opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Salival » 3. Pushit
User Name
Password
Old 04-16-2003, 07:33 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Pushit-amazing

I was amazed and I think in awe when I heard this song first..I was literally on the verge of suicide when I heard Pushit and it was an overwhelming and mind blowing experience. The song expresses so many feelings..so many emotions..that to classify it as amazing is perhaps unfair.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:40 AM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Pushit

The version of Pushit on Salival is easily my favourite Tool song as every time I hear those opening,ethereal guitar notes I shudder.It has saved my life too...it is an amazing piece of aural art...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 03:54 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: Pushit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined Eye
The version of Pushit on Salival is easily my favourite Tool song as every time I hear those opening,ethereal guitar notes I shudder.It has saved my life too...it is an amazing piece of aural art...

those opening notes, in conjuction with maynard's voice, create an awesome effect.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:59 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

my favourite part has to be the beginning and the part where Maynard sings, 'I must persuade u another way'.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:22 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Re: Pushit-amazing

Quote:
those opening notes, in conjuction with maynard's voice, create an awesome effect.
Yeah, just that 'Saw the gap again today, While you were begging me to stay'. I love that.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:44 AM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Yeah, everytime I hear those lines it gives me goosebumps. This song is SO amazing to see live, and I'm glad I've had that wonderful experience. This song truely is amazing.
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:11 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

I haven't seen it live (you lucky bastard), but still, whenever I put this song on, it grabs me, shakes me, and wakes me up to another world. Everything around me seems to fade away, and if I listen to this while staring at a candle, the flame condenses to a singularity, with nothing around it except the sound, which circulates, surrounding everything. There are a few songs that do stuff like that to me.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:48 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Then just wait until you see it live. :D
Old 12-15-2003, 07:57 PM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Maynard also really sets the scene for the journey and mood of this beautiful version, when he utters the words "we need you to find a comfortable space, that is not only comfortable, but vulnerable. I want you to shut your eyes and go there, and we'll meet you on the other side.." Maynard's angelic-voice intertwines and flows seamlessly through the layers of guitars and bongo-sounding drums, creating a soothing, uplifting and eerily-beautiful effect.. This song always inspires intense feelings of emotion.. every time I listen to this song I cannot help weeping.. in love, in pain, in agony, in ecstasy...
Old 12-15-2003, 08:29 PM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:42 AM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36

I consider both versions to be the epitome of tool's writing abilities. I do so because in both versions it goes thru so many different feelings/emotions/phases. No other band has written a song that will take its listeners thru such a gamut of emotions, imo. It really is like taking a journey through something that sucks you in, tosses you around, cleans you up, and lets you out on 'the other side'.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:54 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

You guys are very poetic :D but yes, this song is truely the best song i have ever heard... i think third eye almost equals it, if not.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

THis is the best song tool has ever fucking made!!!! Pushitme Shovingme..............
Come Embrace my Desire to - feel the Rythm to - feel Connected, enough to step Aside - and Weep like a Widow to - feel Inspired to - Fathom the Power to - witness the Beauty to - Bathe in the Fountain to _-*)))Swing on the Spiral of our Divinty and still be a Human(((*-_ . . . . . . . . . .
Old 01-27-2004, 04:39 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 87

I am a huge tool fan, but once i heard this version, i hardly listen to the recorded version anymore.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:17 PM   #15
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

Damn right the song is amazing. What I think is really good is Maynard doesn't even have to make it all rhyme to make it sound like its "cleverly merged". Truly an amazing song!
Old 02-10-2004, 03:48 PM   #16
Orbis De Ignis

Bincount™: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis
You guys are very poetic :D but yes, this song is truely the best song i have ever heard... i think third eye almost equals it, if not.
Yeah Salival Pushit and Third Eye can't be beaten. I do prefer the studio version of Third Eye, though.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:22 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Tool really did an extraordinary job on the song. I want to cry whenever I hear it, but at the same time it comforts me. I am also comforted to know that there are other people who can appreciate the music, the art for what it is, and also to use it as a tool for whatever they can get out of it. It truly is amazing how a group of people can change so many people' s lives. I am so happy to be typing this right now!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:31 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

I love this song, it's great...
Old 02-25-2004, 05:24 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

oohhh.. i fuckin love PUSHIT!!! easily the best song ever! the live version and the one on Aenema are just.... Fuck words cannot even describe...
Old 02-26-2004, 07:01 AM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1142

pushit does have meaning to it, not the most poetic lyric maynard wrote, vocals are pretty much unmatchable. i have a band, my vocalist can get nowhere near the notes maynard hits. if anything i would like to know how maynard has so much silence in the song, but still it sounds good as u wait. i cant play this song yet on my guitar, but i guess i'll try sometime.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:27 AM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by findmyself
It truly is amazing how a group of people can change so many people' s lives.
Have not heard the version on Salival, kinda difficult to get where i am at... However, aenema's version has for a while been a favorite song of mine. Regarding the quote, i do not believe that a group of people can change so many people's lives - only that people change their own lives in reaction to experience. As far as musicians are concerned, they are not the talent, but conduits for a greater force (that i call the "Flow" of music). It is where that force is tapped into that differs from person to person. Hence, there is no personal preference in music, just a combination of different (mis)interpretaions of the flow and the extremity of the delve therein.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:32 AM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Someone here mentioned the 'bongo sounding drums';just wanted u to tell u that they are called Tablas.its a common percussion in the east!...

:)

Last edited by TheDisturbed1; 03-03-2004 at 07:35 AM..
Old 03-03-2004, 07:39 AM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 11
Re: Pushit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined Eye
...those opening,ethereal guitar notes ...

I just heard this version a few days ago... as soon as i got used to it, wow. now it's one of my faves, definitely. For some reason though, these guitar notes in the beginning that you're talking about, (the ones while mjk is talking) remind me of Eon for some reason...anyone else think that, or am i just insane? :)

Last edited by Raivenn; 03-03-2004 at 02:18 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: