opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 04-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 567
Yin-yang

Some people think that Ticks and leahes is out of place on Lateralus because it seems more negative while the other songs are positive. I think it is an example that noone is perfect and even on the road to enlightenment one will still deal wiht these emotions and have to deal with them to furhter their journey. Anyways this made me think about the Downward spiral by NIN particularly the song a warm place. It seems to be just as out of place on this album. Then I thought about these two albums being like a yin-yang. Lateralus being the white side with Ticks as its black spot, and Downward as the black side with a warm place as the white spot. Its like they are mirror images of each other. Just thought it was a cool coincidence I would share.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472
Re: Yin-yang

Interesting. I bet if we could perceive all the world's music as a whole it would equal zero in this same sense.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 567
Re: Yin-yang

The Forum outside Socialize is so different. I've been in there so long I almost forgot what its like outside of it.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: