Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
Lackymacky's Avatar Lackymacky
12-18-2015, 01:06 AM

From about 2004 to about 2009, I was in a band, Schema. I'd consider the music a direct derivative of TOOL, except in general I'd consider our music softer and more melodic. But to be frank, the TOOL influence is...well it's very obvious. At the time it was our favorite band, as a band. Also, my bass playing at the time was very tool-influenced. I remember playing a few riffs at a guitar center and an employee asking me what tool songs they were..and they were 100% original riffs. I consider that a good thing, because they influenced me a great deal and I have no problem with people recognizing that, but who knows what others think...

Anyways, I recently got hold of our demo that I think we recorded around 2005-2006. I put it in fruity loops just to make it more cohesive, and I uploaded it to youtube.

Here is the link. Let me know what you think.

I think it's funny how off we sound, considering we were recording...even technology and enough time and organization couldn't make us play well, lol.

But I'm still really proud of the music itself. I'd change a lot of things (I mean, this was ten years ago...), but I'd have to say I enjoy it because it's the exact kind of music I really like: very melodic, riff oriented hard rock.

Lastly, this band actually also included my friend Kevin, who goes by Saget and Schema here on TDN, I'm pretty sure most of you know him. We went to the same high school, but were years apart. We met at the pizza place we both worked at, jammed together and formed Schema. He's the guitarist.

What do you think?

Last edited by Lackymacky; 12-18-2015 at 01:14 AM..
Old 12-18-2015, 01:06 AM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110
Schema

From about 2004 to about 2009, I was in a band, Schema. I'd consider the music a direct derivative of TOOL, except in general I'd consider our music softer and more melodic. But to be frank, the TOOL influence is...well it's very obvious. At the time it was our favorite band, as a band. Also, my bass playing at the time was very tool-influenced. I remember playing a few riffs at a guitar center and an employee asking me what tool songs they were..and they were 100% original riffs. I consider that a good thing, because they influenced me a great deal and I have no problem with people recognizing that, but who knows what others think...

Anyways, I recently got hold of our demo that I think we recorded around 2005-2006. I put it in fruity loops just to make it more cohesive, and I uploaded it to youtube.

Here is the link. Let me know what you think.

I think it's funny how off we sound, considering we were recording...even technology and enough time and organization couldn't make us play well, lol.

But I'm still really proud of the music itself. I'd change a lot of things (I mean, this was ten years ago...), but I'd have to say I enjoy it because it's the exact kind of music I really like: very melodic, riff oriented hard rock.

Lastly, this band actually also included my friend Kevin, who goes by Saget and Schema here on TDN, I'm pretty sure most of you know him. We went to the same high school, but were years apart. We met at the pizza place we both worked at, jammed together and formed Schema. He's the guitarist.

What do you think?

Last edited by Lackymacky; 12-18-2015 at 01:14 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Lackymacky's Avatar Lackymacky
12-18-2015, 01:20 AM

Oh yeah, and in that cool, artsy, mysterious band photo where we're looking like dudes who know some shit...Im on the left in the blue (again, ten years ago, I was no older than 16), Kevin, AKA Schema/SAGET is in the middle, and our drummer Paul is on the right.

In the very slim possibility anyone wondered who was who...
Old 12-18-2015, 01:20 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110
Re: Schema

Oh yeah, and in that cool, artsy, mysterious band photo where we're looking like dudes who know some shit...Im on the left in the blue (again, ten years ago, I was no older than 16), Kevin, AKA Schema/SAGET is in the middle, and our drummer Paul is on the right.

In the very slim possibility anyone wondered who was who...
12-14-2016, 08:22 PM

I like it. I don't like the intro song though.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Schema

I like it. I don't like the intro song though.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply