opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Salival
User Name
Password
Old 07-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
My copy came in today!

I'm sure you guys have seen the ridiculous prices this item goes for on Ebay. $80, $100, $120--all just because this thing is out of print? It's shocking; especially when you notice the disconnect between the prices of the VHS version (which is lucky to scrape by a $40 price) and the DVD version.

I, however, was fortunate enough to find a gentlemen selling his DVD-version copy with minimal shelf-wear for a very reasonable $35, which I pounced on. Having just gotten it in and examined it, I'm guessing it's a second pressing, because all of those infamous typos (like the mislabeling of You Lied and Merkaba) are nowhere to be found.

It's interesting, because people try to sell the first-pressing of Salival with all its typos as a rarity, yet for all my searching on ebay it would seem the second pressing is the rarer of the two!

In any case, I just came to celebrate finally having it. I've had the CD and even the DVD bootlegged for years, but I'm a collector at heart, and it feels good to hold the real thing in my hands.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: My copy came in today!

You got it cheap. I've seen pictures of copies with their original price tags on them and they were usually $22 or so. $10 for a CD+VHS or especially CD/DVD back in 2000 would have been a ridiculously good deal.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

I got mugged when i bought mine for £25 (approx $50) years and years ago cos they gave me a dvd/video version... as in no cd....which blows and then my mate spilled beer all over it making the plastic sleeve stick to the cardboard box... which then ripped the next time i got it out and then someone else trod on the plastic sleeve cracking at all along the fold.... so my copy is fucking haggard... which sucks
Old 07-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 38

I got mine a couple years ago from a friend who worked in a second hand music store. She said some random guy came into the store with a box of cds and dvds and such to pawn off. She gave him $40 for the lot. Started looking through it all after he left and at the very bottom was the Salival box. She gracefully handed it down to me as Im "more into collecting" than she is. It was the VHS version, near mint shape.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrons View Post
I got mine a couple years ago from a friend who worked in a second hand music store. She said some random guy came into the store with a box of cds and dvds and such to pawn off. She gave him $40 for the lot. Started looking through it all after he left and at the very bottom was the Salival box. She gracefully handed it down to me as Im "more into collecting" than she is. It was the VHS version, near mint shape.
Lucky you
Old 07-31-2008, 06:38 PM   #6
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by pereznor View Post
LOL VHS
It was free, what'd you expect?

Last edited by Rolo; 08-01-2008 at 05:27 AM..
Old 03-27-2015, 09:44 AM   #7
Banned.

i bought a copy a little over a year ago for 50, and just now noticed the CD somehow got scratched in the book sleeve in my car. ruined my day.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:55 AM   #8
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post
i bought a copy a little over a year ago for 50, and just now noticed the CD somehow got scratched in the book sleeve in my car. ruined my day.
What the heck.? You shouldn't be traveling with a CD like this. Mine stays in it's case. Make a mp3 of it... Want me to burn you a copy of mine and send it to you?
Old 03-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #9
Banned.

nah, thanks. i've got a cd cleaner, and it's already on my itunes. i've left my opiate LP in the house, and put the original one in my car. idk why i didnt think to keep the salival CD safe too. at least the DVD is safe in the box on the shelf.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: