.
HanInCarbonite's Avatar HanInCarbonite
05-18-2006, 06:02 PM

Does LSD make you "shit the bed" though?
Old 05-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
05-18-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoScopicLenses
No shit, Sherlock.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:06 PM   #30
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoScopicLenses
No shit, Sherlock.
prater
05-19-2006, 10:55 AM

I think he was probably using LSD but that still doesn't explain how he wound up in a hospital without anyone in the staff knowing how he got there or whats wrong with him, even he was in shock or tripping balls ER staff would know what to do thus it would be that big a deal and definatly would not stump a doctor. IMO I believe he was using LSD in an attempt to find some sort of enlightenment or greater understanding of the world, then out of nowhere these beings abduct him and give him the enlightenment and answers he was trying to find with his "need to know potion" and send him back. But ironically the drugs he was using in an attempt to gain this knowledge are the very thing that kept him from comprehending/remembering what they told him.

From this day forward I will ALWAYS carry a pen!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #31
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I think he was probably using LSD but that still doesn't explain how he wound up in a hospital without anyone in the staff knowing how he got there or whats wrong with him, even he was in shock or tripping balls ER staff would know what to do thus it would be that big a deal and definatly would not stump a doctor. IMO I believe he was using LSD in an attempt to find some sort of enlightenment or greater understanding of the world, then out of nowhere these beings abduct him and give him the enlightenment and answers he was trying to find with his "need to know potion" and send him back. But ironically the drugs he was using in an attempt to gain this knowledge are the very thing that kept him from comprehending/remembering what they told him.

From this day forward I will ALWAYS carry a pen!
e1minsterz's Avatar e1minsterz
05-20-2006, 09:40 AM

that sounds logical, prater, but aliens don't exist. i believe so at least. if they are meant to be matephorical then i'm not quite sure what they are referencing. i believe J. Doe had a halucory experience. perhaps he took acid in an attempt to contqact aliens, but i highly doubt it. like i said before he is a high school dropout so the thought of an "enlightening experience" is highly unlikely to be the case. In so many words, i believe this entire story was imagined and did not, in fact, happen in reality. as far as the doctors being stumped, i believe J. Doe is psychologically incurring these feelings on himself. also, if he had a pen, what good would it do strapped to a bed? thanks
Old 05-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #32
Level 3 - Talker

that sounds logical, prater, but aliens don't exist. i believe so at least. if they are meant to be matephorical then i'm not quite sure what they are referencing. i believe J. Doe had a halucory experience. perhaps he took acid in an attempt to contqact aliens, but i highly doubt it. like i said before he is a high school dropout so the thought of an "enlightening experience" is highly unlikely to be the case. In so many words, i believe this entire story was imagined and did not, in fact, happen in reality. as far as the doctors being stumped, i believe J. Doe is psychologically incurring these feelings on himself. also, if he had a pen, what good would it do strapped to a bed? thanks
05-20-2006, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanInCarbonite
it can make you lose any relationship to your own reality, and hence body, so yeah, i guarantee you plenty of stupid acidheads have shat themselves.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:50 PM   #33
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanInCarbonite
it can make you lose any relationship to your own reality, and hence body, so yeah, i guarantee you plenty of stupid acidheads have shat themselves.
05-24-2006, 12:48 PM

Has anyone actually done the sound editing?
I have found that if you play "10,000 days (Wings II) along with Viginti Tres then Wings I you get the combination result of the songs. Much like you get a 3D image when looking at the albulm art. Gotta watch these guys they are upping difficulty level of these interpretations so we must up our research and efforts.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:48 PM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

Has anyone actually done the sound editing?
I have found that if you play "10,000 days (Wings II) along with Viginti Tres then Wings I you get the combination result of the songs. Much like you get a 3D image when looking at the albulm art. Gotta watch these guys they are upping difficulty level of these interpretations so we must up our research and efforts.
05-24-2006, 03:07 PM

Maybe the doctors and stuff don't have any ID for this guy because these aliens dropped him off, taking everything off him but the clothes on his back.

Just a thought.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Maybe the doctors and stuff don't have any ID for this guy because these aliens dropped him off, taking everything off him but the clothes on his back.

Just a thought.
Caduceus11's Avatar Caduceus11
05-24-2006, 03:32 PM

That's what I always thought....but lets delve deeper...maybe its because "The Chosen One" is not from our system of ID's. Now that he's the chosen one he's different---changed. ANd I think that in itself coincides with the "I forgot my pen" line of the song. "I forgot my pen" means much more than what the literal interpretation offers. To me its a helpless cry for resolve. He SO wants to explain it all but can't because he couldn't "write it down" or "remember" it. His omission of the pen is his criticism of his own character whom is unworthy to be the chosen one; unfit to bear this burden.
He's unidentified much in the same way that he's unworthy---he's no one; a nobody.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #36
Level 7 - Loquacious

That's what I always thought....but lets delve deeper...maybe its because "The Chosen One" is not from our system of ID's. Now that he's the chosen one he's different---changed. ANd I think that in itself coincides with the "I forgot my pen" line of the song. "I forgot my pen" means much more than what the literal interpretation offers. To me its a helpless cry for resolve. He SO wants to explain it all but can't because he couldn't "write it down" or "remember" it. His omission of the pen is his criticism of his own character whom is unworthy to be the chosen one; unfit to bear this burden.
He's unidentified much in the same way that he's unworthy---he's no one; a nobody.
05-28-2006, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1minsterz

WETHER ALIENS ACTUALLY EXIST OR NOT, AND WETHER OR NOT THE ABDUCTION ACTUALLY OCCURED, IS NOT THE POINT. THE POINT IS THAT OUR NARRATOR HAS ADMITTED TO USING THE BLOTTER. IN KNOWING THAT HE HAS "OPENED HIS 3RD EYE {my personal belief of what an acid trip is}, WE KNOW THAT HE IS TRIPPING. WE KNOW THAT BLOTTER IS LSD IN A POWERFUL DOSE, SO KNOW KNOW HE'S TRIPPING HARD! SO EVEN IF ITS JUST A HALLUCINATION, TO THE NARRATOR ITS REAL. IN HIS MIND FROM NOW AND TO THE DAY HE DIES, WILL BELIEVE THAT HE WAS ABDUCTED BY ALIENS.
ACID IS A NEAT, BUT POWERFUL DRUG. IT WAS A LOT OF FUN YEARS AGO, BUT I DON'T THINK I'LL OPEN MY THIRD EYE THAT WAY AGAIN....AS MAYNARD SAYS, WE CAN DO IT WITHOUT THE DRUGS....
Old 05-28-2006, 07:20 AM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1minsterz

WETHER ALIENS ACTUALLY EXIST OR NOT, AND WETHER OR NOT THE ABDUCTION ACTUALLY OCCURED, IS NOT THE POINT. THE POINT IS THAT OUR NARRATOR HAS ADMITTED TO USING THE BLOTTER. IN KNOWING THAT HE HAS "OPENED HIS 3RD EYE {my personal belief of what an acid trip is}, WE KNOW THAT HE IS TRIPPING. WE KNOW THAT BLOTTER IS LSD IN A POWERFUL DOSE, SO KNOW KNOW HE'S TRIPPING HARD! SO EVEN IF ITS JUST A HALLUCINATION, TO THE NARRATOR ITS REAL. IN HIS MIND FROM NOW AND TO THE DAY HE DIES, WILL BELIEVE THAT HE WAS ABDUCTED BY ALIENS.
ACID IS A NEAT, BUT POWERFUL DRUG. IT WAS A LOT OF FUN YEARS AGO, BUT I DON'T THINK I'LL OPEN MY THIRD EYE THAT WAY AGAIN....AS MAYNARD SAYS, WE CAN DO IT WITHOUT THE DRUGS....
05-28-2006, 10:24 AM

IMO the LSD theory is difficult to disprove. Far to much evidence to point you in that direction ( i.e. orange slices, deadhead chemistry, feet cold and eyes red, I’m out of my head, Rosetta STONED) I think that this song was suppose to create the feel of what most frantic abductees sound like. Passionate and real. The interesting part about this combo of songs is that it allows you to look at it from multiple perspectives, and that is where I think its greatest strength is. You can listen to this song as if he is telling the complete truth, you can listen to the song through the eye off sympathy for a drug-addled man or you can combine the two and try to find the fact from fiction. As much fun as it is to dive deep into this song (as I completely know) I think we all need to keep in the back of our heads that the song is suppose to be doing this to us and may have been created to make us salivate over the possibilities. Whatever you believe in your own head we can all agree that Tool has done a remarkable thing with this song, they have created a living breathing character who feels embraced, scared, joyful, panicked, godlike, all the while being completely lost. As far as I know this kind of music has little been touched since albums like 'The Wall’.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #38
Level 4 - Thinker

IMO the LSD theory is difficult to disprove. Far to much evidence to point you in that direction ( i.e. orange slices, deadhead chemistry, feet cold and eyes red, I’m out of my head, Rosetta STONED) I think that this song was suppose to create the feel of what most frantic abductees sound like. Passionate and real. The interesting part about this combo of songs is that it allows you to look at it from multiple perspectives, and that is where I think its greatest strength is. You can listen to this song as if he is telling the complete truth, you can listen to the song through the eye off sympathy for a drug-addled man or you can combine the two and try to find the fact from fiction. As much fun as it is to dive deep into this song (as I completely know) I think we all need to keep in the back of our heads that the song is suppose to be doing this to us and may have been created to make us salivate over the possibilities. Whatever you believe in your own head we can all agree that Tool has done a remarkable thing with this song, they have created a living breathing character who feels embraced, scared, joyful, panicked, godlike, all the while being completely lost. As far as I know this kind of music has little been touched since albums like 'The Wall’.
05-28-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumble
.... Whatever you believe in your own head we can all agree that Tool has done a remarkable thing with this song, they have created a living breathing character who feels embraced, scared, joyful, panicked, godlike, all the while being completely lost. As far as I know this kind of music has little been touched since albums like 'The Wall’.

i AM A HUGE PINK FLOYD FAN AND GIVE THAT BAND UPMOST RESPECT ON MY LIST OF BEST BANDS EVER. THE THING IS THAT NO MATTER WHICH WAY I SORT THE LIST, TOOL IS ALWAYS ON TOP.

MAYNARD HAS SURPASSED ANY LEVEL OF SONGWRITING EVER ACHEIVED.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE ENTIRE POST QUOTED ABOVE AND YOU MY FRIEND HAVE APPARENTLY OPENED YOU 3RD EYE AS WELL...
Old 05-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #39
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumble
.... Whatever you believe in your own head we can all agree that Tool has done a remarkable thing with this song, they have created a living breathing character who feels embraced, scared, joyful, panicked, godlike, all the while being completely lost. As far as I know this kind of music has little been touched since albums like 'The Wall’.

i AM A HUGE PINK FLOYD FAN AND GIVE THAT BAND UPMOST RESPECT ON MY LIST OF BEST BANDS EVER. THE THING IS THAT NO MATTER WHICH WAY I SORT THE LIST, TOOL IS ALWAYS ON TOP.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE ENTIRE POST QUOTED ABOVE AND YOU MY FRIEND HAVE APPARENTLY OPENED YOU 3RD EYE AS WELL...
05-28-2006, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus11

I'm not sure if you noticed it, but it looks like your caps lock button is stuck...
Old 05-28-2006, 02:32 PM   #40
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus11

I'm not sure if you noticed it, but it looks like your caps lock button is stuck...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply