Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2007
User Name
Password
koobcam
08-23-2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancthulhu View Post
Were you at the front on the left side? There was a guy near me who was told to calm down. People moshing throughout the entire set was just irritating IMO - don't get me wrong, when I go to extreme metal gigs I don't care that people mosh (although I tend to avoid the pit), but I suspect I'm far from being the only one who thinks it's totally out of place an a Tool concert. Not everyone wants to be crushed during Lateralus and I spent most of the gig trying not to fall over.
I agree. I went to see NIN at the Apollo in Manchester, I saw the Prodigy at the MEN - both were mental gigs.

Never before have I seen so many people try to mosh (and I say try because even tapping your foot to Tool's rhythm is harder than most bands - you know why) and it was just very annoying.

I was just to the left, at the middle. I was going to take off my jumper and get my wife beater out, but I just couldn't move. I was trying to stop my girlfriend (and other girls) from getting squashed to buggery at the front.

I do expect movement, but never before have I seen so many people just go nuts at the 'main' tool songs and then stand still during 'the flood'. No one (apart from a select few) seemed to know what it was, which was sad.

I might try the Manchester gig tonight and see how that goes.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:00 AM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55
Re: 2007/08/21 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancthulhu View Post
Were you at the front on the left side? There was a guy near me who was told to calm down. People moshing throughout the entire set was just irritating IMO - don't get me wrong, when I go to extreme metal gigs I don't care that people mosh (although I tend to avoid the pit), but I suspect I'm far from being the only one who thinks it's totally out of place an a Tool concert. Not everyone wants to be crushed during Lateralus and I spent most of the gig trying not to fall over.
I agree. I went to see NIN at the Apollo in Manchester, I saw the Prodigy at the MEN - both were mental gigs.

Never before have I seen so many people try to mosh (and I say try because even tapping your foot to Tool's rhythm is harder than most bands - you know why) and it was just very annoying.

I was just to the left, at the middle. I was going to take off my jumper and get my wife beater out, but I just couldn't move. I was trying to stop my girlfriend (and other girls) from getting squashed to buggery at the front.

I do expect movement, but never before have I seen so many people just go nuts at the 'main' tool songs and then stand still during 'the flood'. No one (apart from a select few) seemed to know what it was, which was sad.

I might try the Manchester gig tonight and see how that goes.
OFFLINE |  
Saltank's Avatar Saltank
08-24-2007, 01:15 AM

Maybe it was too loud for me to realise it was the long intro to Flood, but I didn't realise it until they actually started playing Flood, regardless it did NOT sound like the intro, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't because the sound was too advanced and electronic. Definately feels like something new... Well it's my sixth time seeing TOOL and the last time they played Flood the intro didn't sound like this.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Maybe it was too loud for me to realise it was the long intro to Flood, but I didn't realise it until they actually started playing Flood, regardless it did NOT sound like the intro, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't because the sound was too advanced and electronic. Definately feels like something new... Well it's my sixth time seeing TOOL and the last time they played Flood the intro didn't sound like this.
08-24-2007, 03:43 AM

there were Two parts the other night one was the intro to flood the other was maynard holding down what seemed like one key on his synth for about 10 mins. im sure that wasnt related to flood though.

did the manchestetr gig happen last night as
theres no comments on the board yet

stu
Old 08-24-2007, 03:43 AM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

there were Two parts the other night one was the intro to flood the other was maynard holding down what seemed like one key on his synth for about 10 mins. im sure that wasnt related to flood though.

did the manchestetr gig happen last night as
theres no comments on the board yet

stu
OFFLINE |  
Eon Blessed's Avatar Eon Blessed
09-21-2007, 05:35 AM

hey guys - its taken me a while to get this up...but my friend and I were in the front row of the 1st gig, and she managed to get Adam's guitar tech to give her Adam's setlist sheet - so just so there is no disputing.... go to mudislandvibe.co.uk to see it up close...peace

London Brixton Setlist 21/08/07 (original - kindly donated by Adam's guitar tech)
Old 09-21-2007, 05:35 AM   #44
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

hey guys - its taken me a while to get this up...but my friend and I were in the front row of the 1st gig, and she managed to get Adam's guitar tech to give her Adam's setlist sheet - so just so there is no disputing.... go to mudislandvibe.co.uk to see it up close...peace

London Brixton Setlist 21/08/07 (original - kindly donated by Adam's guitar tech)
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply