opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Salival
User Name
Password
Old 07-24-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Salival DVD Menus -- What's with the first small hand?

To anyone out there with the Salival DVD:

1) If you put the disc in and don't touch anything, it just loops the floating body over and over again with the skipping static background. You only ever see the sides and the back as it spins. If you don't press anything, you never get into the menu's - you just see this over and over again.... does anyone know if this is hiding something right front and center, and if so, how to get into it?

2) When you actually get into the menu (by pressing pretty much any button to get past what's described in #1 above) you are presented with 5 hands --- two large and three small. If you select the left-most small hand, you get taken into a new "menu" with only two large hands. The top hand - when selected - displays an icon with two dots connected by a horizontal line. The lower hand - when selected - displays a set of 6 dots interconnected by several lines. I have yet to find any use for these selections, as pressing PLAY or ENTER or whatever on either of these icons only takes me back to the main menu. I really think something is hidden here, but I'm not sure how to unlock it or access it. Any suggestions?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: Salival DVD Menus -- What's with the first small hand?

1. as far as i know, there's nothing there. i let it sit there for a really long time one time, nothing happened. also, if you click a button, it moves you forward. this is also in the FAQ:

Quote:
H9. So where is the hidden stuff on the DVD?

All of the hidden footage is hidden so well, you can't find it.
2. heh, that's in the FAQ too!

Quote:
H8. I understand the last two choices on the DVD's main menu, but the first one doesn't work!

Those familiar with DVDs know that most discs allow you to choose sound formats, depending on your system setup. That said, go back and play with it and look at the choices on that two-hand page. One has two little circles, one has five plus one. Think about it. If you don't have a full-blown home theater setup, it won't really affect you anyway.
hehe, i always thought that was a clever bit of writing. i love how the FAQ has so many answers, but is still mysterious. kudos to Kabir.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Yeah,

I forgot about the stereo//surround option. I had actually looked that up a year or two ago, but it's been a while since I threw this DVD in, and I must have forgotten about it... Makes sense though, if you think about it. 2 or 6.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #4
Level 11 - Clamorous

yeah, and unlike the new DVD singles, you can actually change the audio on the fly. no secrets there...plus Salival has 5.1. another reason it kicks ass.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy
...plus Salival has 5.1. another reason it kicks ass.
YES! I have both of the Lateralus video DVD's, and I was very dissappointed to see that they weren't mixed 5.1. I mean NIN even re-released The Downward Spiral in a 5.1 format, and I've got that one too ---- SO much better in 5.1 --- I keep hearing sounds and rythyms that I've never heard in the album before.

I guess that's what you get after investing $5000 in a home audio system (counting just the speakers and the receiver -- only the best!). I was actually discussing this last night with my GF. I don't understand why they don't make more albums 5.1 nowadays. They're in the studio. They have access to all of the digital equip required to mix a 5.1 version. 5.1 is becoming exceedingly common, from high-end component systems, right down to your cheap out-of-the-box Wal-Mart system. Why not utilize the format and really bring your work to life?

Yeah. I'm finished with this rant for now.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
Level 11 - Clamorous

Baresi said something like, 10,000 Days is really begging for a 5.1 mix. i have a feeling there will be one...

actually IMO, the Salival 5.1 mixes aren't that great, well compared to the NIN ones. i am in love with the With Teeth 5.1 version, Downward Spiral is great too, however. I love Dark Side of the Moon, i also have The Wall but i haven't listened to it (!).

all albums should be like With Teeth, one side stereo, one side 5.1. sometimes it does get a little boring though, without visuals...
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

One of the small hands in the left bottom corner spins around to flick you off if you wait a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoniC_667 View Post
To anyone out there with the Salival DVD:

1) If you put the disc in and don't touch anything, it just loops the floating body over and over again with the skipping static background. You only ever see the sides and the back as it spins. If you don't press anything, you never get into the menu's - you just see this over and over again.... does anyone know if this is hiding something right front and center, and if so, how to get into it?

2) When you actually get into the menu (by pressing pretty much any button to get past what's described in #1 above) you are presented with 5 hands --- two large and three small. If you select the left-most small hand, you get taken into a new "menu" with only two large hands. The top hand - when selected - displays an icon with two dots connected by a horizontal line. The lower hand - when selected - displays a set of 6 dots interconnected by several lines. I have yet to find any use for these selections, as pressing PLAY or ENTER or whatever on either of these icons only takes me back to the main menu. I really think something is hidden here, but I'm not sure how to unlock it or access it. Any suggestions?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Something about track listing being wrong, and Pushit is spelled as Push it or Push-it? or something along those lines. I'll try and find out for you.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: