Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
09-12-2010, 07:48 AM

I've been reading through Maynard's posts with Caduceus recently, and I'm proud of him. Before I read through the Journal section of this site I was very set in "I want Tool, I want his music, not wine." But now that I have gone through all of them I see that he is so very happy with this. He's proud and inspired and in sync with his world, and I am now entirely content. If he were to say, "I'm done with this, I'm just doing Caduceus now." tomorrow, I would be sad but it would be alright because he's really happy in what he's doing.

A lot of people seem to be thinking this next album (generally slated for mid 2011 release) is going to be Tool's last and if it is I think they've matured so far, I don't know that anything could beat 10,000 Days, but if it does it would be yet another (or final) tier of understanding. If this is their last album I think they will pour their souls into it, and it's going to be absolutely amazing, no matter if it's their last or they continue on. And a lot of people have also said they want Maynard to quit with all this other stuff and just do Tool, which I agree(d?) with and then I saw this. There's so much calm here. Honestly, read through the Journal section of Caduceus. The positive feeling just flows.

I just wanted to say that I'm glad for him, and that he gave us what we wanted with Tool, APC, and Puscifer, but if this is really what he wants to do now it's totally fine with me. Maynard, thank you for all that you do. And thank you to all of the other amazing artists, Justin, Daney, Adam, Alex, Billy, Paz, everyone who has put their personal additions into all of this beautiful, inspiring, amazing music. Spiral out, keep going.

** Title: This is a repost because those of Interact are apparently not mature enough to see that some people actually appreciate Tool and they want to state their opinion. So I've reposted here.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 09-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89
Caduceus and Maynard's Direction

I've been reading through Maynard's posts with Caduceus recently, and I'm proud of him. Before I read through the Journal section of this site I was very set in "I want Tool, I want his music, not wine." But now that I have gone through all of them I see that he is so very happy with this. He's proud and inspired and in sync with his world, and I am now entirely content. If he were to say, "I'm done with this, I'm just doing Caduceus now." tomorrow, I would be sad but it would be alright because he's really happy in what he's doing.

A lot of people seem to be thinking this next album (generally slated for mid 2011 release) is going to be Tool's last and if it is I think they've matured so far, I don't know that anything could beat 10,000 Days, but if it does it would be yet another (or final) tier of understanding. If this is their last album I think they will pour their souls into it, and it's going to be absolutely amazing, no matter if it's their last or they continue on. And a lot of people have also said they want Maynard to quit with all this other stuff and just do Tool, which I agree(d?) with and then I saw this. There's so much calm here. Honestly, read through the Journal section of Caduceus. The positive feeling just flows.

I just wanted to say that I'm glad for him, and that he gave us what we wanted with Tool, APC, and Puscifer, but if this is really what he wants to do now it's totally fine with me. Maynard, thank you for all that you do. And thank you to all of the other amazing artists, Justin, Daney, Adam, Alex, Billy, Paz, everyone who has put their personal additions into all of this beautiful, inspiring, amazing music. Spiral out, keep going.

** Title: This is a repost because those of Interact are apparently not mature enough to see that some people actually appreciate Tool and they want to state their opinion. So I've reposted here.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
StoneyB's Avatar StoneyB
09-23-2010, 03:15 AM

I agree. It's important that Maynard and the other members indulge in other projects. It gives them a chance to filter out other aspects of their creativity that wouldn't really work with Tool. The band is at a very positive stage in their career, although most people dismiss it. They are four individuals with completely different interests and without time apart they can't explore those interests. Now that they are refreshed they should be writing some great stuff.

I doubt this will be their last album.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:15 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12
Re: Caduceus and Maynard's Direction

I agree. It's important that Maynard and the other members indulge in other projects. It gives them a chance to filter out other aspects of their creativity that wouldn't really work with Tool. The band is at a very positive stage in their career, although most people dismiss it. They are four individuals with completely different interests and without time apart they can't explore those interests. Now that they are refreshed they should be writing some great stuff.

I doubt this will be their last album.
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
09-23-2010, 08:53 AM

Everyone seems to want to prescribe their own ideals onto their favorite band(s). I read about it all the time; people talking shit about Maynard because he's into wine instead of Tool, or APC instead of Tool, or the fact that he didn't write a new Tool song yesterday.

Tool is fantastic but all their production has been borne out of natural creativity. I don't think anything they've done is forced; they go into the studio when they're good and ready, they make music videos on their schedule, and they tour when they want. The bottom line is, I want to see the bandmembers doing what fulfills them. If that happens to be Tool, fantastic, that means we'll see an excellent Tool album. Otherwise, they're all extremely talented and I'm sure we'll see some sort of output from them anyway.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Tool. and I love APC and Puscifer. One thing I hope is that Maynard doesn't turn his back on music as long as he can still do it. I wholeheartedly approve of his wine project (even though I hate wine) but I hope he still gives us his music---Tool, APC, Puscifer, whatever. I'm not gonna be angry with him if he decides to do something else...just disappointed :(
Old 09-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Everyone seems to want to prescribe their own ideals onto their favorite band(s). I read about it all the time; people talking shit about Maynard because he's into wine instead of Tool, or APC instead of Tool, or the fact that he didn't write a new Tool song yesterday.

Tool is fantastic but all their production has been borne out of natural creativity. I don't think anything they've done is forced; they go into the studio when they're good and ready, they make music videos on their schedule, and they tour when they want. The bottom line is, I want to see the bandmembers doing what fulfills them. If that happens to be Tool, fantastic, that means we'll see an excellent Tool album. Otherwise, they're all extremely talented and I'm sure we'll see some sort of output from them anyway.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Tool. and I love APC and Puscifer. One thing I hope is that Maynard doesn't turn his back on music as long as he can still do it. I wholeheartedly approve of his wine project (even though I hate wine) but I hope he still gives us his music---Tool, APC, Puscifer, whatever. I'm not gonna be angry with him if he decides to do something else...just disappointed :(
09-23-2010, 11:24 PM

word.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

word.
StoneyB's Avatar StoneyB
09-23-2010, 11:25 PM

Oh, let's not forget his acting. In Crank 2, he really convinced me that he was a man in the park.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Oh, let's not forget his acting. In Crank 2, he really convinced me that he was a man in the park.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply