Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
05-19-2006, 04:52 PM

Yes, Lateralus has immaculate production.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:52 PM   #201
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472
Re: Production problems/distortion/white noise

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
mike09's Avatar mike09
05-19-2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
Then, why does 10,000 Days not have good production? What went wrong?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #202
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

Quote:
Then, why does 10,000 Days not have good production? What went wrong?
black_rose's Avatar black_rose
05-19-2006, 05:16 PM

It's probably down to whover masted it and this technique seems common these days, they don't realize we can just turn the stereo up.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #203
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 8254

It's probably down to whover masted it and this technique seems common these days, they don't realize we can just turn the stereo up.
05-19-2006, 05:38 PM

I tend to like albums that have been more produced. That's likely why I generally go for the later stuff of a band rather than the first album or two.

I think the songs on 10,000 Days have a lot of potential. If they would have been produced better I probably would have ended up liking it about as much as I do Lateralus.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #204
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 575

I tend to like albums that have been more produced. That's likely why I generally go for the later stuff of a band rather than the first album or two.

I think the songs on 10,000 Days have a lot of potential. If they would have been produced better I probably would have ended up liking it about as much as I do Lateralus.
deuceman's Avatar deuceman
05-19-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exegesis
the album sounds great.
any "white noise" or WHATEVER you audio snobs are hearing is intentional and there purposefully.

Adapt to it and enjoy the music.
No, it doesn't sound great. The more I listen with headphones the less I am enjoying the quality (or lack thereof). I'm beginning to agree that there is no excuse for this. Music should be reproduced at the highest level of quality possible. If the band did this intentionally then I think they are obliged to justify their reasoning. If they don't then it's basically a slap in the face for their dedicated and committed legion of paying fans.

Adapt to it? Yes, must conform, must toe the line, must not question authority or think for myself.......
Old 05-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #205
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 367
Re: White noise. Distortion.

Quote:
the album sounds great.
any "white noise" or WHATEVER you audio snobs are hearing is intentional and there purposefully.

Adapt to it and enjoy the music.
No, it doesn't sound great. The more I listen with headphones the less I am enjoying the quality (or lack thereof). I'm beginning to agree that there is no excuse for this. Music should be reproduced at the highest level of quality possible. If the band did this intentionally then I think they are obliged to justify their reasoning. If they don't then it's basically a slap in the face for their dedicated and committed legion of paying fans.

Adapt to it? Yes, must conform, must toe the line, must not question authority or think for myself.......
apathetic goat's Avatar apathetic goat
05-20-2006, 12:16 AM

So everybody: Which songs do you think suffer the worst from the bizarre distortion/clipping/static problems?

I'd say Vicarious got it the worst.

The Pot seems to have the cleanest sound (for being one of the 'busier' tracks). I can only hear one instance of static.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:16 AM   #206
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

So everybody: Which songs do you think suffer the worst from the bizarre distortion/clipping/static problems?

I'd say Vicarious got it the worst.

The Pot seems to have the cleanest sound (for being one of the 'busier' tracks). I can only hear one instance of static.
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
05-20-2006, 12:39 AM

I notice it in Rosetta Stoned the most. I even hear that on my shitty stereo.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:39 AM   #207
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

I notice it in Rosetta Stoned the most. I even hear that on my shitty stereo.
05-21-2006, 10:29 PM

I discovered something interesting about this whole distortion/clipping situation. While reading this thread, I was playing the cd from itunes, out to M-Audio''s Firewire 410, and to my Sennheiser 280 Pro headphones. Other than little artifacts in the latter half of Rosetta Stoned, and a bit of distorition in Vicarious, I could hear nothing out of the ordinary.

But, being determined to find out what all these posts are referring to, I loaded select songs into Ableton Live. Instantly, I head this low level white noise. It was very apparent in the opening seconds of The Pot. I also began hearing other artifacts that were mentioned in this thread

What does this all mean? I have no concrete idea. Maybe it has something to do with the processing of the sound done by each individual player (both hardware and software). Maybe your software or hardware automatically boosts certain frequencies, and it just so happens that these are the frequencies that are "maxed" in terms of headroom.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:29 PM   #208
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I discovered something interesting about this whole distortion/clipping situation. While reading this thread, I was playing the cd from itunes, out to M-Audio''s Firewire 410, and to my Sennheiser 280 Pro headphones. Other than little artifacts in the latter half of Rosetta Stoned, and a bit of distorition in Vicarious, I could hear nothing out of the ordinary.

But, being determined to find out what all these posts are referring to, I loaded select songs into Ableton Live. Instantly, I head this low level white noise. It was very apparent in the opening seconds of The Pot. I also began hearing other artifacts that were mentioned in this thread

What does this all mean? I have no concrete idea. Maybe it has something to do with the processing of the sound done by each individual player (both hardware and software). Maybe your software or hardware automatically boosts certain frequencies, and it just so happens that these are the frequencies that are "maxed" in terms of headroom.
05-22-2006, 02:57 PM

Long time lurker on these boards and just made a registered name today, but as I listen to not only Tool but all music I have a problem with hearing drums. I can never focus in on the drumming, it seems so put behind the guitar and bass in almost every song. I wish I could focus on it more but for some reason it gets put behind everything else. Any tips for picking out drumming in songs... I really want to focus on Danny's abilities.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #209
Level 3 - Talker

What is Wrong With My Ears...

Long time lurker on these boards and just made a registered name today, but as I listen to not only Tool but all music I have a problem with hearing drums. I can never focus in on the drumming, it seems so put behind the guitar and bass in almost every song. I wish I could focus on it more but for some reason it gets put behind everything else. Any tips for picking out drumming in songs... I really want to focus on Danny's abilities.
chalk_line's Avatar chalk_line
05-22-2006, 03:02 PM

One thing that will help immensely would be to pick up the drums and start playing, take lessons, get your ears accustomed to hearing the sounds and timbre of the kit.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #210
a headstone waiting for words

Bincount™: 6093
Re: What is Wrong With My Ears...

One thing that will help immensely would be to pick up the drums and start playing, take lessons, get your ears accustomed to hearing the sounds and timbre of the kit.
Agent_202's Avatar Agent_202
05-22-2006, 03:02 PM

thats not an easy one to help with. i played drums in hs, so my ears are tuned to hearing them. i played bass for a little while after hs, and i can pick it out of the mix (most of the time). i dunno, i realize this probably hasn't been much help.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #211
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

thats not an easy one to help with. i played drums in hs, so my ears are tuned to hearing them. i played bass for a little while after hs, and i can pick it out of the mix (most of the time). i dunno, i realize this probably hasn't been much help.
05-22-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalk_line
i agree here, i think personal expierence with an instrument goes a long way.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #212
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalk_line
i agree here, i think personal expierence with an instrument goes a long way.
05-22-2006, 03:07 PM

Just get high. It will clear that right up.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #213
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

Just get high. It will clear that right up.
khemystri's Avatar khemystri
05-22-2006, 03:09 PM

30 band EQ...
Old 05-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #214
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

30 band EQ...
Agent_202's Avatar Agent_202
05-22-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khemystri
30 band EQ...
lol.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:10 PM   #215
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by khemystri
30 band EQ...
lol.
05-22-2006, 03:45 PM

Go get those ears tested champ...

I've never played drums, and I can hear them just fine...
Kindle our hope, and let our grief give way to joy.
31°58' 152°35' = Bliss
Old 05-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #216
Practising Procrastination (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1298

Go get those ears tested champ...

I've never played drums, and I can hear them just fine...
Kindle our hope, and let our grief give way to joy.
31°58' 152°35' = Bliss
MisterMudd's Avatar MisterMudd
05-22-2006, 03:52 PM

Well, this could be a blessing. You hear the song as a whole, and appreciate the composition as one sound.

On the other hand I can understand your frustration. Maybe if you "trained" your ears to pick out the drums by listening to more drum solos (like Mike Portnoy or Neil Peart) you might have an easier time.

Most people have the hardest time hearing the Toms and Bass Drums as well as the Bass guitar. Usually people hear the snare, cymbals, guitar, and vocals easiest because they are all in the same frequency range as the human voice. (I know that info may be useless, but just thought I would throw it in there).
Old 05-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #217
Just Some Dude (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1330

Well, this could be a blessing. You hear the song as a whole, and appreciate the composition as one sound.

On the other hand I can understand your frustration. Maybe if you "trained" your ears to pick out the drums by listening to more drum solos (like Mike Portnoy or Neil Peart) you might have an easier time.

Most people have the hardest time hearing the Toms and Bass Drums as well as the Bass guitar. Usually people hear the snare, cymbals, guitar, and vocals easiest because they are all in the same frequency range as the human voice. (I know that info may be useless, but just thought I would throw it in there).
guitarpete987
05-22-2006, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMudd

All well put. That's what I was going to say. Also, it helps to have a sound system with decent midrange and bass response. On a poor system the frequency ranges that the toms and bass drum are in are simply lost, and more subtle touches like the ride cymbal and complex hi-hat work can also get buried.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:06 PM   #218
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

All well put. That's what I was going to say. Also, it helps to have a sound system with decent midrange and bass response. On a poor system the frequency ranges that the toms and bass drum are in are simply lost, and more subtle touches like the ride cymbal and complex hi-hat work can also get buried.
MisterMudd's Avatar MisterMudd
05-22-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987
Thanks, I take that as a compliment. :-)
Old 05-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #219
Just Some Dude (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1330

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987
Thanks, I take that as a compliment. :-)
StereoScopicLenses's Avatar StereoScopicLenses
05-22-2006, 04:16 PM

All this EQ crap can only work so much. A sure-fire way to accustom yourself is to play/study whatever instrument you have trouble hearing. Others have already said this BUT they are RIGHT. I am surprised you have trouble hearing the drums. Most people that I know who aren't musicians usually have trouble picking out the bass.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:16 PM   #220
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

All this EQ crap can only work so much. A sure-fire way to accustom yourself is to play/study whatever instrument you have trouble hearing. Others have already said this BUT they are RIGHT. I am surprised you have trouble hearing the drums. Most people that I know who aren't musicians usually have trouble picking out the bass.
05-22-2006, 04:17 PM

As an engineer I can pick out any individual part of a song.
Ok that didn'thelp much.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #221
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

As an engineer I can pick out any individual part of a song.
Ok that didn'thelp much.
05-22-2006, 04:18 PM

Quote:

I never knew that. Pretty cool.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:18 PM   #222
Banned.

Quote:

I never knew that. Pretty cool.
guitarpete987
05-22-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoScopicLenses
Yeah, bass can be tough for non musicians to hear. But if it wasn't there, they'd notice for sure.

And EQ is really important. Or even not so much EQ but just the quality of the equipment. It's directly related to why music sounds horrible on most earbud headphones and just so awesome on a really good pair of studio style ones. Like the headphones that come with most mp3 players... no dynamic range what so ever.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #223
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoScopicLenses
Yeah, bass can be tough for non musicians to hear. But if it wasn't there, they'd notice for sure.

And EQ is really important. Or even not so much EQ but just the quality of the equipment. It's directly related to why music sounds horrible on most earbud headphones and just so awesome on a really good pair of studio style ones. Like the headphones that come with most mp3 players... no dynamic range what so ever.
savelints8's Avatar savelints8
05-22-2006, 08:09 PM

I usually have a hard time picking out the bass, too.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:09 PM   #224
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Location: The Phallus Palace Fernando Clavijo: Resigned!!! Sex: ***MALE***
Bincount™: 4914

I usually have a hard time picking out the bass, too.
apathetic goat's Avatar apathetic goat
05-23-2006, 12:05 AM

The drums are definitely less defined on 10KD. They're clear and powerful on Lateralus but I have a hard time focusing on them in 10KD.

Also, damn. I just got some bad-ass Sennheiser HD 485 headphones and now I can hear white noise, static and distortion where I couldn't hear it before.

Last edited by apathetic goat; 05-23-2006 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: Don't want to doublepost
Old 05-23-2006, 12:05 AM   #225
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

The drums are definitely less defined on 10KD. They're clear and powerful on Lateralus but I have a hard time focusing on them in 10KD.

Also, damn. I just got some bad-ass Sennheiser HD 485 headphones and now I can hear white noise, static and distortion where I couldn't hear it before.

Last edited by apathetic goat; 05-23-2006 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: Don't want to doublepost
selectforsocietalsanity's Avatar selectforsocietalsanity
05-23-2006, 05:01 AM

My only problem is how the CD is kept in the case. They should of used a regular CD holder instead of a sleeve. My CD is scratched all to hell because of it.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:01 AM   #226
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

My only problem is how the CD is kept in the case. They should of used a regular CD holder instead of a sleeve. My CD is scratched all to hell because of it.
05-23-2006, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
And for the drums, only on Lateralus they are that upfront. Aenima has the same mix as 10,000 Days.
No.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:52 AM   #227
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
And for the drums, only on Lateralus they are that upfront. Aenima has the same mix as 10,000 Days.
No.
Lauris
05-23-2006, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzi
You mean, they don't know how to do a proper job of choosing microphones and gain structures to avoid getting noise?

Sorry, that's a load of arse. You can get pristine, clean recordings off a pizzicato violin - even in a live context. There's no need for floor noise off of fucking guitar and bass cabinets, drums and an incredibly powerful vocalist.

I dont think that pristine, clean recording is good. Listen to some Godspeed or ASMZ.
Anyway those noises at right in two are in purpouse. and the other sounds its just cool.
You think sterile sound is good. no, its not natural. can You call aenima pristine, clean recording? no!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #228
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzi
You mean, they don't know how to do a proper job of choosing microphones and gain structures to avoid getting noise?

Sorry, that's a load of arse. You can get pristine, clean recordings off a pizzicato violin - even in a live context. There's no need for floor noise off of fucking guitar and bass cabinets, drums and an incredibly powerful vocalist.

I dont think that pristine, clean recording is good. Listen to some Godspeed or ASMZ.
Anyway those noises at right in two are in purpouse. and the other sounds its just cool.
You think sterile sound is good. no, its not natural. can You call aenima pristine, clean recording? no!
mike09's Avatar mike09
05-23-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauris
No offense, but I don't think you have any clue what he's talking about.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #229
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauris
No offense, but I don't think you have any clue what he's talking about.
Exegesis's Avatar Exegesis
05-23-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Does anyone else notice all the white noise on this record? I'm listening to it with good headphones through a 96khz audio interface... I couldn't hear this stuff through the stereo, but there seems to be this rediculous, unnesessary amount of white noise throughout the album. And there are also a lot of little clicks and distortions that seem to be coming from the drums.

A few examples

Right in Two: about 13 seconds in, white noise just fades in and out

Jambi: 6:37 What the fuck is that? This is coming right from the cd and it sounds like an mp3.

Rosetta Stoned: about 6:54.... not so much white noise but weird glitchy/clicky distortions. You can hear it well during the drum roll right after that.

When Vicarious kicks in you can hear clicky distortions that seem to be coming from the drums.... but then it goes away as soon as the words start.

Anyone else hear this? And don't just be like "DUZ RETARD I HAVENT NOTICEDED OMG loL!!!" Get some good headphones and you'll be able to hear it.
TOOL knows what they want, and they achieve it. You are in no position to question anything regarding their art. BYE.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #230
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 52

Quote:
Does anyone else notice all the white noise on this record? I'm listening to it with good headphones through a 96khz audio interface... I couldn't hear this stuff through the stereo, but there seems to be this rediculous, unnesessary amount of white noise throughout the album. And there are also a lot of little clicks and distortions that seem to be coming from the drums.

A few examples

Right in Two: about 13 seconds in, white noise just fades in and out

Jambi: 6:37 What the fuck is that? This is coming right from the cd and it sounds like an mp3.

Rosetta Stoned: about 6:54.... not so much white noise but weird glitchy/clicky distortions. You can hear it well during the drum roll right after that.

When Vicarious kicks in you can hear clicky distortions that seem to be coming from the drums.... but then it goes away as soon as the words start.

Anyone else hear this? And don't just be like "DUZ RETARD I HAVENT NOTICEDED OMG loL!!!" Get some good headphones and you'll be able to hear it.
TOOL knows what they want, and they achieve it. You are in no position to question anything regarding their art. BYE.
05-23-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah, if Tool did it, it's good, even if it sucks.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #231
amateur alchemist

Quote:
05-23-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
they haven't really done anything that sucks.

too bad for you and your perception, they have, i'm gathering?

poor guy. what will you do now?

I guess you'll have to get back in the studio and record something superior to 10,000 Days.

Good Luck. =D
Old 05-23-2006, 12:38 PM   #232
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

I guess you'll have to get back in the studio and record something superior to 10,000 Days.

Good Luck. =D
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
05-23-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:

Good Luck. =D
Exegesis! You're at it again! Pickin' a fight!

I guess it's a means to an end for you. Good luck in your endeavors, my friend. BTW, how did the ALBUM FLOW thread end up?
Old 05-23-2006, 12:42 PM   #233
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:

Good Luck. =D

I guess it's a means to an end for you. Good luck in your endeavors, my friend. BTW, how did the ALBUM FLOW thread end up?
05-23-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Good Luck. =D
Yeah, lets try to get this thread back on track. It's a discusion of the _obviously flawed_ production quality. White nosie. Clipping. It's there, you're lucky if you can't hear it.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #234
amateur alchemist

Quote:

Good Luck. =D
Yeah, lets try to get this thread back on track. It's a discusion of the _obviously flawed_ production quality. White nosie. Clipping. It's there, you're lucky if you can't hear it.
05-23-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota

Uh huh, and you've added so much value to this thread with your comment to ME. When will you learn not to take the bait, boy?

My opinion was that anything extra noise (white noise) is there on purpose, and fits with the theme/songs of the album. Sitting around complaining about it and whining to a messageboard is sad. Like I said, anybody that has a problem with "white noise" should go spend their cash on a studio and see what great wonders THEY can come up with. I'd LOVE to hear it. NUFF SAID.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #235
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota

Uh huh, and you've added so much value to this thread with your comment to ME. When will you learn not to take the bait, boy?

My opinion was that anything extra noise (white noise) is there on purpose, and fits with the theme/songs of the album. Sitting around complaining about it and whining to a messageboard is sad. Like I said, anybody that has a problem with "white noise" should go spend their cash on a studio and see what great wonders THEY can come up with. I'd LOVE to hear it. NUFF SAID.
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
there is no obvious flaw in the production quality.

there is an obvious pretentious perception from you that is preventing you from enjoying this particular work of art by the band TOOL.

get over yourself. that's my advice.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #236
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

there is an obvious pretentious perception from you that is preventing you from enjoying this particular work of art by the band TOOL.

get over yourself. that's my advice.
05-23-2006, 01:37 PM

I enjoy it till the drum rolls which pop and crack. Maybe you just aren't paying attention?

Quote:
Saying so does not make it true. There's 7 pages of this for a reason. Some people can hear it, others (like you) cannot. How about YOU get over yourself and leave this thread alone?

Last edited by resonance.; 05-23-2006 at 01:41 PM..
Old 05-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #237
amateur alchemist

I enjoy it till the drum rolls which pop and crack. Maybe you just aren't paying attention?

Quote:
Saying so does not make it true. There's 7 pages of this for a reason. Some people can hear it, others (like you) cannot. How about YOU get over yourself and leave this thread alone?

Last edited by resonance.; 05-23-2006 at 01:41 PM..
Noumenon's Avatar Noumenon
05-23-2006, 01:41 PM

Dude*, it's painfully obvious that you have no idea whatsoever what we're discussing here and from what point of view, so spare yourself the shame and keep out of the discussion.

Thanks! (No, not really, you silly goose! It's sarcasm!)

Seriously, I'm getting tired of all the 'it's intentional' posts here. If it was intentional they would have made sure it would have a greater effect, so that not only a bunch of geeks with headphones would hear it.

*Exegesis
Old 05-23-2006, 01:41 PM   #238
Level 4 - Thinker

Dude*, it's painfully obvious that you have no idea whatsoever what we're discussing here and from what point of view, so spare yourself the shame and keep out of the discussion.

Seriously, I'm getting tired of all the 'it's intentional' posts here. If it was intentional they would have made sure it would have a greater effect, so that not only a bunch of geeks with headphones would hear it.

*Exegesis
05-23-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noumenon

*Exegesis
What have you succeeded at? Just ask yourself that for once. You've heard some mysterious "white noise". Whoa.

I personally hate string scrapes from the bass. Bass players should only play perfect notes with no excess noise from the strings. JC might thing its cool, but I think it's white noise to me! In fact, I'm noticing this keyboard is making white noise as I type this! Why aren't there silent keyboards!??!?!?!

MY point is that you people have your heads up your asses. Keep it there if you want, but don't expect anything to be clear (including 10,000 Days).

Meaning: Before 10k came out, the kind of people that notice and complain about white noise on albums are the kind of people that always and already have their heads up their asses. IT just solidifies it for the people HERE that use this messageboard. Thanks for the head up! Or, in your collective cases, the heads UP your asses!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #239
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noumenon

*Exegesis
What have you succeeded at? Just ask yourself that for once. You've heard some mysterious "white noise". Whoa.

I personally hate string scrapes from the bass. Bass players should only play perfect notes with no excess noise from the strings. JC might thing its cool, but I think it's white noise to me! In fact, I'm noticing this keyboard is making white noise as I type this! Why aren't there silent keyboards!??!?!?!

MY point is that you people have your heads up your asses. Keep it there if you want, but don't expect anything to be clear (including 10,000 Days).

Meaning: Before 10k came out, the kind of people that notice and complain about white noise on albums are the kind of people that always and already have their heads up their asses. IT just solidifies it for the people HERE that use this messageboard. Thanks for the head up! Or, in your collective cases, the heads UP your asses!
05-23-2006, 01:59 PM

Quote:

yeah, we should string up DC and beat him for stupid drum rolls that crack. stupid guy. dumb, dumb drummer! ALL drummers are pretty stupid. I know this from personal experience.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #240
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

yeah, we should string up DC and beat him for stupid drum rolls that crack. stupid guy. dumb, dumb drummer! ALL drummers are pretty stupid. I know this from personal experience.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply