opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Prison Sex
User Name
Password
Old 08-03-2003, 09:13 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
I just had to speak out

I just want to express my view on this video. I'm sure what I'm saying has already been understood by many if my fellow Tool fans, but I still feel liberated to give my perception.

Well, I felt like these facts were probably already obvious...

Obviously, there seems to be a parent/child relationship. A small, fragile doll without any legs, and a dark, detesting figure, much larger than the childlike figure.

The child is without legs in order to represent its helplessness and vulnerability. In the video, he literally cannot run away. And the parent figure seems to cherish the child's legs. It's as twisted as a serial killer stealing a piece of clothing from their victims as keepsakes.

As the child attempts to somberly move around the room with many unlocked drawers, he attempts to try to open them. I took this as his memory. Of course, it's very difficult not to notice in the beginning of the video that the parent figure is tearing out pages from a book. This definitely represents that many victims of sexual abuse whether consciously or subconsciously block out traumatic occurrances.

I praise Adam Jones for giving the paintbrush effect. I believe that it represents death. The parent figure attempts to paint red blood on its child victim, but finishes with no success. Only at the very end, was the child able to paint red blood and fall heavily down, in a death-like way. In another aspect, this can represent that although someone may deal both physical and emotional pain toward you, only you can decide whether or not it will make you "live" or "die"--in a metaphorical sense. More appropriately, it is up to the victim whether or not such abuse with cause you to suffer from it or endure it and become stronger. Sadly, the doll took the easier way out and suffered.

The only part that I did not understand was the doll with the moving face. It is an actual human face painted on something that can flip in a 360 motion. I hope you guys can understand what I'm talking about exatly. In addition, I did not understand the concept with the catepillar. If someone can give me an idea I would be greatly appreciative.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:33 PM   #2
APT
Jörmungandr

Bincount™: 929
Re: I just had to speak out

The catipillar to me is another person like the kid (has the same head) that has been changed too by the doll. Instead of having his legs taken away, he had them replaced with a catipillar body. Interestingly enoug, having a catipillar body wouldnt allow him to run away eaither.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
-Vince Lombardi
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 12:27 PM   #3
Level 14 - Squad Blazer

Bincount™: 2148

when the big tall black guy opens the helpless doll's head and you see some weird little mechanism, it just reminded me of how when people are sexually or physically abused the wiring of their brain changes.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:56 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i disagree about the paintbrush theory, i don't see it so much as death, just as the act of child abuse itself.

the adult uses the paintbrush to in essence, rape, the child. then he places the paintbrush in the child's hand, passing it on, because child abuse is something that passes from generation to generation. now the child paints himself with it. he is marked by the child abuse and the process can start again. much like the bee metaphor... how i love the bee metaphor.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:15 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisoftheShadow
Of course, it's very difficult not to notice in the beginning of the video that the parent figure is tearing out pages from a book. This definitely represents that many victims of sexual abuse whether consciously or subconsciously block out traumatic occurrances.

I believe that the 'book' is a bible, and it ties in with the altered bible quotes in the song: "do unto others what has been done to you" - the black figure (abuser) is going through the bible, tearing out pages. I think this could mean that the figure is religious, and 'preaches' from the bible, but is hypocritical: he disregards the stuff in the bible that conflicts with the abuse he is perpertrating.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:04 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

a religious figure?...interesting idea...molested by a religious lleader maybe? someone trusted...which leads me to my point
about the flipping face character...it means ( to me ) simply " two-faced " im sure youve aqll heard the term.
how does this relate to a religious figure?
personally speaking i see them all as hypocrites and "two-faced"

Brendon
Old 03-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic2006

the adult uses the paintbrush to in essence, rape, the child. then he places the paintbrush in the child's hand, passing it on, because child abuse is something that passes from generation to generation. now the child paints himself with it. he is marked by the child abuse and the process can start again. much like the bee metaphor... how i love the bee metaphor.
I like that idea of a circle process it explains the draw within a draw thing at the end

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: