Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Sleeper0013's Avatar Sleeper0013
04-26-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
can we stop talking about those constantly condescending spirit science videos as if it were gospel or contained more than basic phi-sy(n)cs? i know what phyllotaxis is, i know how sound's monochord works, the framework is clear, these are forces much bigger than us, the town/country we live in, the planet, star system, blah blah blah, in and out ...but so what? the whole thing seems like a 12 year old doing a tasotFOL melchizedek book report on a flash animation program they just got for christmas, even though they don't believe in christmas. the 12 year old isn't thoth, and if i've never met thoth then this guy's never met thoth. Tool: Problem 8 (Reimann hypothesis) Real or fake?
OK first off look at the recent pictures on toolband, specificly the note board they have strategically placed in a photo or 2.

Second I think that what the song means would be more important.
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #161
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13
Re: Tool: Problem 8 (Reimann hypothesis) Real or fake?

Quote:
can we stop talking about those constantly condescending spirit science videos as if it were gospel or contained more than basic phi-sy(n)cs? i know what phyllotaxis is, i know how sound's monochord works, the framework is clear, these are forces much bigger than us, the town/country we live in, the planet, star system, blah blah blah, in and out ...but so what? the whole thing seems like a 12 year old doing a tasotFOL melchizedek book report on a flash animation program they just got for christmas, even though they don't believe in christmas. the 12 year old isn't thoth, and if i've never met thoth then this guy's never met thoth. Tool: Problem 8 (Reimann hypothesis) Real or fake?
OK first off look at the recent pictures on toolband, specificly the note board they have strategically placed in a photo or 2.

All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
frater H's Avatar frater H
04-28-2012, 10:24 AM

does this mean the puzzle is solved or or is there still a hidden track somewhere that needs to be included?
Old 04-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #162
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0

does this mean the puzzle is solved or or is there still a hidden track somewhere that needs to be included?
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
04-28-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper0013 View Post

first off. when you say the note board (showing "problem 8: riemann hypothesis") was "strategically placed" do you mean that it was "IN" the photo? i don't know how we can assume that the track is being rehearsed just because something was shown in the background of a rehearsal image. that's a big jump for me, especially as BMB has mentioned quite clearly that it's been both "professionally recorded" (see: "so long ago in fact...") AND "made available to the public" ...past tense; the track has been done, and it's out there.

as for the second remark... you don't know what the song means because you haven't heard it! are you talking about JUST the title? THAT's "more important"? from BMB: "the length is somewhere in the six-minute range (if my memory serves me correctly), but whatever it is, the exact time had something to do with the unsolved and mysterious nature of the title". it just seems like THAT's what you're after then, and i'm not sure how this is more important than where this track is or what it actually sounds like (!) ...unless, of course, if you believe that this was the hint, the lost key^ to the whereabouts of the hidden track? IS IT THE REFLECTIVE FRACTAL REPRESENTATION OF ITSELF?~! ehm.

let's see... "somewhere in the six-minute range" ..."problem 8: riemann hypothesis" ..."something REALLY special, the rarest collectible of all > the highly sought after, so-called “holy grail” of Tool memorabilia ...one that commands a high price on eBay" ..."keep hunting!"

hmm...

finally, i'm not sure the aenima vinyl was cracked open or actually played (in the footage we saw), but in any case i don't think it would've mattered.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #163
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper0013 View Post

first off. when you say the note board (showing "problem 8: riemann hypothesis") was "strategically placed" do you mean that it was "IN" the photo? i don't know how we can assume that the track is being rehearsed just because something was shown in the background of a rehearsal image. that's a big jump for me, especially as BMB has mentioned quite clearly that it's been both "professionally recorded" (see: "so long ago in fact...") AND "made available to the public" ...past tense; the track has been done, and it's out there.

as for the second remark... you don't know what the song means because you haven't heard it! are you talking about JUST the title? THAT's "more important"? from BMB: "the length is somewhere in the six-minute range (if my memory serves me correctly), but whatever it is, the exact time had something to do with the unsolved and mysterious nature of the title". it just seems like THAT's what you're after then, and i'm not sure how this is more important than where this track is or what it actually sounds like (!) ...unless, of course, if you believe that this was the hint, the lost key^ to the whereabouts of the hidden track? IS IT THE REFLECTIVE FRACTAL REPRESENTATION OF ITSELF?~! ehm.

let's see... "somewhere in the six-minute range" ..."problem 8: riemann hypothesis" ..."something REALLY special, the rarest collectible of all > the highly sought after, so-called “holy grail” of Tool memorabilia ...one that commands a high price on eBay" ..."keep hunting!"

hmm...

finally, i'm not sure the aenima vinyl was cracked open or actually played (in the footage we saw), but in any case i don't think it would've mattered.
04-28-2012, 06:50 PM

problem 8 is a tactic blair and the band are using to create hype in the final months before the album gets released. gives us something to talk about here. otherwise its slamming maynard for being a eunech
Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #164
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

problem 8 is a tactic blair and the band are using to create hype in the final months before the album gets released. gives us something to talk about here. otherwise its slamming maynard for being a eunech
zombie
06-23-2012, 12:34 AM

Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #165
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Location: waiting for your mom to make me some goddamn breakfast
Bincount™: 2

07-14-2012, 12:33 PM

my brain hurts... I saw BMB the other day and I wanted to just ask him.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #166

my brain hurts... I saw BMB the other day and I wanted to just ask him.
07-14-2012, 08:53 PM

NOISE! miliseconds of it.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #167
Level 7 - Loquacious

NOISE! miliseconds of it.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
07-14-2012, 09:05 PM

what if we were looking at the 8 wrong this whole time??

Old 07-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #168
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

what if we were looking at the 8 wrong this whole time??

zombie
07-15-2012, 02:07 PM

I concur
Old 07-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #169

I concur
07-16-2012, 11:43 AM

somewhere in the 6 minute range? is this an album we're to accelerate? 6:66 was the length of vicarious
Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #170
Level 10 - Vehement

somewhere in the 6 minute range? is this an album we're to accelerate? 6:66 was the length of vicarious
07-16-2012, 03:09 PM

holographic space-time jigsaw music, it's about fuckin' time.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #171
Level 10 - Vehement

holographic space-time jigsaw music, it's about fuckin' time.
07-16-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurok View Post
how do you do that?

you keep solving these puzzles here!

good

what can i say?

im the running thelema jenga champion

neurok, we should play sometime!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #172
Up From The Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurok View Post
how do you do that?

you keep solving these puzzles here!

good

what can i say?

im the running thelema jenga champion

neurok, we should play sometime!
tpot's Avatar tpot
09-10-2012, 04:57 PM

Just throwing this out there in case anyone has the means or time to search thusly, but I was listening to Aenima the other night, and noticed a weird sound that I hadn't really previously.

I started thinking to myself, what if a band were to record a whole song, speed it up to the point that it registers a half-second of audio, and stick it in randomly somewhere on a song. What always seemed like an uneven keel piece of percussion is actually an entire tune just lobbed in as a goof.

That's the best I got. Seems almost TOO plausible...

Well, gotta go. Whaddya think I do, sit around and write letters all day?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #173
Level 3 - Talker

Just throwing this out there in case anyone has the means or time to search thusly, but I was listening to Aenima the other night, and noticed a weird sound that I hadn't really previously.

I started thinking to myself, what if a band were to record a whole song, speed it up to the point that it registers a half-second of audio, and stick it in randomly somewhere on a song. What always seemed like an uneven keel piece of percussion is actually an entire tune just lobbed in as a goof.

That's the best I got. Seems almost TOO plausible...

Well, gotta go. Whaddya think I do, sit around and write letters all day?
imaduh
03-22-2013, 11:51 AM

"what if a band were to record a whole song, speed it up to the point that it registers a half-second of audio, and stick it in randomly somewhere on a song. What always seemed like an uneven keel piece of percussion is actually an entire tune just lobbed in as a goof."

This appears the most plausible, hilarious, and fucked. It gets my vote.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #174

"what if a band were to record a whole song, speed it up to the point that it registers a half-second of audio, and stick it in randomly somewhere on a song. What always seemed like an uneven keel piece of percussion is actually an entire tune just lobbed in as a goof."

This appears the most plausible, hilarious, and fucked. It gets my vote.
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
03-22-2013, 04:06 PM

its in the toolband websites opening song.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #175
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

its in the toolband websites opening song.
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
04-11-2013, 02:42 PM

well the Ænima album is played faster than any other album so all the material could fit.. so this seems intresting..
Old 04-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #176
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

well the Ænima album is played faster than any other album so all the material could fit.. so this seems intresting..
07-08-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjeffs View Post
"Another big-ticket item would be a GENUINE certified RIAA record award that contains the name of the person that it was presented to, but since these are only usually given to friends, family, and those intimately involved in the record's production, they don't often come up for sale. In fact, you might have to wait until someone dies... Also, the band stopped giving these out after "Aenima", so, again, there can't be too many floating around. "

My thought was, since it might be staring them in the face on a daily basis, but they would never think to play it, and all the other little hints in the newsletter, seem to point to the song being on one of the records that are on the RIAA award. Anyone have one to try it out?
It could also be that 30 copies of the original 72826 demo contain the song. You should note that since only 100-200 copies exist, so that's why the says its not in your collection.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #177
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjeffs View Post
"Another big-ticket item would be a GENUINE certified RIAA record award that contains the name of the person that it was presented to, but since these are only usually given to friends, family, and those intimately involved in the record's production, they don't often come up for sale. In fact, you might have to wait until someone dies... Also, the band stopped giving these out after "Aenima", so, again, there can't be too many floating around. "

My thought was, since it might be staring them in the face on a daily basis, but they would never think to play it, and all the other little hints in the newsletter, seem to point to the song being on one of the records that are on the RIAA award. Anyone have one to try it out?
It could also be that 30 copies of the original 72826 demo contain the song. You should note that since only 100-200 copies exist, so that's why the says its not in your collection.
zombie
07-08-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateraenimalus View Post
The demo was years before Justin, who apparently played on the song. I have seen everyone in Tool recently and I really am just going to be that guy and ask. I saw AJ at Bjork and he looked like he was praying no one would come talk to him so I didn't. I AM AN IDIOT
Old 07-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateraenimalus View Post
The demo was years before Justin, who apparently played on the song. I have seen everyone in Tool recently and I really am just going to be that guy and ask. I saw AJ at Bjork and he looked like he was praying no one would come talk to him so I didn't. I AM AN IDIOT
08-01-2013, 02:16 PM

From the New Tool newsletter:

1)Of the dozen or so spoof Tool CDs included in the spurious catalog in the insert contained in the import (i.e. European) version of Aenima, one of them is actually real (meaning that it at least includes jam sessions by the band and various other recorded material). Though having never been released to the general public, about 30 copies were surreptitiously placed in various record stores in European cities (most of them in Poland) by members of the band and their crew during a tour over there. TRUE OR FALSE?

TRUE. But there is much more to this story - as I have been hinting at for years. Perhaps someday someone will finally figure it out, and before certain things become obsolete

Problem 8 is on around 30 copies of the import version of Aenima. Now, by him saying" before things become obsolete" That means its on old media, or new software wont read where the song is at.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #179
Level 2 - Poster

From the New Tool newsletter:

1)Of the dozen or so spoof Tool CDs included in the spurious catalog in the insert contained in the import (i.e. European) version of Aenima, one of them is actually real (meaning that it at least includes jam sessions by the band and various other recorded material). Though having never been released to the general public, about 30 copies were surreptitiously placed in various record stores in European cities (most of them in Poland) by members of the band and their crew during a tour over there. TRUE OR FALSE?

TRUE. But there is much more to this story - as I have been hinting at for years. Perhaps someday someone will finally figure it out, and before certain things become obsolete

Problem 8 is on around 30 copies of the import version of Aenima. Now, by him saying" before things become obsolete" That means its on old media, or new software wont read where the song is at.
08-01-2013, 06:30 PM

i'd suggest you look into the "hinting at for years" if you need help.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #180
Level 10 - Vehement

i'd suggest you look into the "hinting at for years" if you need help.
08-01-2013, 10:44 PM

From the December 2001 Tool Newsletter...

Q: I’ve heard that there are several Tool CDs that were released in Europe, but not in America. Is this true, and if so, how can I order them?

A: It is true. In the insert in the European version of Aenima there is a catalogue which lists these CDs. They include: "Three Fat Brown Fingers", "Nurse Ketimella’s Kit* Chen", "Just Up That Dirt Road (Tool Live at the Acropolis)", "The Bethlehem Abortion Clinic", "Crapsteaks smothered in Dictators" and "The Christmas Album by Tool." Someday I will tell you what makes ONE of these cds so special - something the band members don’t want anyone to know - though it’s there for discerning listeners. Perhaps I’ve said too much already.

* No Creed records were purchased by band members in order to experiment with playing them backwards.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #181
Level 4 - Thinker

From the December 2001 Tool Newsletter...

Q: I’ve heard that there are several Tool CDs that were released in Europe, but not in America. Is this true, and if so, how can I order them?

A: It is true. In the insert in the European version of Aenima there is a catalogue which lists these CDs. They include: "Three Fat Brown Fingers", "Nurse Ketimella’s Kit* Chen", "Just Up That Dirt Road (Tool Live at the Acropolis)", "The Bethlehem Abortion Clinic", "Crapsteaks smothered in Dictators" and "The Christmas Album by Tool." Someday I will tell you what makes ONE of these cds so special - something the band members don’t want anyone to know - though it’s there for discerning listeners. Perhaps I’ve said too much already.

* No Creed records were purchased by band members in order to experiment with playing them backwards.
Froudie
08-01-2013, 10:47 PM

What intrigues me is the asterisk placed at the bottom...

The asterisk is also included in the answer to the question in the following way...

"Nurse Ketimella’s Kit* Chen"

Is this suggesting that Nurse Ketimella's Kit'chen album needs to be played backwards?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #182
Level 4 - Thinker

What intrigues me is the asterisk placed at the bottom...

The asterisk is also included in the answer to the question in the following way...

Is this suggesting that Nurse Ketimella's Kit'chen album needs to be played backwards?
Froudie
08-01-2013, 10:50 PM

I think we at least have the list narrowed down to which album possibly exists...

"Three Fat Brown Fingers"
"Just Up That Dirt Road (Tool Live at the Acropolis)"
"The Bethlehem Abortion Clinic"
"Crapsteaks smothered in Dictators"
"The Christmas Album by Tool."
Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #183
Level 4 - Thinker

I think we at least have the list narrowed down to which album possibly exists...

Froudie
08-01-2013, 11:00 PM

From 17th Nov 2006 on Toolband...

"Better yet, maybe do something off of "Crapsteaks Smothered in Dictators", or "Nurse Ketimella's Kit*Chen", or "Bethlehem Abortion Clinic" or how about an early version of "Pushit" from "Just Up That Dirt Road: TOOL LIVE! at the Acropolis." Let's see them try that while the band isn't looking!"
Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #184
Level 4 - Thinker

From 17th Nov 2006 on Toolband...

"Better yet, maybe do something off of "Crapsteaks Smothered in Dictators", or "Nurse Ketimella's Kit*Chen", or "Bethlehem Abortion Clinic" or how about an early version of "Pushit" from "Just Up That Dirt Road: TOOL LIVE! at the Acropolis." Let's see them try that while the band isn't looking!"
08-01-2013, 11:21 PM

mathematical formula involving the catalog numbers? 666, 80085 ...
Old 08-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #185
Level 10 - Vehement

mathematical formula involving the catalog numbers? 666, 80085 ...
08-01-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froudie View Post
here's what THAT asterisk referred to:

Q: What is that droning sound on the song "Mantra" on the Lateralus CD?
A: Lots of people have asked me about this. It is one of the following: A) Tibetan monks chanting in a building in Amsterdam that’s famous for its acoustics. B) The pet Siamese cat of an illustrious band member. C) A silverburst guitar played through a Moog synthesizer (which in turn is processed by an Eventide Harmonizer. D) The sounds (demons?) one hears on a Creed LP played backwards. * <<<
Old 08-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #186
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
here's what THAT asterisk referred to:

Q: What is that droning sound on the song "Mantra" on the Lateralus CD?
A: Lots of people have asked me about this. It is one of the following: A) Tibetan monks chanting in a building in Amsterdam that’s famous for its acoustics. B) The pet Siamese cat of an illustrious band member. C) A silverburst guitar played through a Moog synthesizer (which in turn is processed by an Eventide Harmonizer. D) The sounds (demons?) one hears on a Creed LP played backwards. * <<<
08-01-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:

A: yeah, but "they include" is a separate idea from "these CDs" ...which was referred to again (specifically, as "these CDs"). it's kinda like the song "part of me". BMB's still referring to the whole (16 album catalogue) ME ...not just the six (6 "they include") parts. unfortunately, i don't think this is a clue, or that it narrows anything down for us. :/
Old 08-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #187
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

A: yeah, but "they include" is a separate idea from "these CDs" ...which was referred to again (specifically, as "these CDs"). it's kinda like the song "part of me". BMB's still referring to the whole (16 album catalogue) ME ...not just the six (6 "they include") parts. unfortunately, i don't think this is a clue, or that it narrows anything down for us. :/
08-01-2013, 11:51 PM

From March 2011 Newsletter...

"or what about the even harder to obtain “Cesaro Summability” 12” promo picture disc? Wouldn’t that baby look good on the wall next to your prized tour poster!"

when taken with the following quote...

"Most people don't even know they have it, it's been staring them right in the eye on a near daily basis. The reason they aren't aware of it, is because they'd never think to play it. Okay, enough said..."
Old 08-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #188
Level 4 - Thinker

From March 2011 Newsletter...

"or what about the even harder to obtain “Cesaro Summability” 12” promo picture disc? Wouldn’t that baby look good on the wall next to your prized tour poster!"

when taken with the following quote...

"Most people don't even know they have it, it's been staring them right in the eye on a near daily basis. The reason they aren't aware of it, is because they'd never think to play it. Okay, enough said..."
Froudie
08-01-2013, 11:53 PM

Cesaro Summability and The Riemann Hypothesis both have mathematical implications...
Old 08-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #189
Level 4 - Thinker

Cesaro Summability and The Riemann Hypothesis both have mathematical implications...
Froudie
08-02-2013, 12:20 AM

Does anyone have the catalog numbers?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #190
Level 4 - Thinker

zombie
08-02-2013, 01:48 PM

http://toolshed.down.net/pix/faketool2.jpg The rest of them are there (faketool3.jpg etc) but ketimellas kitchen is cut off. I can't make out the numbers but Crapsteaks does say a collection of b-sides....
Old 08-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #191

http://toolshed.down.net/pix/faketool2.jpg The rest of them are there (faketool3.jpg etc) but ketimellas kitchen is cut off. I can't make out the numbers but Crapsteaks does say a collection of b-sides....
08-02-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
i guess i just have the U.S. non-lenticular ...rather than the import? my catalog insert doesn't seem to include any numbers (as shown over at toolshed.down.net) - and even with the faketools.jpg, i can only make out (if even correct): Bethlehem Abortion Clinic (17134-66649-4) and Crapsteaks Smothered in Dictators (12121-21212-2). there's also a (12345-12345-6) in the mix, somewhere ...had to translate a page from german to figure that much out.

but, yeah. if anyone has a copy WITH the numbers, could we get a clearer version of these images? or a transcription/post of the serial numbers for each of the 16? i'm a little curious. i don't really know much behind the actual formula/hypothesis, or what to expect at all ...were it even anything. but those faketools.jpg kinda suck.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #192
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
i guess i just have the U.S. non-lenticular ...rather than the import? my catalog insert doesn't seem to include any numbers (as shown over at toolshed.down.net) - and even with the faketools.jpg, i can only make out (if even correct): Bethlehem Abortion Clinic (17134-66649-4) and Crapsteaks Smothered in Dictators (12121-21212-2). there's also a (12345-12345-6) in the mix, somewhere ...had to translate a page from german to figure that much out.

but, yeah. if anyone has a copy WITH the numbers, could we get a clearer version of these images? or a transcription/post of the serial numbers for each of the 16? i'm a little curious. i don't really know much behind the actual formula/hypothesis, or what to expect at all ...were it even anything. but those faketools.jpg kinda suck.
08-02-2013, 02:53 PM

i'm waiting for the movie. it should be airing on lifetime or oxygen channel within the next 5 years...
Old 08-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #193
Up From The Skies

i'm waiting for the movie. it should be airing on lifetime or oxygen channel within the next 5 years...
Bed2245
08-02-2013, 03:45 PM

So to sum it up... in the european versions of aenima, in the booklet there are some "fake" cd's in a catalogue type thing, supposedly 30 or so copies of one specific cd were dropped off somewhere in europe (likely poland according to bmb). on the cd are actual b sides/demos/jams from the band, and if we do something, (re-order, combine, reverse, or perhaps just listen...) the track can be found therein...
either that or he's been leading us on for a looooong time...
now we just need to find someone who has a copy of this somwhere...
Old 08-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #194
Level 1 - Lurker

So to sum it up... in the european versions of aenima, in the booklet there are some "fake" cd's in a catalogue type thing, supposedly 30 or so copies of one specific cd were dropped off somewhere in europe (likely poland according to bmb). on the cd are actual b sides/demos/jams from the band, and if we do something, (re-order, combine, reverse, or perhaps just listen...) the track can be found therein...
Bed2245
08-02-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bed2245 View Post
oh yeah, and bmb mentioned that it may be in an old style format, like vinyl or perhaps an old cd format, as he refers to people finding out about it before "certain things become obsolete"
Old 08-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #195
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bed2245 View Post
oh yeah, and bmb mentioned that it may be in an old style format, like vinyl or perhaps an old cd format, as he refers to people finding out about it before "certain things become obsolete"
zombie
08-03-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:

http://metalbastard.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/aenima1.jpg
http://metalbastard.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/aenima2.jpg

hard to find. also the cd itself looks way different. Lots of more searching unless someone who has the insert would scan it..
Old 08-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #196

Quote:

http://metalbastard.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/aenima1.jpg
http://metalbastard.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/aenima2.jpg

hard to find. also the cd itself looks way different. Lots of more searching unless someone who has the insert would scan it..
08-03-2013, 02:29 AM

From the November 2000 Newsletter...

"Q: When Aenima came out, I remember seeing Tool on vinyl at the record store. Was the acid really THAT good, or did I really see all three TOOL albums on one or two pieces of vinyl?

A: All were released on vinyl in America except for "BETHLEHEM ABORTION CLINIC" which was only released on vinyl in Europe and never released in CD format anywhere. See catalogue in import release of Aenima CD for details. That reminds me, someone recently (I think it was Staci) found a copy of Undertow on vinyl and said it contained "The Lord's Prayer" inscribed in the dead wax. If so, I didn't know that."
Old 08-03-2013, 02:29 AM   #197
Level 4 - Thinker

From the November 2000 Newsletter...

"Q: When Aenima came out, I remember seeing Tool on vinyl at the record store. Was the acid really THAT good, or did I really see all three TOOL albums on one or two pieces of vinyl?

A: All were released on vinyl in America except for "BETHLEHEM ABORTION CLINIC" which was only released on vinyl in Europe and never released in CD format anywhere. See catalogue in import release of Aenima CD for details. That reminds me, someone recently (I think it was Staci) found a copy of Undertow on vinyl and said it contained "The Lord's Prayer" inscribed in the dead wax. If so, I didn't know that."
Froudie
08-03-2013, 02:32 AM

LUSTMORD: RISING (LIVE 06.06.06): "Possibly the 'darkest' recording since Tool's Bethlehem Abortion Clinic (12134-66649-4)."
Old 08-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #198
Level 4 - Thinker

LUSTMORD: RISING (LIVE 06.06.06): "Possibly the 'darkest' recording since Tool's Bethlehem Abortion Clinic (12134-66649-4)."
Froudie
08-03-2013, 02:35 AM

So we have the catalog number for Bethlehem Abortion Clinic - 12134-66649-4

There is a fair bit of support to suggest this is the album referred to in Blair's cryptic hints
Old 08-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #199
Level 4 - Thinker

So we have the catalog number for Bethlehem Abortion Clinic - 12134-66649-4

There is a fair bit of support to suggest this is the album referred to in Blair's cryptic hints
Froudie
08-03-2013, 04:28 AM

To Summarise...

NOV 2000 NEWSLETTER

Q: When Aenima came out, I remember seeing Tool on vinyl at the record store. Was the acid really THAT good, or did I really see all three TOOL albums on one or two pieces of vinyl?

A: All were released on vinyl in America except for "BETHLEHEM ABORTION CLINIC" which was only released on vinyl in Europe and never released in CD format anywhere. See catalogue in import release of Aenima CD for details. That reminds me, someone recently (I think it was Staci) found a copy of Undertow on vinyl and said it contained "The Lord's Prayer" inscribed in the dead wax. If so, I didn't know that.

DEC 2001 NEWSLETTER

OCT 2002 NEWSLETTER

Also, there was the thing about the mathematical formula encoded in the insert catalogue on the European issue of Aenima. Fortunately, nobody's figured that one out yet.

21st SEP 2006 NEWS POST

Here's what some are saying about LUSTMORD: RISING (LIVE 06.06.06): "Possibly the 'darkest' recording since Tool's Bethlehem Abortion Clinc (12134-66649-4)."

17th NOV 2006 NEWS POST

Better yet, maybe do something off of "Crapsteaks Smothered in Dictators", or "Nurse Ketimella's Kit*Chen", or "Bethlehem Abortion Clinic" or how about an early version of "Pushit" from "Just Up That Dirt Road: TOOL LIVE! at the Acropolis." Let's see them try that while the band isn't looking!

DEC 2007 NEWSLETTER

ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION
(from "Bethlehem Abortion Clinic")

JAN 2008 NEWSLETTER

My inclusion of the song “Abomination of Desolation” from the Tool album “Bethlehem Abortion Clinic” (listed in the catalogue/insert of the release of Aenima outside the United States) seemed to further this (erroneous) notion. Tool albums that might or might not exist on parallel earths aside, what a social experiment that title turned out to be, with nearly everyone believing it to contain a negative Xian message when it could just as easily be something to the contrary (yes, including being an anti-abortion statement).

MAR 2011 NEWSLETTER

Which brings us to the “holy grail” that I mentioned earlier. No, it’s not a cheap guitar signed hastily backstage by all four band members as part of some radio promo. It also doesn’t concern bizarre video props or some Xeroxed set-list that includes “The Grudge”, and which is also signed by Maynard (most likely fabricated). It’s not even the lyrics to a popular Tool song hand written on a Ralph’s grocery bag. No, this is something REALLY special. Are you ready? Suppose I was to tell you that there is a Tool song – recorded in a studio – that hasn’t been heard except for by a handful of people, and that virtually no one outside of the band (and a few others) is aware of its very existence? Keep in mind, this is not a cover (not the rumored “Crazy Train”), nor is it a glorified segue that never made it onto a record. This is an original full-blown Tool song complete with vocals and lyrics. The title of this tune is “Problem 8 (The Riemann Hypothesis)”, and it was recorded many years ago – so long ago, in fact, that I don’t remember who played bass, although I want to say it was Justin. The length is somewhere in the six-minute range (if my memory serves me correctly), but whatever it is, the exact time had something to do with the unsolved and mysterious nature of the title. Now, not only was the song professionally recorded; it was actually ‘issued’ in a manufactured medium (though I’m not going to say whether this was vinyl, a CD, or cassette tape). Because of the ingenious way it was made available to the public, “Problem 8” , in my opinion, constitutes the ultimate hidden track. Only, don’t go looking for it among your collection (most of you, that is!), as there are no more than 30 copies on the planet. As for those who have one, most, I’m sure, aren’t aware of it, even though it might be staring them right in the eye on a near daily basis. The reason they aren’t aware of it, is because they’d never think to play it. Okay, enough said…

And though it’s not that rare, the European version of the Aenima CD SHOULD BE of interest to collectors. Not because the disc contains the Goetic sigil of Furfur, or that it includes an insert catalog of spurious “other albums available by Tool”, but because the spoof catalog contains in itself true information that might be of great interest to certain fans of the band.

MAY 2012 NEWSLETTER

“Aenima” was the first Tool project that I was asked to contribute something to, although this was merely a small part of the art design for the import, which I collaborated on with Shep’s talented girlfriend. (Or… was she merely his roommate?) Another thing about the “Aenima” recording that I remember, was a plan devised at the loft to create the ultimate hidden track. This was inspired by the whole Klaatu/Beatles thing, but the problem of actually pulling it off would take a lot more thought.

30th JUN 2013 NEWS POST

The Picture shown is the European Aenima Artwork with Bethlehem Abortion Clinic in the centre

JULY 2013 NEWSLETTER

TRUE. But there is much more to this story – as I have been hinting at for years. Perhaps someday someone will finally figure it out, and before certain things become obsolete.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #200
Level 4 - Thinker

To Summarise...

NOV 2000 NEWSLETTER

Q: When Aenima came out, I remember seeing Tool on vinyl at the record store. Was the acid really THAT good, or did I really see all three TOOL albums on one or two pieces of vinyl?

A: All were released on vinyl in America except for "BETHLEHEM ABORTION CLINIC" which was only released on vinyl in Europe and never released in CD format anywhere. See catalogue in import release of Aenima CD for details. That reminds me, someone recently (I think it was Staci) found a copy of Undertow on vinyl and said it contained "The Lord's Prayer" inscribed in the dead wax. If so, I didn't know that.

DEC 2001 NEWSLETTER

OCT 2002 NEWSLETTER

Also, there was the thing about the mathematical formula encoded in the insert catalogue on the European issue of Aenima. Fortunately, nobody's figured that one out yet.

21st SEP 2006 NEWS POST

Here's what some are saying about LUSTMORD: RISING (LIVE 06.06.06): "Possibly the 'darkest' recording since Tool's Bethlehem Abortion Clinc (12134-66649-4)."

17th NOV 2006 NEWS POST

Better yet, maybe do something off of "Crapsteaks Smothered in Dictators", or "Nurse Ketimella's Kit*Chen", or "Bethlehem Abortion Clinic" or how about an early version of "Pushit" from "Just Up That Dirt Road: TOOL LIVE! at the Acropolis." Let's see them try that while the band isn't looking!

DEC 2007 NEWSLETTER

ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION
(from "Bethlehem Abortion Clinic")

JAN 2008 NEWSLETTER

My inclusion of the song “Abomination of Desolation” from the Tool album “Bethlehem Abortion Clinic” (listed in the catalogue/insert of the release of Aenima outside the United States) seemed to further this (erroneous) notion. Tool albums that might or might not exist on parallel earths aside, what a social experiment that title turned out to be, with nearly everyone believing it to contain a negative Xian message when it could just as easily be something to the contrary (yes, including being an anti-abortion statement).

MAR 2011 NEWSLETTER

Which brings us to the “holy grail” that I mentioned earlier. No, it’s not a cheap guitar signed hastily backstage by all four band members as part of some radio promo. It also doesn’t concern bizarre video props or some Xeroxed set-list that includes “The Grudge”, and which is also signed by Maynard (most likely fabricated). It’s not even the lyrics to a popular Tool song hand written on a Ralph’s grocery bag. No, this is something REALLY special. Are you ready? Suppose I was to tell you that there is a Tool song – recorded in a studio – that hasn’t been heard except for by a handful of people, and that virtually no one outside of the band (and a few others) is aware of its very existence? Keep in mind, this is not a cover (not the rumored “Crazy Train”), nor is it a glorified segue that never made it onto a record. This is an original full-blown Tool song complete with vocals and lyrics. The title of this tune is “Problem 8 (The Riemann Hypothesis)”, and it was recorded many years ago – so long ago, in fact, that I don’t remember who played bass, although I want to say it was Justin. The length is somewhere in the six-minute range (if my memory serves me correctly), but whatever it is, the exact time had something to do with the unsolved and mysterious nature of the title. Now, not only was the song professionally recorded; it was actually ‘issued’ in a manufactured medium (though I’m not going to say whether this was vinyl, a CD, or cassette tape). Because of the ingenious way it was made available to the public, “Problem 8” , in my opinion, constitutes the ultimate hidden track. Only, don’t go looking for it among your collection (most of you, that is!), as there are no more than 30 copies on the planet. As for those who have one, most, I’m sure, aren’t aware of it, even though it might be staring them right in the eye on a near daily basis. The reason they aren’t aware of it, is because they’d never think to play it. Okay, enough said…

And though it’s not that rare, the European version of the Aenima CD SHOULD BE of interest to collectors. Not because the disc contains the Goetic sigil of Furfur, or that it includes an insert catalog of spurious “other albums available by Tool”, but because the spoof catalog contains in itself true information that might be of great interest to certain fans of the band.

MAY 2012 NEWSLETTER

“Aenima” was the first Tool project that I was asked to contribute something to, although this was merely a small part of the art design for the import, which I collaborated on with Shep’s talented girlfriend. (Or… was she merely his roommate?) Another thing about the “Aenima” recording that I remember, was a plan devised at the loft to create the ultimate hidden track. This was inspired by the whole Klaatu/Beatles thing, but the problem of actually pulling it off would take a lot more thought.

30th JUN 2013 NEWS POST

The Picture shown is the European Aenima Artwork with Bethlehem Abortion Clinic in the centre

JULY 2013 NEWSLETTER

TRUE. But there is much more to this story – as I have been hinting at for years. Perhaps someday someone will finally figure it out, and before certain things become obsolete.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply