opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Forum Feedback » Feedback
User Name
Password
Old 04-06-2003, 06:37 PM   #1
X

Bincount™: 746
TDN Points and Rewards

Well, well, well. As many users have noticed, Dan has been rewarding users who contribute certain ideas TDN Points. He says that they are basically worth nothing. However, they might do this board some good. What if the moderators were to reward points that users could trade in for a reward? I was thinking that if someone were to get enough TDN Points, they could trade in for a post count or custom title, or signature, etc. If someone were to post something that answered a question, proved a point, made a mod laugh, or was just an intelligent post, the moderators could reward them with a certain amount of points. I think that this could work out pretty well. The only problem, as I see it, would be keeping track of each user's points. Im sure someone could think of a way to solve that problem. Also, users shouldnt get mad if they arent rewarded points, even though they think they deserve them. It should be up to the discretion of the moderators. If people started making more witty posts, the forum might become a better place. Anybody like this idea? Anybody even read the suggestions anymore?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 07:05 PM   #2
Lord Cronos of Vermiculum

Bincount™: 6507
The biggest problem I see is I'd get a helluva lotta points, and people would start hatin' on me again just like they did when I had a visible post count.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:14 PM   #3
X

I think that the moderators would do a good job giving out points for good reasons. If we were to start using this system, I think that each user should start off with 0 points.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:24 PM   #4

I guess, but I already mentioned this somewhere before, as a joke or whatever. The whole cashing in TDN points thing. I don't know if I want everyone trying their hardest to be something they aren't good at to get TDN points. If people knew TDN points were something to be valued they would go out of their way to impress, and sometimes that gets annoying. But, when I do it, it's cool though.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:29 PM   #5
X

Sure.

I hope that if we were to start doing this, there wouldnt be people sucking up for points. Lets just see what Dan thinks of the idea.

I have a dream!
Old 04-07-2003, 04:57 PM   #6
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
all this would do is create an influx of shitty ideas that are trying desperately for points.

worst idea ever.

ever.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:26 PM   #7
X

Quote:
Originally posted by dan

ever.
You suck.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:19 PM   #8
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
that's your punishment for making a sausage party out of my forums.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:05 PM   #9

So basically exactly what I was saying...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: