Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Fulcanelli's Avatar Fulcanelli
02-19-2006, 08:47 PM

If you really think about it, this is fake. The guy calls himself Maynard and says that he knows Danny Carey. If he knows Danny Carey well enough to get a promo card then he wouldn't call himself Maynard as an alias (IMO) because it seems disrespectful. Anyway, why would Danny Carey give this guy that information before anyone else? Other than that, he was asked to not scan the card but then why did he tell us the track list and album title... hmmm. Disrespectful, again. No, I'm convinced it's BULLSHIT.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:47 PM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Re: Someone posted a new tracklising+title....

If you really think about it, this is fake. The guy calls himself Maynard and says that he knows Danny Carey. If he knows Danny Carey well enough to get a promo card then he wouldn't call himself Maynard as an alias (IMO) because it seems disrespectful. Anyway, why would Danny Carey give this guy that information before anyone else? Other than that, he was asked to not scan the card but then why did he tell us the track list and album title... hmmm. Disrespectful, again. No, I'm convinced it's BULLSHIT.
OFFLINE |  
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
02-19-2006, 08:48 PM

I'm not saying he's got it down pat, but LK being changed to a title with an M with eight letters could be that Mandalic...

i for one don't believe this track list. It sounds too...I don't know...really fake. The Lucid? That doesn't sound like a Tool song. Maybe more of an APC title, but not Tool. I mean the last APC (real album) was filled with "The" titles. Tool doesn't have many "the" titles. and I hope they don't start now. Agreed some of the titles make sense, but 11 tracks, and "the" used like crazy...I doubt it. But it was a good attempt.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:48 PM   #42
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

I'm not saying he's got it down pat, but LK being changed to a title with an M with eight letters could be that Mandalic...

i for one don't believe this track list. It sounds too...I don't know...really fake. The Lucid? That doesn't sound like a Tool song. Maybe more of an APC title, but not Tool. I mean the last APC (real album) was filled with "The" titles. Tool doesn't have many "the" titles. and I hope they don't start now. Agreed some of the titles make sense, but 11 tracks, and "the" used like crazy...I doubt it. But it was a good attempt.
02-19-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkinet
agreed, because, if you look at the LK post on this forum Laiad Kayenth is mentioned
Are you talking about the post I made in there after I posted this? I only posted that in there because of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcanelli
He's been registered there since 2003. He said he just says he met him before, not that he knows him well.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:54 PM   #43
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkinet
agreed, because, if you look at the LK post on this forum Laiad Kayenth is mentioned
Are you talking about the post I made in there after I posted this? I only posted that in there because of this.

Quote:
He's been registered there since 2003. He said he just says he met him before, not that he knows him well.
02-19-2006, 08:54 PM

To the folks who said it sounded like Lateralus's titles..
I've said this 50 times already... This new album is supposed to be the SEQUEL to Lateralus.. I expect some similarity....

Amd about the M******.. Mandalic is 8 letters, starts with M... They never said that "LK" was dropped.. and theres no way to know that he is referring to the same thing as he was before.. you know how Blair is. I think this is the most plausible yet by far... kind of makes me anxious.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:54 PM   #44
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862

To the folks who said it sounded like Lateralus's titles..
I've said this 50 times already... This new album is supposed to be the SEQUEL to Lateralus.. I expect some similarity....

Amd about the M******.. Mandalic is 8 letters, starts with M... They never said that "LK" was dropped.. and theres no way to know that he is referring to the same thing as he was before.. you know how Blair is. I think this is the most plausible yet by far... kind of makes me anxious.
02-19-2006, 08:56 PM

If it's fake it's a bloody good one.

2 things that come to mind are:

This silkmilk magizain launch held on Feb 18th, surely the members checked it out while doing their promo tour otherwise why would Blair mention it all? this is where the fake Maynard who posted that track listing said he met Danny. Either he did or it's been a well thought out hoax and executed precisely.

And Visceral, although the fake Maynard could be a member of this board and wacked it in with the rest.....so I just don't know.

It seems very plausible, almost to good to be true, but maybe, just maybe, it's real.

If it's a hoax then so be it, life goes on you know, but it will remain a good topic for a few days.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #45
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415

If it's fake it's a bloody good one.

2 things that come to mind are:

This silkmilk magizain launch held on Feb 18th, surely the members checked it out while doing their promo tour otherwise why would Blair mention it all? this is where the fake Maynard who posted that track listing said he met Danny. Either he did or it's been a well thought out hoax and executed precisely.

And Visceral, although the fake Maynard could be a member of this board and wacked it in with the rest.....so I just don't know.

It seems very plausible, almost to good to be true, but maybe, just maybe, it's real.

If it's a hoax then so be it, life goes on you know, but it will remain a good topic for a few days.
kyyuulle's Avatar kyyuulle
02-19-2006, 08:56 PM

"He said expect official info released in the next few days from toolband."

i hope that's true.

but i'm sorry guys this sounds real
Old 02-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

"He said expect official info released in the next few days from toolband."

i hope that's true.

but i'm sorry guys this sounds real
OFFLINE |  
mattw
02-19-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
Agreed some of the titles make sense, but 11 tracks, and "the" used like crazy...I doubt it. But it was a good attempt.
3 out of 11 titles with 'The' in them isn't that bad. And if one song is 17min and another is 10mins, then 11 tracks all up isn't that unbelievable if the album is 79mins in total. Maybe there aren't that many segues etc.

I reckon Blair's inbox is filling up nicely right now. So many questions. Should be interesting to hear from him soon...
22/04/02 Brisbane, 21/01/07 Gold Coast BDO, 24/01/07 Sydney, 25/01/07 Sydney BDO, 31/01/07 Melbourne, 11/07/10 San Francisco, 12/07/10 Sacramento, 14/07/10 San Diego, 24/01/11 Brisbane, 27/04/13 Melbourne, 3/05/13 Sydney, 4/05/13 Sydney, 6/01/16 San Francisco, 7/01/16 San Francisco, 9/01/16 San Diego, 10/01/16 San Diego
Old 02-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
Agreed some of the titles make sense, but 11 tracks, and "the" used like crazy...I doubt it. But it was a good attempt.
3 out of 11 titles with 'The' in them isn't that bad. And if one song is 17min and another is 10mins, then 11 tracks all up isn't that unbelievable if the album is 79mins in total. Maybe there aren't that many segues etc.

I reckon Blair's inbox is filling up nicely right now. So many questions. Should be interesting to hear from him soon...
22/04/02 Brisbane, 21/01/07 Gold Coast BDO, 24/01/07 Sydney, 25/01/07 Sydney BDO, 31/01/07 Melbourne, 11/07/10 San Francisco, 12/07/10 Sacramento, 14/07/10 San Diego, 24/01/11 Brisbane, 27/04/13 Melbourne, 3/05/13 Sydney, 4/05/13 Sydney, 6/01/16 San Francisco, 7/01/16 San Francisco, 9/01/16 San Diego, 10/01/16 San Diego
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
02-19-2006, 08:58 PM

OMG!!!

Look at the site Fulcanelli showed.. metareligion or whatever...
Didnt Blair say something about Phaleg?
Look under the list of olympic spirits...

The more research I do, the more Im beginning to thikn this may actually be valid.. some strange parallels.. Ill post more as I find them.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #48
Level 9 - Obstreperous

OMG!!!

Look at the site Fulcanelli showed.. metareligion or whatever...
Didnt Blair say something about Phaleg?
Look under the list of olympic spirits...

The more research I do, the more Im beginning to thikn this may actually be valid.. some strange parallels.. Ill post more as I find them.
02-19-2006, 09:06 PM

http://www.nwbotanicals.org/vault/wr...iber_laiad.htm

Isnt this the whole idea behind the Silkmilk ritual?

Everything on that page refers to Crowley...
Im telling you, either this maynard figure is a genius, or this is legit.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #49
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Isnt this the whole idea behind the Silkmilk ritual?

Everything on that page refers to Crowley...
Im telling you, either this maynard figure is a genius, or this is legit.
02-19-2006, 09:12 PM

this rumor has me excited though, i can't wait till the day we actually get a confirmed tracklisting and official info
Old 02-19-2006, 09:12 PM   #50
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

this rumor has me excited though, i can't wait till the day we actually get a confirmed tracklisting and official info
OFFLINE |  
Lackymacky's Avatar Lackymacky
02-19-2006, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMZ
life goes on you know

thanks for reminding me, i forgot about life outside of tool!

i really hope its not real.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:14 PM   #51
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

Quote:
life goes on you know

thanks for reminding me, i forgot about life outside of tool!

i really hope its not real.
02-19-2006, 09:16 PM

Quote:
He made me promise not to scan it yet, but he didnt say anything about the info ON the card! :-)
Quote:
When I returned to the patio, a few others arrived, including a runner carrying a couple of cases of beer. Well, well... perhaps there was going to be some kind of soiree, after all. As I greeted a couple of shivering lovelies, Danny emerged from the studio carrying a freshly-burnt disk and disappeared into another room to hear what this latest mix sounded like on a different stereo. I believe he then took it out to the parking lot and played it in someone's car. I don't think he knocked on the doors of any houses in the neighborhood to see what it sounded like on their systems, but I could be wrong, because I know that's what some of the band members did the last time around (It was kind of funny, too - many of these people who didn't even know who Tool were being asked to sign confidentiality agreements.)
I don't think this is it. If Blair says they've been highly secretive with this album (more than with previous ones), why would Danny go ahead and tell soembody all of this stuff?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #52
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
He made me promise not to scan it yet, but he didnt say anything about the info ON the card! :-)
Quote:
When I returned to the patio, a few others arrived, including a runner carrying a couple of cases of beer. Well, well... perhaps there was going to be some kind of soiree, after all. As I greeted a couple of shivering lovelies, Danny emerged from the studio carrying a freshly-burnt disk and disappeared into another room to hear what this latest mix sounded like on a different stereo. I believe he then took it out to the parking lot and played it in someone's car. I don't think he knocked on the doors of any houses in the neighborhood to see what it sounded like on their systems, but I could be wrong, because I know that's what some of the band members did the last time around (It was kind of funny, too - many of these people who didn't even know who Tool were being asked to sign confidentiality agreements.)
I don't think this is it. If Blair says they've been highly secretive with this album (more than with previous ones), why would Danny go ahead and tell soembody all of this stuff?
OFFLINE |  
Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nith Sahor
Not saying he did, but if they are on a promo tour, I think it's ok for info to be given out. I mean, how else can they promote it?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:17 PM   #53
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nith Sahor
Not saying he did, but if they are on a promo tour, I think it's ok for info to be given out. I mean, how else can they promote it?
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
02-19-2006, 09:19 PM

Translated from a german website... only website that google found with the word Kayenth

The airport Kayenth consists of a hard coating track without each buildings, lain next to a Highway intersection in the desert. A somewhat unaccustomed view compared to Europe. Four Corners lies near the point at that the four countries Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and meet Utah.

http://www.flugsport.ch/beitraege/Mexico/nmexico.htm

And if Laiad means secret..(as stated in my above link a few posts back), Kayenth is a hidden airport in New Mexico.. and Faaip De Oiad was the last track on Lateralus, which referred to aliens.. and theres a common tie between New mexico and aliens due to roswell...

come on.. someone else has to see what Im saying here!

Last edited by Systolic; 02-19-2006 at 09:23 PM..
Old 02-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #54
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Translated from a german website... only website that google found with the word Kayenth

The airport Kayenth consists of a hard coating track without each buildings, lain next to a Highway intersection in the desert. A somewhat unaccustomed view compared to Europe. Four Corners lies near the point at that the four countries Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and meet Utah.

And if Laiad means secret..(as stated in my above link a few posts back), Kayenth is a hidden airport in New Mexico.. and Faaip De Oiad was the last track on Lateralus, which referred to aliens.. and theres a common tie between New mexico and aliens due to roswell...

Last edited by Systolic; 02-19-2006 at 09:23 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic
Four Corners lies near the point at that the four countries Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and meet Utah.
Might be because it was translated, but those are states.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:24 PM   #55
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Four Corners lies near the point at that the four countries Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and meet Utah.
02-19-2006, 09:24 PM

What I'm saying is put it back in your pants and settle down. You're setting yourself up for a fall.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:24 PM   #56

Bincount™: 10

What I'm saying is put it back in your pants and settle down. You're setting yourself up for a fall.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
02-19-2006, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep

Maybe, but I've got a feeling about this one.. I havent taken the time to even try researching any of the other bullshit titles we have heard.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #57
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Maybe, but I've got a feeling about this one.. I havent taken the time to even try researching any of the other bullshit titles we have heard.
02-19-2006, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
Yeah I think so.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #58
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Yeah I think so.
02-19-2006, 09:27 PM

Quote:
And why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Good movie.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:27 PM   #59
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Good movie.
Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I actually went to this site now and it sheds some light on Saturn in The Grudge.

Quote:
Aratron is the spirit of Saturn. He can apparently turn anything into stone, turn treasure into coal and coal into treasure, give powerful familiars, teach alchemy and magic, reconciles the spirits of the Earth, make one invisible, make the barren fruitful and prolong life.
Quote:

Good movie.
I love you.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #60
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I actually went to this site now and it sheds some light on Saturn in The Grudge.

Quote:
Aratron is the spirit of Saturn. He can apparently turn anything into stone, turn treasure into coal and coal into treasure, give powerful familiars, teach alchemy and magic, reconciles the spirits of the Earth, make one invisible, make the barren fruitful and prolong life.
Quote:

Good movie.
I love you.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM

Well Im off to bed.. Im sure when I wake the post count for this thread will have tripled.. I'm about 80%convinced this is legit. I have my doubts, but again, theres something compelling about this.

One last thing...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...9-7800c79d6b1b

Take a look at the simiarities in the numbers mentioned in both of the sites. Add up all of the numbers on the left hand side outside of the box and you get 123... the number of the zodiac. Strange stuff.

Last edited by Systolic; 02-19-2006 at 09:36 PM..
Old 02-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #61
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Well Im off to bed.. Im sure when I wake the post count for this thread will have tripled.. I'm about 80%convinced this is legit. I have my doubts, but again, theres something compelling about this.

One last thing...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...9-7800c79d6b1b

Take a look at the simiarities in the numbers mentioned in both of the sites. Add up all of the numbers on the left hand side outside of the box and you get 123... the number of the zodiac. Strange stuff.

Last edited by Systolic; 02-19-2006 at 09:36 PM..
OFFLINE |  
orange.juice's Avatar orange.juice
02-19-2006, 09:50 PM

Look what i´ve just found. Creepy.

http://www.trellian.com/swolf/manual/alderian.jpg
Old 02-19-2006, 09:50 PM   #62
Banned.

Bincount™: 932

OFFLINE |  
Light Reflections
02-19-2006, 09:53 PM

Definitely the most credibile rumour so far. Has me intrigued, that's for sure.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #63
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55

Definitely the most credibile rumour so far. Has me intrigued, that's for sure.
OFFLINE |  
/V\agina's Avatar /V\agina
02-19-2006, 09:53 PM

hmm... the link you posted

doesn't go to the same thing that the link actually links too...

Could it be that you just made that in paint?

....hmm
Old 02-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #64

Bincount™: 22

hmm... the link you posted

doesn't go to the same thing that the link actually links too...

Could it be that you just made that in paint?

....hmm
02-19-2006, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange.juice

Where did you score that from?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #65
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Where did you score that from?
Goldfoot

Quote:

That made me laugh, but you spelled the album name wrong.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #66
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

That made me laugh, but you spelled the album name wrong.

Quote:

r u fucking with us or did u make that?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #67
Banned.

Bincount™: 2701

Quote:

r u fucking with us or did u make that?
OFFLINE |  
moneyisevil's Avatar moneyisevil
02-19-2006, 10:01 PM

also about the confidentiality agreement...im sure alex grey had to sign something but he spilled some beans in the summer...too bad those beans didn flourish..or maybe they did who knows

anyways, im sure someone will sort this out by tomorrow

edit: OR WE COULD ASK HMV...BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY GET THE RIGHT INFO BEFORE ANYONE ELSE DOES
Old 02-19-2006, 10:01 PM   #68
Banned.

also about the confidentiality agreement...im sure alex grey had to sign something but he spilled some beans in the summer...too bad those beans didn flourish..or maybe they did who knows

anyways, im sure someone will sort this out by tomorrow

edit: OR WE COULD ASK HMV...BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY GET THE RIGHT INFO BEFORE ANYONE ELSE DOES
OFFLINE |  
Fulcanelli's Avatar Fulcanelli
02-19-2006, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I know but because this seems to be the best fit so far it has pushed me to think about the source a little. It just doesn't seem right to me how he came across the information. The titles do fit what has been written about by Blair but that may only mean that this individual has done some research. I don't know... we'll soon find out... hopefully tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #69
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
I know but because this seems to be the best fit so far it has pushed me to think about the source a little. It just doesn't seem right to me how he came across the information. The titles do fit what has been written about by Blair but that may only mean that this individual has done some research. I don't know... we'll soon find out... hopefully tomorrow.
OFFLINE |  
moneyisevil's Avatar moneyisevil
02-19-2006, 10:04 PM

i find ur avatar hilarious, but your jokes about the new album are not

i guess it just makes me think how unlikley this is, and how easy it is to doctor-up false information...oh well
Old 02-19-2006, 10:04 PM   #70
Banned.

i find ur avatar hilarious, but your jokes about the new album are not

i guess it just makes me think how unlikley this is, and how easy it is to doctor-up false information...oh well
OFFLINE |  
Underalus's Avatar Underalus
02-19-2006, 10:12 PM

Aldaraia sounds like Alderan, but I do think this sounds convincing. I actually got giddy as I read down and found the song with innitials L.K.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:12 PM   #71
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 67

Aldaraia sounds like Alderan, but I do think this sounds convincing. I actually got giddy as I read down and found the song with innitials L.K.
02-19-2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyisevil
You are learning fast, young Jedi.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #72
Banned.

Quote:
You are learning fast, young Jedi.
OFFLINE |  
Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underalus
Aldaraia sounds like Alderan
I thought the same thing, but it's Alderaan.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:16 PM   #73
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underalus
Aldaraia sounds like Alderan
I thought the same thing, but it's Alderaan.
02-19-2006, 10:18 PM

one day we will find out the real shit and the post count will deffinatley exceed 300...i guran-damn-tee it

also, does kabir know something we don't? let start bothering him
Old 02-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #74
Banned.

one day we will find out the real shit and the post count will deffinatley exceed 300...i guran-damn-tee it

OFFLINE |  
fraz's Avatar fraz
02-19-2006, 10:19 PM

orange juice that was nice work indeed.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:19 PM   #75
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

orange juice that was nice work indeed.
OFFLINE |  
Hodge
02-19-2006, 10:21 PM

man that pic gave me a woody, good job
Old 02-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #76
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

man that pic gave me a woody, good job
OFFLINE |  
Goldfoot
02-19-2006, 10:22 PM

Quote:

If we don't find out soon this one might exceed 300. It's almost to 100 and it's only been three hours.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #77
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

If we don't find out soon this one might exceed 300. It's almost to 100 and it's only been three hours.

Someone with a little more skills could put a few hours into such stuff and we´d all believe it.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #78
Banned.

Someone with a little more skills could put a few hours into such stuff and we´d all believe it.
OFFLINE |  
ARMZ's Avatar ARMZ

Old 02-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #79
Level 9 - Obstreperous

ARMZ's Avatar ARMZ
02-19-2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:

Yes I see what you are saying, it does make sense. So the fake Maynard is really either a genius and masterminded the album name along with the track list OR he really did bump into Danny at the MagiZain launch and Danny gave him a card with info on it.

So for now I'll say that this is all very real. If it isn't, oh well.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #80
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Yes I see what you are saying, it does make sense. So the fake Maynard is really either a genius and masterminded the album name along with the track list OR he really did bump into Danny at the MagiZain launch and Danny gave him a card with info on it.

So for now I'll say that this is all very real. If it isn't, oh well.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply