Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
Aneurias
08-13-2007, 10:18 AM

So I ordered the cd the same day, but I downloaded 10000 days a few days before it came out, only it had a different version of lost keys that was somewhat longer than the album version, it almost sounded like it was skipping and sounded like a UFO or something. maybe imagine turning the volume up and down while listening. Anyway I got the album in the mail and the song was different but I just deleted the downloaded one. i want to know if anyone else got that version and where I might find another one. It's called lost keys and I'm thinking that it maybe a part of a puzzle that involves playing different songs over each other. They told us about Wings, and 10000 days but I believe it goes a little further than just that. I burned a cd that starts with Viginti tres and then wings so that I could just press play on two stereos to get the overlay effect, after that just for shits and giggles I thought to put Vicarious to play over The pot. They seemed to have similar subject matter to me(you look at me like I am a monster: who are you to wave your finger) but different times. It sounds awesome to me, you may not care for it, in which case the rest will be irrelevant. Next song after the pot is Lipan, I think its good with lipan played over it in a kind of row, row, row, your boat kind of way, but I want to try out the other version of lost keys for the burnt cd. I may be just reading too much into a dumb version of the song released before the album came out, but I'm pretty sure Blair was telling everyone that it was available for download for a reason. You need 10k days on your computer to be able to rearrange.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Prerelease Download

So I ordered the cd the same day, but I downloaded 10000 days a few days before it came out, only it had a different version of lost keys that was somewhat longer than the album version, it almost sounded like it was skipping and sounded like a UFO or something. maybe imagine turning the volume up and down while listening. Anyway I got the album in the mail and the song was different but I just deleted the downloaded one. i want to know if anyone else got that version and where I might find another one. It's called lost keys and I'm thinking that it maybe a part of a puzzle that involves playing different songs over each other. They told us about Wings, and 10000 days but I believe it goes a little further than just that. I burned a cd that starts with Viginti tres and then wings so that I could just press play on two stereos to get the overlay effect, after that just for shits and giggles I thought to put Vicarious to play over The pot. They seemed to have similar subject matter to me(you look at me like I am a monster: who are you to wave your finger) but different times. It sounds awesome to me, you may not care for it, in which case the rest will be irrelevant. Next song after the pot is Lipan, I think its good with lipan played over it in a kind of row, row, row, your boat kind of way, but I want to try out the other version of lost keys for the burnt cd. I may be just reading too much into a dumb version of the song released before the album came out, but I'm pretty sure Blair was telling everyone that it was available for download for a reason. You need 10k days on your computer to be able to rearrange.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
08-13-2007, 10:20 AM

probably just a poor quality rip of the leaked version
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656
Re: Prerelease Download

probably just a poor quality rip of the leaked version
Aneurias
08-17-2007, 06:33 AM

You're probably just an obfuscator. level ten you could be one of them! no offense if you're not but I didn't really need anyone to tell me that I'm wrong. I just want some help relocating that version. I know someone has it.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

You're probably just an obfuscator. level ten you could be one of them! no offense if you're not but I didn't really need anyone to tell me that I'm wrong. I just want some help relocating that version. I know someone has it.
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
08-20-2007, 03:43 PM

okay, you keep looking
Old 08-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

okay, you keep looking
Esurient4Truth's Avatar Esurient4Truth
08-26-2007, 06:35 AM