Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Blahspeaker's Avatar Blahspeaker
03-25-2010, 03:07 PM

Does anyone have a Good clear description of what tool believes about life?
any links? even just share your personal opinion.
I know they are into bill hicks idea's and such. (by the way everyone should look him up)
Since we are all tool fans here this slightly implies we agree with their beliefs. ... or just love their music lol. (if i missed a similar discussion on here, sorry for posting a new one).
Old 03-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Tool's beliefs?

Does anyone have a Good clear description of what tool believes about life?
any links? even just share your personal opinion.
I know they are into bill hicks idea's and such. (by the way everyone should look him up)
Since we are all tool fans here this slightly implies we agree with their beliefs. ... or just love their music lol. (if i missed a similar discussion on here, sorry for posting a new one).
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
03-26-2010, 02:24 PM

boy..

uhm.

well, "tool" is 4 dudes, not 1, but i assume you're wanting to know what maynard's beliefs are.

No one knows.

I seriously doubt he is religious in any sort of traditional sense.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695
Re: Tool's beliefs?

boy..

uhm.

well, "tool" is 4 dudes, not 1, but i assume you're wanting to know what maynard's beliefs are.

No one knows.

I seriously doubt he is religious in any sort of traditional sense.
03-26-2010, 06:10 PM

yeah i agree with Carny, no way would Maynard, or any of the guys be fundamentalists or anything. they're probably agnostics for mine. i doubt they're atheists

i think most people (me included) stay open minded about a God, the same as people are with ufo's, ghosts and other phenomena. we're interested enough to entertain the idea, and consider it plausible, we just need our very own first hand experience to be convinced

for an insight into their interpretations of what's going on here on Earth though, i'd suggest listening to Vicarious and Right in two again. it's not too subtle ;)
Old 03-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

yeah i agree with Carny, no way would Maynard, or any of the guys be fundamentalists or anything. they're probably agnostics for mine. i doubt they're atheists

i think most people (me included) stay open minded about a God, the same as people are with ufo's, ghosts and other phenomena. we're interested enough to entertain the idea, and consider it plausible, we just need our very own first hand experience to be convinced

for an insight into their interpretations of what's going on here on Earth though, i'd suggest listening to Vicarious and Right in two again. it's not too subtle ;)
03-27-2010, 06:42 AM

Maynard's of the 'Pay to Come See Me, I May Even Say 'Hi' To You' sect of Douchebagism.

imo
Old 03-27-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1385

Maynard's of the 'Pay to Come See Me, I May Even Say 'Hi' To You' sect of Douchebagism.

imo
Blahspeaker's Avatar Blahspeaker
03-27-2010, 09:33 AM

yea obviously they are not fundamentalists hahaha
I agree with the vicarious and right in two songs, they are a good depiction of what tool believes in a sense. =P

soo what is this you speak of infinitee??
Old 03-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

yea obviously they are not fundamentalists hahaha
I agree with the vicarious and right in two songs, they are a good depiction of what tool believes in a sense. =P

03-31-2010, 01:54 AM

Tool's agreed upon beliefs are Lachromolgy, sacred geometry, occultism, some eastern philosophies, chaos theory, and Jungianism. Beyond these large strokes you would probably have to sit down and talk with each band member extensively.

I'm pretty sure none of them are atheists or agnostics, though.

Reason for thinking this...as follows:

Alex Grey believes in God and Life after Death. Alex Grey and Tool are good friends. Lot's of times people are friends because of shared beliefs. They could possibly share this belief. Since this belief is the result of Psychedelic Drug use in Alex's situation and The members of Tool have for certain used these types of drugs and even promoted them, I think it is highly probable they could have a shared experience and belief.

Q. Why do we care what those fuckers that take for fucking ever to make album think anyway?

A. It's what we do while waiting on them to make another album.

Last edited by TOD; 03-31-2010 at 01:56 AM..
Old 03-31-2010, 01:54 AM   #6
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310

Tool's agreed upon beliefs are Lachromolgy, sacred geometry, occultism, some eastern philosophies, chaos theory, and Jungianism. Beyond these large strokes you would probably have to sit down and talk with each band member extensively.

I'm pretty sure none of them are atheists or agnostics, though.

Reason for thinking this...as follows:

Alex Grey believes in God and Life after Death. Alex Grey and Tool are good friends. Lot's of times people are friends because of shared beliefs. They could possibly share this belief. Since this belief is the result of Psychedelic Drug use in Alex's situation and The members of Tool have for certain used these types of drugs and even promoted them, I think it is highly probable they could have a shared experience and belief.

Q. Why do we care what those fuckers that take for fucking ever to make album think anyway?

A. It's what we do while waiting on them to make another album.

Last edited by TOD; 03-31-2010 at 01:56 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
03-31-2010, 08:40 AM

^ I like TOD

@OP, The answer ... as far as I am concerned ... is right in front of you. Tool's artwork, their music, their videos, and any interviews you can lay your eyes and ears on will paint a picture of what Tool "believes".

As far as I am concerned; I think if you were to actually ask all four members of Tool this question (either individually or as a whole) you will probably get the same question back... "Well what do you believe in?"

Tool is really about asking questions... and in asking those questions, not being bound by any mental, social, religious, or political constraints. Just..... explore. Learn. Live. And dont be a dumbass. Giggle every now and then. Just because someone says you shouldn't, doesn't mean you can't; but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Hmmm I like that last line.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

^ I like TOD

@OP, The answer ... as far as I am concerned ... is right in front of you. Tool's artwork, their music, their videos, and any interviews you can lay your eyes and ears on will paint a picture of what Tool "believes".

As far as I am concerned; I think if you were to actually ask all four members of Tool this question (either individually or as a whole) you will probably get the same question back... "Well what do you believe in?"

Tool is really about asking questions... and in asking those questions, not being bound by any mental, social, religious, or political constraints. Just..... explore. Learn. Live. And dont be a dumbass. Giggle every now and then. Just because someone says you shouldn't, doesn't mean you can't; but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Hmmm I like that last line.
infinitee's Avatar infinitee
03-31-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahspeaker View Post
Go look at Puscifer's site and look for an update a couple of months ago about people getting a tour of his winery.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahspeaker View Post
Go look at Puscifer's site and look for an update a couple of months ago about people getting a tour of his winery.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply