opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Jan-Feb 2007
User Name
Password
Old 01-17-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2007/02/08 - Osaka, JAP - Zepp

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-08-2007, 06:06 AM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 8
Re: 2007/02/08 - Osaka, JAP - Zepp

just got home. that was awesome. tired and drunk now so write more tomorrow. anyway, it was awesome
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #3
On Probation

Bincount™: 8

Ok I'm awake again. Though this time I'm tired and hungover. As I said it was awesome. You're not going to get a setlist from me for 2 reasons:
a) I don't remember it.
b) I don't see the point.

My highlights were 46&2 and Lateralus. Maynard was having some levels issues early on, looked a bit frustrated but was otherwise in good spirits. He came out in jeans, a cowboy hat and a very bright orange sweater. Then took the hat off to reveal his mini-dreadlock taxi driver mohawk. Nice.
At least 5 tracks from the new album, 2 or 3 from Lateralus, 3 from Aenima, none from previous albums.

Funny moment before Aenima:
Random guy #1 (right of stage): YEAH!!
Random guy #2 (left of stage): SHUTUP!!
#1: Yeah fucken tool yeah!!
#2: Shut the fuck up!!
Maynard: Shhhhhhh
#1: FUCK YEAH MAYNARD YEAH!!
#2: Fuck you!!
Maynard: Shhhhhh....shhhhhh....shhhhhh...(whisper) I'm embarrassed.
Crowd: Hahaha
Maynard:hey hey hey hey....
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-08-2007, 04:15 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 07:47 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

me, yaz and angela started our journey by getting on the all night bus in tokyo.**we met at 10:30pm in front of tokyo station.**
this was a nice all night bus.**the seats went back 54 degrees in stead of only 45.**the bus wasn't full so i got 2 seats to myself.**yaz and angela sat next to each other.**
it was a tough ride but bearable; arrived an hour late which made me a bit late for an appointment i had.**we got off near nanba station and went to the starbucks and had some coffee and tried to recollect after that bus ride.**angela and yaz got a room to clean up and catch some sleep while i took care of some things.
we met up agian a few hours later to have some lunch and meet up with ben, who came from nagoya for the show.**
we had some okonomiyaki and then headed over to the kirin beer brewery and had a few pints.
still had some time to kill so we headed for american mura in shinsaibashi.**on the way there yaz found a really cool satanist shop.**so we stopped in for a bit and looked at all the crazy satanist stuff.**
headed out for the show round 5:00.**got to the venue round 5:45.**got in the venue round 6:10.**i was group 4 #52.
headed right for front stage right upon entering.**security was loose as usual and it wasn't hard to secure rail.**
show was great.**last time i saw them was in aug when they were in tokyo for summer sonic.**
high point of the show was wings 1 and 2.**cried my eyes out.**since this was the first show on the tour i just kind of let the music take me away.**really felt it.**very overwhelming.
crowd was small, bout 1000, but everyone was really into it...and most important- they were quite.**osaka crowds are usually really good.
show went 2 hours on the dot.**
left the venue and headed for the train station.**ben had to haul ass to osaka station to catch his train back to nagoya.
waited for yaz and angela at the train station while they bought shirts.**tool made up some shirts just for the japan tour.**very cool.**they didnt do that last time for the lateralus tour.**
got on the train and met up with some other foreigners.**they told us about how the creators of Aqua Teen Hunger Force caused some terror freak out in NY.**
got to osaka station round 10pm.**our bus back to tokyo didn't leave until 12:30am.**
went to eat some ramen and play video games in the arcade.**
got on the bus at 12:25am and got going round 12:35am.
this bus was the worst yet.**very small seats.**my knees were pressed up against the seat in front of me the whole time.**no ventilation.**driver was on crack.**fun ride.**but for ¥4,000 yen you cant complain.**
got back to tokyo round 8:30am.
story cont. next day....

ajen_trypt
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: