Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
paraflux
06-23-2007, 08:54 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended, "I'll keep singing, 'cause I need something!")
Forty-Six & Two
Schism (double-time breakdown)
Lost Keys >>>
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie>>>
10,000 Days
Lateralus (extended with Melt-Banana)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/06/23 - Ft. Wayne, IN - Memorial Coliseum

Jambi
Forty-Six & Two
Lost Keys >>>
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie>>>
10,000 Days
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.
OFFLINE |  
Neuk77
06-23-2007, 09:51 PM

Wow, I'm the first one.

Setlist, (I'm pretty sure):
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings pt 1
Wings pt 2
Lateralus w/ Melt Banana
Vicarious

First of all, the simple fact that they played 15 minutes from my house was amazing in itself. On top of that, they put on another great show. Maynard didn't say much of anything to the crowd and I'm sure that some will feel that meant he wasn't that into the show but the performance speaks for itself. They came out, played a great show (as usual) and the crowd ate it up.

Some highlights for me:

46&2 is always badass. I'll never get over seeing the drum solo.

Rosetta Stoned. Once again, Danny is fucking amazing.

Wings 1 & 2. I just love hearing this song. I did, however, think that Danny, Justin and Maynard were like a count off from each other in the beginning of Wings 2, but the sound was a little muddy so maybe it was just me. Kinda want to know if anyone else heard this. Even if they were they still pulled it off.

Lateralus. The extended section is pretty cool. Always nice to see Danny have a chance to just go off. (Did I mention I'm a drummer? So yeah, I watched a lot of Danny) I couldn't really here what the drummer from Melt Banana was doing but it looked cool. Maynard played rock, paper, scissors with MB's singer.

Vicarious. Some dude ran up on stage towards the end and immediately pulled off by security. So I guess that was memorable.

All in all the band put on a great show. The sound could have been better in my opinion but hey, TOOL played the Ft. Wayne Coliseum and I can't really ask for much more than that. Had a great time.

Last edited by Neuk77; 06-23-2007 at 09:55 PM..
Old 06-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/23 - Ft. Wayne, IN - Memorial Coliseum

Wow, I'm the first one.

Setlist, (I'm pretty sure):
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings pt 1
Wings pt 2
Lateralus w/ Melt Banana
Vicarious

First of all, the simple fact that they played 15 minutes from my house was amazing in itself. On top of that, they put on another great show. Maynard didn't say much of anything to the crowd and I'm sure that some will feel that meant he wasn't that into the show but the performance speaks for itself. They came out, played a great show (as usual) and the crowd ate it up.

Some highlights for me:

46&2 is always badass. I'll never get over seeing the drum solo.

Rosetta Stoned. Once again, Danny is fucking amazing.

Wings 1 & 2. I just love hearing this song. I did, however, think that Danny, Justin and Maynard were like a count off from each other in the beginning of Wings 2, but the sound was a little muddy so maybe it was just me. Kinda want to know if anyone else heard this. Even if they were they still pulled it off.

Lateralus. The extended section is pretty cool. Always nice to see Danny have a chance to just go off. (Did I mention I'm a drummer? So yeah, I watched a lot of Danny) I couldn't really here what the drummer from Melt Banana was doing but it looked cool. Maynard played rock, paper, scissors with MB's singer.

Vicarious. Some dude ran up on stage towards the end and immediately pulled off by security. So I guess that was memorable.

All in all the band put on a great show. The sound could have been better in my opinion but hey, TOOL played the Ft. Wayne Coliseum and I can't really ask for much more than that. Had a great time.

Last edited by Neuk77; 06-23-2007 at 09:55 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Patient5602
06-23-2007, 09:57 PM

Jambi
Forty-Six & Two
Lost Keys >>>
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie>>>
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Good crowd, until some fucker jumped up on stage during "Vicarious."

Maynard and the chick from Melt-Banana played Rock Paper Scissors during the breakdown in "Lateralus."

I'll talk about it more later. Time for bed.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Jambi
Forty-Six & Two
Lost Keys >>>
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie>>>
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Good crowd, until some fucker jumped up on stage during "Vicarious."

Maynard and the chick from Melt-Banana played Rock Paper Scissors during the breakdown in "Lateralus."

I'll talk about it more later. Time for bed.
06-23-2007, 10:07 PM

my first tool show and wow man. They put on one hell of a show.

First off was extremely close dead center, and Melt Banana is not bad, loud, but not bad. Cool when the Tool, probly Maynard and Danny, came out in masks when MB played their set. When Tool came on the crowd went crazy, and when stinkfist started they, including me, just exploded. Jambi is cool live with Adams talk, and Maynards dance. The moshing was hardcore, and annoying for a tool concert. The visuals are a real mind fuck, and the live version of Schissom was cool. THe lasers for 10000 days was real tight. Right before Lateralus, two people just dropped like flys and were carried away. Lateralus was one of the best, all of melt banana got out and jammed with them, and Maynard played rock, paper scissor with the singer on stage. Dannys gong was the shit. Vicarious was the encore and was awsome. The band was extremely into it the whole night, which was cool. Overall the only downs was the 38 dollar shirts, the guy that got onto the stage during Vicarious and the moshing. Overall the concert is un-comparable.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

my first tool show and wow man. They put on one hell of a show.

First off was extremely close dead center, and Melt Banana is not bad, loud, but not bad. Cool when the Tool, probly Maynard and Danny, came out in masks when MB played their set. When Tool came on the crowd went crazy, and when stinkfist started they, including me, just exploded. Jambi is cool live with Adams talk, and Maynards dance. The moshing was hardcore, and annoying for a tool concert. The visuals are a real mind fuck, and the live version of Schissom was cool. THe lasers for 10000 days was real tight. Right before Lateralus, two people just dropped like flys and were carried away. Lateralus was one of the best, all of melt banana got out and jammed with them, and Maynard played rock, paper scissor with the singer on stage. Dannys gong was the shit. Vicarious was the encore and was awsome. The band was extremely into it the whole night, which was cool. Overall the only downs was the 38 dollar shirts, the guy that got onto the stage during Vicarious and the moshing. Overall the concert is un-comparable.
OFFLINE |  
IMetDC
06-24-2007, 01:30 AM

Hey, Awsome show, isn't it? I got to follow Tool up the east coast, from orlando to baltimore. realy amazing stuff, and even more amazing people. we met them all a few times (minus maynard, but that's to be expected). At the last show it was sold out, we saw justin on his bike (we knew him from a couple different shows) and told him whats up, he went inside and came out with free floor tickets for me and my friends. adam gave us a dragonfly, and took a stereoscopic picture of us (hopefully he posts it soon!), and i got to hug DC trippin, fucking amazing. great to meet other tool fans,
Jesse Deutsch
Station 52
Old 06-24-2007, 01:30 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Hey, Awsome show, isn't it? I got to follow Tool up the east coast, from orlando to baltimore. realy amazing stuff, and even more amazing people. we met them all a few times (minus maynard, but that's to be expected). At the last show it was sold out, we saw justin on his bike (we knew him from a couple different shows) and told him whats up, he went inside and came out with free floor tickets for me and my friends. adam gave us a dragonfly, and took a stereoscopic picture of us (hopefully he posts it soon!), and i got to hug DC trippin, fucking amazing. great to meet other tool fans,
Jesse Deutsch
Station 52
OFFLINE |  
k1johnny's Avatar k1johnny
06-24-2007, 02:58 AM

Wow great show awsome performance, Melt bananna seems like just noise to me but who knows. I was so suprised at the sound it was way better than chicago last year. Im sure somone else noticed that tool were the people in the masks? Justin had some red thermo underware on and was sweeping up popcorn on the stage that maynard and adam were throwing into the blowers. Maynard was really having a good time up there, Maynard sang his heart out and danced around. Basing this opinion by all the reviews i have read over the last year and a month, since the start of the 10,000 days tour i will say that this falls in the top 5 or 10 shows of this tour Fort wayne pulled it off great. The crowed were awsome at least from where i was at. All i wanted was to hear Flood and i got it. well not much more to say oh ya maynard said he will see us soon........

see ya in chicago at the sears center in 4 days
gotta love it PEACE.................
Old 06-24-2007, 02:58 AM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Wow great show awsome performance, Melt bananna seems like just noise to me but who knows. I was so suprised at the sound it was way better than chicago last year. Im sure somone else noticed that tool were the people in the masks? Justin had some red thermo underware on and was sweeping up popcorn on the stage that maynard and adam were throwing into the blowers. Maynard was really having a good time up there, Maynard sang his heart out and danced around. Basing this opinion by all the reviews i have read over the last year and a month, since the start of the 10,000 days tour i will say that this falls in the top 5 or 10 shows of this tour Fort wayne pulled it off great. The crowed were awsome at least from where i was at. All i wanted was to hear Flood and i got it. well not much more to say oh ya maynard said he will see us soon........

see ya in chicago at the sears center in 4 days
gotta love it PEACE.................
OFFLINE |  
AddRokk's Avatar AddRokk
06-24-2007, 06:32 AM

amazing show last night. i couldnt ask for anything more for my money... other than Pushit. but atleast we got Flood.
this was my 6th show and my cousin's first. he's 15. first time on the floor and it actually wasnt bad after the moshers got tired. made it real chill for Wings and Lateralus. thanks you TOOL so much. i almost cried a few times. cool people there too.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:32 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

amazing show last night. i couldnt ask for anything more for my money... other than Pushit. but atleast we got Flood.
this was my 6th show and my cousin's first. he's 15. first time on the floor and it actually wasnt bad after the moshers got tired. made it real chill for Wings and Lateralus. thanks you TOOL so much. i almost cried a few times. cool people there too.
OFFLINE |  
nemofish
06-24-2007, 06:50 AM

Not much I can do but echo the sentiment of other posters...amazing show, lateralus w/ melt banana was the highlight for me. The band, Maynard included, seemed very into the show.

Instead of waiting for the parking lot to clear a few of us waited out back by the tour buses, and Adam eventually came out to walk his dog. Afterwards, he walked his dog back onto the bus and came out to talk to us for a few minutes, and seemed like one of the nicest, most grounded people I have ever met. What a personal thrill for me; thank you Adam!
Old 06-24-2007, 06:50 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Not much I can do but echo the sentiment of other posters...amazing show, lateralus w/ melt banana was the highlight for me. The band, Maynard included, seemed very into the show.

Instead of waiting for the parking lot to clear a few of us waited out back by the tour buses, and Adam eventually came out to walk his dog. Afterwards, he walked his dog back onto the bus and came out to talk to us for a few minutes, and seemed like one of the nicest, most grounded people I have ever met. What a personal thrill for me; thank you Adam!
OFFLINE |  
millermt's Avatar millermt
06-24-2007, 06:51 AM

This was my 13th show, and I'd have to say it was one of the best. The band was very tight and looked like they were having a good time. Even the usually zoned out Adam was smiling a lot. The crowd was way into the show.

Loved hearing Flood for the first time. And this extended version of Lateralus blew away the one they did in Atlantic City a couple weeks ago. You could tell from the whole band's reactions after the extension that they all felt they had done something special there.

I may be a little biased in my review since I was with some of my favorite people on the planet and having a great time. Sharing the experience with my sister and two teenage nephews was great. We had awesome seats in the second row right up near the stage on the Justin/Danny side.

Met a bunch of cool people in the parking lot. Phil, Allison and Daniel from Noblesville - hope you guys made it home okay. Next time bring enough party favors to share!

My sister and I are doing it again next Friday in Cincy! Fingers crossed for Pushit!
12-Aug-02 Trenton, NJ | 13-Aug-02 NYC | 29-Oct-02 PHL | 17-May-06 PHL | 19-May-06 NYC | 20-May-06 NYC | 28-Sep-06 Camden, NJ | 02-Oct-06 Wilkes-Barre, PA | 05-Oct-06 Hartford, CT | 06-Oct-06 East Rutherford, NJ | 07-Oct-06 Long Island, NY | 09-Jun-07 Atlantic City, NJ | 23-Jun-07 Fort Wayne, IN | 29-Jun-07 Cincinnati, OH | 07-Aug-09 Cincinnati, OH | 16-Jul-10 Las Vegas, NV | 15-Mar-14 Las Vegas, NV | 22-Jan-16 STL | 23-Jan-16 Nashville, TN | 29-Oct-16 NOLA | 08-Jun-17 Rosemont, IL | 20-May-18 Columbus, OH | 08-May-19 Louisville, KY | 13-May-19 STL | 04-Jun-19 Prague | 05-Jun-19 Vienna | 15-Oct-19 DEN | 16-Oct-19 DEN | 31-Oct-19 MKE | 11-Nov-19 Toronto | 12-Nov-19 Toronto | 24-Nov-19 Raleigh, NC | 18-Jan-20 Glendale, AZ | 21-Jan-20 ATX | 29-Jan-20 Nashville, TN

Last edited by millermt; 06-24-2007 at 07:10 AM..
Old 06-24-2007, 06:51 AM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

This was my 13th show, and I'd have to say it was one of the best. The band was very tight and looked like they were having a good time. Even the usually zoned out Adam was smiling a lot. The crowd was way into the show.

Loved hearing Flood for the first time. And this extended version of Lateralus blew away the one they did in Atlantic City a couple weeks ago. You could tell from the whole band's reactions after the extension that they all felt they had done something special there.

I may be a little biased in my review since I was with some of my favorite people on the planet and having a great time. Sharing the experience with my sister and two teenage nephews was great. We had awesome seats in the second row right up near the stage on the Justin/Danny side.

Met a bunch of cool people in the parking lot. Phil, Allison and Daniel from Noblesville - hope you guys made it home okay. Next time bring enough party favors to share!

My sister and I are doing it again next Friday in Cincy! Fingers crossed for Pushit!
12-Aug-02 Trenton, NJ | 13-Aug-02 NYC | 29-Oct-02 PHL | 17-May-06 PHL | 19-May-06 NYC | 20-May-06 NYC | 28-Sep-06 Camden, NJ | 02-Oct-06 Wilkes-Barre, PA | 05-Oct-06 Hartford, CT | 06-Oct-06 East Rutherford, NJ | 07-Oct-06 Long Island, NY | 09-Jun-07 Atlantic City, NJ | 23-Jun-07 Fort Wayne, IN | 29-Jun-07 Cincinnati, OH | 07-Aug-09 Cincinnati, OH | 16-Jul-10 Las Vegas, NV | 15-Mar-14 Las Vegas, NV | 22-Jan-16 STL | 23-Jan-16 Nashville, TN | 29-Oct-16 NOLA | 08-Jun-17 Rosemont, IL | 20-May-18 Columbus, OH | 08-May-19 Louisville, KY | 13-May-19 STL | 04-Jun-19 Prague | 05-Jun-19 Vienna | 15-Oct-19 DEN | 16-Oct-19 DEN | 31-Oct-19 MKE | 11-Nov-19 Toronto | 12-Nov-19 Toronto | 24-Nov-19 Raleigh, NC | 18-Jan-20 Glendale, AZ | 21-Jan-20 ATX | 29-Jan-20 Nashville, TN

Last edited by millermt; 06-24-2007 at 07:10 AM..
OFFLINE |  
skrribble's Avatar skrribble
06-24-2007, 07:01 AM

this was my second tool show... i think i've come to the realization that it doesnt get any better than tool.... all of the visuals complemented the music to perfection, even better than on the first leg of the 10000 days tour... danny, of course, was on.... maynard didnt seem to skip any lines except for the first part of the la la la la la in vicarious, but that was right after that douche bag jumped on stage.... justin and adam were amazing, very tight.... they only maynardsim would be " its nice having your very own oompa loompas" (referring to the men in lab coats doing all the bitch work

i actually didnt mind melt-banana.... they seemed to entertain me with their performance more than their music, but the music wasnt horrible

see you friday in cincy!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

this was my second tool show... i think i've come to the realization that it doesnt get any better than tool.... all of the visuals complemented the music to perfection, even better than on the first leg of the 10000 days tour... danny, of course, was on.... maynard didnt seem to skip any lines except for the first part of the la la la la la in vicarious, but that was right after that douche bag jumped on stage.... justin and adam were amazing, very tight.... they only maynardsim would be " its nice having your very own oompa loompas" (referring to the men in lab coats doing all the bitch work

i actually didnt mind melt-banana.... they seemed to entertain me with their performance more than their music, but the music wasnt horrible

see you friday in cincy!!!
OFFLINE |  
Inbleach's Avatar Inbleach
06-24-2007, 09:43 AM

This was my first Tool show, and despite shitty seats (600 section) it was amazing. I loved the laser show, the visuals were trippy as hell. All in all they nailed the performance, the crowd was very....er, sorta behaved, lots of moshing from what I could see, and the only real big thing with the audience was the asshole who ran up on stage, and blew kisses as he was dragged off. Fucking great performance, I hope I can catch them again next time they're in town.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

This was my first Tool show, and despite shitty seats (600 section) it was amazing. I loved the laser show, the visuals were trippy as hell. All in all they nailed the performance, the crowd was very....er, sorta behaved, lots of moshing from what I could see, and the only real big thing with the audience was the asshole who ran up on stage, and blew kisses as he was dragged off. Fucking great performance, I hope I can catch them again next time they're in town.
OFFLINE |  
k1johnny's Avatar k1johnny
06-24-2007, 09:57 AM

man that fool that jumped on stage got crushed in the middle, i bet he was hurting!!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

man that fool that jumped on stage got crushed in the middle, i bet he was hurting!!
OFFLINE |  
toolgirl1001
06-24-2007, 10:16 AM

After being a Tool fan for years I finally gotto see my first Tool show, and what an experience it was! There are no words to describe how incredibly awesome seeing them live is and couldn't have asked for anything more. All of the musicians hands down are AMAZING. Watching Danny play the drums is just mind boggling and quite the experience. I thank Maynard for being quite animated during Jambi shooting his pistols and thrusting..doesn't get any better than that. The set list was awesome, the lasers were awesome...simply just an awesome time and no other band could ever compare. Thank you TOOL!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

After being a Tool fan for years I finally gotto see my first Tool show, and what an experience it was! There are no words to describe how incredibly awesome seeing them live is and couldn't have asked for anything more. All of the musicians hands down are AMAZING. Watching Danny play the drums is just mind boggling and quite the experience. I thank Maynard for being quite animated during Jambi shooting his pistols and thrusting..doesn't get any better than that. The set list was awesome, the lasers were awesome...simply just an awesome time and no other band could ever compare. Thank you TOOL!!!
OFFLINE |  
Aenemated's Avatar Aenemated
06-24-2007, 10:36 AM

Nothing short of phenomenal. I also have been a hardcore Tool fan since Opitate, but haven't had the means, mode, or opportunity to see them live before now. Amazing! Lots of songs I wish they could have played, but the set list was just fine how it was. I had the distinct honor of taking my brother-in-law into his first mosh pit, now he's hooked. We made it to the rail. The music was performed flawlessly, and the visuals were icing on the cake. THANK YOU TOOL, COME BACK SOON!!!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Nothing short of phenomenal. I also have been a hardcore Tool fan since Opitate, but haven't had the means, mode, or opportunity to see them live before now. Amazing! Lots of songs I wish they could have played, but the set list was just fine how it was. I had the distinct honor of taking my brother-in-law into his first mosh pit, now he's hooked. We made it to the rail. The music was performed flawlessly, and the visuals were icing on the cake. THANK YOU TOOL, COME BACK SOON!!!!!
06-24-2007, 03:03 PM

My 3rd Tool show, and the best so far. Worth the 4 hour drive. When you guys say "mosh pit" do you mean actual moshing, or just people standing very close together? Because I have yet to see anything other than people squished tightly together, and I've gotten pretty damn close on the floor every time.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

My 3rd Tool show, and the best so far. Worth the 4 hour drive. When you guys say "mosh pit" do you mean actual moshing, or just people standing very close together? Because I have yet to see anything other than people squished tightly together, and I've gotten pretty damn close on the floor every time.
OFFLINE |  
Ddevil
06-24-2007, 05:15 PM

We were moshing for sure. it got pretty hardcore at times, i seen a couple big guys hit the concrete. awsome show. they were on key and the whole band and crowd was into it. i was in the middle/front on the floor the whole time. sounded good and loud. i was with one of the guys that got dragged out, during lateralus, he passed out from heat exaustion and was fine after chugging 10 cups of water. the staff wasnt much help after im screaming in a ladies face we need first aid, then the guy that came up and took over guided us to the wrong end of the hall where the first aid was supposed to be.

danny had to ice his arm after they played flood, justin layed down. lateralus and schism were long and good. that had to have been tool on stage during melt bananna, and all i can say about them is the guitarist is good with all the distortion and sound effects, i coulda did without the vocals.

i think the band knew they put on a badass show, and they did a little powwow hug thing at the end, with the band smiling and bowing, i think i seen adam give a thumbs up. i cant really compare until i go to cinci on friday. but im thinking this was a better than average performance.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #16
Level 2 - Poster

We were moshing for sure. it got pretty hardcore at times, i seen a couple big guys hit the concrete. awsome show. they were on key and the whole band and crowd was into it. i was in the middle/front on the floor the whole time. sounded good and loud. i was with one of the guys that got dragged out, during lateralus, he passed out from heat exaustion and was fine after chugging 10 cups of water. the staff wasnt much help after im screaming in a ladies face we need first aid, then the guy that came up and took over guided us to the wrong end of the hall where the first aid was supposed to be.

danny had to ice his arm after they played flood, justin layed down. lateralus and schism were long and good. that had to have been tool on stage during melt bananna, and all i can say about them is the guitarist is good with all the distortion and sound effects, i coulda did without the vocals.

i think the band knew they put on a badass show, and they did a little powwow hug thing at the end, with the band smiling and bowing, i think i seen adam give a thumbs up. i cant really compare until i go to cinci on friday. but im thinking this was a better than average performance.
OFFLINE |  
a big stupid dumbass's Avatar a big stupid dumbass
06-24-2007, 06:41 PM

well then...

It's been 24 hours so I guess I have reflected enough.

I went to the show a week ago in Evansville, and I also was present for the show last night in Ft. Wayne. I spent my time yesterday at the ardmore observation tower in front of the rock quarry in Ft. Wayne. As I left the observation tower with my friendgirl I asked if we could make a stop at the library. Once I was there I knew I was going to buy tickets to the show that was about to start in 3 hours. I asked her if she wanted to go, she said that she gets panic attacks in big crowds but that she had a xanex so it would be o.k. I bought the tickets, $93, section 602, row 14, TIP TOP of the venue, no problem. I figure that we'll sit through Melt Bannana and then go snake some other seats for Tool. We parked at some random place to avoid the charge and then headed for the concert. I first notice the countless people (those guys) wearing the tool shirt to the tool concert. I asked my friendgirl if she wanted to dress up formally for the show, and she replies that in that case we would be the only real non-conformists in the vicinity, but I puss out. She tells me that it looks like 10,000 of the same person walking into the concert. We find the will call, get our tickets, and I see that the staff are just not enjoying Tools...err...Tool fans. When we take our seats, we are adjacent to a massive venting pipe of some sort, and my friendgirl realizes that she can lay down for the show and still have a great view. For Melt Bannana, which I enjoyed last Sunday, the set list was mixed up but still interesting. Seeing what looked like some of the guys from Tool (Adam and Justin in the mask w/ broom) spraying what looked like popcorn/confetti up over and onto the drummer was great. It was hilarious even from our view outside of the atmosphere. The lead singing female acts like she is singing when the guitar player uses what sounds like a vocal effect on the strings, she also mimics falling asleep during what sounds like ambience/experimental sound. I love it. Idiots next to us boo'd them, and I pulled out my desert eagle and blew what little brains they had all over the surrounding crowd. We basically had a perfect side/overhead view of the bands and I decided that I wouldn't mind staying in our assigned area to watch the main show. I would have liked to have seen the sigils overtop the band displayed for the crowd in front of the stage, but I was content with what is projected down onto the stage, and the lasers, and the flat screens, and oh yeah, the band, which we have a full view of, especially Danny Carey. By the way... do you know what a sigil is ?!?

Tool's show was great as usual, it was harder to clearly hear it from where we were, but I enjoyed every minute of it with someone I care about. My favorite song was probably the short newer one's that they have been going through each show, especially right before Schism, where Adam divides the descending chords in half perfectly. All the others were great, and I was seriously pushed into an inspired state. I barely moved the entire show, so I could get my brain going. I was hoping for Right in Two, but know that the band doesn't give three fat brown fingers about what I was hoping for. It was the exact same show I saw a week ago, and I am extremely happy that I decided to go. Last night was the final time being present for a show put on by these guys. It was my fifth, and I have all I will ever need from Tool.

During the roaring applause at the end, my friendgirl turns and tells me we should all be hoarding around laboratories applauding and screaming "we love vaccines" and "cure...cure...cure...cure". Somewhere in a parallel universe this actually happens.

And now for our top story:

You push harder, you re-organize your life, you assess all your actions, you make daily changes, and yet you never actually progress. Sure, other people see your productivity increasing, and many folks will express disbelief at "how fast you're moving" -- but yet to you, nothing ever changes. It is never enough.

You Live in an Insane Asylum

Not a metaphor, not a joke, not poetry: a simple statement. The vast majority of human beings on this planet are out of their minds. They obey invsible monsters, they're infected with language viruses, and they're all willing to kill you over beliefs they don't even understand.

IT'S BEEN THOUSANDS OF YEARS, AND ALL EXISTING HUMAN STRATEGIES HAVE PROVEN TO BE FAILURES. YOU'RE NEVER TOO CRAZY. YOU'RE NEVER WORKING TOO HARD. YOU'RE NEVER PUSHING YOURSELF TOO MUCH. FACT IS, YOU'RE NOT NEARLY INSANE ENOUGH.

Go in silence
Go in solitude
Go in peace
Keep Going

Last edited by a big stupid dumbass; 06-24-2007 at 07:47 PM..
Old 06-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

well then...

It's been 24 hours so I guess I have reflected enough.

I went to the show a week ago in Evansville, and I also was present for the show last night in Ft. Wayne. I spent my time yesterday at the ardmore observation tower in front of the rock quarry in Ft. Wayne. As I left the observation tower with my friendgirl I asked if we could make a stop at the library. Once I was there I knew I was going to buy tickets to the show that was about to start in 3 hours. I asked her if she wanted to go, she said that she gets panic attacks in big crowds but that she had a xanex so it would be o.k. I bought the tickets, $93, section 602, row 14, TIP TOP of the venue, no problem. I figure that we'll sit through Melt Bannana and then go snake some other seats for Tool. We parked at some random place to avoid the charge and then headed for the concert. I first notice the countless people (those guys) wearing the tool shirt to the tool concert. I asked my friendgirl if she wanted to dress up formally for the show, and she replies that in that case we would be the only real non-conformists in the vicinity, but I puss out. She tells me that it looks like 10,000 of the same person walking into the concert. We find the will call, get our tickets, and I see that the staff are just not enjoying Tools...err...Tool fans. When we take our seats, we are adjacent to a massive venting pipe of some sort, and my friendgirl realizes that she can lay down for the show and still have a great view. For Melt Bannana, which I enjoyed last Sunday, the set list was mixed up but still interesting. Seeing what looked like some of the guys from Tool (Adam and Justin in the mask w/ broom) spraying what looked like popcorn/confetti up over and onto the drummer was great. It was hilarious even from our view outside of the atmosphere. The lead singing female acts like she is singing when the guitar player uses what sounds like a vocal effect on the strings, she also mimics falling asleep during what sounds like ambience/experimental sound. I love it. Idiots next to us boo'd them, and I pulled out my desert eagle and blew what little brains they had all over the surrounding crowd. We basically had a perfect side/overhead view of the bands and I decided that I wouldn't mind staying in our assigned area to watch the main show. I would have liked to have seen the sigils overtop the band displayed for the crowd in front of the stage, but I was content with what is projected down onto the stage, and the lasers, and the flat screens, and oh yeah, the band, which we have a full view of, especially Danny Carey. By the way... do you know what a sigil is ?!?

Tool's show was great as usual, it was harder to clearly hear it from where we were, but I enjoyed every minute of it with someone I care about. My favorite song was probably the short newer one's that they have been going through each show, especially right before Schism, where Adam divides the descending chords in half perfectly. All the others were great, and I was seriously pushed into an inspired state. I barely moved the entire show, so I could get my brain going. I was hoping for Right in Two, but know that the band doesn't give three fat brown fingers about what I was hoping for. It was the exact same show I saw a week ago, and I am extremely happy that I decided to go. Last night was the final time being present for a show put on by these guys. It was my fifth, and I have all I will ever need from Tool.

During the roaring applause at the end, my friendgirl turns and tells me we should all be hoarding around laboratories applauding and screaming "we love vaccines" and "cure...cure...cure...cure". Somewhere in a parallel universe this actually happens.

And now for our top story:

You push harder, you re-organize your life, you assess all your actions, you make daily changes, and yet you never actually progress. Sure, other people see your productivity increasing, and many folks will express disbelief at "how fast you're moving" -- but yet to you, nothing ever changes. It is never enough.

You Live in an Insane Asylum

Not a metaphor, not a joke, not poetry: a simple statement. The vast majority of human beings on this planet are out of their minds. They obey invsible monsters, they're infected with language viruses, and they're all willing to kill you over beliefs they don't even understand.

IT'S BEEN THOUSANDS OF YEARS, AND ALL EXISTING HUMAN STRATEGIES HAVE PROVEN TO BE FAILURES. YOU'RE NEVER TOO CRAZY. YOU'RE NEVER WORKING TOO HARD. YOU'RE NEVER PUSHING YOURSELF TOO MUCH. FACT IS, YOU'RE NOT NEARLY INSANE ENOUGH.

Go in silence
Go in solitude
Go in peace
Keep Going

Last edited by a big stupid dumbass; 06-24-2007 at 07:47 PM..
OFFLINE |  
insectpinsNR's Avatar insectpinsNR
06-24-2007, 08:35 PM

WoWoa Nice show..

That was my cousins friend that jumped on the stage.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:35 PM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

WoWoa Nice show..

That was my cousins friend that jumped on the stage.
OFFLINE |  
blitzedge's Avatar blitzedge
06-24-2007, 09:01 PM

That was a great show. Also my third. I'll be hitting up other midwest dates within the next couple of weeks. What can I say?? I'm not disappointed at all. I think it is impossible to be with Tool. Very impressive.

Jambi as the opener was definitely great. I really wish they would play The Grudge like in the lateralus days. I thought that was a good opener. Nonetheless, Jambi was great. That is very heavy live. Justin was really into this one.

Stinkfist was great as always. I was surprised that we got the extended since there have been a few shows that they were not performing it extended. Still awesome with a touch of ions before it.

46&2 is always a great bass song. Second time hearing it. Brings back the mid-90's to me.

I know that Schism is played on the radio wayyy too much, but live, especially extended, is sooo good. I think that this song is overlooked as just a radio favorite.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned might be my favorite tool song as of now. So good live. ITs got the whole alien/ufo vibe going for it. Soo good live. Its got such a great climax at the end of the song.

Finally hearing something off of Undertow was nice. Flood balanced out everything well. very good and heavy live. Cool visuals too.

Wings part one and two of course is a great combo live. My friend thought that seeing the song visually is better than the cd. I agree. Very cool live. I saw it in Columbus Ohio during the fall tour and I think its a bit better now since they've been playing it a lot more. Great visuals with the lasers, lights, adam's pigtails.

Lateralus is great. Since Lateralus (the album) is my favorite tool album, it was great to hear this song again. Very good live with the red and yellow lights. I also agree that this is a great closer.

Vicarious...what can I say?? very heavy live and fun to listen to. I would put this song in the middle though somewhere. Maybe even toward the beginning. I still think this song belonged on the Lateralus album.

Great show. Should have played The Pot. Still a great show though. Idiots need to stay at home in their cage and off the stage.

Brendan....you are an animal. Maybe Burnside should have opened for Tool.

Last edited by blitzedge; 06-24-2007 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 06-24-2007, 09:01 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

That was a great show. Also my third. I'll be hitting up other midwest dates within the next couple of weeks. What can I say?? I'm not disappointed at all. I think it is impossible to be with Tool. Very impressive.

Jambi as the opener was definitely great. I really wish they would play The Grudge like in the lateralus days. I thought that was a good opener. Nonetheless, Jambi was great. That is very heavy live. Justin was really into this one.

Stinkfist was great as always. I was surprised that we got the extended since there have been a few shows that they were not performing it extended. Still awesome with a touch of ions before it.

46&2 is always a great bass song. Second time hearing it. Brings back the mid-90's to me.

I know that Schism is played on the radio wayyy too much, but live, especially extended, is sooo good. I think that this song is overlooked as just a radio favorite.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned might be my favorite tool song as of now. So good live. ITs got the whole alien/ufo vibe going for it. Soo good live. Its got such a great climax at the end of the song.

Finally hearing something off of Undertow was nice. Flood balanced out everything well. very good and heavy live. Cool visuals too.

Wings part one and two of course is a great combo live. My friend thought that seeing the song visually is better than the cd. I agree. Very cool live. I saw it in Columbus Ohio during the fall tour and I think its a bit better now since they've been playing it a lot more. Great visuals with the lasers, lights, adam's pigtails.

Lateralus is great. Since Lateralus (the album) is my favorite tool album, it was great to hear this song again. Very good live with the red and yellow lights. I also agree that this is a great closer.

Vicarious...what can I say?? very heavy live and fun to listen to. I would put this song in the middle though somewhere. Maybe even toward the beginning. I still think this song belonged on the Lateralus album.

Great show. Should have played The Pot. Still a great show though. Idiots need to stay at home in their cage and off the stage.

Brendan....you are an animal. Maybe Burnside should have opened for Tool.

Last edited by blitzedge; 06-24-2007 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: spelling
OFFLINE |  
tooldude's Avatar tooldude
06-25-2007, 05:47 AM

fuckin awesome show...so much better than evansville.. got front row next to a couple chicks...they stayed up there the whole time, i was surprised...it was pretty bad at times, i could hardly breathe from being smashed. we could actually hear maynard this time. was hoping theyd change the setlist a bit so i could get to hear right in two but we got flood again... could have done without drunken fuckin idiots...but i guess theres always a few at every show. i dont mind seeing melt banana i have come to like them actually...the guitar player is a badass. oh and danny carey is not human. almost caught a drum stick but there was like 35 other people goin for it too so it got dropped right in front of the barricade. well, im hoping to find a ticket to cincinnati next week.
setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus w/ Melt Banana
Vicarious
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
Old 06-25-2007, 05:47 AM   #20
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

fuckin awesome show...so much better than evansville.. got front row next to a couple chicks...they stayed up there the whole time, i was surprised...it was pretty bad at times, i could hardly breathe from being smashed. we could actually hear maynard this time. was hoping theyd change the setlist a bit so i could get to hear right in two but we got flood again... could have done without drunken fuckin idiots...but i guess theres always a few at every show. i dont mind seeing melt banana i have come to like them actually...the guitar player is a badass. oh and danny carey is not human. almost caught a drum stick but there was like 35 other people goin for it too so it got dropped right in front of the barricade. well, im hoping to find a ticket to cincinnati next week.
setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus w/ Melt Banana
Vicarious
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
OFFLINE |  
waroco
06-26-2007, 08:30 PM

the thumbs up from adam was the icing on the cake
Old 06-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

the thumbs up from adam was the icing on the cake
OFFLINE |  
06-27-2007, 02:45 PM

so this was my second tool show, and it was great. the visual fx were amazing. the set list was great, and the band was on it. however i did think the guitar was too loud. i couldn't distinguish danny's drum rolls at times, or some of justin's bass sound. aside from being a drummer, tool is a very drum driven band, and i was a bit dissappointed when i was barely able to pick out some of my favorite parts. maynard was hard to hear at times as well, but that's to be expected with his dynamics. also i don't think alcohol should be allowed at tool shows. i was quite annoyed by hearing "WOOOOO" in the middle of the beautiful "wings for marie". anyway though, i do smile on the crowds enthusiasm. and running on stage is all well and good at most shows, but not tool. too much of a multimedia extravaganza to properly thrust that kind of chaos into. a bit bothered by the lack of diversity. everyone was a white kid wearing a black band t-shirt. kindof the antithesis of tool's message, i think (and the focus of much of their sarcasm). also, i wondered if anyone else got that on "vicarious" the lasers were red, green, and blue. all in all, fantastick, like the cleaner.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

so this was my second tool show, and it was great. the visual fx were amazing. the set list was great, and the band was on it. however i did think the guitar was too loud. i couldn't distinguish danny's drum rolls at times, or some of justin's bass sound. aside from being a drummer, tool is a very drum driven band, and i was a bit dissappointed when i was barely able to pick out some of my favorite parts. maynard was hard to hear at times as well, but that's to be expected with his dynamics. also i don't think alcohol should be allowed at tool shows. i was quite annoyed by hearing "WOOOOO" in the middle of the beautiful "wings for marie". anyway though, i do smile on the crowds enthusiasm. and running on stage is all well and good at most shows, but not tool. too much of a multimedia extravaganza to properly thrust that kind of chaos into. a bit bothered by the lack of diversity. everyone was a white kid wearing a black band t-shirt. kindof the antithesis of tool's message, i think (and the focus of much of their sarcasm). also, i wondered if anyone else got that on "vicarious" the lasers were red, green, and blue. all in all, fantastick, like the cleaner.
OFFLINE |  
Aenemated's Avatar Aenemated
06-27-2007, 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=a big stupid dumbass;2019586]well then...

I pulled out my Desert Eagle and blew what little brains they had all over the surrounding crowd.

I think I would've remembered that.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

[QUOTE=a big stupid dumbass;2019586]well then...

I pulled out my Desert Eagle and blew what little brains they had all over the surrounding crowd.

I think I would've remembered that.
07-03-2007, 09:02 AM

This was my first Tool show and I cannot say I came away disappointed. The visual aspect of the show alone was worth the price of admission. However, one thing about the show that surprised me a great deal was just how little Maynard was involved in the show. I came into the show with the foreknowledge that he liked to hide in the back, but I had no idea that he never comes out front and that his mic is turned down so low. Regardless, Maynard’s voice and presence still added positive energy to the show.

Best songs of the night were 46&2 and Flood.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #24
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 2

This was my first Tool show and I cannot say I came away disappointed. The visual aspect of the show alone was worth the price of admission. However, one thing about the show that surprised me a great deal was just how little Maynard was involved in the show. I came into the show with the foreknowledge that he liked to hide in the back, but I had no idea that he never comes out front and that his mic is turned down so low. Regardless, Maynard’s voice and presence still added positive energy to the show.

Best songs of the night were 46&2 and Flood.
OFFLINE |  
musthavebeenoutyourmind
07-07-2007, 11:12 AM

Good Show overall...However disappointed No POT! Highlights Wings/10K, Vicarious, and Lateralus..Vocals were a little buried in the mix, but got better as the show progressed..For my first Tool show I was pleased and will def see them again when they come back..Maybe we will get lucky and they will tour next year or later this year...And No Burnside's Drummer could never play with Danny!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Good Show overall...However disappointed No POT! Highlights Wings/10K, Vicarious, and Lateralus..Vocals were a little buried in the mix, but got better as the show progressed..For my first Tool show I was pleased and will def see them again when they come back..Maybe we will get lucky and they will tour next year or later this year...And No Burnside's Drummer could never play with Danny!
OFFLINE |  
3rdEyeTired's Avatar 3rdEyeTired
07-14-2007, 10:24 AM

Setlist:

Jambi
(-)Ions - small portion
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys/ Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD!
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days
LateraLus (extended Merkaba w/ Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Seen them in (1st time) Dallas, TX - Shreveport, LA - and now Ft. Wayne, IN. Prior military so that what i was doin that far south. I live in Fishers, IN.

I watched some Melt Banana on the internet and didnt expect much but they kicked ass. Guitarist has some crazzy ass fx!

ANYWAY TooL was better and better each time i saw them and this last time was the best! I love every TooL song to the point where i need psychiatric care. Jambi has always been the shit live. During the intro, Maynard held up his hands like he was holding a rifle and aiming in a different direction with each blast from Adam. Stinkfist extended...first time ive seen it extended and it's amazing on youtube and an outerbody experience when its presented in front of you. When Adam takes over in that solo, it feels like my insides are coming out of every pore and the top of my head opens up. (third eye haha). Forty-Six & 2, you dont even have to go into detail about this work of art. Its Forty-Six & 2, thats all i should have to say. Schism, this is the first TooL song i ever heard so this one is closest to my heart. Extended version is a great twist. Lost Keys always puts a tear on my face. Justin's bass moaning and Adam releasing a soothing, angelic sound through his guitar. Rosetta Stoned, i dont think i'll ever be able to sing that song as quick as Maynard or have the timing and coordination like Danny, Adam, and Justin. I cant really speak much about this song, trust me, it will speak to you. Ready for this? FLOOD! WOW! Before any TooL concert, ive predicted what the "X" song would be. Dallas, i didnt really guess anything cuz it was the first time. I was just hoping i would be alive after the show. But we got The Pot and AEnima there. In Shreveport, i predicted Intension/Right In Two and i got it! This show, i was wanting Pushit or Flood. Obviously, i got Flood. I couldnt believe it! You know when its comin too, thats the awesome/crazy/funny part! Duuunnnnn dun dunNNN daaaahhhhhh dah dun dun hahahha! Wings For Marie/10,000 Days. Im gonna say this this is like the Disposition/Reflection. If they went around playing just these 2 songs, i would pay the regular price of a normal show. The lasers, the background, and the crowd totally consumed by the music and Maynard's voice. My favorite part was: "You are the only one who can hold your head up high" *everyone sang and shook their fist* "shake your fist at the gate sayin 'IIII'VE COME HOME NOW!" Gave me goosbumps and lead to that Stinkfist feeling. LateraLus - this is without a doubt my favorite TooL song of all time. I had been looking at previous reviews to see what we were gonna see and Melt Banana had been doin an extended version of LateraLus. Since i wasn't too impressed with them before i saw them, i was afraid my fav. song was gonna be ruined. But it wasnt. The extension turned out to be incredible. It was a sound and visual mind fuck with a little travel back in time. I dunno if anyone noticed, but what the guitarist from Melt Banana was doing was Merkaba. I completly lost my mind and really couldnt process a thought. What i was seeing and hearing was just being dumped into my brain and i will always remember it. Melt Banana singer and Maynard played rock, paper, scissors. Crowd went insane when Maynard won. They all (Melt Banana) hugged and said goodbye. Then it went right back to the original song. Duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh. Vicarious. Might be my favorite song to play on guitar. What can't i say about this song? Another one of the many TooL songs where you are consumed and get completly lost in the music. I was jealous of the guy that got on stage. It's always been a dream of mine to get on stage like that guy did during Pushit (i know you all have seen the vid), get punished by Maynard while he's singing in my ear, and get a signature. But i also dont wanna be the guy that catches shit from the crowd and possibly disliked by Maynard. I want all their signatues between my LateraLus eye and APC tattoo - Off track now - It's a sad song on the tour, because you know its the end of the show.

And finally the end of this review. Whew! I've waited almost a month to post this.

I've seen you guys 3 times and hope there will be many more to come. "Something kinda sad about, the way the things have come to be," I hope you will go around the U.S. one more time after you're done over seas. Then take a nice loooong, hard earned break you all deserve. And then release another album in 5 years. I will be waiting.

Thank you Maynard James Keenan
Thank you Adam Jones.
Thank you Danny Carey.
Thank you Justin Chancellor.

Last edited by 3rdEyeTired; 07-14-2007 at 10:51 AM..
Old 07-14-2007, 10:24 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

2007/06/23 - Ft. Wayne, IN - Memorial Coliseum

Setlist:

Jambi
(-)Ions - small portion
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys/ Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD!
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days
LateraLus (extended Merkaba w/ Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Seen them in (1st time) Dallas, TX - Shreveport, LA - and now Ft. Wayne, IN. Prior military so that what i was doin that far south. I live in Fishers, IN.

I watched some Melt Banana on the internet and didnt expect much but they kicked ass. Guitarist has some crazzy ass fx!

ANYWAY TooL was better and better each time i saw them and this last time was the best! I love every TooL song to the point where i need psychiatric care. Jambi has always been the shit live. During the intro, Maynard held up his hands like he was holding a rifle and aiming in a different direction with each blast from Adam. Stinkfist extended...first time ive seen it extended and it's amazing on youtube and an outerbody experience when its presented in front of you. When Adam takes over in that solo, it feels like my insides are coming out of every pore and the top of my head opens up. (third eye haha). Forty-Six & 2, you dont even have to go into detail about this work of art. Its Forty-Six & 2, thats all i should have to say. Schism, this is the first TooL song i ever heard so this one is closest to my heart. Extended version is a great twist. Lost Keys always puts a tear on my face. Justin's bass moaning and Adam releasing a soothing, angelic sound through his guitar. Rosetta Stoned, i dont think i'll ever be able to sing that song as quick as Maynard or have the timing and coordination like Danny, Adam, and Justin. I cant really speak much about this song, trust me, it will speak to you. Ready for this? FLOOD! WOW! Before any TooL concert, ive predicted what the "X" song would be. Dallas, i didnt really guess anything cuz it was the first time. I was just hoping i would be alive after the show. But we got The Pot and AEnima there. In Shreveport, i predicted Intension/Right In Two and i got it! This show, i was wanting Pushit or Flood. Obviously, i got Flood. I couldnt believe it! You know when its comin too, thats the awesome/crazy/funny part! Duuunnnnn dun dunNNN daaaahhhhhh dah dun dun hahahha! Wings For Marie/10,000 Days. Im gonna say this this is like the Disposition/Reflection. If they went around playing just these 2 songs, i would pay the regular price of a normal show. The lasers, the background, and the crowd totally consumed by the music and Maynard's voice. My favorite part was: "You are the only one who can hold your head up high" *everyone sang and shook their fist* "shake your fist at the gate sayin 'IIII'VE COME HOME NOW!" Gave me goosbumps and lead to that Stinkfist feeling. LateraLus - this is without a doubt my favorite TooL song of all time. I had been looking at previous reviews to see what we were gonna see and Melt Banana had been doin an extended version of LateraLus. Since i wasn't too impressed with them before i saw them, i was afraid my fav. song was gonna be ruined. But it wasnt. The extension turned out to be incredible. It was a sound and visual mind fuck with a little travel back in time. I dunno if anyone noticed, but what the guitarist from Melt Banana was doing was Merkaba. I completly lost my mind and really couldnt process a thought. What i was seeing and hearing was just being dumped into my brain and i will always remember it. Melt Banana singer and Maynard played rock, paper, scissors. Crowd went insane when Maynard won. They all (Melt Banana) hugged and said goodbye. Then it went right back to the original song. Duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh - duh duh duh duh. Vicarious. Might be my favorite song to play on guitar. What can't i say about this song? Another one of the many TooL songs where you are consumed and get completly lost in the music. I was jealous of the guy that got on stage. It's always been a dream of mine to get on stage like that guy did during Pushit (i know you all have seen the vid), get punished by Maynard while he's singing in my ear, and get a signature. But i also dont wanna be the guy that catches shit from the crowd and possibly disliked by Maynard. I want all their signatues between my LateraLus eye and APC tattoo - Off track now - It's a sad song on the tour, because you know its the end of the show.

And finally the end of this review. Whew! I've waited almost a month to post this.

I've seen you guys 3 times and hope there will be many more to come. "Something kinda sad about, the way the things have come to be," I hope you will go around the U.S. one more time after you're done over seas. Then take a nice loooong, hard earned break you all deserve. And then release another album in 5 years. I will be waiting.

Thank you Maynard James Keenan
Thank you Adam Jones.
Thank you Danny Carey.
Thank you Justin Chancellor.

Last edited by 3rdEyeTired; 07-14-2007 at 10:51 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply