Password
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-26-2012, 10:28 AM

i'm menstruating
Old 05-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #201
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323
Re: Did the band say there was a puzzle to 10,000 days?

i'm menstruating
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
CommanderKeen
05-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post
I think i figured out a piece of the puzzle.

I mainly was thinking about the band pictures since it has always struck me as odd that they'd put pictures of themselves in this cd.

What actually sparked my idea was when i was watching conan o brien the other night. The skit where universal studios had to cut back their budget so instead of a realistic king kong there was this guy dressed up in a gorilla outfit holding a barbie doll, basing cardboard boxes stacked in the shape of a building. THen it reminded me of the picture with maynard.

I think the 4 band pictures represent something that is in all of us.

to me danny carey's picture is the pursuit of enlightenment. The tarot cards, the Mayan skull (the elongated "cone head" skull is typical ancient Mayan priesthood or shamanism)

Adam jones represents the filth and shit we all have to purge to reach 'enlightenment'

Justin chancellor's picture has always seemed odd out of the bunch. It isnt as colorful or interesting to look at. Also its blurry as fuck, but its a picture of a bird, flight, freedom. And its blurry. ;)
actually the pictures are there to show you that undertow and 10,000 days are connected as undertow is the only other album with pictures of the band members do you remember secret track 69 after you wake up in your ditch you go to your car but it is locked and inside the car is an expensive leather camera case now go look at the packaging of 10,000 days the package is basically a camera now look at the track list notice the song lost keys those keys are for your car in secret track 69 and you know the stereoscopic lenses on 10,000 days packaging.....

DAMN YOU LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES
Old 05-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #202
On Probation

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post
I think i figured out a piece of the puzzle.

I mainly was thinking about the band pictures since it has always struck me as odd that they'd put pictures of themselves in this cd.

What actually sparked my idea was when i was watching conan o brien the other night. The skit where universal studios had to cut back their budget so instead of a realistic king kong there was this guy dressed up in a gorilla outfit holding a barbie doll, basing cardboard boxes stacked in the shape of a building. THen it reminded me of the picture with maynard.

I think the 4 band pictures represent something that is in all of us.

to me danny carey's picture is the pursuit of enlightenment. The tarot cards, the Mayan skull (the elongated "cone head" skull is typical ancient Mayan priesthood or shamanism)

Adam jones represents the filth and shit we all have to purge to reach 'enlightenment'

Justin chancellor's picture has always seemed odd out of the bunch. It isnt as colorful or interesting to look at. Also its blurry as fuck, but its a picture of a bird, flight, freedom. And its blurry. ;)
actually the pictures are there to show you that undertow and 10,000 days are connected as undertow is the only other album with pictures of the band members do you remember secret track 69 after you wake up in your ditch you go to your car but it is locked and inside the car is an expensive leather camera case now go look at the packaging of 10,000 days the package is basically a camera now look at the track list notice the song lost keys those keys are for your car in secret track 69 and you know the stereoscopic lenses on 10,000 days packaging.....

DAMN YOU LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES
brittles
07-09-2013, 08:08 AM

Could the puzzle be a tracklisting reorder like the Holy Gift? You can arrange the songs like this:
1. Lipan Conjuring (1:11)
2. Intension (7:21)
3. Vicarious (7:07)
4. Jambi (7:28)
5. Wings pt 1 (6:11)
6. Right in Two (8:55)
7. Wings pt 2 (11:14)
8. The Pot (6:21)
9. Viginti Tres (5:02)
10. The Lost Keys (3:46)
11. Rosetta Stoned (11:11)

I figured out this order mathematicaly (based on song durations). cut out the gaps, overlap a couple things n it flows as a single song and story.. give it a listen in that order, it works really well for me :p
Old 07-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #203
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Could the puzzle be a tracklisting reorder like the Holy Gift? You can arrange the songs like this:
1. Lipan Conjuring (1:11)
2. Intension (7:21)
3. Vicarious (7:07)
4. Jambi (7:28)
5. Wings pt 1 (6:11)
6. Right in Two (8:55)
7. Wings pt 2 (11:14)
8. The Pot (6:21)
9. Viginti Tres (5:02)
10. The Lost Keys (3:46)
11. Rosetta Stoned (11:11)

I figured out this order mathematicaly (based on song durations). cut out the gaps, overlap a couple things n it flows as a single song and story.. give it a listen in that order, it works really well for me :p
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
07-09-2013, 09:01 AM

doesn't work for me. stop bumping threads to spam this idea. you've added nothing to the "Did the band say there was a puzzle to 10,000 days?" discussion.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #204
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

doesn't work for me. stop bumping threads to spam this idea. you've added nothing to the "Did the band say there was a puzzle to 10,000 days?" discussion.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply