opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Prison Sex
User Name
Password
Old 06-08-2003, 12:27 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
It's so obvious what this video's about.

I mean do I really even need to say it? It's about feelings of alienation and perversion, probably through the traumatic experience of being molested and traumatized by a parent/adult as a child.

It's more than likely based off of Maynard's personal thoughts/experiences.

It's obvious to me because, well, I know exactly where Maynard's coming from on this. The whole metaphor of the paintbrush onto the disturbed, fucked-up little doll. It perfect represents how one feels in a self-hating, twisted, fucked-up situation such as this.

This video blows me away just about every time I watch it... And I have the Salival DVD, so I watch it often.

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:45 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: It's so obvious what this video's about.

One word: Ignorant. Dude, good point and everything, it may have been their intention, but guess what. This isn't math nor science; there isn't one answer. The beauty of poetry is you're never wrong as long as you have any evidence of your interpretation. If "it's so clear," then, what is the book about? Or the jarred bee? How about the other little guy? Explain
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: