opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Alternate track order for Lateralus

To me, this is the alternate track order for Lateralus.

I do not agree with the "holy gift" idea yet I do think there is an alternate order for the songs on Lateralus. I think the "holy gift" idea was ambitious but I do not agree with deleting any part of an artists work, even if it is blank space.

This is what I have:

The songs in Lateralus can be split up into 7 tracks. Those seven tracks are 1.The Grudge, 2.Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient, 3.Mantra/Schism, 4.Parabol/Parabola, 5.Lateralus, 6.Disposition/Reflection/Triad, and 7.Faaip de Oiad/Ticks and Leeches.

The new order is as follows:
1. The Grudge
2. Faaip de Oiad
3. Ticks and Leeches
4. Eon Blue Apocalypse
5. The Patient
6. Mantra
7. Schism
8. Parabola
9. Parabola
10. Lateralus
11. Disposition
12. Reflection
13. Triad

*putting Ticks and Leeches and Faaip de Oiad together, you can create the seventh song.
*I will admit, my placement of Faaip de Oiad/Ticks and Leeches is subjective. This is how I see the pieces fitting.
*There are now two halves. 6 songs on top and 6 songs on bottom. "As below, so above"
*Each group of 6 having conflicting themes.
*Notice Schism is the middle track.
*"The one" and "The ten" that are referenced in The Grudge are the only two songs that stand alone.
*If you take "the one" and "the ten" along with the newly created seventh song (now tracks 2 and 3 and previously 8 and 13) you get 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 (adding 2 and 3 for 5 and adding 8 and 13 for 21)
*The rest of the tracks that were not used in the sequence above? l_a t_e r_a l_u_s That looks like the other paired songs including the last three of the album

I feel like this track order sounds more balanced.
Let me know what you think.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Re: Alternate track order for Lateralus

ok so what tool does for all the albums except undertow they started this with aenima is

they hide the album and band name in the song names to find the correct order you you have to rearrange the song names and also align the song names properly with one another (left or right alignment like in a text document) they give you hints in the album artwork and the music videos are actually instructional videos on how to arrange the songs the things in the videos are supposed to represent individual song names or letters

so for lateralus you are looking for TOOLLATERALUS in the song names so ill show you the 4 songs that make up the TOOL part to show you how to align them

these are the 4 songs (ive capitalized the TOOL letters)

[T]riad
the voice [O]f god*
disp[O]sition
ref[L]ection

*you have to translate faaip de oiad to english same thing with viginti tres on 10,000 days or else it doesnt work

so if you open a text document and type in those 4 songs in a mono spaced font like fixedsys and then right align the first 3 songs (as in just line up the last letter of each word with one another) and then line up the first letter of disposition and reflection youll see that TOOL is spelled out diagonally

now if you dont understand that heres a picture of what i mean

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/200H...am-d57nhok.jpg

now theres another step you have to do with that
which is after you find the correct track list with the TOOL and LATERALUS you have to put the TOOL into the LA TE RA LUS like so

la O te L ra T lus O

and you get this

parabol
parabola

disposition

the patient
ticks & leeches

reflection

the grudge
mantra

triad

eon blue apocalypse
lateralus
schism

faaip de oiad

so thats what you do man you just find the letters and this took me a good 5 years to figure out how to do it and another 3 to figure out aenima lateralus 10,000 days and undertow (undertow doesnt follow this but there is a secret track list in the cd booklet if you look carefully) i didnt figure out salival yet

and the reason the album names are all weird is because i think tool names the songs then aligns them and looks for something that sort of resembles a word and names the album after it

well if you want to know how to do aenima 10,000 days or undertow let me know

also i hope i didnt ruin this for you but it took me like 8 years to figure this out i thought i could just save you alot of time

AND FINALLY its not just tool that does secret track lists alot of other bands do them (system of a down, nin, korn, marilyn manson...)
Old 08-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

I've heard of this before and find it very interesting. I also believe that both ideas can be correct. What you showed me is dealing with song titles where what I did is with the songs themselves. I believe that that the order you showed me solves a puzzle however, I do not think it is the only puzzle to solve. When I did this, I tried to let the art stand on its own as much as possible. That is why the order I have it in is very close to the original order. Its is also why I did not edit out any blank space. I also think that some songs were not meant to be split up. There are seamless transitions between some of the songs and I feel that it is important to maintain that integrity. If you haven't listened to the order I put it in, give it a shot. I think you would understand and appreciate it. I think what you showed me is bad ass. I just think that is only part of the puzzle.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

but all you did was just move faaip and ticks & leeches!
look man! the way i do it works for all the albums
like heres how you do 10,000 days

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...am-d6uieh7.png
Old 08-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Whoa
Old 08-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

HI LOTUS!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Whoa
yo keanu, don't encourage him!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:44 PM   #8
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
yo keanu, don't encourage him!
pretty sure you inspired him
Old 08-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #9
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

hmm. me? you mean with all my crazy crack-pot theories? c'mon, this guy's a hack who can't hang wit dis. plus, i never touched the tracklists (wait, did i?*); i kinda think the songs are way the fuck over people's heads, listed as is. and anything else, unless hinted at (in any real way) and not specifically debunked by the band (over and over), is "fanciful over thinking" on their part. you're giving them too much credit for the wrong things and completely missing the art as intended - whatever that may be. maybe. who knows? hey - i'll consider anything (at least LookAtMigoa's lateralus tracklist starts up with elevator in "the grudge"), but changing letters/numbers to numbers/letters and translating latin/enochian to english (simply bc "there is no other way to make it work" ...is fucking stupid, and shouldn't be encouraged (um, not that lotus. was actually encouraging anything with "whoa" - i was just kidding, kinda).

* http://www.3dartspace.com/images/sto...color_high.jpg
Old 08-07-2014, 08:52 AM   #10
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
HI LOTUS!
HELLO OH CHOSEN ONE!

Rate This Thread