opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima
User Name
Password
Old 09-28-2005, 01:58 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Subliminal Message!!!

So everyone knows that there are numerous subliminal messages throughout the Ænima album, some are more noticable than others, and also the one on No Quarter.

I've been learning how to listen to these messages very precisely. Usually there are about 10 or more voices all saying their own things at their own pace, the important thing to remember is that they are infact speaking at a normal rate, instead of really fast which is how it may seem. It sounds like they speak fast, or a single voice is speaking fast because there are so many speaking at once. They even have pauses where you're left stranded for a while untill that character starts up again.

You've gotta tune yourself into a specific voice and only listen to that one in particular, like you're listening to a person in the midst of a chattering crowd. So if you're wearing headphones, find out which frequency and which direction the character is in, and then totally focus all of your attention on him, pretending that the person is really there speaking to you.

***Okay, so about a year ago, there was a thread here in TDN that was about the Third Eye subliminal message that occurs around the 11 minute mark. He had managed to filter out the sound so that you'd get mostly just the voices and a few selected frequencies of the music.

I got the sound file off of him, and listened to it a few times and it sounded freaky as hell... and now, a year later I went back to it, and attempted to understand what was being said. And so I went to decipher the message from the most obvious speaker, who seems to be of a normal toned voice, and is located nearly in the middle of the sound circumference.

Keep in mind that the voice sounded very scary, and very threatning, first time hearing it I freaked out and got paranoid... Embrace yourself!

"Hey look, you better keep quiet about this, because if you don't - I will be out there and I will come find you and make you feel real fucking nasty! I will tear your FACE OFF! And shit like that."

God help me this stuff is spooky!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:56 AM   #2
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554
Re: Subliminal Message!!!

He was talking to you. You're screwed now.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye
He was talking to you. You're screwed now.
Thats what I first thought. =)
Old 09-28-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

hahaha.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:01 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2410

Does anybody have sample of this? It sounds great.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Yea it does!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

This wins.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:21 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

sounds cool. need a link to it.......
Old 05-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

How do you know those voices were really on the album? Perhaps they really were there, talking to you, making you feel like a dirty little....err, nevermind.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

What other subliminal messages have you found? If you guys claim there a numerous subliminal messages on the album I would apperciate it you named some more as an example. The only ones I'm familiar with are the whispered part on Eulogy (if you want to count that) and some unclear whispering on Third Eye. Any feed back will greatly appreciated.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

Seems Tool likes to hide their sense of humor deep into their music, just another piece of themselves them put into it.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd_jambi
Seems Tool likes to hide their sense of humor deep into their music, just another piece of themselves them put into it.
hahaha, yeah, if this is on the money then I don't think I've ever heard of anything funnier than a subliminal message that says "if you tell anybody about this shit YOU'RE DEAD! GNNAAAAHHHH!"
Old 05-26-2006, 12:59 AM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFmate
What other subliminal messages have you found? If you guys claim there a numerous subliminal messages on the album I would apperciate it you named some more as an example. The only ones I'm familiar with are the whispered part on Eulogy (if you want to count that) and some unclear whispering on Third Eye. Any feed back will greatly appreciated.

There are tons of extra sounds and whispers all over Aenima. Almost every song has some sort of whisper or low moaning/growling, and beeps and shit. There was a version of Sony's pc media player (forgot the name) that had a vocal filter which in Aenima actually made the guitars a lot clearer, and you could hear a lot of that stuff. If your trying to learn Aenima on guitar, check it out (someone remind me what the name of that program is).

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/markmattermusic.htm

www.matter4u.com pics and music
Old 05-28-2006, 07:50 AM   #14

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by k~nug
There are tons of extra sounds and whispers all over Aenima. Almost every song has some sort of whisper or low moaning/growling, and beeps and shit. There was a version of Sony's pc media player (forgot the name) that had a vocal filter which in Aenima actually made the guitars a lot clearer, and you could hear a lot of that stuff. If your trying to learn Aenima on guitar, check it out (someone remind me what the name of that program is).
Are you not just talking about the Sound Effect manager thing which has a karaoke voice cancellation option? I think most PCs have it(?) - mine does anyway so I'm gonna have to check this sheeyat out.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 2701

wanna tell me at what time this message on third eye appears
Old 05-28-2006, 09:39 PM   #16

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cows
Are you not just talking about the Sound Effect manager thing which has a karaoke voice cancellation option? I think most PCs have it(?) - mine does anyway so I'm gonna have to check this sheeyat out.
na, Sony's Sonic Stage media player. It had a bunch of effects on it. One was the vocal canceller. Worked for most albums, except Aenima, it would hide the vocals, but the guitars would all the sudden be clear as a bell. You could totally figure out what was going on, since the guitars were always kinda muddy on that record anyway. I used it to learn some of the parts where the guitars were really embedded, like the drum solo/breakdown on 46&2, where its just guitar and bass and they're really blended together. I knew I heard some dissonance, but with that prog I figured out the bass was playing the main riff, while the guitar was going

12-12-10-13-12-12-10 Guitar

12-10-13p12-12-10-13p12 Bass

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/markmattermusic.htm

www.matter4u.com pics and music
Old 05-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #17
derriere extraordinaire
(Winner, TTU #1)

Bincount™: 50

There's a secret message in Vicarious.