Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
04-19-2006, 12:08 AM

Goddamn are those some of the best lyrics ive ever read.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:08 AM   #41
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11
Re: lyrics

Goddamn are those some of the best lyrics ive ever read.
OFFLINE |  
AgentDMT
04-19-2006, 12:49 AM

Seriously. I could barely understand what he was saying the first time I heard the song, but when I heard the you're going home I got chills... Listened to it again... got chills... read the lyrics... got chills... this song is fucking unreal. it makes me want to call my mother and tell her i love her. too bad its 4am.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:49 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Seriously. I could barely understand what he was saying the first time I heard the song, but when I heard the you're going home I got chills... Listened to it again... got chills... read the lyrics... got chills... this song is fucking unreal. it makes me want to call my mother and tell her i love her. too bad its 4am.
OFFLINE |  
Scrunzset's Avatar Scrunzset
04-19-2006, 01:33 AM

I know I'll be crying when I hear this live... hope Maynard decides to do it.... it probably will happen.... they're the type to completely bare their souls to the audience and it'll bring everyone closer together. I've always come very close to crying (such as hearing "Disposition" or the origins for "Wings") while seeing them live.... but somehow I know I'll be bawling when they play this song.

BEST TOOL SONG EVER.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:33 AM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

I know I'll be crying when I hear this live... hope Maynard decides to do it.... it probably will happen.... they're the type to completely bare their souls to the audience and it'll bring everyone closer together. I've always come very close to crying (such as hearing "Disposition" or the origins for "Wings") while seeing them live.... but somehow I know I'll be bawling when they play this song.

BEST TOOL SONG EVER.
04-19-2006, 01:40 AM

jesus, i feel stupid, im crying plenty right now. this pair of songs REALLY hit home for me in a really difficult way... my father died in november after about 14 years of serious depression, extreme alcoholism, inabilty to work, and 3 years before he died, he got in a terrible accident, and never recovered enough to even walk decently again... this one means a hell of a lot to me... it's almost like it's kind of making me face it for the first time, in a different way...
Old 04-19-2006, 01:40 AM   #44
Paradigm Shifter (tdn $upporter)

jesus, i feel stupid, im crying plenty right now. this pair of songs REALLY hit home for me in a really difficult way... my father died in november after about 14 years of serious depression, extreme alcoholism, inabilty to work, and 3 years before he died, he got in a terrible accident, and never recovered enough to even walk decently again... this one means a hell of a lot to me... it's almost like it's kind of making me face it for the first time, in a different way...
04-19-2006, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDMT
Fucking exactly... I have nothing to add to this that hasn't already been said... but I want to post the lyrics again... because I want to read them as many times as possible in this thread... BEST TOOL SONG EVER!

Listen to the tales and romanticize,
How we follow the path of the hero.
Boast about the day when the rivers overrun.
How we rised to the height of our halo.

Listen to the tales as we all rationalize
Our way into the arms of the savior,
Fading all the trials and the tribulations,
None of us have actually been there,
Not like you.

Ignorant fibbers in the congregation,
Gather around spewing sympathy,
Spare me.
None of them can even hold a candle up to you.
Blinded by choices, hippocrites won't seek.

But, nothing but the [?] of judas,
Who could deny you were the one who would have made it,
You'll have a piece of the divine.

This little light of mine it gives your past unto me,
I'll let it shine,
To guide you safely on your way,
Your way home...

Ohh, what are they going to do when the lights go down
Without you to guide them all to Zion?
What are they going to do when the rivers overrun
Other than tremble incessantly?

High as a wave, but I'll rise on up off the ground.
You are the light and the way, they'll only read about.
I only pray, God knows when to lift you out.
Ten thousand days in the fire is long enough, you're going home.

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I have come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now! My time now!
Give me my, give me my wings."

Give me my x5
Give me my wings.

You are the light and way, that they will only read about.

Set as I am in my wings and my arrogance,
Burning all through tossed upon the believers

You were my witness,
My eyes, my evidence,
Judith Marie, unconditional one.

Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescence.
Difficult to see you in this light.
Please forgive this bold suggestion:
Should you see your Maker's face tonight,
Look Him in the eye, look Him in the eye, and tell Him:
I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one.
Hallelujah, its time for you to bring me home.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:49 AM   #45
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDMT
Fucking exactly... I have nothing to add to this that hasn't already been said... but I want to post the lyrics again... because I want to read them as many times as possible in this thread... BEST TOOL SONG EVER!

Listen to the tales and romanticize,
How we follow the path of the hero.
Boast about the day when the rivers overrun.
How we rised to the height of our halo.

Listen to the tales as we all rationalize
Our way into the arms of the savior,
Fading all the trials and the tribulations,
None of us have actually been there,
Not like you.

Ignorant fibbers in the congregation,
Gather around spewing sympathy,
Spare me.
None of them can even hold a candle up to you.
Blinded by choices, hippocrites won't seek.

But, nothing but the [?] of judas,
Who could deny you were the one who would have made it,
You'll have a piece of the divine.

This little light of mine it gives your past unto me,
I'll let it shine,
To guide you safely on your way,
Your way home...

Ohh, what are they going to do when the lights go down
Without you to guide them all to Zion?
What are they going to do when the rivers overrun
Other than tremble incessantly?

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I have come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now! My time now!
Give me my, give me my wings."

Give me my x5
Give me my wings.

You are the light and way, that they will only read about.

Set as I am in my wings and my arrogance,
Burning all through tossed upon the believers

You were my witness,
My eyes, my evidence,
Judith Marie, unconditional one.

Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescence.
Difficult to see you in this light.
Please forgive this bold suggestion:
Should you see your Maker's face tonight,
Look Him in the eye, look Him in the eye, and tell Him:
I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one.
Hallelujah, its time for you to bring me home.
OFFLINE |  
tomadde
04-19-2006, 01:52 AM

Although it's a total different context, this song reminds me of the battle my father fought when he was dying of lungcancer ...

I'm not american or english, so i didn't understand the lyrics very good when i heard it the first time ... but reading them and listening to the song again just made me burst into tears.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:52 AM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

Although it's a total different context, this song reminds me of the battle my father fought when he was dying of lungcancer ...

I'm not american or english, so i didn't understand the lyrics very good when i heard it the first time ... but reading them and listening to the song again just made me burst into tears.
OFFLINE |  
harmonyofdissonance's Avatar harmonyofdissonance
04-19-2006, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomadde

just like i did, my mother died of breastcancer... This song has already a deep personal meaning for me
Old 04-19-2006, 01:58 AM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomadde

just like i did, my mother died of breastcancer... This song has already a deep personal meaning for me
OFFLINE |  
Elgyn's Avatar Elgyn
04-19-2006, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Æmitis
I'm not hearing 'god' here... Allah maybe, but not god.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:58 AM   #48
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Æmitis
I'm not hearing 'god' here... Allah maybe, but not god.
04-19-2006, 02:02 AM

Wow.

What can I say that hasn't been said?

Contender for my favorite song ever.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:02 AM   #49
Level 4 - Thinker

Wow.

What can I say that hasn't been said?

Contender for my favorite song ever.
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 02:22 AM

Shit, I keep listening to this song over and over and over and OVER AND OVER again and I just cry that much harder... I was one of those people who thought "no way could they top Lateralus" but I was sorely mistaken. I would've been completely satisfied if they only released these two songs and nothing else.

Thanks a lot for making me cry, guys! I was stoked enough to hear this piece of music evolve from the Lalteralus tour... but now you've gone and made the song about a million times more meaningful. =P
Old 04-19-2006, 02:22 AM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Shit, I keep listening to this song over and over and over and OVER AND OVER again and I just cry that much harder... I was one of those people who thought "no way could they top Lateralus" but I was sorely mistaken. I would've been completely satisfied if they only released these two songs and nothing else.

Thanks a lot for making me cry, guys! I was stoked enough to hear this piece of music evolve from the Lalteralus tour... but now you've gone and made the song about a million times more meaningful. =P
04-19-2006, 03:45 AM

Old picture I just found. I guess we found the source of some of the lyrics.

http://www.toolband.com/images/judith.jpg

can I say again how fucking rediculous this song is?
Old 04-19-2006, 03:45 AM   #51
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Old picture I just found. I guess we found the source of some of the lyrics.

http://www.toolband.com/images/judith.jpg

can I say again how fucking rediculous this song is?
OFFLINE |  
Lupin
04-19-2006, 04:09 AM

All of this talk about crying makes me think a lot of you are a bunch of emo pussies. /wrists please.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:09 AM   #52
Level 3 - Talker

All of this talk about crying makes me think a lot of you are a bunch of emo pussies. /wrists please.
OFFLINE |  
FistFck's Avatar FistFck
04-19-2006, 04:09 AM

thanks for finding that picture. i never saw the original post when she passed away.
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
Old 04-19-2006, 04:09 AM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

thanks for finding that picture. i never saw the original post when she passed away.
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
OFFLINE |  
auralassassin
04-19-2006, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
step out of this thread, son.

this song obviously deals with the issue of loss, which some feel more deeply than others. There is no room for that kind of rhetoric here.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:11 AM   #54
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin

this song obviously deals with the issue of loss, which some feel more deeply than others. There is no room for that kind of rhetoric here.
OFFLINE |  
tomatoms's Avatar tomatoms
04-19-2006, 04:14 AM

I haven't heard it, or the new album yet, but this line:

"I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one."

Made my stomach sink. esp. in tandem with this one:

"This little light of mine it gives your past unto me, I'll let it shine, To guide you safely on your way, Your way home..."

PS. I cry.

Oh, and also, just incase anybody gets all up in arms about the father/son/spirit thing as if it means maynard is religious, or a christian (*shudders*) just know that this ancient holy trinity originated in pagan myth, which was robbed of its identity by the christian religion. my take, LUCIFER is our Father, who has a son, and the spirit is the soul through IT that we all share.

Last edited by tomatoms; 04-19-2006 at 04:21 AM..
Old 04-19-2006, 04:14 AM   #55
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9

I haven't heard it, or the new album yet, but this line:

"I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one."

Made my stomach sink. esp. in tandem with this one:

"This little light of mine it gives your past unto me, I'll let it shine, To guide you safely on your way, Your way home..."

PS. I cry.

Oh, and also, just incase anybody gets all up in arms about the father/son/spirit thing as if it means maynard is religious, or a christian (*shudders*) just know that this ancient holy trinity originated in pagan myth, which was robbed of its identity by the christian religion. my take, LUCIFER is our Father, who has a son, and the spirit is the soul through IT that we all share.

Last edited by tomatoms; 04-19-2006 at 04:21 AM..
OFFLINE |  
FistFck's Avatar FistFck
04-19-2006, 04:34 AM

i think someone else posted this before about references to christianity. frankly i dont really care if maynard had referenced it, but seeing as how this is a tribute to his mother, i think people shouldnt really step on the song for having christian references seeing as how maynard obviously including things that he felt were significant to her, and his relationship with her.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:34 AM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

i think someone else posted this before about references to christianity. frankly i dont really care if maynard had referenced it, but seeing as how this is a tribute to his mother, i think people shouldnt really step on the song for having christian references seeing as how maynard obviously including things that he felt were significant to her, and his relationship with her.
OFFLINE |  
Lupin
04-19-2006, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralassassin

lol =)
I had a response for you, but I'm just gonna say fuck it and I'll step out of the thread.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:43 AM   #57
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

lol =)
I had a response for you, but I'm just gonna say fuck it and I'll step out of the thread.
OFFLINE |  
auralassassin
04-19-2006, 04:44 AM

someone and myself were PMing each other about this and the first part of this track and he made the statement that I think needs to be here, because it's a VERY good point:

Quote:
I really enjoy how the theme in Judith is that according to his Mother, since God is all powerful, he had the power to cause your stroke, so he must have done it to you... its a negative side to her religion... but in Wings for Marie it shows how he has thought the concept through a little more, and that although God may have caused her stroke, she has proven herself through love and faith to be worthy of entering Zion.. its as if he is completely examining the double edge sword of her belief... although she lost her legs (which he saw as intially bad) she has eternity of peace (which he now sees as the reason for her continued faith and recognizes how this made her such a great individual).

really its just an amazing song by itself, but juxtaposed with Judith and its an epic song of personal growth and understanding.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:44 AM   #58
Banned.

someone and myself were PMing each other about this and the first part of this track and he made the statement that I think needs to be here, because it's a VERY good point:

Quote:
I really enjoy how the theme in Judith is that according to his Mother, since God is all powerful, he had the power to cause your stroke, so he must have done it to you... its a negative side to her religion... but in Wings for Marie it shows how he has thought the concept through a little more, and that although God may have caused her stroke, she has proven herself through love and faith to be worthy of entering Zion.. its as if he is completely examining the double edge sword of her belief... although she lost her legs (which he saw as intially bad) she has eternity of peace (which he now sees as the reason for her continued faith and recognizes how this made her such a great individual).

really its just an amazing song by itself, but juxtaposed with Judith and its an epic song of personal growth and understanding.
OFFLINE |  
slicknickshady's Avatar slicknickshady
04-19-2006, 04:53 AM

Quote:

That statement he made was a good one.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:53 AM   #59
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832

Quote:

That statement he made was a good one.
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 09:32 AM

I think it's:

"But nothing but the collective, Judith"
Old 04-19-2006, 09:32 AM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

I think it's:

04-19-2006, 09:39 AM

are we sure its "judith marie, unconditional one" ? 'one' defenietly sounds like 'love' to me. it's 8:46 in the song if anyone wants to double check.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:39 AM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

are we sure its "judith marie, unconditional one" ? 'one' defenietly sounds like 'love' to me. it's 8:46 in the song if anyone wants to double check.
OFFLINE |  
Sandbox Magician
04-19-2006, 10:32 AM

Everything - the song, the lyrics, utterly mezmerising.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #62
Level 3 - Talker

Everything - the song, the lyrics, utterly mezmerising.
OFFLINE |  
Parabolic's Avatar Parabolic
04-19-2006, 11:32 AM

can you at least fix the grammar to "you're" instead of "your"
Old 04-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #63
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9

can you at least fix the grammar to "you're" instead of "your"
OFFLINE |  
Hodge
04-19-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrunzset
I was one of those people who thought "no way could they top Lateralus" but I was sorely mistaken. P
i agree, this is the finest piece of music I have ever heard
Old 04-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #64
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

Quote:
I was one of those people who thought "no way could they top Lateralus" but I was sorely mistaken. P
i agree, this is the finest piece of music I have ever heard
OFFLINE |  
zac's Avatar zac
04-19-2006, 11:50 AM

I liked it before I read they lyrics.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #65
zac
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I liked it before I read they lyrics.
OFFLINE |  
toology514's Avatar toology514
04-19-2006, 12:59 PM

just finished my first listen, i think i might cry.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #66
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 59

just finished my first listen, i think i might cry.
OFFLINE |  
hbynoe's Avatar hbynoe
04-19-2006, 01:33 PM

how perfect...how....perfect is this?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:33 PM   #67
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

how perfect...how....perfect is this?
04-19-2006, 01:44 PM

Notice how the order of the lyrics, Spirit, Son and Father is ascending. Details, details...
Old 04-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #68
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Notice how the order of the lyrics, Spirit, Son and Father is ascending. Details, details...
04-19-2006, 02:17 PM

WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO WHEN THE LIGHTS GO DOWN
Old 04-19-2006, 02:17 PM   #69
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO WHEN THE LIGHTS GO DOWN
04-19-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I think it's:

I definately hear collective too, But I thought:

"But nothing but the collective Judas
Could deny you were the one who would have made it"

Makes a lot of sense to me
Allow me to make another suggestion:

"I only pray heaven knows when to lift you out"
Old 04-19-2006, 02:20 PM   #70
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I think it's:

I definately hear collective too, But I thought:

"But nothing but the collective Judas
Could deny you were the one who would have made it"

Makes a lot of sense to me
Allow me to make another suggestion:

"I only pray heaven knows when to lift you out"
OFFLINE |  
Viginti Tres
04-19-2006, 02:28 PM

fucking beautiful song

reminds me of my dad's situation with my grandma =/

moved me to the point where my eyes welled up with tears
Old 04-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #71
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

fucking beautiful song

reminds me of my dad's situation with my grandma =/

moved me to the point where my eyes welled up with tears
04-19-2006, 02:43 PM

i've got this

10,000 Days

Listen to the tales and romanticise how we follow the path of the hero. Boast about the day when the rivers overrun. How we rise to the height of our halo. Listen to the tales as we all rationalise. Our way into the arms of the saviour. Fading all the trials and the tribulations. None of us have actually been there not like you. Ignorant fibbers in the congregation gather around spewing sympathy, Spare me. None of them can even hold a candle up to you. Blinded by choices, hypocrites won't seek. But, nothing but the collective Judas’, Who could deny you were the one who would have made it, you'll have a piece of the divine. This little light of mine it gives your past unto me. I'll let it shine to guide you safely on your way; your way home. What are they going to do when the lights go down without you to guide them all to Zion? What are they going to do when the rivers overrun other than tremble incessantly? High as a wave, but I'll rise on up off the ground. You are the light and the way they'll only read about. I only pray God knows when to lift you out. Ten thousand days in the fire is long enough, you're going home. You're the only one who can hold your head up high, Shake your fists at the gates saying "I have come home now! Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father. Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended. “It's time now! My time now! Give me my, give me my wings. Give me my. Give me my wings.” You are the light and way, that they will only read about. Set as I am in my wings and my arrogance. Burning all through tossed upon the believers. You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence, Judith Marie, unconditional one. Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescence. Difficult to see you in this light. Please forgive this bold suggestion; Should you see your Maker's face tonight, Look Him in the eye, look Him in the eye, and tell Him “I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one. Hallelujah, its time for you to bring me home.”
Old 04-19-2006, 02:43 PM   #72
Level Φ - sXe

Bincount™: 16

i've got this

10,000 Days

Listen to the tales and romanticise how we follow the path of the hero. Boast about the day when the rivers overrun. How we rise to the height of our halo. Listen to the tales as we all rationalise. Our way into the arms of the saviour. Fading all the trials and the tribulations. None of us have actually been there not like you. Ignorant fibbers in the congregation gather around spewing sympathy, Spare me. None of them can even hold a candle up to you. Blinded by choices, hypocrites won't seek. But, nothing but the collective Judas’, Who could deny you were the one who would have made it, you'll have a piece of the divine. This little light of mine it gives your past unto me. I'll let it shine to guide you safely on your way; your way home. What are they going to do when the lights go down without you to guide them all to Zion? What are they going to do when the rivers overrun other than tremble incessantly? High as a wave, but I'll rise on up off the ground. You are the light and the way they'll only read about. I only pray God knows when to lift you out. Ten thousand days in the fire is long enough, you're going home. You're the only one who can hold your head up high, Shake your fists at the gates saying "I have come home now! Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father. Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended. “It's time now! My time now! Give me my, give me my wings. Give me my. Give me my wings.” You are the light and way, that they will only read about. Set as I am in my wings and my arrogance. Burning all through tossed upon the believers. You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence, Judith Marie, unconditional one. Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescence. Difficult to see you in this light. Please forgive this bold suggestion; Should you see your Maker's face tonight, Look Him in the eye, look Him in the eye, and tell Him “I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one. Hallelujah, its time for you to bring me home.”
OFFLINE |  
FistFck's Avatar FistFck
04-19-2006, 05:40 PM

awesome! i think these are complete? great job everyone :)
Old 04-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #73
Level 7 - Loquacious

awesome! i think these are complete? great job everyone :)
OFFLINE |  
spiralout11235's Avatar spiralout11235
04-19-2006, 05:49 PM

Fucking amazing.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #74
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 23

Fucking amazing.
04-19-2006, 05:57 PM

great job on the lyrics guys....pretty dam accurate....almost perfect imo
Old 04-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #75
Level 4 - Thinker

great job on the lyrics guys....pretty dam accurate....almost perfect imo
OFFLINE |  
mystictigress's Avatar mystictigress
04-19-2006, 06:08 PM

When I heard the song it's power immediately hit me but I had no clue what it was about. My train of thought started going the Paradise Lost way for some reason (it may sound crazy but for me it fit especially considering I couldn't understand key lyrics), but now that I've actually read the lyrics they're so bloody gorgeous I can see why they hit me the way they did. Unbelievable. Has to be one of my all time favourite lyrics.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #76
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

When I heard the song it's power immediately hit me but I had no clue what it was about. My train of thought started going the Paradise Lost way for some reason (it may sound crazy but for me it fit especially considering I couldn't understand key lyrics), but now that I've actually read the lyrics they're so bloody gorgeous I can see why they hit me the way they did. Unbelievable. Has to be one of my all time favourite lyrics.
OFFLINE |  
Eon Black Apocalypse's Avatar Eon Black Apocalypse
04-19-2006, 06:14 PM

Hmm...

"Nothing but the [?] of Judas"

I hear:
"Nothing but the collect of Judas"
Old 04-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #77
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Hmm...

"Nothing but the [?] of Judas"

I hear:
"Nothing but the collect of Judas"
FistFck's Avatar FistFck
04-19-2006, 06:24 PM

nothing but the collective judas'
Old 04-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #78
Level 7 - Loquacious

nothing but the collective judas'
OFFLINE |  
dcrumpton
04-19-2006, 06:25 PM

"Set as I am in my wings and my arrogance"
Shouldn't that be
"Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance"
as in the common saying "set in my ways"?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:25 PM   #79
Level 1 - Lurker

"Set as I am in my wings and my arrogance"
Shouldn't that be
"Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance"
as in the common saying "set in my ways"?
OFFLINE |  
Dolophane's Avatar Dolophane
04-19-2006, 06:27 PM

The "nothing but..." line to me sounds like it starts off "But enough about the..."
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Old 04-19-2006, 06:27 PM   #80
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95

The "nothing but..." line to me sounds like it starts off "But enough about the..."
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply