opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 11-26-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 468
Design for a tattoo

So here's the deal. I'm going to try to design my own tattoo.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/10/dfolpmhum0.jpg

This is the first basic idea I have. I'm not 100% on the eye of horus though, and the centre of the pupil will have to be positioned at the golden ratio (which is not the case yet).

I'll probably need to add an extra circle to the two flower of life pathers aswell, but that's for later.

There are still unlimited options to play with the two parts of the flower of life patherns, like making the Tree of Life visible with deleting or colouring certain parts...

the only thing that really bothers me is that the eye should somehow represent my inner (third) eye. and i also need to find a way to get a spiral (or a few) in the design.

reactions are most welcome.

Thats with the two extra circles and my first attempt to put the tree of life pathern in it: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6...tbegin2yk8.jpg

by the way, the only programs i use are Solid Edge 2D (basic CAD program), MS paint, and irfanview. i'm basicly a noob when it comes to drawing...

Last edited by CrazyDiamond1985; 11-26-2007 at 04:11 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: Design for a tattoo

That is a cool design! I think the eye looks great. The eye flows real well with the rest of the design. I enjoy using MS Paint as well, it is a great way to come up with fresh ideas.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
mvb
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

are you dutch, hence "einde van het begin"
Old 12-02-2007, 03:29 AM   #4
Banned.

jep. i'm from belgium ;)
Old 12-02-2007, 04:20 AM   #5
mvb
Level 4 - Thinker

Okay, belgium.. ;)
I will post my opinion soon
Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I have the flower of life design incorporated into my chest piece, awesome idea! Good luck.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

This one i have revolves around an old opiate tour poster. I have added a few different things from past albums and changed it up a bit. The original caption along the banner at he bottom read "an opiat for the ages" but in latin, as on the dollar bill. I changed it to "prying open my third eye" I took quite some time putting this together befor i got it stuck on my arm. I'll be proud of it till the day i die!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Also, you cant see it from the small pic, but the hands at the top........one hand has a finger peircing a heart wearing a crown of thorns. The other hand has its fingers crossed, i always thought that was bad ass so i left that part unchanged from the original printing
Old 01-03-2008, 04:14 AM   #9
Banned.

I'm gonna do some serious thinking about the tree of life, and how (or if) i'm gonna make it visible.

I'm going to put "To feel inspired" in "mirror book" (so i can read the reflection in the mirror) above this first circle, and regular under the second circle. Need to look for a fitting letter type. If it looks great, my design is one step closer to being finished I guess.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: