opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 02. Eulogy
User Name
Password
Old 02-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #121
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: would YOU die for ME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovico View Post
this has to be one of the most ignorant and retarded thing i have ever read. you can't be serious.

art, created by and artist, is always personal. whether it be a painting, a musical piece, or lyrics. i believe that all four members pour out their personal experience into the songs. i don't think that they sit there and think to themselves, how is this completely impersonal piece of art going to fit best into this song. no. i think they say, how can i use my personal experience, and couple it with the other 3 personal experience to make something amazing. to say that maynard wouldn't write about something personal is absolutely ridiculous.

oh, and i didn't even have to mention wings/10k days.
Read the post in which you were responding to thoroughly.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #122
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovico View Post
i did. you said maynard wouldn't write lyrics that were personal. i think you are out of your mind.
Obviously you didn't.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:09 AM   #123
Level 4 - Thinker

@ iAMtheMA! - Yes, re-hashing and re-organizing the information posted herein may help increase the numbers who comprehend and understand. The human mind is kinda like a database (the way I see it.) It catalogs information and stores it, especially if it understands the information. Once you understand it, it would be contrary to the minds development to keep satisfied and remain idle.

What I'm trying to say is, you posted this work of art a long time ago, I am sure you have developed the ideas behind it atleast somewhat. Post up the most recent ones and you may find them to be clearer and more concise than the previous versions. (spiral out, or something like that)

@ other posters who argue - I come to this forum to discuss Tool's music. I feel that any opinion can be correct. You can believe what ever you want to believe and this can make it true. I feel it is counter-productive to discussion when we denounce the opinions of others as "wrong" and boldly tell them so. I feel it more constructive to try and understand the concepts behind different viewpoints without an argumentative tone (which can upset ppl and degrade levels of communication.)

More importantly, if this type of argument must take place I feel it should be done in a new thread - as to not detract from the key point development in threads like this one. Thanks for understanding :)
Old 03-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #124
Level 1 - Lurker

i think you may be over thinking over analyzing.which is causing you to seperate the body from the mind.maynards songs can be a puzzle,an once ive read over your whole response to the song in a way it does make sense..but honestly i think that you might be thinking deeper than maynard...it seems unlikely,maybe your just on the same level as him...i consider myself a smart person but the type of response you gave suggests that you were experimenting with some type of hallucinogen. not unlike maynard which is maybe causing an opening to inner self thought where you are able to realize completely what is being said an interpreting it more correct than anyone else can understand.an i understand that i have been to that place. i have felt a unified existence in everything.i realize that we are all one with the earth an we should feel connected with it as it is connected to us.if you want to open your inner consciousness take a hit of acid an sit in an open field on a windy day with trees all around an tell me that our inner consciousness isnt connected with everything on this planet
Old 03-12-2008, 09:44 AM   #125
Level 8 - Vociferous

[QUOTE=Corksil;2375230
@ other posters who argue - I come to this forum to discuss Tool's music. I feel that any opinion can be correct. You can believe what ever you want to believe and this can make it true. I feel it is counter-productive to discussion when we denounce the opinions of others as "wrong" and boldly tell them so. I feel it more constructive to try and understand the concepts behind different viewpoints without an argumentative tone (which can upset ppl and degrade levels of communication.)[/QUOTE]

There seems to be an awful lot of this that goes on and what is really funny to me at least, is that the majority of those that do it, think they are the ones that "get it".
Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #126
Level 3 - Talker

Dude, I live in Columbia too.....small world
Old 03-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #127
Level 8 - Vociferous

What part?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #128
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjamison27 View Post
What part?
In the fulcrum
Old 03-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #129
Level 8 - Vociferous

I originally replied and then noticed it was IE...

I should pay more attention to detail...
Old 03-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #130
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
I originally replied and then noticed it was IE...

I should pay more attention to detail...
huh? Noticed what was me?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #131
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
What part?
Lexington
Old 03-14-2008, 04:49 AM   #132
Level 8 - Vociferous

Nice, I'm in Northeast
Old 10-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #133

Bincount™: 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
interesting. this thread was created 8 months and 13 days ago (and prolly took 5 years t'finally come around to). anyways, the basic ideas remain, though as soon as i free up some time (this weekend?) i'll look over this perspective and re-attempt my explanations and rants - though, it's prolly just going to turn into one of those "i don't even know where to begin" sorta things.
That would be awesome
Old 04-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #134
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

oh yeah. definitely.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:25 AM   #135
Sab
Level 1 - Lurker

This is tool's greatest song.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #136
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

Quote:
There seems to be an awful lot of this that goes on and what is really funny to me at least, is that the majority of those that do it, think they are the ones that "get it".
im all for "interpreting the song..." but dont you think there's a difference between attaching a meaning to a song and using a band, their songs, and all their lyrics to figure out life?
if that was true...if what this post says is true.. you think tool would make an album every five years and drive regular cars and just chill in cali? theyd probably write books or be at least more famous or involved in some science or something...but theyre not. theyre a band making music. and just because maynard is a poet doesn't mean hes the light of god with all the answers.

thats my take on over elaborate interpretations. and as far as "denouncing other people's opinions," anyone who wants to CAN. thats the point of DISCUSSION boards...you take the agreeing with the disagreeing. thats just how it is. as far as this post is concerned, i disagree. not to be a dick, but i think this is overkill. its one thing to take some of maynard's lines and extend the thought--like how in the grudge he brings up the scarlet letter--but it should be relevant to the topic of the song. which as poetic and "deep" as it may be...it still a clear point. like the grudge, is about a grudge, plain and simple. all the interesting things maynard uses to illustrate that, make it beautiful and well thought out, but they dont change the meaning of the song....thats my opinion anyways...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: