opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 01-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 51
interpretation on song interpretations

a long time ago there was a man named thoth and he created writing. i guess u could say hes the master of writing. anyways he wrote something called "the emeralds tablets". this was written on 100's of levels of consciousness. this means that you'll understand something completely different then from other people that read it... if u were go through a consciousness change and reread "the emerald tablets" then you wont believe that its the same book because you will view it differently. it was not only thoth that did this but other egyptians aswell. almost everything was created on many diff levels.

i believe that tools lyrics were written on 100's of levels of consciousness and thats why everyone always has something totally different to say about their lyrics and all seem right depending on your understanding.

if u are interested in reading, here is "the emerald tablets". its an interesting read!!!
http://www.spiritual.com.au/articles...ld_preface.htm
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6
Re: interpretation on song interpretations

you sire are on the right path, keep digging along with a select few members and we will come close to the true meanings of the songs.

much love
chris
x
Old 01-27-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

kickass!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:09 PM   #4
Banned.

sweet. im so glad some people finally said something in this thread. thanks.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Yeah, it can't be the fact that they're skilled writers and musicians with the ability to create music that people can relate to. Or the fact that not everyone thinks exactly alike. It's definitely all that pseudo-spiritual crap you're rambling about.

But hey, maybe I'm just an unenlightened, cynical bastard. In any case, I'd highly suggest improving your basic writing skills (i.e. capitalization and punctuation) and stop using internet abbreviations if you ever hope to be taken seriously.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Yeah, it can't be the fact that they're skilled writers and musicians with the ability to create music that people can relate to. Or the fact that not everyone thinks exactly alike. It's definitely all that pseudo-spiritual crap you're rambling about.

But hey, maybe I'm just an unenlightened, cynical bastard. In any case, I'd highly suggest improving your basic writing skills (i.e. capitalization and punctuation) and stop using internet abbreviations if you ever hope to be taken seriously.
eveyone thinks exactley alike? well that one line dismisses your whole argument you unspiritual being. just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you should immediately discount it. yes tool songs relate to people but if you take the route of actually opening your mind and reading about the subject of which we speak of you will find alot of lateralus and 10,000 days is DIRECTLY related and forms of teachings from the flower of life.

chris
x
Old 02-07-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

I should have added reading comprehension to the list...

In any case, don't let me spoil your fun. If you want to spend your life trying to find enlightenment in glorified science fiction, be my guest. And maybe it's just my nature as a 'cynic', but I have a hard time taking any supposedly spiritual site with articles like "How I Lost 28 Pounds & 3 Pants Sizes in 3 Weeks!" and "Witchcaft Exposed Spells for Love & Wealth" seriously.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #8
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
In any case, don't let me spoil your fun.
oh dont worry about that. i found your posts to be very pointless, meaningless, and off topic. as for my writing style; well i guess youre going to have to suffer. the right people have been taking me seriously and they are the only ones that matter for me.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

I'd agree to a certain extent that my posts have been a bit pointless (and perhaps unnecessarily mean-spirited), but off topic? Just because I'm challenging your beliefs instead of patting you on the back hardly means I'm off topic. If you honestly wanted to have a discussion you wouldn't be posting wildly speculative theories and then talking down to those who question them. You're simply inviting in like-minded posters for an intellectual circle jerk.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: