opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2006
User Name
Password
Old 11-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #81
tdn hottie

Bincount™: 35
Re: 2006/11/27 - Wembley, UK - Wembley Arena

as tradition has it, i've written a very lengthy blog about my experience at the show...posted here;
http://blog.myspace.com/37558489
if any of you are interested (i hope so, took about 3 hours to write).

(p.s. thanks to everyone for the awesome feedback about the hammersmith blog from last time. not sure if i thanked everyone for the messages & comments. also, shout out to some guy called harry that i stood next to throught the whole thing. and 'isac khrondor' who i met outside the venue, it was nice to meet you :] )
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #82
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 145

Yo, yeah nice to meet you too!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-29-2006, 02:19 PM   #83
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Well Well, Swamp song.....!

I'm glad they're carrying on the tradition of playing Meshuggah's In death is death/life before the sets!

Mastadon were pretty interesting, i thought quite a few people were getting into them but it wouldn't seem so reading this thread! People sticking up middle fingers? That's what gets me about arrogant stuck up twats who just happen to listen to Tool and go to their gigs.... if there's a band playing that you don't like you deal with it.... as gay as it sounds the support bands do put a lot of effort into their performances!

The pit was awesome, towards the end there was a real brotherhood vibe! The security were just 'doing their job' but i heard one guy got punched in the face by security....which is just out of line! To the guy who was complaining about having to put on his hoodie, it was good to meet you in the centre of the big circle at the end of Aenema!

I think the best way to sum up my feelings on those who were standing still during the set is....HOW? WHY? listening to this band live makes me wanna move around....maybe you were doing this because you feel you're too mature to be in a pit? i don't understand it because the guys getting the shit battered out of them in the pit were having a great time....!

Anyways, the band were flawless....the show was awesome!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-29-2006, 03:03 PM   #84
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082

Quote:
Originally Posted by assailing eyes View Post
as tradition has it, i've written a very lengthy blog about my experience at the show...posted here;

(p.s. thanks to everyone for the awesome feedback about the hammersmith blog from last time. not sure if i thanked everyone for the messages & comments. also, shout out to some guy called harry that i stood next to throught the whole thing. and 'isac khrondor' who i met outside the venue, it was nice to meet you :] )
awesome review again... nice work
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-30-2006, 12:56 AM   #85
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Dust View Post
The security was way over the top, on top of dragging people away like a school playground (hey teachers leave those kids alone).
Something should be said here, if the band gave out those kind of instructions they are seriously misguided. What's the problem with youth angst? We're not killing each other out there! It's just fun on a molecular scale. I don't remember the members of TOOL complaining 10 yrs ago????
Someone may or may not get hurt, accidentally or otherwise but I don't see where the band get off laying down the law on this point…ummmmmm it just reeks a little, I dunno, you got to let people making decisions/choices themselves. It just seems odd at a Tool gig (heavily played bombastic music let's not forget!) that we're even discussing heavy handed security preventing moshing or the gathering of energy & expression. I'm all for the band making requests i.e. No Smoking/Crowd Surfing etc etc… but you got to draw the line on laying down rules & regulations. At the end of the day you cannot control an audience.
that is not tool's policy, its wembley's. they have always been like that and wembley has long had a no crowd surfing rule. they always seem to employ security guards who just seem to want to be rough with people. as far as i know, there is not a no moshing rule - the security at wembley seem to take it upon themselves to enforce that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhadreshwara View Post
Well Well, Swamp song.....!

maybe you were doing this because you feel you're too mature to be in a pit? i don't understand it because the guys getting the shit battered out of them in the pit were having a great time....!
yeah, sounds like great fun.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-30-2006, 01:50 AM   #86
Level 9 3/4 - British

the security has been just as tight for every gig on the tour. I just think that venues are cracking down on moshing and crowd-surfing overall, it’s not just Wembley. The security has been a bugbear but I’ve been trying not to let is bother me. The torches in the eyes every 2 minutes if the most annoying thing.

I’m not even sure what to think about the moshing… I personally would much rather see everything that is going on onstage and not miss a moment than shove others around, but I do like to move, I can’t keep still in fact, although I do my best to make sure it doesn’t bother those around me. So I can completely understand getting caught up in the music and wanting to express it.

For me it’s a tough call between wanting to be as close to the front as possible and risking not seeing because of moshing etc, or standing further back and being able to see everything but not feeling quite as involved in the atmosphere.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-30-2006, 02:31 AM   #87
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by assailing eyes View Post
very comprehensive review. interesting reading.

the thing with the photographers - they are normally given just one or two songs to photograph and then told to sling their hooks, so its not their choice when to shoot. i'm sure tool don't want the end of their stage show revealed in photographs.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #88
tdn hottie

Bincount™: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctangent View Post
very comprehensive review. interesting reading.

the thing with the photographers - they are normally given just one or two songs to photograph and then told to sling their hooks, so its not their choice when to shoot. i'm sure tool don't want the end of their stage show revealed in photographs.
good point. i didn't realise photographers were only allowed a couple of songs to work from.

i went to cardiff last night, and i will add more into that blog about it, with some video footage my friend took aswell =]

but i have to say last night didn't beat wembley.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-05-2006, 01:37 AM   #89
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4

anyone else notice the sign saying Tool fans please do not record the show on video cameras, there will be a dvd released soon
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-05-2006, 02:33 AM   #90
Level 3 - Talker

didn't see any signs, but saw a few professional looking cameras.

Tool + liberty caps = sensory orgasm.

great gig, great sound (for wembley) reviews pretty much said it all..

security were absolute c***s inside the arena, on the entrances they seemed more chilled.

see ya in the summer........there IS no bad news.

http://stashbox.org/6562/jeck.gif
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-05-2006, 05:53 AM   #91
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by platformstrange View Post
security were absolute c***s inside the arena, on the entrances they seemed more chilled.
the guys on the door are employed by the arena themselves. the c***ts inside are contract security, from the congo juding by their behaviour. the guy on the door, who was about 5 foot nothing tall and about 7 stone looked rather embarrassed when he had to search me. poor guy.

didn't see any signs like that about a dvd though. if its true, lets hope it arrives quicker than the lateralus tour dvd!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-05-2006, 06:09 AM   #92
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4

not kidding. The sign was at the main entrance

I am in hadrian park

Last edited by sinister exaggerator; 12-05-2006 at 08:14 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #93
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister exaggerator View Post
anyone else notice the sign saying Tool fans please do not record the show on video cameras, there will be a dvd released soon
Well, in Germany Tool is presented by Marek Lieberberg and on their webpage is says here: http://www.mlk.com/backstage/tool/to...urinfo.01.html (german language) that a Vicarious DVD Single would be released soon.
Don't know what to think.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:22 PM   #94
Level 9 3/4 - British

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloprobst View Post
Well, in Germany Tool is presented by Marek Lieberberg and on their webpage is says here: http://www.mlk.com/backstage/tool/to...urinfo.01.html (german language) that a Vicarious DVD Single would be released soon.
Don't know what to think.
there were new video clips at the nottingham gig I swear behind vicarious, ones I hadn't seen at the other gigs. unless I'm unobservant. freaky eyes with no irises and a nasty tongue thing. could have been a sneak preview
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #95
Level 7 - Loquacious

that's standard practice at concert venues though... otherwise you would have to get each gig-goer to sign a consent form.

i noticed assailing eyes has updated her blog with a couple of awesome photos from toolarmy by camilla. nice one of maynard, but that shot of adam with the lasers around him is incredible!

Last edited by Arctangent; 12-06-2006 at 07:07 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: