opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Upcoming and Unreleased
User Name
Password
Old 07-17-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
live "ouroboros" video

hey guys,

Does anybody happen to remember what song had the clips of the ouroboros live? i saw it at the Tweeter Center, and have since seen tool at the AC show and last night in Reading, but do not recall seeing the clips played the 2 more recent shows. i THOUGHT it was for either wings for marie or 10,000 Days but i thought this time around it was just images of storm clouds, and of course the very distracting, very awesome laser show. (its possible it WAS for that part of the set and was just too distracted by the fascinating lasers these times around to notice the screen). the ouroboros is the snake that eats itself. for one of the songs earlier on in the tour, the screen would show the eyes of the snake, then show the head, then show the head moving as it eats further and further in a circling motion in space, and then multiply and you see that there are many of them all eating forward in sync to the rhythm of the song. i thought it was just really cool, i love ouroboros related stuff and i'm getting a self customized tattoo at some point. anyway, if anyone can remind me what song it was, it would make me feel less crazy. thanks!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:44 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47
Re: live "ouroboros" video

It was during the Wings suite at AC (I was there and videos will confirm it.)

I'm pretty sure it was during the "10,000 Days" half.

Also, that animation is not on Chet Zar's "Disturb the Normal" DVD so don't go looking for it there.

DTA = don't trust anyone

Last edited by Arkham Asylum; 07-18-2007 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: oh yeah
Old 07-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham Asylum View Post
It was during the Wings suite at AC (I was there and videos will confirm it.)

I'm pretty sure it was during the "10,000 Days" half.

Also, that animation is not on Chet Zar's "Disturb the Normal" DVD so don't go looking for it there.
thanks dude, it was buggin' me, i thought i might have imagined it!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

It was originally during H.

The company that produced the footage actually uploaded it to there site not too long ago, I've been looking for the video (or atleast a good image) for a while now but cant find the link now. I want it for a tattoo too lol

Anyone remember what site that was?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Yeah, freewheelin is right. On past tours, they played that animation during "H." but I have no idea which site you could find it on.

I'm sure you can find another animated .gif of a snake eating itself (try searching for terms other than "ouroboros"). It won't be as cool/creepy as the one from the Tool projections, but hey if you just want a design to help you make a tattoo, I'm sure the people at the parlor can improvise a little.

DTA = don't trust anyone

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: