Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
03-04-2006, 11:14 PM

forgive me, but a majority of the bands listed here, I wouldn't care to see. I'd rather see a band that peaks my interest, rather then one that gives me a reason to go to the concession stand. When I saw Tool, they were with Tomahawk. I liked one of the songs, but the rest of it was annoying. I've never been a big Mike Patton fan, so Fantomas or Tomahawk, again, would do nothing for me. (this is not disrespect to Patton, he's a brilliant man)

I however would rather see something that is, in my opinion, better. I'd rather see the Deftones. I know that's a long shot, but they at least aren't some no name band that a majority of the crowd will boo (as they did Tomahawk).
Old 03-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #121
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144
Re: Support for Tool on new tour.

forgive me, but a majority of the bands listed here, I wouldn't care to see. I'd rather see a band that peaks my interest, rather then one that gives me a reason to go to the concession stand. When I saw Tool, they were with Tomahawk. I liked one of the songs, but the rest of it was annoying. I've never been a big Mike Patton fan, so Fantomas or Tomahawk, again, would do nothing for me. (this is not disrespect to Patton, he's a brilliant man)

I however would rather see something that is, in my opinion, better. I'd rather see the Deftones. I know that's a long shot, but they at least aren't some no name band that a majority of the crowd will boo (as they did Tomahawk).
03-04-2006, 11:59 PM

How about Alice in Chains? Aren't they doing some type of reunion tour soon? That would be fucking sick - to an extent of course.

I'd fucking kill myself if they hire that weiner from Puddle of Mudd to sing for them. I actually almost cried when I heard him on that MP3. I'm an AIC purist. <3 Layne...

So I dont think this will happen but still itd be cool...maybe nard could sing for em?

EDIT: As an AIC purist I rescind my suggestion that Maynard sing in the place of Layne Staley God rest his soul.

Last edited by InertUniformity; 03-05-2006 at 12:01 AM..
Old 03-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #122
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

How about Alice in Chains? Aren't they doing some type of reunion tour soon? That would be fucking sick - to an extent of course.

I'd fucking kill myself if they hire that weiner from Puddle of Mudd to sing for them. I actually almost cried when I heard him on that MP3. I'm an AIC purist. <3 Layne...

So I dont think this will happen but still itd be cool...maybe nard could sing for em?

EDIT: As an AIC purist I rescind my suggestion that Maynard sing in the place of Layne Staley God rest his soul.

Last edited by InertUniformity; 03-05-2006 at 12:01 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Nimh
03-05-2006, 12:15 AM

It'd make my life if PTree opened. I love that fucking band, and I've seen 'em live before. They put on a hell of a show. Follow that shit with TooL, I could die happy. Isis or Dredg would make me very happy as well. I don't listen to much Meshuggah. Circa Survive would be interesting as well...I just saw them, and the singer was definately on something, but it was a tight show. I doubt CS tho, no talk surrounding that match up.

Progressive, experimental rock with hip-hop vocals. Check it out, let me know what you think!

Hold on, hold on, Children, hold on
Old 03-05-2006, 12:15 AM   #123
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 79

It'd make my life if PTree opened. I love that fucking band, and I've seen 'em live before. They put on a hell of a show. Follow that shit with TooL, I could die happy. Isis or Dredg would make me very happy as well. I don't listen to much Meshuggah. Circa Survive would be interesting as well...I just saw them, and the singer was definately on something, but it was a tight show. I doubt CS tho, no talk surrounding that match up.

Progressive, experimental rock with hip-hop vocals. Check it out, let me know what you think!

Hold on, hold on, Children, hold on
OFFLINE |  
fruze
03-10-2006, 06:13 AM

So as I red on polish info sites,Tool's support for concert in Katowice is ISIS.Yessssssss!!!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 06:13 AM   #124
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

So as I red on polish info sites,Tool's support for concert in Katowice is ISIS.Yessssssss!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
retrovertigo's Avatar retrovertigo
03-12-2006, 05:25 AM

may Butcher please?
Old 03-12-2006, 05:25 AM   #125
Level 1 - Lurker

may Butcher please?
03-12-2006, 06:04 AM

Sikth - Opeth - Meshuggah

Would be nice to see.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:04 AM   #126
Level 4 - Thinker

Sikth - Opeth - Meshuggah

Would be nice to see.
OFFLINE |  
ParabolicCallus's Avatar ParabolicCallus
03-12-2006, 06:59 AM

Isis would be awesome, as would Meshuggah, but the latter have supported them many times before so it may be likely that they fancy a change. However there was also a post on the Isis site recnetly saying that their recording schedule wouldnt fit with supporting Tool in the summer. Deftones would be ace tho.

But in the UK we havent even got any confirmed dates yet, let alone supporting acts :(
Old 03-12-2006, 06:59 AM   #127
Level 2 - Poster

Isis would be awesome, as would Meshuggah, but the latter have supported them many times before so it may be likely that they fancy a change. However there was also a post on the Isis site recnetly saying that their recording schedule wouldnt fit with supporting Tool in the summer. Deftones would be ace tho.

But in the UK we havent even got any confirmed dates yet, let alone supporting acts :(
OFFLINE |  
not_okay's Avatar not_okay
03-12-2006, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruze
no it ain't.

isis tour manager:

'Isis will not go on tour in June, they are in the studio during that period.
Tool invited them, but they can't come over, there's a small chance they can come over for a few selected festival dates with Tool in July, but they don't really feel like changing their recording plans. I honestly don't think they will come over, Isis always sticks to their own way of doing things...'

aaron turner:

'we are NOT playing with tool in poland.
sorry. we were offered the show, but we'll be recording at that time.
thanks for asking though...'
Old 03-12-2006, 08:38 AM   #128
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruze
no it ain't.

isis tour manager:

'Isis will not go on tour in June, they are in the studio during that period.
Tool invited them, but they can't come over, there's a small chance they can come over for a few selected festival dates with Tool in July, but they don't really feel like changing their recording plans. I honestly don't think they will come over, Isis always sticks to their own way of doing things...'

aaron turner:

'we are NOT playing with tool in poland.
sorry. we were offered the show, but we'll be recording at that time.
thanks for asking though...'
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply