opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 07-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
Jambi
Forty Six & 2
The Pot
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

"My throat still hurts and vagina itches" LOL Maynard is funny.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Fucking great show. Chicago, you were kind of lame but I forgive you. Those lasers were something else. "My throat hurts and my vagina itches."

"My doctor told me not to do this song . . . but you have great pizza." - then, The Pot.

The visuals were kind of unique . . they just played videos on 5 foot screens behind the band, the entire length of the stage . . . then the lasers came . .. . and then they started using the rest of the backdrop towards the last 3 songs . . . looked kind of like a Brite Lite board.

Maynard let the crowd sing the last 3 lines of Vicarious.

There are a lot of hotties that like Tool - which is nice.

Isis was pretty good . . . a few of their songs had similar endings to Tool . . use of the double kick drums and such.

Thanks again Tool for the ride.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Uhhh.......... hi.

Great pizza, and the Bears.

My first Tool show, and indeed a doozy. I was in Section 103 Row D about 20-30 feet away from Adam.

Only a few screaming idiots / mosh pit nerds tonight, which was nice. It was sort of sad to see people almost brawling over Danny's drumheads, though.

Last edited by Konflixion; 09-18-2006 at 09:15 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

setlist:

Stinkfist
Jambi
intro>46&2
The Pot
intro>Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days

Lateralus
intro>Vicarious
Aenima

Highlights:

Extended bridge section in Schism, featured a double time version of the normal bridge melody, a intense build up, then continued with the regular bridge section

Very ambient intro sections throughout the set, featured adam and maynard on keyboards.

Maynard had an extensive vocal effect rig on stage, included a backpack which he wore during Rosetta Stoned which produced a similar effect as on the studio version.

Intense 10,000 Days, completely changed the atmosphere of the show

Great visual effects throughout, especially later on when the lasers were introduced.

Maynard showed some love to Chicago, paying homage to the Bears and Pizza.

Flawless performance
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Stinkfist
Jambi
46 & 2
The Pot
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

Visually, the best I've ever seen them (my 3rd time). Unfortunately, the acoustics at the Allstate Arena FUCKING SUCK. I knew this already going into the show, having experienced its shittiness before, but I guess I can't blame the band for choosing this particular venue b/c from a financial standpoint, they probably made a buttload more as opposed to playing the United Center. All in all, a great fucking time, and I even got to experience it with my best friend (his first TOOL show).

*b/f the Pot, Maynard said that his doctor advised him not to sing the song, but since we have such good pizza and that we root for the Bears, he would. GO BEARS!

*Danny Carey is a golden god (as if you already didn't know).

Thanks guys for a solid show. Cheers, Dan
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

From where I sat, Tool sounded very good for most songs. Isis did sound like a flushing toilet most of the time, but maybe that's what they were aiming for.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

WOW, Just got home from the chicago show, secound of this tour and first was vegas... I have seen Tool many many times and I have to say this was one of the best shows that I have seen. I personaly thought the sound was great and the band played very very tight

Like i have said I have seen them around 10 times and if maynard was still sick he seem to blow other shows feeling good away.

I dont know what else to say that I am speachless and even tho I have 4th row for tomorrows show, I personaly dont think this show can be topped

Wings and Days, They owned that piece
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:30 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

They actually would have been quite good in my book had it not been for their singer who sounded like he had penises in his nostrils and that goofy keyboardist who looks like Napoleon Dynamite.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:33 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Isis was great. It's too bad thick-headed Tool fans don't know quality music when they hear it.

Another average performance from Tool. The lasers were cheesy as fuck, and the only real highlight was Lateralus. Nothing special.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:34 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Isis would be even better if they played a 45 minute extended version of Intermission to open every show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethos View Post
Isis was great. It's too bad thick-headed Tool fans don't know quality music when they hear it.

Another average performance from Tool. The lasers were cheesy as fuck, and the only real highlight was Lateralus. Nothing special.

The lasers (cool as fuck) weren't as bad as the faux christmas lights that first appeared during Lateralus and throughout the night. I am in agreement with the awesomeness of Lateralus; slowly becoming my favorite TOOL song of them all.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

I have to say that i was not really impressed. Maybe it was the acoustics and maybe it was the fact that the set list was exactly the same as their past few shows but they didn't thrill me like they did when i saw them at the riviera a few years back. The lasers were lame and the show just needed some spontaneity. I like when a band does different things with their music live and although i appreciate that tool plays tight as hell at all times i would like a little bit of variety. I didn't even bother listening to the opening band after their first song blew nuts so i can't comment on them. All-in-all a good effort but not the shining moments i was hoping for. BTW, the "backpack" is a battery pack for the bullhorn Maynard was using.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 09:54 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

man... i dont get how you just seen the same show that I did and you come away disapointed... I thought it owned and I am not just some minor tool fan, I know my shit and have played bass and guitar for 10 years

I think you all just want want want, and expect to much, take it in and appreciate what you get
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

he haw, mighty fine show people were really cool on the floor few idiots i was bout 35 feet in front of justin right center , there was a pit that 2 people tried to start during 2nd song but never got anywhere cause we all rebeled and shoved em back. some fool got caught about 20 feet in front of me with a dvd cam REJECTED OUT some girl got carried out 2 not sure what the deal was there. what was the thing around maynards left arm it looked like a pool float my kids ware but anyhu maynard sounded alright not 100% yet but well on his way. sound wasent the best but better than expected few times the bass just ratteld the speakers. meet some cool people in the parking lot they were in a mustaing we hung out till we got inside then split up only to find them again after the show they said they were gona follow us back to hammond indiana but never got behind us but o well great show over all b+ in my book hope to see you again nezt winter maynard ,gota get some sleep now i have to drive home to ohio in the morning and then work 3rd shift tomorrow.....................peace out said maynard!!!!!!!!! oh ya as for some people posting about the lazers at other shows theses rocked as far as im concerned.........
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:11 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

My 6th Tool show and it was another solid show. Two complaints though:

1) I understand that it's a 10,000 Days tour, but how can they not play anything off of Undertow? An extra song or two would've really made this show.

2) Maynard not belting out the end of Vicarious really hurt. Too bad his voice was still hurting. I guess we'll have to wait to hear it next time.

It was still a great show, the lasers were ok, but I didn't need them.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:14 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

for maynard being sick i think he gave quite a performance. a friend and i were talking about him dropping the last couple lines from vicarious, and although they are pinacle moments, i still enjoyed the rest of the band taking that song to the end. 2nd show this tour, first being coachella. i thought the addition of wings/10000 was quite fulfilling. justin's bass lines were pretty tight throughout the song, but watching him live gives a good appreciation for the song. i also liked rosetta quite a bit more this time, it sounded a bit more "practiced." hope to get to see them again this year or 07, happy concert-going to all those who will see them in the upcoming shows. i think maynards sickness is going away! enjoy!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:21 PM   #18
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Fucking fabulous!! Great show really awesome visuals and more from me tomorrow. Last thing Wings/10,000 Days was fucking awesome live!!
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH

Last edited by One Dark Flame; 09-18-2006 at 10:27 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Wow. A fantastic show to be certain. I have seen the band twice (in 2001 and 2002) and thought that tonight's performance rivaled the two I saw on their Lateralus Tour. A surprising musical highlight was Schism with the extended bridge. Otherwise, Jambi as well as Wings/10,000 Days were spectacular. I only wish the acoustics had been better (and the people in my section a bit less obnoxious). For all those yet to see TOOL on this particular tour, I hope you enjoy.

-Brian
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:36 PM   #20
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Anyone in section 109??
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Amazing show. I was totally sucked in from the moment Stinkfist started. Maynard informed us he was sick but he was there to try his best. He still sounded fucking great, though. The other three members were tight as ever, pretty much perfect in that area. The lights and lasers were awesome, and the whole stage/screen thing was pretty awesome too. Wings/10K days was amazing, as someone stated earlier, totally changed the mood of the show.

My only disappointments:

No Opiate/Right In Two/Sober..I was hoping for one of these three but I guess since Maynard is sick they are keeping the set pretty short. Oh well, that's a minor thing.

The crowd around me wasn't too good either. I was in section 201 and I felt like I was the only one who knew the words, I looked around and nobody else was singing/lip synching along. Oh well, minor detail too.

Next up..Madtown!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 11:17 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
Amazing show. I was totally sucked in from the moment Stinkfist started. Maynard informed us he was sick but he was there to try his best. He still sounded fucking great, though. The other three members were tight as ever, pretty much perfect in that area. The lights and lasers were awesome, and the whole stage/screen thing was pretty awesome too. Wings/10K days was amazing, as someone stated earlier, totally changed the mood of the show.

My only disappointments:

No Opiate/Right In Two/Sober..I was hoping for one of these three but I guess since Maynard is sick they are keeping the set pretty short. Oh well, that's a minor thing.

The crowd around me wasn't too good either. I was in section 201 and I felt like I was the only one who knew the words, I looked around and nobody else was singing/lip synching along. Oh well, minor detail too.

Next up..Madtown!
I was in section 210 and had the same problem. No one aroud me knew any of the words (It was even a problem during Stinkfist). However, that was a minor qualm in comparison to their talking throughout Wings/10,000 Days. What the fuck, people? Regardless, great show. The next time TOOL shows up in Chicago, I'd like to meet up with some TDN members. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 11:19 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Holy fucking shit. 'Nuff said.

"My throat hurts and my vagina itches..."
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-18-2006, 11:26 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

My 5th show. Not the best, but I attribute that mostly to the less than stellar sound up in section 201. There were half a dozen or so instances of sustained high pitched feedback that detracted from the song. Maynard was understandably holding back his vocals in some parts considering his illness, however he was still right on when he went for it.
In spite of the minor faults I had with the show it was still fantastic. I love that Sober was pushed aside in favor of a newer song. Wings pt.1 and 2 were great to hear live. The white stage floor and backdrop with varying lights and video footage displayed on it worked really well I thought. The lasers were pretty cool, but they seemed kind of out of place for a Tool show. All in all it was an amazing show, and I was not disappointed.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

tonight was my frist time seeing tool. they were amazing. but the people on the floor were a little too rough and i didnt get to enjoy the show as much. im not into moshing. i like to see shows without worrying about being punched or shoved around. +maynard was so cool... dancing and acting like he was riding a bull. i loved aenima.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 12:26 AM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 3

This was my very first live Tool experience.

I was on the balcony seating...dude with long hair, white Tool shirt and black pants.

At first I was worried I would miss the stage visuals, but much to my delight the stage floor was in perfect view of my row (204). Is it just me, or did Maynard and the rest of the boys seem REALLY into it tonight? I felt as if Maynard really wanted to perform for us. He put forth many screams tonight, even some that weren't in the original songs. I was thrilled. Does anyone know what people kept throwing on the stage? I saw at least three different instances where a black shirt or something was thrown on the stage. People in white coats had to go pick it up. My view exposed some guy behind Danny who sat behind him for pretty much the entire show. I thought it was pretty strange.

I'm not sure why people threw up their lighters during Lost Keys, but hey, the crowd was really into it. We all sang along with Maynard...he even repeated the verse from The Pot since we completed it for him before he did. It was awesome. The pre-encore with the band sitting there and Danny holding up his lighter was just cool beyond words. Danny was just amazing to see in person. That man is a god with drums.

I think the highlight songs of the night were Lateralus, 10,000 Days, and Aenima - Aenima especially. I noticed Maynard kept repeating the verse about druggies in that song. It caught me off-guard, but I was pleased as the guys behind me kept blowing marijuana smoke all around me. We had some idiots ("OH YEAHHHH!" during quiet parts of a song, mosh pit for Lateralus, etc.), but I think the crowd was pretty good overall. The wait on the outside was FREEZING! I could've snuck my camera in easily, and I really wish I did. Oh well.

Tool were great as were Isis.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 12:39 AM   #27
Level 3 - Talker

AMAZING show. Sec 213 row A seats 43-44. This was my 5th show and by far the best. I think the crowd and the visuals and overall tightness made it better than the small venue tour during the summer. Maynard cut a couple screams short but was still spot on the whole performance. He was definetly the most active ive ever seen him, from rolling around on the floor during lost keys, and pacing and running circles during RS. Wings and 10kdays was absolutely amazing. 46&2 sounded especially great tonite. lateralus was as always superb and the lightin and visuals were great for it. Only downside of the night was the traffic getting back to michigan. took about 4 hours :(

oh well I am SOOO ready for detroit friday!!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 01:00 AM   #28
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Second Tool show. Just got back. This was definitely not as good as the Chicago show in May, but still OK overall. Isis was alright, I guess. Sort of hypnotic (in a bad way) and un-exciting. Reasonable mood music. Ok, Tool - The visuals were lacking. Anyone that wasn't in the nosebleeds couldn't see it all, and they didn't use them to their full capacity until the last 1/3 of the show. Lasers were cool although the green (which was used the most) really clashed with everything else going on. Maynard was bitching about still being sick. Is he ever fucking not sick???

Setlist was the same as the last 2 shows, it's really getting kind of boring. Some variation would be nice. Leaving out Prison Sex and Parabol(a) is a crime. We need some Undertow, at least. Maynard didn't talk much in general, but sounded decent most of the time, until he pussied out on the ending of Vicarious. Lateralus was great like always, and like others are mentioning, it's becoming my favorite Tool song because of it's live effect. Wings/10'000 Days was pretty great, probably the highlight of the night... there were a couple moments when Maynard was singing near the end where the place was dead silent. Very cool. But then some asshole had to whistle...

Part of my negative reaction to the show is because right at the end of Schism, someone in the upper level water-ballooned a beer onto my head and fucking drenched me. Fuck you, asshole. I had to leave and miss part of LK/RS, which was OK... I saw it in May. Also, there were a bunch of obnoxious fucking potheads in front of me the whole time acting like total twats. Didn't seem like they had a clue what band was playing and they didn't really care about anything other than acting dumb. Not sure I understand spending $75 on a ticket for a band you don't care about, just to get high, but whatever. The other fans around didn't seem very friendly, unlike the show in May.

Don't mean to bitch. It was fun, just not as great as it could have been. Oh well, I'll see them again granted there's a varied setlist.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 01:20 AM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 18

Got to Chicago from Madison at like 8:10PM, could care less about iris, oasis, isis or whatever and I figure I could drink some beers and smoke a joint before 9:00PM around when I expected them to go on. So I drink and smoke and I'm feeling good, I get in and the show is about to start. So I go to piss and try to score some H2O because I got some serious cotton mouth. But while I'm on line I hear the crowd go nuts and STINKFIST starts to play. So I run to my seat (115 E 12) but some one is already there and not listening to my dumb ass, so I ditch plan A and implement plan B get to the floor. So I jump the bars at the end of the stairs and get to the first three rows (116 AA,BB,CC) before the floor and I stand in seat one (aisle seat) waiting for a shot to jump in. I figured I'll wait until the person in that seat got there or go after someone else goes and see if I have a shot but it was more like two or three had to go for me to go unnoticed. So I waited nervously which took away a little from the show for me, I mean, if they caught you they kicked you out, so I was a little scared. So I basically saw like 15-20 attempts all different guys and girls, some tried to play it off some ran, only one curly haired dude with glasses made it, he waited after his two friends went before him during Vicarious, but when I went to go after him it was too late. But the guy with that ailse seat 116 BB never came, thanks dude. It was a better seat than the one I came in with.
Otherwise, Overall Good Show, I liked the laser lights. I hope tomorrow they play a different setlist in Madison, although it looks like its just going to be the same. At least the last few shows have a had the same songs:

9/18-Chicago

STINKFIST
JAMBI
46&2
(good pizza)
THE POT
SCHISM
LOST KEYS/
ROSETTA STONED
WINGS FOR MARIE/
10,000 DAYS
LATERALUS
(good bye?)
VICARIOUS
(he yelled something before this too. cant remember)
ÆNEMA
(peace out!)

I want to hear opiate or right in two, the only songs I have not heard on this tour.
I was in the bathroom rolling a joint when they played right in two at the last tool show I went to on May 19th in NYC. Although this show was way better, even if Maynard said he was sick, he still sounded fucking great! Two days, two shows, I wish I could just follow em' around and see every show. But I can't so I'll see you fuckers tomorrow! One last time.
UPDATE NEXT DAY:
I woke up today with the worst news ever. No Tool show! What the fuck? I don't believe that anyone is ill, I heard that the concert tickets just didn't sell and that it was far from sold out. This town sucks! Madison should be fucking fire bombed for this lack of respect for one of the best bands of all time. I think that if the venue had sold out that there would have been a different outcome. But now that will just be speculation, but I must say I wish I had known. I would have treated it (last night) more sacred then I did. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show, but throughout I also enjoyed this feeling like, I know I get to see this all over again tomorrow, which I could'nt stop thinking, which took away a little from the experience. Oh well, what to do, what to do......I feel like killing a baby..............
"just kidding"

"think for yourself, question authority"

Last edited by somniferousalmondeye; 09-19-2006 at 02:13 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 01:27 AM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 18

[QUOTE=El Scorcho;1412270]"Setlist was the same as the last 2 shows, it's really getting kind of boring. Some variation would be nice. Leaving out Prison Sex and Parabol(a) is a crime. We need some Undertow, at least."

YES!!!!! Thankyou! some undertow. such a good albulm, in fact i was blasting it in the parking lot as a tribute on the way out. I dont like how tool has abandoned so many great songs. Undertow is a great albulm and deserves to be represented, songs like swamp song, bottom, crawl away, undertow not to mention Opiate so many great songs (all of them) how about out of the blue, jerk off, but it'll never happen. Anyway, enough complaining yes i wish and hope they will play a different setlist tomorrow, but they won't. Oh well, I'll still be as happy as a pig in shit!

"think for yourself, question authority"
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 01:33 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Maynard quote: "Some Doctor, I don't know what his name was, told me not to sing this song tonight. But you guys make great Pizza. And don't forget about the Bears. Fuck it.".....The Pot.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 01:47 AM   #32
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 3

Oh yeah, did anyone else think it was cool as hell when "red and yellow then came to be" in the stage lights during Lateralus?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 04:20 AM   #33
Level 4 - Thinker

i was about 10 feet away from adam jones, and i saw his wife camella walking around talking pictures, so me and my buddy were yelling 'camella!' and 'Butcher!' we got her attention and she took a picture of me and buddy, damn that was a great show, i had a perfect spot.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:32 AM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

it was my first show and i loved it. the sound was a little muddy, but didnt take away from me totally enjoying the show. the only thing that was a downer was maynard not singing the last couple lines of vicarious. other than that it was great.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:41 AM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 37

Second tool show. I thought it was much better than the small venue. The sound was way better, and there weren't as many errors this time.

Wings/10,000 Days was the highlight. All the visuals picked up...perfect. The other two highlights were Schism and Lateralus. I loved the backdrop and stage floor effects.

I also hope they vary their setlist, use some Undertow and Opiate stuff, but overall, awesome concert.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:48 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show. You could tell Maynard was still not 100% ( I'm still waiting for the payoff at the end of Vicarious . . talk about leaving you hanging), but damn, he put on a great show anyway. The rest of the guys, tight as could be.

The sound at the 100 level seats was terrific and loud, but I know that arena has a lot of dead spots. There was one thing I saw last night, in the dozen or so TOOL shows I've seen, that I never saw so much of before . . . women! Nice to have some female energy in the room for a change.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 06:53 AM   #37
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

also during anema i swear he said "fuck all you junkies and fuck your short memory" at least 3 times :)
Old 09-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #38
Level 4 - Thinker

First things first. The crowd sucked! I have been noticing this trend in Chicago recently. Everyone just stands there and watches. Meanwhile I am rocking out hard but everyone else around me just stands there like they don't know the songs. Then their radio hits come on and everyone cheers.

Besides that the show was awsome. Aside from the 40 dollar t-shirts - What the hell is that all about. They were absolutely flawless. I agree that it would have been nice to hear something from Undertow, but Justin Probably hates playing that crap and now that they have enough material they will probably avoid most of those songs. I would have to say I did like the 2001 & 2002 shows a little more, just because the crowd was more into it then and the video and trapeze artists were a nice touch. All in all this is hands down the best show touring now, and probably for a good long time. Enjoy it while you can because this band is the one of the last that will show you musicianship like this.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 07:25 AM   #39
TDN Grandad

Bincount™: 472

My first Tool show, my sons first concert. I thought it was a great show. There was a part during Aenima where it got a little wierd like they lost the one but other than that a very tight performance.

I thought Justins bass tone on the intro to 46 &2 and Schizm was total shit, put some BASS on that bass man. The sound was better than I expected after hearing Isis' set but yeah hockey arenas don't have the best acoustics.

The stage set and the lasers were very cool I thought, one of the coolest and most unique stages I've seen and I've been to a lot of shows.

Lateralus was probly the highlight for me but the whole show was damn good.

Cassidy (His son)- I would like to once again personally thank the guy infront of me who gave me the blunt. I approve.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-19-2006, 08:32 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

danny must be an alien or something, I've never seen such fluid, exacting, and murderous drumming in my life. My jaw was on the floor the whole night. All I kept thinking was how is that even possible... he's not human.

Great visuals too,(from 212 G23) I could see the whole stage and maynard was framed in the light-up stage and backdrop with video (couldn't tell if it was projected or they were backlit screens) of fire, smoke and all kinds of trippy shiat. He looked like deniro in taxi driver with his mohawk and jeans with no shirt on..

Some of you people are spoiled shiats.. or some f'ed up breed of elitist a$$holes..
The set was solid and I loved the variations on the old favs.
'imonlysleeping' is right , he did run through the
'Fuck retro-anything' verse thrice instead of going with
'fuck L Ron Hubbard ...
fuck happy glad hands.. etc..
but whatever... of course there were other songs we all wanted to hear but that goes for any show.

Thank You, TOOL, for a night I won't soon, if ever, forget.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: