opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Schism
User Name
Password
Old 10-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13
Scientology reference?

Does anyone think the little creatures in the video are a depiction of Scientology's body thetans?

Here are some excerpts from Wikipedia about them:

In Scientology, a thetan is the term roughly corresponding to one's "soul", and a Body Thetan is an alien thetan who is 'stuck' in, on or near a human body, and all human bodies are said to be covered in these misplaced thetans, or clusters of them.

Body Thetans, according to Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, cling to a body because they have lost their free will as a result of an event in their past.

A Body Thetan (or group(s) of them) can contribute to a person being sick or having difficulty with a body part.

Body thetans...are said to be still clinging to and adversely affecting everyone except those Scientologists who have performed the necessary steps to remove them.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 5441
Re: Scientology reference?

umm...you're joking right?

tool despises scientology and it's no secret. haven't you listened to aenema?
"Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion."
-Bruce Lee
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth's shadow View Post
umm...you're joking right?

tool despises scientology and it's no secret. haven't you listened to aenema?
Obviously, I don't think that they are using it as a promotional tool for Scientology. I think this material could have been used in the video in a joking sense. Body Thetans are associated with the story of Xenu. This story is often mentioned by critics of Scientology because it is considered very bizarre. Scientologists try to keep this material secret because it doesn't show their religion in a good light.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 5441

is that quote in your signature real?
god damn.
"Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion."
-Bruce Lee
Old 10-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth's shadow View Post
is that quote in your signature real?
god damn.
Yep, its real alright. I found it amusing that Tool was mentioned on a popular tv station and it made absolutely no sense.

I think it was said by John Buccigross on Sportscenter after the Oilers won a game in the Stanley Cup Finals last season. This guy often goes to ridiculous lengths to insert musical references into his reporting. A few weeks ago he referenced Tool again in a column. He used lyrics from the song, Tickes and Leeches, to issue a grim prediction for the Avalanche this season. Here is the link if you're interested:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...e=NHLHeadlines
Old 10-31-2006, 08:41 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice5199 View Post
Obviously, I don't think that they are using it as a promotional tool for Scientology. I think this material could have been used in the video in a joking sense. Body Thetans are associated with the story of Xenu. This story is often mentioned by critics of Scientology because it is considered very bizarre. Scientologists try to keep this material secret because it doesn't show their religion in a good light.
Beware these people. Scientologists are seriously screwed up. Tool is right to depise them. Nothing but brain-washed fanatics, whackos and con artists. They would be laughable if they weren't so dangerous. Just look at Tom Cruise and how unbalanced he is. They scam weak-minded fools and vulnerable people so they can rip them off by charging outrageous sums for their "auditing sessions" and other materials. Lives have been ruined. They will lie, cheat, blackmail, sue, invade privacy and commit assualt if criticized or questioned. I have no love for organized religion in any form but calling Scientology a religion is an insult to all other religions. They are a cult, pure and simple. Anybody who buys L. Ron Hubbard books should have their head examined. They are anathema to rational thinking beings. Sorry for this rant but I just really fucking hate them.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: