opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/06/16 - Interlaken, SUI - Greenfield Festival

SETLIST --

Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Sober
Schism
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2006, 10:59 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/16 - Interlaken, SUI - Greenfield Festival

Setlist:

Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist (extended)
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Sober
Schism (extended)
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

Amazing show. Set was short and had a distinct 'Greatest Hits'-Jukebox feel. The performance was awesome, the band was on top of their play and seemed to enjoy themselfs. Good times.

And Nardo is such a dork with his cowboy hat. It was hilarious! :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

the setlist above is correct so i don't need to repost it, just want to add a few things..
i was about 40 feet from stage.. and there the sound was awful.. especially during rosetta stoned and the 1st part of stinkfist.. way too much bass.. then i took out my earplugs and it sounded a bit better.. then it was a bit too loud tho but my ears survived it.. after the 80 mins i had some kinda ringing in my ears...
the band really enjoyed the concert as much as the audience did..

the setlist was great.. anyone complaining it was a "tophits setlist" or something should just be there.. they fuckin rocked the hell out of that place

highlights (the whole concert was a highlight, so here the highlighted highlights):

- 46 & 2
- stinkfist
- aenema
- vicarious
- lateralus

"less" highlighted highlights (dunno why but didn't touch me as much as the others did):

- the pot
- schism....

i hope this tour is a warmup or promo tour or something.. and they'll do another one, not at sucky festivals but indoor including epics like 3rd eye, grudge...
cheers
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2006, 03:27 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

great show!
i also didn't wear any ear plugs because of the bass.
the set was great but i think right in two would have been better than the pot...

my highligts were jambi, vicarious and of course maynard's "swiss cheese is christ" joke
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2006, 11:15 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Awesome Show.
My 2nd one and i must say that i really just got the tickets for the festival because of tool.
2nd reason was Depeche Mode on Saturday wich nearly got washed away. ;-)

Anyhow.
I was amazed by the overall sound quality of the festival and of course of the tool gig.
But especially in Stinkfist during mid song when Justin hi the deep D-String the earth was shaking (literally)!!!
Wondered how this is possible because it sounded like it was resonating from something.

Anyway...
Seemed like the band really enjoyed the gig themselves too.

Negatives:
Having a Hip-Hop styled guy in my back blabbering thru a quarter of the gig in my ear how he hopes they play the "intro" of the new album, doesnt know how it is called but...
And the freaked-out-of-her-skull-woman in front of me who kept, no matter what speed the song was running on, jumping around like there would be no tomorrow.
;-)

Well she certainly enjoyed herselves aswell...;-)

And these kind of weirdos you always get in a festival crowd.
(Like the dripping wet girl in front row before the Depeche Mode gig on Saturday screaming around "you cocksuckers,assholes,yeehaaa,wankers".
Hmmm...
Seemed like some form of a manic swearing syndrom...or it was just because of the weather condition...;-)

Anyway.
SWISS CHEESE IS CHRIST!!! ;-)

GreetZ
Jan
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: