Re: 02.04.2012 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangles Chicken

That would be the wooden barrier. ; )
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
allisoncarey's Avatar allisoncarey
02-07-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehound View Post
Damn... I was afraid you were going to say that... It didn't look like it was wooden at all to me. I was standing right in front of the fan at first, but moved between a few people further down a few songs in because it was distracting me.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #42
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehound View Post
Damn... I was afraid you were going to say that... It didn't look like it was wooden at all to me. I was standing right in front of the fan at first, but moved between a few people further down a few songs in because it was distracting me.
reachinupandreachinout's Avatar reachinupandreachinout
02-07-2012, 10:11 AM

Sorry for such a late review but man, still trying to recover from the whole thing...

What a phenom that show was....Tenth show and man no dissapointments at all! The band was absolutely on point, no fuck ups that I could hear. Maynard was spot on and seemed to be into the show...Danny, Justin, and Adam were the usual greatness. Seats were in gold circle, 119 row J, very back of the bottom section on Justin's side, the view was astounding...close enough to see the guys AND far enough to miss no visuals. Crowd was pretty awesome except for one drunk fucker who sat in front of us...started to try to talk shit to a little teenager and ended up getting sat down by police over the whole thing. Otherwise, thank you Charlotte for a great show from the crowd.

Highlights were Hooker w A Penis, Pushit, and Intension. Sick sick sick!!! And the new stage set up with another level of the screen grids on top of the original ones is absolutely attention grabbing (even better than NIN Lights in the Sky), and the new imagery on the screens was bad ass...the spinning sound grids that form the human body instead of the crazy spinning flower from three years ago had me losing it!!!!
And I can't believe nobody touched on this on these forums yet.....FUCKING ASTEROIDS!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Thank you TOOL for everything you are to me, thank you for the performances you've given me over the years, thank you for the inspiration....see you whenever you come back!

CL
Old 02-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #43
Level 3 - Talker

Sorry for such a late review but man, still trying to recover from the whole thing...

What a phenom that show was....Tenth show and man no dissapointments at all! The band was absolutely on point, no fuck ups that I could hear. Maynard was spot on and seemed to be into the show...Danny, Justin, and Adam were the usual greatness. Seats were in gold circle, 119 row J, very back of the bottom section on Justin's side, the view was astounding...close enough to see the guys AND far enough to miss no visuals. Crowd was pretty awesome except for one drunk fucker who sat in front of us...started to try to talk shit to a little teenager and ended up getting sat down by police over the whole thing. Otherwise, thank you Charlotte for a great show from the crowd.

Highlights were Hooker w A Penis, Pushit, and Intension. Sick sick sick!!! And the new stage set up with another level of the screen grids on top of the original ones is absolutely attention grabbing (even better than NIN Lights in the Sky), and the new imagery on the screens was bad ass...the spinning sound grids that form the human body instead of the crazy spinning flower from three years ago had me losing it!!!!
And I can't believe nobody touched on this on these forums yet.....FUCKING ASTEROIDS!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Thank you TOOL for everything you are to me, thank you for the performances you've given me over the years, thank you for the inspiration....see you whenever you come back!

CL
Angel on the Sideline
02-07-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisoncarey View Post
They were soooo amazing! Ænema is the exact mindset that I have right now, so it was so awesome for me to hear it. Of course, the entire show was just out of this world, as I expected. I was on the floor left in the front row, just in front of Adam. This was only my second show and I had pretty much the same spot when I saw them in Milan, Italy in June of 2006. I may be crazy, but I was kinda hoping it would have been louder in the front row. I had a hard time breathing when I saw them in Milan because it was so loud, but I could feel the music and it was mind-blowing. I can't wait for the new album and to see these guys again! I just can't get enough...
Hey, Alli! I met you and Dave hours before the show. My buddy and I were walking up the street; you were walking back to Dave's house. My buddy (Brian) and Dave live next door to each other. We chatted a bit about our love of Tool and you showed off your new tattoo on the inside of your wrist.

I told you how stoked I was about the setlist. You asked if they were playing Pushit, and you were pretty happy when I said, "Yes."

Anyway, I was wrong about one thing: they swapped Sober out for Ticks & Leeches. I was actually one of the few people who were happy about that. Sober is the song that got me into Tool way back when I was a sophomore in high school, and I had never seen it live before this show.

Sooo ... we came by to pick you up to give you a ride to the gig, but Dave said you freaked out and thought we weren't coming and bolted before we got there. Sorry about that. We got into the venue right as YOB was finishing up.

Hope you enjoyed the show, and maybe I'll see ya the next time I visit Brian in Charlotte.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #44
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisoncarey View Post
They were soooo amazing! Ænema is the exact mindset that I have right now, so it was so awesome for me to hear it. Of course, the entire show was just out of this world, as I expected. I was on the floor left in the front row, just in front of Adam. This was only my second show and I had pretty much the same spot when I saw them in Milan, Italy in June of 2006. I may be crazy, but I was kinda hoping it would have been louder in the front row. I had a hard time breathing when I saw them in Milan because it was so loud, but I could feel the music and it was mind-blowing. I can't wait for the new album and to see these guys again! I just can't get enough...
Hey, Alli! I met you and Dave hours before the show. My buddy and I were walking up the street; you were walking back to Dave's house. My buddy (Brian) and Dave live next door to each other. We chatted a bit about our love of Tool and you showed off your new tattoo on the inside of your wrist.

I told you how stoked I was about the setlist. You asked if they were playing Pushit, and you were pretty happy when I said, "Yes."

Anyway, I was wrong about one thing: they swapped Sober out for Ticks & Leeches. I was actually one of the few people who were happy about that. Sober is the song that got me into Tool way back when I was a sophomore in high school, and I had never seen it live before this show.

Sooo ... we came by to pick you up to give you a ride to the gig, but Dave said you freaked out and thought we weren't coming and bolted before we got there. Sorry about that. We got into the venue right as YOB was finishing up.

Hope you enjoyed the show, and maybe I'll see ya the next time I visit Brian in Charlotte.
Angel on the Sideline
02-07-2012, 11:49 AM

Just now getting a chance to post about the show. Drove 8 hours from the Louisville area to see it and hang with my college roomie, and it was definitely worth it. The venue sucked, but this proved to be the best Tool show I have ever seen.

There's not much I can say that everyone else hasn't already covered. So I'll keep it short. The highlights, for me, were Pushit and 46&2. But, really, the entire show rocked start to finish. I wish, however, that some people didn't think Intension isn't a real song. Too many assholes talking around me during that time, apparently thinking it was just a quiet interlude or something. Whatever.

To me, the biggest key of the night was the fact that Maynard's voice wasn't buried in the mix. You could actually hear every single note/word he sang clearly. It was by far the best vocal mix I've been able to enjoy at a Tool show. And, for all those haters out there who relish on picking on Maynard and his voice these days ... the Charlotte show proved you dead wrong. He sounded fantastic!

Anyway, like I said, everyone else has already covered it. So now it's time to wait for May and hope:

A) the album drops then, and;
B) they tour this summer and fall.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #45
Level 7 - Loquacious

Just now getting a chance to post about the show. Drove 8 hours from the Louisville area to see it and hang with my college roomie, and it was definitely worth it. The venue sucked, but this proved to be the best Tool show I have ever seen.

There's not much I can say that everyone else hasn't already covered. So I'll keep it short. The highlights, for me, were Pushit and 46&2. But, really, the entire show rocked start to finish. I wish, however, that some people didn't think Intension isn't a real song. Too many assholes talking around me during that time, apparently thinking it was just a quiet interlude or something. Whatever.

To me, the biggest key of the night was the fact that Maynard's voice wasn't buried in the mix. You could actually hear every single note/word he sang clearly. It was by far the best vocal mix I've been able to enjoy at a Tool show. And, for all those haters out there who relish on picking on Maynard and his voice these days ... the Charlotte show proved you dead wrong. He sounded fantastic!

Anyway, like I said, everyone else has already covered it. So now it's time to wait for May and hope:

M3T4L.wILL
02-07-2012, 12:01 PM

This was my second Tool show and visually they blew my first time seeing them out of the water. I will say the 1st show I saw them on was the 10,000 Days tour in winston Salem, maynard was more vocal. even sang happy birthday to a girl I believe was related somehow to Adam. Song selection wise this tour was better because I got to hear alot of the older songs I really wanted to hear. Though I loved Sober live I really wish we would have gotten ticks & leeches instead but it doesn't take anything away from the experience. Hooker With A Penis was an amazing opener (the 2nd song I was most pumped to hear). The new intro to schism was incredible and I really think we're gonna hear that again on the "new album". Pushit was the highlight for me hands down. When he hit that note in "I must persuade you another waaaaaaaaay!" I literally felt like my heart was going to explode. And to close with Aenima put the icing on the cake for me and I really shed a tear during the "some say a comet will fall from the sky.." my favorite tool lyrics of all time. I had decent seats but sadly had drunk assholes next to me so I ended up in the nosebleed section with my other friends up top where it turned out better!! The sound was superb heard maynard fine the whole time and had a giant lazerbeam hitting me in the face during lateralus. I give this show a 10/10 even though I wished for ticks and leeches. Hope they come back around again this year for a summer tour and play some eulogy and third eye on the east coast. :D

Last edited by M3T4L.wILL; 02-07-2012 at 12:03 PM..
Old 02-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second Tool show and visually they blew my first time seeing them out of the water. I will say the 1st show I saw them on was the 10,000 Days tour in winston Salem, maynard was more vocal. even sang happy birthday to a girl I believe was related somehow to Adam. Song selection wise this tour was better because I got to hear alot of the older songs I really wanted to hear. Though I loved Sober live I really wish we would have gotten ticks & leeches instead but it doesn't take anything away from the experience. Hooker With A Penis was an amazing opener (the 2nd song I was most pumped to hear). The new intro to schism was incredible and I really think we're gonna hear that again on the "new album". Pushit was the highlight for me hands down. When he hit that note in "I must persuade you another waaaaaaaaay!" I literally felt like my heart was going to explode. And to close with Aenima put the icing on the cake for me and I really shed a tear during the "some say a comet will fall from the sky.." my favorite tool lyrics of all time. I had decent seats but sadly had drunk assholes next to me so I ended up in the nosebleed section with my other friends up top where it turned out better!! The sound was superb heard maynard fine the whole time and had a giant lazerbeam hitting me in the face during lateralus. I give this show a 10/10 even though I wished for ticks and leeches. Hope they come back around again this year for a summer tour and play some eulogy and third eye on the east coast. :D

Last edited by M3T4L.wILL; 02-07-2012 at 12:03 PM..
CeePoa's Avatar CeePoa
02-07-2012, 12:02 PM

"The crowd was great (at least in my section). Nobody screaming the lyrics too loud, nobody dancing too crazy, nobody talking over the music. Most people were quiet, just taking it all in and maybe headbanging. The only thing that bothered me was the girl sitting next to me. She was not interested in the show, and clearly there because her boyfriend drug her there. In my opinion, if you don't like a band, don't see their show just because you want to make someone else happy. Let the ticket go to someone who will watch the show, instead of playing on their cellphone. Regardless, she wasn't loud or obnoxious, so no big deal.

The mix was great. I was in the nosebleeds (although still close to the band, as the venue is rather small), section 124, and each instrument was crisp and clear. None were too loud or overpowering. Even when Maynard used vocal effects, he was still audible."

Were you sitting behind me? I was in 124 (DD) and one of the ladies behind me had a sour look on her face the entire time. She clearly was not into it.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #47
Level 1 - Lurker

"The crowd was great (at least in my section). Nobody screaming the lyrics too loud, nobody dancing too crazy, nobody talking over the music. Most people were quiet, just taking it all in and maybe headbanging. The only thing that bothered me was the girl sitting next to me. She was not interested in the show, and clearly there because her boyfriend drug her there. In my opinion, if you don't like a band, don't see their show just because you want to make someone else happy. Let the ticket go to someone who will watch the show, instead of playing on their cellphone. Regardless, she wasn't loud or obnoxious, so no big deal.

The mix was great. I was in the nosebleeds (although still close to the band, as the venue is rather small), section 124, and each instrument was crisp and clear. None were too loud or overpowering. Even when Maynard used vocal effects, he was still audible."

Were you sitting behind me? I was in 124 (DD) and one of the ladies behind me had a sour look on her face the entire time. She clearly was not into it.
02-07-2012, 07:47 PM

This was my 2nd show. 1st one was in Virginia Beach back in '04 or so. Long time Tool fan since '93. My fiance likes Tool, just not as much as I do, and her daughter, who is 15, has only heard what I play in my car. With this in mind I was way more excited for my 2 girls to see the production that Tool displays with the always awesome songs. They were diggin the show and the music. But something bothered me. We sat in row 5 section 114 which faces straight toward the stage, which means that there's no real need to stand to see the show. So before the aisle break there is only one row of seats in front of us. I looked around once in a while never did I see anyone in our section standing. BUT WAIT, there's a douchebag in the seat in front of my 15 year old girl who feels the need to constantly stand without regard to anyone behind him the-whole-damn-show! My fiance and I offered for her to switch seats with us but she didn't want to. I felt compelled plenty of times to ask the guy to please sit. But, I know he paid to see the show too, and there's nothing wrong with feelin the music and having the urge to stand and move with the music. I've always considered myself considerate and rational, but this one time I really just wanted to push the guy over the railing. My apologies for my venting here.
Tool rules

Last edited by NOYB; 02-07-2012 at 07:48 PM..
Old 02-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 2nd show. 1st one was in Virginia Beach back in '04 or so. Long time Tool fan since '93. My fiance likes Tool, just not as much as I do, and her daughter, who is 15, has only heard what I play in my car. With this in mind I was way more excited for my 2 girls to see the production that Tool displays with the always awesome songs. They were diggin the show and the music. But something bothered me. We sat in row 5 section 114 which faces straight toward the stage, which means that there's no real need to stand to see the show. So before the aisle break there is only one row of seats in front of us. I looked around once in a while never did I see anyone in our section standing. BUT WAIT, there's a douchebag in the seat in front of my 15 year old girl who feels the need to constantly stand without regard to anyone behind him the-whole-damn-show! My fiance and I offered for her to switch seats with us but she didn't want to. I felt compelled plenty of times to ask the guy to please sit. But, I know he paid to see the show too, and there's nothing wrong with feelin the music and having the urge to stand and move with the music. I've always considered myself considerate and rational, but this one time I really just wanted to push the guy over the railing. My apologies for my venting here.
Tool rules

Last edited by NOYB; 02-07-2012 at 07:48 PM..
Johnima
02-07-2012, 08:59 PM

"Were you sitting behind me? I was in 124 (DD) and one of the ladies behind me had a sour look on her face the entire time. She clearly was not into it."

Yeah I was definitely sitting behind you! I was in 124 EE. That very well may have been her. She definitely didn't ruin the show or anything... I was just super stoked about seeing them, and it threw me off when I saw someone so... bored. I just couldn't see how she could be so uninterested, given what was going on in front of her! Everyone in front of me seemed to be having a great time! I just might have a shot of the back of your head now :)
Old 02-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

"Were you sitting behind me? I was in 124 (DD) and one of the ladies behind me had a sour look on her face the entire time. She clearly was not into it."

Yeah I was definitely sitting behind you! I was in 124 EE. That very well may have been her. She definitely didn't ruin the show or anything... I was just super stoked about seeing them, and it threw me off when I saw someone so... bored. I just couldn't see how she could be so uninterested, given what was going on in front of her! Everyone in front of me seemed to be having a great time! I just might have a shot of the back of your head now :)
organicdestroyer's Avatar organicdestroyer
02-08-2012, 07:45 AM

As soon as I heard Tool was touring and what a short tour and where the dates were I knew that they were going to do something special. When I read the first set list I knew I was right. I never would have guessed they would have brought some of the songs back that they did and hearing them live was great.
We got to the venue about seven and went to a short line got right in. Security was no problem just looking for weapons. Walked around for a while and yob took the stage. We watched the first song from the concourse then went outside for a smoke. People were really cool. My buddy had a WV pullover on and a lot of people from WV came over and talked with us. Got our pregame on and headed for our seats.
We were in 108 row J pretty close and just a bit higher than the stage. Sound was great really loud but you could hear everybody. Maynard was really clear. They all were into it I could see that for sure. I did hear a few mess-ups. Maynard either didn't sing or missed a line at the end of Pushit and Justin kind of screwed up the wah pedal part in Schism. No big deal though. The guest drummer wasn't doing very well after the jam was over in Lateralus. I had a great view and he was trying to find the beat most the time. HWAP and Pushit were the highlights for me. Seeing those songs live was indescribable. I looked for a poster when I went in and was pissed because they were none. During the show I saw people coming back with rolled up posters and knew something was up. As soon as they left the stage I pushed through and got to the merch counter scoring #85.
I must say this was a great show. The feeling in the building and the band being pumped up made for a great night. I can't wait to see whats coming up from these guys.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #50
Level 3 - Talker

As soon as I heard Tool was touring and what a short tour and where the dates were I knew that they were going to do something special. When I read the first set list I knew I was right. I never would have guessed they would have brought some of the songs back that they did and hearing them live was great.
We got to the venue about seven and went to a short line got right in. Security was no problem just looking for weapons. Walked around for a while and yob took the stage. We watched the first song from the concourse then went outside for a smoke. People were really cool. My buddy had a WV pullover on and a lot of people from WV came over and talked with us. Got our pregame on and headed for our seats.
We were in 108 row J pretty close and just a bit higher than the stage. Sound was great really loud but you could hear everybody. Maynard was really clear. They all were into it I could see that for sure. I did hear a few mess-ups. Maynard either didn't sing or missed a line at the end of Pushit and Justin kind of screwed up the wah pedal part in Schism. No big deal though. The guest drummer wasn't doing very well after the jam was over in Lateralus. I had a great view and he was trying to find the beat most the time. HWAP and Pushit were the highlights for me. Seeing those songs live was indescribable. I looked for a poster when I went in and was pissed because they were none. During the show I saw people coming back with rolled up posters and knew something was up. As soon as they left the stage I pushed through and got to the merch counter scoring #85.
I must say this was a great show. The feeling in the building and the band being pumped up made for a great night. I can't wait to see whats coming up from these guys.
Heroin's Avatar Heroin
02-08-2012, 09:55 AM

im not one to bitch or complain much but ive been paying good money to see these guys every year since 96 and sometimes two or three times on the same leg of the tour in ga, sc, nc and va once and this is the first time i was disapointed with them. not so much with the prefomance but with the setlist and the waste of time like the drum off with the drumer who couldnt keep up, where we could have got another song or two. ok ill admit that hooker and pushit was a nice treat but i was looking foward to seeing ticks but we got sober. a song hes been singing since the 80's with cad. the past two shows i kind of felt let down even though we got flood last two times, he does not sing on some parts of the song like the end of vicarious and all the song that were played saturday have been played over and over for the past 10 years. and the played intension with no right in two. itl like playing parabol and not parabola. i just wanted something different.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 81

im not one to bitch or complain much but ive been paying good money to see these guys every year since 96 and sometimes two or three times on the same leg of the tour in ga, sc, nc and va once and this is the first time i was disapointed with them. not so much with the prefomance but with the setlist and the waste of time like the drum off with the drumer who couldnt keep up, where we could have got another song or two. ok ill admit that hooker and pushit was a nice treat but i was looking foward to seeing ticks but we got sober. a song hes been singing since the 80's with cad. the past two shows i kind of felt let down even though we got flood last two times, he does not sing on some parts of the song like the end of vicarious and all the song that were played saturday have been played over and over for the past 10 years. and the played intension with no right in two. itl like playing parabol and not parabola. i just wanted something different.
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOYB View Post
Tool rules
I'm sorry, but WHAT??? You are mad because someone wouldn't sit down at a Tool show? C'mon man, I mean really? If you didn't want anybody in front of you you should have shelled out for front row seats like I did. It's an effing Tool concert and you expect people to stay seated? Ugh...
Old 02-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #52
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Tool rules
I'm sorry, but WHAT??? You are mad because someone wouldn't sit down at a Tool show? C'mon man, I mean really? If you didn't want anybody in front of you you should have shelled out for front row seats like I did. It's an effing Tool concert and you expect people to stay seated? Ugh...
SpiralOut67's Avatar SpiralOut67
02-08-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline View Post

I Think you are right about Maynard's vocals. He was on top of his game and sounded great. I am a bit confused by the Charlotte concert really though. I mean, the last time they were here in 2009 his vocals were really low and muffled and sounded awful. I remember talking to my wife after the show about it. It made me question whether Maynard was really still into the whole "Tool thing" or not. Then I saw him with APC last summer and his voice was incredible. It made me go "hmmmm". Then when I heard how fantastic he sounded at the Charlotte show this time it blew me away. His vocals were crisp and powerful and he seemed full of himself like old times. His Toolishness was on full display and it made the whole vibe of the show incredible. It gives me great hope that the new album will be better than ever and that theywill tour again soon. It's just kind of confusing as to why the vocals seemed to be so lacking the last few times they have hit the road. I dunno, but I am elated that the old Maynard seems to be back and his voice is amazing. Can't wait to see them again...
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #53
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

I Think you are right about Maynard's vocals. He was on top of his game and sounded great. I am a bit confused by the Charlotte concert really though. I mean, the last time they were here in 2009 his vocals were really low and muffled and sounded awful. I remember talking to my wife after the show about it. It made me question whether Maynard was really still into the whole "Tool thing" or not. Then I saw him with APC last summer and his voice was incredible. It made me go "hmmmm". Then when I heard how fantastic he sounded at the Charlotte show this time it blew me away. His vocals were crisp and powerful and he seemed full of himself like old times. His Toolishness was on full display and it made the whole vibe of the show incredible. It gives me great hope that the new album will be better than ever and that theywill tour again soon. It's just kind of confusing as to why the vocals seemed to be so lacking the last few times they have hit the road. I dunno, but I am elated that the old Maynard seems to be back and his voice is amazing. Can't wait to see them again...
thrdeye
02-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Tool is Tool and they are always great. I've seen them 8 times now.

I do have to say that this wasn't the best I've seen, though. Just my opinion of course. I guess the best way to say it is that unlike many of the other shows that I have seen, nothing made me go "wow".

Don't get me wrong, they played and sounded great, but I still have a gut feeling that Maynard isn't really into it anymore.

Pushit was the high point.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool is Tool and they are always great. I've seen them 8 times now.

I do have to say that this wasn't the best I've seen, though. Just my opinion of course. I guess the best way to say it is that unlike many of the other shows that I have seen, nothing made me go "wow".

Don't get me wrong, they played and sounded great, but I still have a gut feeling that Maynard isn't really into it anymore.

Pushit was the high point.
NOYB
02-08-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut67 View Post
I don't think you understood what I said. My little girl could not see even if she stood, and I shelled out a shit ton of money for the whole Tool lovin trip. I love Tool's art, music, and fan base, most of which are considerate. For the record I do not expect people to sit at a Tool concert, I had a hard time staying seated to not block people behind me cause I felt the urge to jump up and groove, but I was being considerate. We were in the back facing the stage, understand?...no need to stand to see over someone.
Tool Rules and I'm deleting account. I thought the Tool fan base here would understand the consideration for other people's highs and lows in life.
Spiraling Out
Old 02-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I don't think you understood what I said. My little girl could not see even if she stood, and I shelled out a shit ton of money for the whole Tool lovin trip. I love Tool's art, music, and fan base, most of which are considerate. For the record I do not expect people to sit at a Tool concert, I had a hard time staying seated to not block people behind me cause I felt the urge to jump up and groove, but I was being considerate. We were in the back facing the stage, understand?...no need to stand to see over someone.
Tool Rules and I'm deleting account. I thought the Tool fan base here would understand the consideration for other people's highs and lows in life.
Spiraling Out
SpiralOut67's Avatar SpiralOut67
02-08-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Spiraling Out
Dude, I totally sympathize with your daughter's view being blocked, but all I am saying is that you were going to a Tool concert. Did you really expect everyone to stay seated? I don't care what direction I am viewing the show from I have no choice but to stand and groove, pump my fist and let it all out. Can you really stay seated when Jambi cranks up? Stinkfist? I know I'm not alone in saying that I cannot. That is why I always shell out a few extra bucks for front row seats so I don't have to worry about it. Us Toolies are mostly cool enough. it's just that when you say something about "douchebags at a Tool concert not staying seated" some of us might get a little annoyed. Peace.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #56
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Spiraling Out
Dude, I totally sympathize with your daughter's view being blocked, but all I am saying is that you were going to a Tool concert. Did you really expect everyone to stay seated? I don't care what direction I am viewing the show from I have no choice but to stand and groove, pump my fist and let it all out. Can you really stay seated when Jambi cranks up? Stinkfist? I know I'm not alone in saying that I cannot. That is why I always shell out a few extra bucks for front row seats so I don't have to worry about it. Us Toolies are mostly cool enough. it's just that when you say something about "douchebags at a Tool concert not staying seated" some of us might get a little annoyed. Peace.
shiloh
02-08-2012, 06:08 PM

great show...8th show since 1997. Me and wife had a great time, sat in section 125 right on justins side. band sounded tight as ever...3rd time seen pushit.. loved it ..i wish they would play jimmy one time when i see them, then i would have seen them perform all songs from Æ i got a charlotte show poster, and got one of the richmond VA ones that was sigend.

peace

~S~
Old 02-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #57
Level 1 - Lurker

great show...8th show since 1997. Me and wife had a great time, sat in section 125 right on justins side. band sounded tight as ever...3rd time seen pushit.. loved it ..i wish they would play jimmy one time when i see them, then i would have seen them perform all songs from Æ i got a charlotte show poster, and got one of the richmond VA ones that was sigend.

peace

~S~
trve/kvlt
02-09-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackanus View Post
Did anyone recognize any of the bands/songs that were playing over the PA after Yob but before Tool went on? I thought one sounded like Rammstein, but I can't seem to find the song. Another sounded like Dream Theater, but no such luck finding that one either.

Any help is appreciated!!!

In other news, my seats sucked ass for this show, but the highlight for me was when the Bojangles guy (old man, >60) saw Danny play his solo in 46&2 and said 'I can see why y'all like this. These guys are good!' Fuck yes. It's impossible for anyone to deny liking Tool once they give them a chance!!!
I'm pretty sure the "rammstein" song you speak of is 'colurblind' from the new skinny puppy album. it was definitely played. i'm not sure what the 'dream theater'-ish song was, but quite possible something robert fripp related.

hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:07 AM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackanus View Post
Did anyone recognize any of the bands/songs that were playing over the PA after Yob but before Tool went on? I thought one sounded like Rammstein, but I can't seem to find the song. Another sounded like Dream Theater, but no such luck finding that one either.

Any help is appreciated!!!

In other news, my seats sucked ass for this show, but the highlight for me was when the Bojangles guy (old man, >60) saw Danny play his solo in 46&2 and said 'I can see why y'all like this. These guys are good!' Fuck yes. It's impossible for anyone to deny liking Tool once they give them a chance!!!
I'm pretty sure the "rammstein" song you speak of is 'colurblind' from the new skinny puppy album. it was definitely played. i'm not sure what the 'dream theater'-ish song was, but quite possible something robert fripp related.

hope this helps.
trve/kvlt
02-09-2012, 06:10 AM

great show. hadn't seen Tool since 2003(?) so my wife and I were stoked.

I have to say, the band was finding their groove for the first 2-3 songs. I don't see any mention of that here. I honestly felt for a few minutes that tool was quite possibly losing their edge and just plain being lazy/lack of rehearsal.

those concerns subsided, as by the 3rd or 4th song they were firing on all cylinders.

by the end, i was blown away which means something to me these days.

thanks TOOL. hope to see you again soon.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #59
Level 1 - Lurker

great show. hadn't seen Tool since 2003(?) so my wife and I were stoked.

I have to say, the band was finding their groove for the first 2-3 songs. I don't see any mention of that here. I honestly felt for a few minutes that tool was quite possibly losing their edge and just plain being lazy/lack of rehearsal.

those concerns subsided, as by the 3rd or 4th song they were firing on all cylinders.

by the end, i was blown away which means something to me these days.

thanks TOOL. hope to see you again soon.
frankiemcd1
02-10-2012, 09:40 AM

The only problem I saw was with the video boards. Did anyone else notice they weren't quite lined up right, so it looked a little off? And during Aenima, what was MJK saying fret for? It sounded like "schlager", but I haven't heard anyone mention it. It was my 6th show, and probably 2nd best to the fall 2002 tour.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #60
Level 1 - Lurker

The only problem I saw was with the video boards. Did anyone else notice they weren't quite lined up right, so it looked a little off? And during Aenima, what was MJK saying fret for? It sounded like "schlager", but I haven't heard anyone mention it. It was my 6th show, and probably 2nd best to the fall 2002 tour.
allisoncarey's Avatar allisoncarey
02-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiemcd1 View Post
Yeah, I noticed that about Aenema too, but I couldn't understand him. One other person on here mentioned it, but also couldn't tell what it was he was saying.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #61
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that about Aenema too, but I couldn't understand him. One other person on here mentioned it, but also couldn't tell what it was he was saying.
Angel on the Sideline
02-14-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Agree 100%. I really think it has everything to do with the sound board mix.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Agree 100%. I really think it has everything to do with the sound board mix.
Angel on the Sideline
02-14-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Yep, I'm going to stand the entire time and rock my ass off. I'm going to headbang at times, sway at others, pump my fist at others. But I am going to stand, I am going to move and I am going to take part in a very cathartic experience. All the while attempting to be considerate of others. If there's a child behind me who cannot see ... I would probably offer to trade seats with her so that she could be in front of me. But I'm going to rock out nonetheless.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #63
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Yep, I'm going to stand the entire time and rock my ass off. I'm going to headbang at times, sway at others, pump my fist at others. But I am going to stand, I am going to move and I am going to take part in a very cathartic experience. All the while attempting to be considerate of others. If there's a child behind me who cannot see ... I would probably offer to trade seats with her so that she could be in front of me. But I'm going to rock out nonetheless.
Angel on the Sideline
02-14-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
That caught my attention, too, but I couldn't make it out. I really thought that by now some caring soul would have cleared this matter up for us.

The things that amuse us ...

Anyone?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #64
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
That caught my attention, too, but I couldn't make it out. I really thought that by now some caring soul would have cleared this matter up for us.

Anyone?
Mohandas_Rand's Avatar Mohandas_Rand
02-14-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:

Anyone?
Schleyer. Justin's bass tech. Maynard has some weird infatuation where he randomly replaces words with 'Schleyer'.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #65
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Anyone?
Schleyer. Justin's bass tech. Maynard has some weird infatuation where he randomly replaces words with 'Schleyer'.
02-15-2012, 04:57 PM

well, its taken awhile but i am finally getting around to posting. I wont comment on specific songs but i must say i was expecting way less than what i got. I had heard how they were phoning it in and maynard sounded like shit and blah blah blah, but they sounded soooo good. It was the best they have sounded since my first show in 2001 in raleigh. Maynard sounded great, very clear and very powerful. Visually stunning, of course. Funny/awesome side note. When i went on ticketmaster, i threw away the first ticket that i pulled, and then it gave me 12th row dead center. I had the best visuals and sound in the house!! i am soo thankful i got to go to that show. It was my 4th, and then Duluth was my 5th show. I will keep going as long as they keep playing. I think the near future for Tool is looking very very bright

also the visuals matched up perfectly but only from a straight on view. had a kinda side view at duluth and noticed the visuals didnt line up. not a big deal though

Last edited by toolphishdhs; 02-15-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #66
Level 1 - Lurker

well, its taken awhile but i am finally getting around to posting. I wont comment on specific songs but i must say i was expecting way less than what i got. I had heard how they were phoning it in and maynard sounded like shit and blah blah blah, but they sounded soooo good. It was the best they have sounded since my first show in 2001 in raleigh. Maynard sounded great, very clear and very powerful. Visually stunning, of course. Funny/awesome side note. When i went on ticketmaster, i threw away the first ticket that i pulled, and then it gave me 12th row dead center. I had the best visuals and sound in the house!! i am soo thankful i got to go to that show. It was my 4th, and then Duluth was my 5th show. I will keep going as long as they keep playing. I think the near future for Tool is looking very very bright

also the visuals matched up perfectly but only from a straight on view. had a kinda side view at duluth and noticed the visuals didnt line up. not a big deal though

Last edited by toolphishdhs; 02-15-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Keithio46and2
02-25-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHE View Post
By the way, did anyone else notice Space Invaders playing on the backdrop during the synthesized intermission?
I think it was Asteroids :)
Old 02-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #67
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHE View Post
By the way, did anyone else notice Space Invaders playing on the backdrop during the synthesized intermission?
I think it was Asteroids :)
Keithio46and2
02-25-2012, 08:47 AM

Just Joined the Forum So Hey Tooliens...this was the 5th show that my brother and I have gone to and we took a couple of fans who had never seen a Show... Man did they get a Treat for their De-virginizing...This was by far my Favorite time seeing them...our seats weren't as good as I would have liked (section 124 row OO, The Very Top and left side of Stage) but in my Tool experiences it never mattered where I sat it always sounds Great!!! I Loved the set list and thought 46 and 2 was spot on being my favorite Tool Song... Great Crowd, Really got into it with cheering and Singing when Maynard let Us, seemed everyone was in time with the music and that much devotion from fans gives me Chills :) My Only Peeve was after the show when some dude, who was obviously drunk and looked like he may have been tripping as well, bullied his way in line at the Merchandise Table trying to cut everyone, but that was halted quickly by a fellow who straight told him to F**k Off...lol...Our First timers really had an awesome time seeing Danny Jammin away!! The Visuals by far have improved with the addition of more screens and the movement and placing of them and with the lasers and timely spotlight flashes just phenomenal...I think I'm gonna start a savings account for the next time they come just to get a more frontal seating arrangement...It'll be worth it :) Let's Hope there is plenty left in the Tank from Tool cause believe it or not there are still fans that haven't truly gotten the Tool Experience...besides this is 2012 and Mom's Coming back to Flush it All Away...Til Then, Pushit!!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #68
Level 1 - Lurker

Just Joined the Forum So Hey Tooliens...this was the 5th show that my brother and I have gone to and we took a couple of fans who had never seen a Show... Man did they get a Treat for their De-virginizing...This was by far my Favorite time seeing them...our seats weren't as good as I would have liked (section 124 row OO, The Very Top and left side of Stage) but in my Tool experiences it never mattered where I sat it always sounds Great!!! I Loved the set list and thought 46 and 2 was spot on being my favorite Tool Song... Great Crowd, Really got into it with cheering and Singing when Maynard let Us, seemed everyone was in time with the music and that much devotion from fans gives me Chills :) My Only Peeve was after the show when some dude, who was obviously drunk and looked like he may have been tripping as well, bullied his way in line at the Merchandise Table trying to cut everyone, but that was halted quickly by a fellow who straight told him to F**k Off...lol...Our First timers really had an awesome time seeing Danny Jammin away!! The Visuals by far have improved with the addition of more screens and the movement and placing of them and with the lasers and timely spotlight flashes just phenomenal...I think I'm gonna start a savings account for the next time they come just to get a more frontal seating arrangement...It'll be worth it :) Let's Hope there is plenty left in the Tank from Tool cause believe it or not there are still fans that haven't truly gotten the Tool Experience...besides this is 2012 and Mom's Coming back to Flush it All Away...Til Then, Pushit!!
Aezarien's Avatar Aezarien
06-21-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Right. It's a concert not tea with grandma. We were on the floor and had people singing loudly to the music, people taller than us standing in front of us, and the people next to us were dry humping half the time and the dude was yelling, "Fuck you Maynard" the other half. Let's not forget the amazing contact buzz I got from whoever fired up near us. Fuck it. They were having fun, I was having fun, and It was fun and I was into it. As long as people aren't standing on chairs, don't try to start fights, and don't spill their beer on me, I consider it a success. And for me, this was the best of three.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #69
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Right. It's a concert not tea with grandma. We were on the floor and had people singing loudly to the music, people taller than us standing in front of us, and the people next to us were dry humping half the time and the dude was yelling, "Fuck you Maynard" the other half. Let's not forget the amazing contact buzz I got from whoever fired up near us. Fuck it. They were having fun, I was having fun, and It was fun and I was into it. As long as people aren't standing on chairs, don't try to start fights, and don't spill their beer on me, I consider it a success. And for me, this was the best of three.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply