Password
paraflux
07-02-2007, 10:27 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist (no extra parts)
Forty Six & 2
The Pot
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys (short verison with no vocals)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood (!)
Wings For Marie
10,000 days
Lateralus (drum jam with Coady from Big Business)
Vicarious

Sorry that all of this was messed up with the tour changes.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-07-2007 at 07:56 AM..
Old 07-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/07/01 - Youngstown, OH

Jambi
Forty Six & 2
The Pot
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood (!)
Wings For Marie
10,000 days
Vicarious

Sorry that all of this was messed up with the tour changes.

Last edited by paraflux; 07-07-2007 at 07:56 AM..
OFFLINE |  
WVmetal's Avatar WVmetal
07-02-2007, 01:21 PM

Jambi
Forty Six & 2
The Pot
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood (!)
Wings For Marie
10,000 days
Vicarious

Section 201 Row K Seat 6 but due to some empty seats dead center in the back I jumped on the chance to get a great view of the stage and all the updated lighting visuals just sightly changed from last yrs first leg of the 10,000 days tour. This is my 6th time seeing the band. The venue itself was very small so really not one seat was bad, one great thing was that the floor were seated seats so there was no moshing. Security was tight outside but once inside everything was alright. Big Business was a great selection for a opening band which leads me to ask, can anyone tell me who the 3rd guy with them was on stage? Im sure you'll read a grand number of post about the show so I'll just close by saying overall it was a great performace and never let the fans down. Thanks

*What did Maynard say before Jambi?
It was something that dealt with Cincinnati being louder.

*update* Thanks in the post below for letting me know O-hi-O

Last edited by WVmetal; 07-03-2007 at 09:11 AM..
Old 07-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/01 - Youngstown, OH

Jambi
Forty Six & 2
The Pot
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood (!)
Wings For Marie
10,000 days
Vicarious

Section 201 Row K Seat 6 but due to some empty seats dead center in the back I jumped on the chance to get a great view of the stage and all the updated lighting visuals just sightly changed from last yrs first leg of the 10,000 days tour. This is my 6th time seeing the band. The venue itself was very small so really not one seat was bad, one great thing was that the floor were seated seats so there was no moshing. Security was tight outside but once inside everything was alright. Big Business was a great selection for a opening band which leads me to ask, can anyone tell me who the 3rd guy with them was on stage? Im sure you'll read a grand number of post about the show so I'll just close by saying overall it was a great performace and never let the fans down. Thanks

*update* Thanks in the post below for letting me know O-hi-O

Last edited by WVmetal; 07-03-2007 at 09:11 AM..
OFFLINE |  
barffyman's Avatar barffyman
07-02-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVmetal View Post
[B]Jambi
He was saying that Cincinnati didn't get what he was saying:

"Round on the ends, high in the middle"

Which we're supposed to say,
"Oh, Hi, Ohio"

At least that's how I responded (maybe just shouting "Ohio"), I don't think anyone got it though either. Last year he made the same comment (not about cincinnati, about ohio)

Damn! does maynard have some leg and abdomen strength! During Jambi and some other times he was making a complete L shape bending at the knees, rocking in that position. sexy. his funny dancing during rosetta stoned was pretty entertaining too.

and that drum jam had to be at least 10 minutes long, f*ing sweet! justin was playing the bass line the entire time too! I sat in section 214, to the right of justin, a little high up. it was perfect seat though. I think the visuals were 10 times better than what they had last year.

i totally wasn't expecting Flood either, that was so kickass. from where i was sitting, everyone sat down for that though, kinda disappointing that not many people still listen to the old stuff. keep playing it though!

this was my 4th time seeing tool, and was definitely the best time. 12 out of 10 performance, (though the last time maynard was getting over a cold).

i saw they were selling "disturbing the normal" at the stand, the chet zar artwork stuff, did anyone pick that up? i'm thinking about getting it from his website. next paycheck perhaps.

the last few times they played in northern ohio, they didn't seem that in to the performances, but this time they were having a blast. it was great to see danny and adam smiling after maynard walked off stage. i'm assuming justin was too. it makes the show _that_ much better when it's obvious they're enjoying it as well.

everyone's performance was totally top notch. holy crap, i want to go again. right before the show ended, maynard said something about being back soon.

also, i don't know how much anyone noticed, but earlier in the show, between songs, adam started playing something that was slow for tool melody (and of course on some off-beat)....perhaps new songs? as soon as he started i was completely intrigued. damnit, now i've got myself excited - wish i could remember how it went...

Last edited by barffyman; 07-02-2007 at 02:11 PM..
Old 07-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
[B]Jambi
He was saying that Cincinnati didn't get what he was saying:

"Round on the ends, high in the middle"

Which we're supposed to say,
"Oh, Hi, Ohio"

At least that's how I responded (maybe just shouting "Ohio"), I don't think anyone got it though either. Last year he made the same comment (not about cincinnati, about ohio)

Damn! does maynard have some leg and abdomen strength! During Jambi and some other times he was making a complete L shape bending at the knees, rocking in that position. sexy. his funny dancing during rosetta stoned was pretty entertaining too.

and that drum jam had to be at least 10 minutes long, f*ing sweet! justin was playing the bass line the entire time too! I sat in section 214, to the right of justin, a little high up. it was perfect seat though. I think the visuals were 10 times better than what they had last year.

i totally wasn't expecting Flood either, that was so kickass. from where i was sitting, everyone sat down for that though, kinda disappointing that not many people still listen to the old stuff. keep playing it though!

this was my 4th time seeing tool, and was definitely the best time. 12 out of 10 performance, (though the last time maynard was getting over a cold).

i saw they were selling "disturbing the normal" at the stand, the chet zar artwork stuff, did anyone pick that up? i'm thinking about getting it from his website. next paycheck perhaps.

the last few times they played in northern ohio, they didn't seem that in to the performances, but this time they were having a blast. it was great to see danny and adam smiling after maynard walked off stage. i'm assuming justin was too. it makes the show _that_ much better when it's obvious they're enjoying it as well.

everyone's performance was totally top notch. holy crap, i want to go again. right before the show ended, maynard said something about being back soon.

also, i don't know how much anyone noticed, but earlier in the show, between songs, adam started playing something that was slow for tool melody (and of course on some off-beat)....perhaps new songs? as soon as he started i was completely intrigued. damnit, now i've got myself excited - wish i could remember how it went...

Last edited by barffyman; 07-02-2007 at 02:11 PM..
OFFLINE |  
mpbojangles
07-02-2007, 04:13 PM

The show was the best I've ever seen. Tool has become more than a band live. When you see other prolific bands live (Pearl Jam, Incubus, etc), they sound like a band. Tool's sound has become more than a drum bass guitar and vocals and has become a soundscape where every note meshes perfectly together as if it werent even coming from instruments. They have achieved something no band ever has and probably something we will never see again.

Just hearing the segues in between their actual songs was enough to make me happy. I could have listened to that stuff all night. Its truely amazing the sound they can produce. Unlike any other band...

Other things I wanted to mention, during Wings for Marie, Maynard didn't sing the first part of the last segment (Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance...). He let the crowd sing this part and it was roaring, almost as if the crowd was singing to his mother. Also, Wings has evolved from the Fall tour where they played it for the first time. I recall it being very dark and sad the first time. At this show, the song was much more upbeat and seems like Maynard has gone from mourning his mother to celebrating what she was to him.

The drum solo in Lateralus was disgusting, and when Big Business was playing my friends and I commented that the band sucked but their drummer was very talented. Well...you get where I am going with that...I think he blew everyone away. The masterpiece which is Lateralus is continually evolving in great ways each tour and this was by far the best.

I sure hope someone got this on tape...

Last edited by mpbojangles; 07-02-2007 at 04:16 PM..
Old 07-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

The show was the best I've ever seen. Tool has become more than a band live. When you see other prolific bands live (Pearl Jam, Incubus, etc), they sound like a band. Tool's sound has become more than a drum bass guitar and vocals and has become a soundscape where every note meshes perfectly together as if it werent even coming from instruments. They have achieved something no band ever has and probably something we will never see again.

Just hearing the segues in between their actual songs was enough to make me happy. I could have listened to that stuff all night. Its truely amazing the sound they can produce. Unlike any other band...

Other things I wanted to mention, during Wings for Marie, Maynard didn't sing the first part of the last segment (Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance...). He let the crowd sing this part and it was roaring, almost as if the crowd was singing to his mother. Also, Wings has evolved from the Fall tour where they played it for the first time. I recall it being very dark and sad the first time. At this show, the song was much more upbeat and seems like Maynard has gone from mourning his mother to celebrating what she was to him.

The drum solo in Lateralus was disgusting, and when Big Business was playing my friends and I commented that the band sucked but their drummer was very talented. Well...you get where I am going with that...I think he blew everyone away. The masterpiece which is Lateralus is continually evolving in great ways each tour and this was by far the best.

I sure hope someone got this on tape...

Last edited by mpbojangles; 07-02-2007 at 04:16 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Holly_Ytown
07-02-2007, 06:17 PM

Section 102 - Row A - Seat 11
Front and center for this amazing show. Will post more later.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Section 102 - Row A - Seat 11
Front and center for this amazing show. Will post more later.
OFFLINE |  
MrVinnie77
07-02-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:

He said something to the effect of "Cincinnati messed this up last night, don't embarass me. Round on the outside and HI in the middle...."
audience fails
Maynard chastises crowd
"...one more chance. Get it right or Danny Carey will take a big, stinky dump on the stage. Round on the outside and HI in the middle."
audience kind of gets it right.

I can't recall the words exactly. I tried texting them to myself but was threatened with removal for having a camera. I didn't realize my phone looked like a camera, but then again I wasn't the security guard sporting the pony tail to compensate for my bald spot.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

He said something to the effect of "Cincinnati messed this up last night, don't embarass me. Round on the outside and HI in the middle...."
audience fails
Maynard chastises crowd
"...one more chance. Get it right or Danny Carey will take a big, stinky dump on the stage. Round on the outside and HI in the middle."
audience kind of gets it right.

I can't recall the words exactly. I tried texting them to myself but was threatened with removal for having a camera. I didn't realize my phone looked like a camera, but then again I wasn't the security guard sporting the pony tail to compensate for my bald spot.
cuzzi
07-03-2007, 04:33 AM

Great show! This was my ninth time seeing Tool since '98, my second favorite show. First time they ever played Youngstown. All members of the band were on point. They were very energetic. Sound in the building was exceptional. Flood was awesome, first time I heard it live since '98. Maynard was very animated, and even made a few funny comments. About the OHIO comment - I beleive he said "I'm going to ask you a question. Don't make me look stupid, Cincinnatti got this right. What's high in the middle and round on the ends?" I beleive he said don't make me look stupid because he is from Ravenna, about a half hour from Youngstown. Drum solo was very cool, however I still prefer just Danny beating the hell out of the skins during Lateralus. Hope they come back around before they take a break!
Old 07-03-2007, 04:33 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show! This was my ninth time seeing Tool since '98, my second favorite show. First time they ever played Youngstown. All members of the band were on point. They were very energetic. Sound in the building was exceptional. Flood was awesome, first time I heard it live since '98. Maynard was very animated, and even made a few funny comments. About the OHIO comment - I beleive he said "I'm going to ask you a question. Don't make me look stupid, Cincinnatti got this right. What's high in the middle and round on the ends?" I beleive he said don't make me look stupid because he is from Ravenna, about a half hour from Youngstown. Drum solo was very cool, however I still prefer just Danny beating the hell out of the skins during Lateralus. Hope they come back around before they take a break!
OFFLINE |  
BrianYFD
07-03-2007, 05:57 PM

This show is by far the best i have ever been to. Tool has clearly proven that they are the most talented and gifted musicians/artists in the world. The visuals alone were worth the ticket price. The venue is small but made for a close setting. there is not a bad seat in the place. The crowd seemed into the entire show. it was great when maynard let the crowd sing during vicarious. Fortysix & 2, 10,000 days and lateralus were my favorites, but the whole show was just incredible. I did not want it to end. I hope they do come back to youngstown. The band seemed like they had a good time also. Cant wait for the next show and album.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

This show is by far the best i have ever been to. Tool has clearly proven that they are the most talented and gifted musicians/artists in the world. The visuals alone were worth the ticket price. The venue is small but made for a close setting. there is not a bad seat in the place. The crowd seemed into the entire show. it was great when maynard let the crowd sing during vicarious. Fortysix & 2, 10,000 days and lateralus were my favorites, but the whole show was just incredible. I did not want it to end. I hope they do come back to youngstown. The band seemed like they had a good time also. Cant wait for the next show and album.
OFFLINE |  
basilej
07-03-2007, 06:04 PM

Thanks to the above post for jogging my memory on such an awesome night! I saw the first leg of the show at the Peterson Center in Pittsburgh. The Peterson is concrete hellhole, but I could tell these guys are all world-class players! Extremely physical! The Pittsburgh show was my first Tool show. We had good seats on Justin’s side. He is the Jimi Hendrix of bass! This time I got to see how blessed Adam Jones is. I am a huge Robert Fripp fan here, now Jones is a second for me! Wow! Jambi, my favorite song of 2007,what amazing timing! Have been going to concerts for over 30 years, this is my fav, with Crimson in Detroit in 2004 a close second! I never thought I would live to see the day when I would admit this. The closing visual on Lateralus, and Vicarious, left me in total awe, magical timing on these and Schism too! If there had been any more flashes, I would have shoved the camera up someone’s sphincter! Sat in section 101. What a true team, Maynard in the background, each looking at each other's solo's, even Carey let this drummer (while talented) steal his solo. I asked a security guard as he pushed me back to my seat what his favorite team was? He said the Pittsburgh Steelers. I said the Steelers are my second, pointing to the stage, they are my first! Word can't describe this Tool show. I love how they have grown. One of the very best times of my life.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Thanks to the above post for jogging my memory on such an awesome night! I saw the first leg of the show at the Peterson Center in Pittsburgh. The Peterson is concrete hellhole, but I could tell these guys are all world-class players! Extremely physical! The Pittsburgh show was my first Tool show. We had good seats on Justin’s side. He is the Jimi Hendrix of bass! This time I got to see how blessed Adam Jones is. I am a huge Robert Fripp fan here, now Jones is a second for me! Wow! Jambi, my favorite song of 2007,what amazing timing! Have been going to concerts for over 30 years, this is my fav, with Crimson in Detroit in 2004 a close second! I never thought I would live to see the day when I would admit this. The closing visual on Lateralus, and Vicarious, left me in total awe, magical timing on these and Schism too! If there had been any more flashes, I would have shoved the camera up someone’s sphincter! Sat in section 101. What a true team, Maynard in the background, each looking at each other's solo's, even Carey let this drummer (while talented) steal his solo. I asked a security guard as he pushed me back to my seat what his favorite team was? He said the Pittsburgh Steelers. I said the Steelers are my second, pointing to the stage, they are my first! Word can't describe this Tool show. I love how they have grown. One of the very best times of my life.
OFFLINE |  
aenigmatic96's Avatar aenigmatic96
07-03-2007, 06:48 PM

"Now, I don't follow hockey very closely but I wanted to say how sorry I am the Caveliers didn't make it all the way."
Old 07-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #10
submit and reveal what you hide and congeal

Bincount™: 402

"Now, I don't follow hockey very closely but I wanted to say how sorry I am the Caveliers didn't make it all the way."
07-03-2007, 08:10 PM

It was a great show but I'd like some opinions of those who were at the Wolstein Center last September. I don't think the sound was as good this time around. I could barely hear MJK most of the show. I think part of the problem could be the acoustics of the Chevy Center. My seats for both shows were identical in relation to the stage (center upper level). I believe it was a different sound system this time also but I am by no means an expert. Wolstein just sounded much more crisp and that was the better show for me. But Goddam Flood sure did ROCK!

Anywho, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. I took a bunch and these are pretty much the cream of the crop. Enjoy.

http://stashbox.org/27045/DSCF7075.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27046/DSCF7089.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27048/DSCF7097.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27049/DSCF7114.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27050/DSCF7126.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27051/DSCF7131.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27052/DSCF7145.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27053/DSCF7165.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27054/DSCF7167.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27056/DSCF7172.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27057/DSCF7173.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27058/DSCF7175.JPG
http://stashbox.org/27059/DSCF7179.JPG
Old 07-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

It was a great show but I'd like some opinions of those who were at the Wolstein Center last September. I don't think the sound was as good this time around. I could barely hear MJK most of the show. I think part of the problem could be the acoustics of the Chevy Center. My seats for both shows were identical in relation to the stage (center upper level). I believe it was a different sound system this time also but I am by no means an expert. Wolstein just sounded much more crisp and that was the better show for me. But Goddam Flood sure did ROCK!

Anywho, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. I took a bunch and these are pretty much the cream of the crop. Enjoy.

OFFLINE |  
MrVinnie77
07-03-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third_BuckEye View Post

First, your photos are amazing. I can't believe you were able to snap some of these with the vigilance of the security staff. I was on the floor 5 rows back for both shows, but on the opposite side of the stage (nearer Adam in Cleve, Justin in YTown). I think with both shows it took a song or two for the sound man to get things set but when he did, I felt that I could hear all elements of the band much better this time than in September. I wear earplugs to most shows, though, so that along with where I was this time around might have had an impact on what I heard vs. what you might have heard.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:38 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

First, your photos are amazing. I can't believe you were able to snap some of these with the vigilance of the security staff. I was on the floor 5 rows back for both shows, but on the opposite side of the stage (nearer Adam in Cleve, Justin in YTown). I think with both shows it took a song or two for the sound man to get things set but when he did, I felt that I could hear all elements of the band much better this time than in September. I wear earplugs to most shows, though, so that along with where I was this time around might have had an impact on what I heard vs. what you might have heard.
phishman1's Avatar phishman1
07-04-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
It was a great show but I'd like some opinions of those who were at the Wolstein Center last September. I don't think the sound was as good this time around. I could barely hear MJK most of the show. I think part of the problem could be the acoustics of the Chevy Center. My seats for both shows were identical in relation to the stage (center upper level). I believe it was a different sound system this time also but I am by no means an expert. Wolstein just sounded much more crisp and that was the better show for me.
It all depends on where you were sitting. For the Wolstein Center show in September, we were on the side, pretty close to the stage. The sound then was completely blown out, distorted, and simply too loud.

For the Youngstown show on Sunday, we were in 219 in the back corner, and the sound was amazing. Crystal clear. I really wish that I had drug out my recording equipment to tape this show. I'm sure it would have sounded amazing.

So, yeah...it all depends on where you're sitting. Everyone who was real close to the stage is saying that they couldn't hear Maynard. It's because the sound from the front of house system was going right over your heads and you were just hearing all the bassier tones.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 467

Quote:
It was a great show but I'd like some opinions of those who were at the Wolstein Center last September. I don't think the sound was as good this time around. I could barely hear MJK most of the show. I think part of the problem could be the acoustics of the Chevy Center. My seats for both shows were identical in relation to the stage (center upper level). I believe it was a different sound system this time also but I am by no means an expert. Wolstein just sounded much more crisp and that was the better show for me.
It all depends on where you were sitting. For the Wolstein Center show in September, we were on the side, pretty close to the stage. The sound then was completely blown out, distorted, and simply too loud.

For the Youngstown show on Sunday, we were in 219 in the back corner, and the sound was amazing. Crystal clear. I really wish that I had drug out my recording equipment to tape this show. I'm sure it would have sounded amazing.

So, yeah...it all depends on where you're sitting. Everyone who was real close to the stage is saying that they couldn't hear Maynard. It's because the sound from the front of house system was going right over your heads and you were just hearing all the bassier tones.
OFFLINE |  
taylee
07-04-2007, 04:46 PM

This show was awesome, I was a little concerned about how Maynard may sound after reading other reviews where they said they could barely hear him or his voice was weak, but he sounded great, the whole band was great. I'm so glad they played Flood! That was the one song I wanted to hear and damn it was good. Maynard: "Cincinatti got this one right, don't disappoint me, don't disappoint me, what's round on the ends hi in the middle? Round on the ends hi in the middle?" I had no idea what in the hell he was talking about so I'm glad someone pointed out OHIO. Loved Maynard's dancing and the way he bends backward. He did not come to the front of the stage at all except at the end for the group hug. He said he would see us again soon and I certainly hope that is the case. I've heard people say they don't like Vicarious that much, and they must be nuts because I love it. I think it's the best song on 10,000 Days, and it's great live. Before Wings Maynard did his usual speech: "No flash photography on this song please, no flash photography". Is that because he actually faces the crowd during this song? Some asshole near me actually replied to Maynard's request with a loud fuck you. Thankfully there were not many asses in the crowd; not near me anyway. Glad to hear the Pot too! Much rather have the Pot and Flood than Right in Two.
Tool are just amazing, no band can compare to them and I feel so honored that they grace us mere mortals with their magic.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

This show was awesome, I was a little concerned about how Maynard may sound after reading other reviews where they said they could barely hear him or his voice was weak, but he sounded great, the whole band was great. I'm so glad they played Flood! That was the one song I wanted to hear and damn it was good. Maynard: "Cincinatti got this one right, don't disappoint me, don't disappoint me, what's round on the ends hi in the middle? Round on the ends hi in the middle?" I had no idea what in the hell he was talking about so I'm glad someone pointed out OHIO. Loved Maynard's dancing and the way he bends backward. He did not come to the front of the stage at all except at the end for the group hug. He said he would see us again soon and I certainly hope that is the case. I've heard people say they don't like Vicarious that much, and they must be nuts because I love it. I think it's the best song on 10,000 Days, and it's great live. Before Wings Maynard did his usual speech: "No flash photography on this song please, no flash photography". Is that because he actually faces the crowd during this song? Some asshole near me actually replied to Maynard's request with a loud fuck you. Thankfully there were not many asses in the crowd; not near me anyway. Glad to hear the Pot too! Much rather have the Pot and Flood than Right in Two.
Tool are just amazing, no band can compare to them and I feel so honored that they grace us mere mortals with their magic.
OFFLINE |  
Ticks&Leeches09
07-05-2007, 12:49 PM

amazing pictures to the guy above, and what an amazing concert.

I was in row 103 thirteenth row, right in front of justin.

Best concert I have ever been too.

This guy behind me looked at me all shocked that a 16 year old knew every single lyric and he didn't.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

amazing pictures to the guy above, and what an amazing concert.

I was in row 103 thirteenth row, right in front of justin.

Best concert I have ever been too.

This guy behind me looked at me all shocked that a 16 year old knew every single lyric and he didn't.
OFFLINE |  
undertow11
07-07-2007, 07:51 AM

yea i had trouble hearing maynard too, the only thing i really understood was about danny taking a dump on stage and the cavs. it was kind of frustrating but otherwise i had an amazing experience. and nice pics, thanks for sharing!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

yea i had trouble hearing maynard too, the only thing i really understood was about danny taking a dump on stage and the cavs. it was kind of frustrating but otherwise i had an amazing experience. and nice pics, thanks for sharing!
OFFLINE |  
Spoon's Avatar Spoon
07-07-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks for my new desktop background (.....45.JPG)
Old 07-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #17
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

Quote:

Thanks for my new desktop background (.....45.JPG)
OFFLINE |  
pblech
07-08-2007, 05:51 PM

awesome pics. Thanks alot for those.

I was at the cleveland show and liked the sound much better there. It was very loud, intense and mesmerizing. I could feel every hit of Danny's bass drum rumble in my chest. The ending of 46 + 2 completely overcame my senses and demanded I just sit there and observe in awe. I was on the floor at Cleveland so that could hae made a difference.

The sound wasn't all too great at Youngstown. It was a bit echoey and not intense enough. When I go to a show I want the tunes to blow me away. The Chevy Center fell a little short in this aspect.. but what do you expect froman Arena built for Arena football league.

Either way Tool still put on an unbelievable show. I was a bit surprised they cut out the extended bridge in Stinkfist. They made up for it by the unbelievable extended Lateralus drum solo.

btw.. to set the record straight. Maynard threatened the crowd with Danny Carey taking a big Sticky dump on stage. Gotta love the creative adjectives.

I wish they would have changed the setlist more from the last leg of the tour but I also realize the show is a giant production and it's probably alot easier said than done.

Can't wait to see them next time.

Peace out.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

awesome pics. Thanks alot for those.

I was at the cleveland show and liked the sound much better there. It was very loud, intense and mesmerizing. I could feel every hit of Danny's bass drum rumble in my chest. The ending of 46 + 2 completely overcame my senses and demanded I just sit there and observe in awe. I was on the floor at Cleveland so that could hae made a difference.

The sound wasn't all too great at Youngstown. It was a bit echoey and not intense enough. When I go to a show I want the tunes to blow me away. The Chevy Center fell a little short in this aspect.. but what do you expect froman Arena built for Arena football league.

Either way Tool still put on an unbelievable show. I was a bit surprised they cut out the extended bridge in Stinkfist. They made up for it by the unbelievable extended Lateralus drum solo.

btw.. to set the record straight. Maynard threatened the crowd with Danny Carey taking a big Sticky dump on stage. Gotta love the creative adjectives.

I wish they would have changed the setlist more from the last leg of the tour but I also realize the show is a giant production and it's probably alot easier said than done.

Can't wait to see them next time.

Peace out.
OFFLINE |  
UrnchStephie's Avatar UrnchStephie
07-08-2007, 10:17 PM

I was happy with the setlist overall, but they could have played something from Opiate. SOMEthing! First time I heard Flood live though, which was amazing. I was in 101 row 11, and the sound from there was clear and you could hear all the instruments pretty well. The only time I had trouble hearing Maynard was during Schism, but all three times I have heard them play that song live its hard to hear Maynard. The laser show was definitely something else from the floor view!! I enjoyed it more than the last time when I saw it from further back at Petersens Event Center last year.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

I was happy with the setlist overall, but they could have played something from Opiate. SOMEthing! First time I heard Flood live though, which was amazing. I was in 101 row 11, and the sound from there was clear and you could hear all the instruments pretty well. The only time I had trouble hearing Maynard was during Schism, but all three times I have heard them play that song live its hard to hear Maynard. The laser show was definitely something else from the floor view!! I enjoyed it more than the last time when I saw it from further back at Petersens Event Center last year.
OFFLINE |  
joejammer
07-08-2007, 10:50 PM

My second time seeing Tool. Saw them in Cincy 2 days before. The post is late as I went on vacation right after the show to Chicago. The only comment that is missing as far as I can tell was when Maynard did the O Hi O chant--at the end he said "How fucking embarassing" I like "The Pot" and Love "Flood" but "Right in Two" was so dammmmn good live in Cincy. Maynard was in much better spirits tonight. They all looked like they were having a blast as did the crowd singing along to most of the songs. I was in Section 214 row N seat 10. Excellent seats as this was a small venue and you could see everything from our seats. Loved the visuals on the stage as well as the screens. I waited 5 years for this chance and I dont regret it at all. My wife took like 35 vids at 30 seconds apiece on her phone. As soon as i review them I will upload as many as I can for those who were there to remember and those who weren't will get a glimpse at just how great this band is. Thank you Tool for the best concert I have seen in over 15 years. Peace Out.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:50 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

My second time seeing Tool. Saw them in Cincy 2 days before. The post is late as I went on vacation right after the show to Chicago. The only comment that is missing as far as I can tell was when Maynard did the O Hi O chant--at the end he said "How fucking embarassing" I like "The Pot" and Love "Flood" but "Right in Two" was so dammmmn good live in Cincy. Maynard was in much better spirits tonight. They all looked like they were having a blast as did the crowd singing along to most of the songs. I was in Section 214 row N seat 10. Excellent seats as this was a small venue and you could see everything from our seats. Loved the visuals on the stage as well as the screens. I waited 5 years for this chance and I dont regret it at all. My wife took like 35 vids at 30 seconds apiece on her phone. As soon as i review them I will upload as many as I can for those who were there to remember and those who weren't will get a glimpse at just how great this band is. Thank you Tool for the best concert I have seen in over 15 years. Peace Out.
OFFLINE |  
basilej
07-10-2007, 06:12 AM

"If there had been any more flashes, I would have shoved the camera up someone’s sphincter! "

If this was you third-buckyeye I stand corrected! Awesome pics.!!! Thankyou! One on me desktop as I type.

Joe
Old 07-10-2007, 06:12 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

"If there had been any more flashes, I would have shoved the camera up someone’s sphincter! "

If this was you third-buckyeye I stand corrected! Awesome pics.!!! Thankyou! One on me desktop as I type.

Joe
OFFLINE |  
barffyman's Avatar barffyman
07-10-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilej View Post

Joe
Judging by the lighting from the pictures, it looks like during wings for marie and 10,000 days that he had the flash off.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilej View Post

Joe
Judging by the lighting from the pictures, it looks like during wings for marie and 10,000 days that he had the flash off.
07-11-2007, 09:51 PM

thanks buckeye for the awesome pics. lots of chatter about what maynard was saying, here are the exact, literally verbatim quotes:

jambi >

"cincinnati got this right, let's see how smart you people are. don't embarrass me. donnn't embarrass me. round on the ends and high in the middle. fuckin' embarassing. you should be ashamed of yourselves. you get one more chance, and then danny carey's gonna take a big stinky dump right in the middle of the stage, right there. one chance. round on the ends and high in the middle. round on the ends and high in the middle! jesus fucking christ."

> stinkfist

lateralus >

"thanks coady. make-a-wish foundation runner-up, coady. thanks for comin' down, buddy. hope that shit clears up. so, uh, i'm not really an authority on hockey, but, uh, very very sorry to hear the cavaliers didn't make it all the way. i'm just kiddin'. sorry about that. we'll see you again very soon. swear to god. peace....out."

> vicarious

Last edited by junkyardtillie; 07-12-2007 at 07:44 AM..
Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

thanks buckeye for the awesome pics. lots of chatter about what maynard was saying, here are the exact, literally verbatim quotes:

jambi >

"cincinnati got this right, let's see how smart you people are. don't embarrass me. donnn't embarrass me. round on the ends and high in the middle. fuckin' embarassing. you should be ashamed of yourselves. you get one more chance, and then danny carey's gonna take a big stinky dump right in the middle of the stage, right there. one chance. round on the ends and high in the middle. round on the ends and high in the middle! jesus fucking christ."

> stinkfist

lateralus >

"thanks coady. make-a-wish foundation runner-up, coady. thanks for comin' down, buddy. hope that shit clears up. so, uh, i'm not really an authority on hockey, but, uh, very very sorry to hear the cavaliers didn't make it all the way. i'm just kiddin'. sorry about that. we'll see you again very soon. swear to god. peace....out."

> vicarious

Last edited by junkyardtillie; 07-12-2007 at 07:44 AM..
OFFLINE |  
dapot's Avatar dapot
07-12-2007, 07:31 AM

i was lucky to get a pair of seats on justins side of the stage row a sec 214 right at corner of stage. first the good we were at the perfect angle for mjk. he faced us most of the show, wich was cool. now the bad , partial view of DC, kinda sucked not seeing the best drummer in rock in action. and justin was obscured by the mini stack at the corner of the stage. but all in all i would take these again in a heartbeat. nothing compares to being that close. great show. the fastest 2 hours is a tool show. pretty much a flawless performance. also we got one of the best songs on 10000 days . . . THE POT ! this was my 7th tool show , 6th on this tour. i hope the can come back out west in the fall ! thanks again tool for a great time & for making music that matters.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:31 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

i was lucky to get a pair of seats on justins side of the stage row a sec 214 right at corner of stage. first the good we were at the perfect angle for mjk. he faced us most of the show, wich was cool. now the bad , partial view of DC, kinda sucked not seeing the best drummer in rock in action. and justin was obscured by the mini stack at the corner of the stage. but all in all i would take these again in a heartbeat. nothing compares to being that close. great show. the fastest 2 hours is a tool show. pretty much a flawless performance. also we got one of the best songs on 10000 days . . . THE POT ! this was my 7th tool show , 6th on this tour. i hope the can come back out west in the fall ! thanks again tool for a great time & for making music that matters.
07-15-2007, 07:24 PM

Musically, I am a product of the 60s and 70s - with a few exceptions, especially Tool. So, until 7/1/07, it pained me to say that the closest I had ever been to attending a rock concert, was Trans-Siberian Orchestra twice. So ever since I became immersed in Tool's amazing world during the summer of '04, I knew that it was the band that I had to see live.

...boy, I have never been more right about any feeling. Having just missed them in Cleveland in September, I was craving a live Tool fix. Luckily, I would only have to wait nine months...

Tomorrow, I will post four videos that I took.

DETAILED SPOILERS FOLLOW!! ...

- Jambi was a great set opener. Playing against a backdrop of flames and red-orange spirals, Tool was ready to rock the Chevrolet Centre. This is the first video that I will post. (Adam was sporting a mechanic's shirt and braids. MJK was rockin' the bright orange hoodie through the first song or so, and a mohawk and t-shirt afterwards. Danny was ballin' in the Clippers jersey, and Justin was in a t-shirt and jeans and long, curly hair.
- The crowd's dismal response to the "O-hi-o" chant made me pissed, because I'm a Cleveland fan, and we didn't beat out Cincy's response.)
- Stinkfist is one of my favorite 2L songs, and it was played in front of the music video. This is the second video that I will post.
- Forty Six & 2 is my favorite 2L song, but I forget everything about the performance.
- The Pot was sweet in front of the "nukes" and prison camp clips; i believe that it was #4 on Chet Zar's DVD. Then, there was a head made up of squirmy wormies.
- Schism (extended) had huge bass, and sounded amazing. Played against the music video. The drum solo was sweet, and I enjoyed seeing MJK on the keyboard.
- Lost Keys (short verison with no vocals)
- Rosetta Stoned - something hanging off of MJK's shoulder.
- Keyboard Interlude - performed by Adam and MJK. Justin was in the spotlight.
- Flood lived up to the expectations. I agree that the arena looked like it was being flooded; amazing effect! At this point, I remember thinking, “The concert has been so amazing, that I have become numb to how well they’re playing. But that just means, they’re building up to something huge” - and I was right…
Smoke and fog poured from the stage. The UFO-shaped lights rotated up, and towards the crowd. The green "10,000 Days Triple-Face" shone from the screen. During the bass feedback, at least half of the audience raised their lighters to the sky. Adam, MJK, and Justin waited by the drum set while tech crew members in white lab coats setup the small drum set.
- Wings For Marie and 10,000 days - blue lasers shot through the small centre. Blue asterisk-like objects shone on the screen. One "UFO" each shone on Justin, who was sitting down, Adam, and MJK. The multicolored, faces from "10k Days" faded in and out. This is the third video I will post. (Sorry that the annoying kid next to me kept saying "This is Wings For Marie.")
- Lateralus (drum jam with Coady from Big Business) rocked, especially due to the drum jam. The "flaming eye" from that album shone, along with green lasers. This is the fourth video I will post.
- MJK's "Cavs" quote made me disappointed about being a Cleveland fan for the 2nd time that night.
- Vicarious was an awesome set-closer, with green lasers and "10k Days" faces.

Tomorrow afternoon, I will post the four videos to an external site.

Last edited by creator7107; 07-16-2007 at 07:08 PM..
Old 07-15-2007, 07:24 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Musically, I am a product of the 60s and 70s - with a few exceptions, especially Tool. So, until 7/1/07, it pained me to say that the closest I had ever been to attending a rock concert, was Trans-Siberian Orchestra twice. So ever since I became immersed in Tool's amazing world during the summer of '04, I knew that it was the band that I had to see live.

...boy, I have never been more right about any feeling. Having just missed them in Cleveland in September, I was craving a live Tool fix. Luckily, I would only have to wait nine months...

Tomorrow, I will post four videos that I took.

DETAILED SPOILERS FOLLOW!! ...

- Jambi was a great set opener. Playing against a backdrop of flames and red-orange spirals, Tool was ready to rock the Chevrolet Centre. This is the first video that I will post. (Adam was sporting a mechanic's shirt and braids. MJK was rockin' the bright orange hoodie through the first song or so, and a mohawk and t-shirt afterwards. Danny was ballin' in the Clippers jersey, and Justin was in a t-shirt and jeans and long, curly hair.
- The crowd's dismal response to the "O-hi-o" chant made me pissed, because I'm a Cleveland fan, and we didn't beat out Cincy's response.)
- Stinkfist is one of my favorite 2L songs, and it was played in front of the music video. This is the second video that I will post.
- Forty Six & 2 is my favorite 2L song, but I forget everything about the performance.
- The Pot was sweet in front of the "nukes" and prison camp clips; i believe that it was #4 on Chet Zar's DVD. Then, there was a head made up of squirmy wormies.
- Schism (extended) had huge bass, and sounded amazing. Played against the music video. The drum solo was sweet, and I enjoyed seeing MJK on the keyboard.
- Lost Keys (short verison with no vocals)
- Rosetta Stoned - something hanging off of MJK's shoulder.
- Keyboard Interlude - performed by Adam and MJK. Justin was in the spotlight.
- Flood lived up to the expectations. I agree that the arena looked like it was being flooded; amazing effect! At this point, I remember thinking, “The concert has been so amazing, that I have become numb to how well they’re playing. But that just means, they’re building up to something huge” - and I was right…
Smoke and fog poured from the stage. The UFO-shaped lights rotated up, and towards the crowd. The green "10,000 Days Triple-Face" shone from the screen. During the bass feedback, at least half of the audience raised their lighters to the sky. Adam, MJK, and Justin waited by the drum set while tech crew members in white lab coats setup the small drum set.
- Wings For Marie and 10,000 days - blue lasers shot through the small centre. Blue asterisk-like objects shone on the screen. One "UFO" each shone on Justin, who was sitting down, Adam, and MJK. The multicolored, faces from "10k Days" faded in and out. This is the third video I will post. (Sorry that the annoying kid next to me kept saying "This is Wings For Marie.")
- Lateralus (drum jam with Coady from Big Business) rocked, especially due to the drum jam. The "flaming eye" from that album shone, along with green lasers. This is the fourth video I will post.
- MJK's "Cavs" quote made me disappointed about being a Cleveland fan for the 2nd time that night.
- Vicarious was an awesome set-closer, with green lasers and "10k Days" faces.

Tomorrow afternoon, I will post the four videos to an external site.

Last edited by creator7107; 07-16-2007 at 07:08 PM..
OFFLINE |  
thepot06's Avatar thepot06
07-16-2007, 04:44 PM

great show thanks to the guys outside who loaned us their grill my voice was so coarse for about four or five days. i was all the way in the back floor, section 104 and outsmarted security i'd find trash and walk up to the nearest can which was about 10 rows from the stage and sloooooooooooooooooooooowly walk back until one of them said something to me. at one point security kept walkin past me until i got greedy and would inch my way closer. oh and thanks to everyone who had a black haired guy with his mouth hangin open pretend to b in ur row as the "guards" walked by. i did that after my entire section had no more trash to throw away. Tool is by far the greatest band today and is our generations Led Zeppelin completely fuckin original and mezmerizing and if led zep is ur generation ur fuckin lucky
Old 07-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

great show thanks to the guys outside who loaned us their grill my voice was so coarse for about four or five days. i was all the way in the back floor, section 104 and outsmarted security i'd find trash and walk up to the nearest can which was about 10 rows from the stage and sloooooooooooooooooooooowly walk back until one of them said something to me. at one point security kept walkin past me until i got greedy and would inch my way closer. oh and thanks to everyone who had a black haired guy with his mouth hangin open pretend to b in ur row as the "guards" walked by. i did that after my entire section had no more trash to throw away. Tool is by far the greatest band today and is our generations Led Zeppelin completely fuckin original and mezmerizing and if led zep is ur generation ur fuckin lucky
OFFLINE |  
basilej
07-16-2007, 05:37 PM

Well it has been a couple of weeks now and it amazes me how great this show was.
Now when FLOOD came on I knew it wasn’t a newbie and that I heard it before, but didn’t realize I had it on UNDERTOW. I have had UNDERTOW for four years now and never realized how solid this CD is. Words can’t describe that night. My summer highlight, and it has been an awesome summer!

Joe
Old 07-16-2007, 05:37 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Well it has been a couple of weeks now and it amazes me how great this show was.
Now when FLOOD came on I knew it wasn’t a newbie and that I heard it before, but didn’t realize I had it on UNDERTOW. I have had UNDERTOW for four years now and never realized how solid this CD is. Words can’t describe that night. My summer highlight, and it has been an awesome summer!

Joe
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply