opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/06/21 - Rome, ITA - Palaghiaccio di Marino

SETLIST --

Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

Gig was moved from Foro Italico to Palaghiaccio di Marino.

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-21-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/21 - Rome, ITA - Foro Italico

SETLIST

Lost Keys
Rosseta Stoned
Stinkfist (ext)
Forty Six & 2 (da lacrima)
Jambi
Schism (ext)
Right In Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema (devastante)

Il concerto alla fine per problemi ignoti al Foro Italico è stato spostato al "Palaghiaccio di Marino". Che devo dire a parte Rosetta Stoned in cui non si è capito un cazzo e sembrava un unico muro del suono per il resto, dopo vari aggiustamenti al mixer, si è riusciti a sentire decentemente il concerto.
Il gruppo comunque è stato impeccabile....su tutti Danny Carey che a un certo punto più che il terzo occhio sembrava avere il terzo braccio...................
unica nota dolente, ma questo già si sapeva, la durata del concerto (1h 1/2).........
un saluto..............questa volta vi dovrete un pò impazzire voi a tradurre......
Sorry!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-21-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Not a great Gig as in Milan... Maynard was not perfect. No The Pot...
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 01:24 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaint
SETLIST

Lost Keys
Rosseta Stoned
Stinkfist (ext)
Forty Six & 2 (da lacrima)
Jambi
Schism (ext)
Right In Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema (devastante)

Il concerto alla fine per problemi ignoti al Foro Italico è stato spostato al "Palaghiaccio di Marino". Che devo dire a parte Rosetta Stoned in cui non si è capito un cazzo e sembrava un unico muro del suono per il resto, dopo vari aggiustamenti al mixer, si è riusciti a sentire decentemente il concerto.
Il gruppo comunque è stato impeccabile....su tutti Danny Carey che a un certo punto più che il terzo occhio sembrava avere il terzo braccio...................
unica nota dolente, ma questo già si sapeva, la durata del concerto (1h 1/2).........
un saluto..............questa volta vi dovrete un pò impazzire voi a tradurre......
Sorry!!!!!!
Translation
-------------

Because of unknow problems the concert has been moved from Foro Italico to Palaghiaccio di Marino. I have to say that in Rosetta Stoned I didn't hear good but, for the rest, after many mixer adjustments, we could hear decently.
The band has been faultless, Danny Carey on all who seemed to have a third arm instead of a third eye! The lenght of the concert was bad (1+1/2 h), but I knew this..

^L^
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 02:22 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

I've been in milan in 2001. In comparision with that , this gig was very poor.
Short , with the band that seemed not so concentraded on songs. The place choosen for the gig was terrible, not suitable for concerts at all. I think this is not a band's problem but a consequence of a bad organization. Not a waste of money (i'd pay the same amount just to see Carey's evolutions) but thisi gig will not leave a sign.....
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

well i'd really loved to listen to a longer gig....and with a better sund - the location was awful. i attended a metallica gig 15 years ago in the same place, and, just like today, my poor ears were buzzing awfully the day after. the mixing adjustments didn't help very much imho:(
i've been in faenza 5 years ago, for the lateralus tour, and i have to say that the tracklist was longer and tha site better...anyway i must agree with anaglier when he says "i'd pay the same amount just to see Carey's evolutions".

justo one point: what's all the fuss about his back turned to the audience? i didn't mind it a lot, i have to say. moreover, maybe it added somehow importance to the awesome music (in spite of the horrible results in the palaghiaccio), and to the deep lyrics we all love.

can't wait to see 'em back in november...is that true or just a rumor?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 02:59 AM   #7
mmm
Level 1 - Lurker

Bad location, great musiacians (Justin and Adam amazing, Danny ...no words for him...the best drummer I've seen in my life!!!), very good vibrations...the drum and the bass are still in my stomach!

Maynard, I want to spent two words for you: I'm waiting for this show from 5 years, I give you al lot of money (5 albums + 1 show=150€) , you came in my town and you don't look at the crowd not even one second?!...so, dear Maynard, I've a message for you: va a sucare cazzi su un aereo!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 04:34 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Random thoughts:

Show time was supposed to be 2100, but I figured it'd be about 2120 before they came out. Well, 2150 lights go down. I knew this was a bad sign, as I wanted to hear The Pot and with the late start that wasnt going to happen...and didnt.

Concert started and I couldnt hear a damn thing Maynard was singing during Rosetta, at least with the megaphone. After that things got better.
Maynard said all of THREE words all night..."good evening" and "thanks" (in Italian of course).
The music was incredible IMO. Saw them in Faenza back in 2001 and not much has changed since then. Maynard on the riser, video screens...
If Maynard faced the crowd I certainly didnt see it! Didnt matter though as I was into the music which is the way they want it anyway.
Highlights for me were 46 & 2, Lateralis, Vicarious and the end of Aenima.
BTW- Danny and Justin do things with their instruments that humans just arent supposed to do.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:28 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Last night's show was absolutely, positively insane. It was my first tool concert so I can't compare it to any other of their show, but if this one was pretty bad compared to the one in Milan, I just can't imagine what they did there.
It is true the Palaghiaccio sucks, but what the fuck is new? Here in Rome there is not a single good place for a rock concert, I think by now everybody in Italy knows...
So, let's forget the poor audio quality and let's talk about the concert.
Was it really too short? I don't think so, I mean it could have been longer, but I think it was pretty satisfying.
The band was in awesome shape. I can't believe how good they play, I was totally amazed. Maynard didn't turn around much, that is true, but who the hell cares? I was there to be entartained and not to stare at his face, and I can assure you that his back was much more fun to watch than many of the so-called artist that are stepping on stages these days. They way he moves is just unbelievable.... let's face it, what other performer could get away with that? I can't think of one... So, Thank God for Maynard... there is one last rock star still alive!!!! Besides, with the outstanding visuals that were going on on the screens he was staring at, who could blame him?
The set list was perfect (they could have played the pot, though), and the new arrangements in Stinkfist and Schism brough a smile to the faces of everybody around me (myself included).
I didn't notice many mistakes, but Maynard did fuck up twice on AEnema. During the FUCK section, he started with "Fuck retro anything" instead of "Fuck L. Ron Hubbard" and then he totally skipped the last part of the song: "don't just call me pessimist" and went straight to "i can't imagine why you wouldn't welcome any change"... Oh well, it was the end of the concert....
So, one of the best concerts that I've ever seen (and trust me, I've seen a few).
Sometimes I feel like Tool is going to be the new Pink Floyd. In twenty years people will still get stoned and listened to their albums, just like we do now with Dark side of the moon.... is it only my imagination, or someone out there agrees with me?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 05:38 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

I just want to add my opinion on the GIG.
The place, is the worst possible one to attend a rock band: medium and low frequency were undistinguishable. This is a general problem of Rome and the rest of south of Italy.

The band: great as ever even if Maynard was not so good. I've listen Maynard few years ago in Faenza, with TOOL, and he was great.
The last year I attended the Perfect Circle concert in Rome, He sang as a god, but he was turned back during all the concert, as yesterday....
I don't believe in the "photo-sensitive" stories....I think it's just a way to have "a jesus christ pose", to feed his hedonism and egocentrism. So all the people can ask to its-self "maybe, this or maube that"......It can be allright for 5 or 10 minutes..two full concerts turned back means to be ridicolous..and boring.
So Maynard I'll never re-give to you my money to see your white ass!!!!!!
Vai a sucare cazzi su un aereo...
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

I know given that we actually missed the concert I shouldnt post, but this has been the most horrible organized concert I´ve ever been (or actually not been) to.

I´m from Munich / Germany and we DID NOT get the information about the concert beeing in that other location (far far away from Foro Italico). There was absolutely NO information at Foro Italico about WHERE actually to go and HOW to get there in time, and we were stuck with some bunches of Italian Fans at Foro Italico (no shuttle service to the new venue, no english speaking officials around to even give proper information about anything, just some loose signs in Italian about a new Venue).

So well, our "concert trip" to Rome ended with us trying from 7.30 PM (entry was scheduled for 7 PM) to 9 PM (that´s when we gave up when the Taxi Driver told us that we´re still at least 45 Mins and 60 Dollars (one way fee) away from the Venue) to get there, and since we knew they´d hardly play more than 1 h 40 mins and probably start 15-20 mins late that means coming late to a sold out short concert, and that just didn´t cut it for us.

So I really hope that Tool get over here soon again and GO TO THE MUNICH AREA so I don´t have to travel across europe to see them all the time (been in Berlin earlier that month, so at least I´ve seen them).

Last edited by seelenjaeger; 06-22-2006 at 08:19 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

ok, haven't been to a rock gig for ages, not 2 much into crowded spaces and shitty venues, but I really enjoyed this experience.... felt like watching a nice movie or something.... these guys really rock! I knew there was something special with Tool when I first watched that cool puppetshow of theirs some 13 years ago....
Great solstice party, haven't spent all my money on drugs and women this time!;-)
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

[QUOTE=mircice]I just want to add my opinion on the GIG.
The place, is the worst possible one to attend a rock band: medium and low frequency were undistinguishable. This is a general problem of Rome and the rest of south of Italy.

The band: great as ever even if Maynard was not so good. I've listen Maynard few years ago in Faenza, with TOOL, and he was great.
The last year I attended the Perfect Circle concert in Rome, He sang as a god, but he was turned back during all the concert, as yesterday....
I don't believe in the "photo-sensitive" stories....I think it's just a way to have "a jesus christ pose", to feed his hedonism and egocentrism. So all the people can ask to its-self "maybe, this or maube that"......It can be allright for 5 or 10 minutes..two full concerts turned back means to be ridicolous..and boring.
So Maynard I'll never re-give to you my money to see your whai a sucare cazzi su MAYNARD STANDS BEHIND THE BASS AND THE GUITAR , SO HE CAN HEAR HIMSELF SINGING CAUSE IF YOU REMEMBER THE SOUND WAS A LITTLE LOUD ,SO IF HE STANDS BEHIND THAT WALL OF SOUND HE CAN HEAR HIMSELF AND NOT SOUND LIKE SHIT..........
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

MAYNARD STANDS BEHIND THA BASS AND GUITAR, SO HE CAN HEAR HIMSELF SINGING,CAUSE IF U REMEMBER IT WAS LOUD..SO HE STANDS BEHIND THIS WALL OF SOUND SO HE CAN HEAR HIMSELF AND NOT SOUND LIKE SHIT
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 01:46 AM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2006/06/21 - Rome, ITA - Palaghiaccio di Marino

as i said in the Bologna topic:
great show. really. I was there in Rome the previous night, and there was an unefficient acoustic (not to point the finger and blame tool, but the location was unable to host a similar event, the sound was redudant). Last night great show, same setlist as Rome, but yeah, it was incredible.

.I really liked Justin in these two italian dates.

so, in Rome, the venue sucked. the band was great.
in Bologna, the venue was perfect. the band was great.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-23-2006, 11:45 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeverafter
So, one of the best concerts that I've ever seen (and trust me, I've seen a few).
Sometimes I feel like Tool is going to be the new Pink Floyd. In twenty years people will still get stoned and listened to their albums, just like we do now with Dark side of the moon.... is it only my imagination, or someone out there agrees with me?
That's definitely my feeling too.
I just want to spend a few words on Danny Carey. He's been an amazing show in the show and I feel like i've never seen a Real Drummer in my life before two nights ago. I think he's the real pillar of Tool . And Tool are the pillar of Modern Rock .

BADA!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhoffinhan
MAYNARD STANDS BEHIND THA BASS AND GUITAR, SO HE CAN HEAR HIMSELF SINGING,CAUSE IF U REMEMBER IT WAS LOUD..SO HE STANDS BEHIND THIS WALL OF SOUND SO HE CAN HEAR HIMSELF AND NOT SOUND LIKE SHIT
Have you ever attended other TOOl or perfect circle concert?

Maynard always stays behind the guitar and bass, you are right, but He has 3 super monitor speaker just beside his ears....do you think he hear himself by the main front speaker? Have you ever been on a stage?

Moreover, this does not explane why he like to be turned back during the concerts. Five years ago, standing behind the instruments, he used to be turned in front to the people...but maybe this was too normal......

Then, if you like to watch the Maynard ass all the time.....it is not a problem for me...
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 03:20 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

enjoy!

http://www.concertinalive.it/tool.html

..crepa pezzo di merda.. e va a sucare cazzi su un aereo!

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8229/delirio44da.jpg
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 12:48 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

http://www.toolshed.it/

new pics of Roma:
toolshed.it>reflection>promo/miscellaneous

new desktops:
toolshed.it>reflection>art
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 02:31 AM   #20
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

3poundsoflove, I wish the navigation of your web site wouldn't suck.

for example: it could do away with the flash, and present links with text and not some half-expected points in an image.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 04:25 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

to 3poundsoflove:

ma non c'è una sezione con i video da scaricare.. o cmq un modo per trovarne altri? perchè sul 3rdeye ho trovato solo quello che m'hai dato tu.. di schism a roma..

..crepa pezzo di merda.. e va a sucare cazzi su un aereo!

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8229/delirio44da.jpg
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: