opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
What is the overall meaning of this album?

When you put them in the fibonacci sequence of not, what are some of the possible meanings to you?

Inb4 pretentoius @holes who say do you own work.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: What is the overall meaning of this album?

I see it as a sort of 'therapy' session, starting with the Grudge which challenges us to remove our negative feelings towards others. The Patient is like a reminder that the road to perfection is long and difficult, and that we have to keep on going.
Schism has a lot of meanings for me, it could mean that we have to realise that the gaps we create between each other are harmful; also in my own view it reminds me that all religions come from the same source.

Parabol/a is a meditation on the present, and how we need to be aware of it.
T&L is like a brief moment of relapse and anger (I think it really interrupts the flow of the album, considering it's a much older song) before...

Lateralus challenges us to think beyond any boundaries we think we have, to expand our soul towards the eternal quest for unity and perfection blah blah blah

The rest is a final meditation on how liberating it is when we let go of the ego, which links nicely back to the Grudge.

Yup :)
Old 05-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbean667 View Post
I see it as a sort of 'therapy' session, starting with the Grudge which challenges us to remove our negative feelings towards others. The Patient is like a reminder that the road to perfection is long and difficult, and that we have to keep on going.
Schism has a lot of meanings for me, it could mean that we have to realise that the gaps we create between each other are harmful; also in my own view it reminds me that all religions come from the same source.

Parabol/a is a meditation on the present, and how we need to be aware of it.
T&L is like a brief moment of relapse and anger (I think it really interrupts the flow of the album, considering it's a much older song) before...

Lateralus challenges us to think beyond any boundaries we think we have, to expand our soul towards the eternal quest for unity and perfection blah blah blah

The rest is a final meditation on how liberating it is when we let go of the ego, which links nicely back to the Grudge.

Yup :)
Well said
Old 05-21-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

For the first time ever I have a better sense of why Ticks (which I like) is on this album and why it is placed where it is. It has always, always seemed so out of place for me. I'd never previously considered the "relapse" theory. I dig it.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

To me that's the only way that it makes sense in the context of the album, so that I don't skip it every time.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

An obvious continuation of where Anemia was going. Aenima is the album where you must cleanse the soul and control your demons before the Third Eye is open and then you're ready to see the other side without your demons consuming you. La-te-ra-lus is like the Rainbow after a storm, the beauty and awe of the storm combined with the sun. You enter the temple on parabol, realize reincarnation with Parabola, feel the wrath of God with Ticks and Leeches, ride the spiral of divinity with Lateralus and hear God speak on Faaip de Oiad. Then lastly D/R/T feels like a journey straight through birth, death and the holy trinity.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenGhost View Post
An obvious continuation of where Anemia was going. Aenima is the album where you must cleanse the soul and control your demons before the Third Eye is open and then you're ready to see the other side without your demons consuming you. La-te-ra-lus is like the Rainbow after a storm, the beauty and awe of the storm combined with the sun. You enter the temple on parabol, realize reincarnation with Parabola, feel the wrath of God with Ticks and Leeches, ride the spiral of divinity with Lateralus and hear God speak on Faaip de Oiad. Then lastly D/R/T feels like a journey straight through birth, death and the holy trinity.
what does the 10,000 days tell to us,then?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
what does the 10,000 days tell to us,then?
10,000 Days feels like the album that continues where Triad left off. An album about duality combined. A walk with the Gods. But then again 10,000 days is hard to decipher at times. I truly don't know how to explain it. I believe that Lipan conjuring is the conjuring of All. Also think about the album artwork and how it combines many things to create one image. 10,000 days definitely tends to be about a reality where everything is one. But like at the end of Rosetta Stoned, Maynard says "Won't know, Never Know".
Old 05-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknfield View Post
When you put them in the fibonacci sequence of not, what are some of the possible meanings to you?

Inb4 pretentoius @holes who say do you own work.
Its an attempt to show you enlightenment, which is why maynard calls it the "Holy Gift".

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: