opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » Artwork
User Name
Password
Old 09-15-2006, 03:08 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
The Disc

Do any of you know what that is on the Disc?, it looks like the symbol for Satanism.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 5127
Re: The Disc

Its someone sucking themself off.....

"JESUS CHRIST, this suit is hot!" -- Maynard
Old 09-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 32

A lot of people say its a dude sucking them self off, but, my first impression was that it's a female eating herself out. Makes more sense to me. Based on the fact that they're sitting on the couch watching in amazement. What type of shit is that? Four dudes watching another man pleasure himself? Lol. Odd scene...

But then the person is moving their head up and down, so I guess it is a guy.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #4
TJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by apc_kid View Post
A lot of people say its a dude sucking them self off, but, my first impression was that it's a female eating herself out. Makes more sense to me. Based on the fact that they're sitting on the couch watching in amazement. What type of shit is that? Four dudes watching another man pleasure himself? Lol. Odd scene...

But then the person is moving their head up and down, so I guess it is a guy.
apparently it's a women [thats what adam jones said] she's a contortionist [i bet they had a real nice view of her gash wide open] LOL
Old 09-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #5

Bincount™: 1

The image, when considered along with the name of the album, criticizes a certain type of introverted behavior (I think in a negative way). Consider the following definitions, and consider that there is no REAL word "Aenima" or 'Aenema" (them both being words that Tool apparently coined to make a compounded statement, so they can say a few things at once, as usual):

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.dictionary.com

Anima:

(in the psychology of C. G. Jung) a. the inner personality that is turned toward the unconscious of the individual. [turned toward the unconscious, hence the image of a guy turned literally INWARDS towards his own crotch]

Enema:

The injection of liquid into the rectum through the anus for cleansing...or for other therapeutic or diagnostic purposes. (this is a big trend in Los Angeles, typicall a vain thing to do, which is why the song is so humorously pointed at flushing LA away. It also suggests spiritual cleansing of the individual, though)

When we see a picture of a person servicing themselves like on the cover of Tool's CD, and we know that the album's name is Aenima, and considering the definitions which I've provided for you above of two words each of which are AWEFULLY CLOSE to Tool's coined word, a certain collection of thoughts enters our minds which provide a criticism of the "inward directed" type of behavior that many people suffer from, and is usually a symptom of a weakened spirit.

We are meant to equate an inwardly directed, spiritually weakened personality, with the image on the cover of Tool's Aenima CD. (basically)

Do we move only 'cause we need to move, and hense should state all the rest -the justifications- as mere pretense?

Last edited by Godin; 09-16-2006 at 07:11 PM..
Old 09-18-2006, 08:38 PM   #6

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicariously I Live View Post
Its someone sucking themself off.....
i heard from a buddy of mine that it was a sculpture by adam jones, but otherwise, yeah, some dude trying to do the impossible.

myspace -
http://www.myspace.com/thereisn0sp00n
Old 09-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useful)(Idiot View Post
i heard from a buddy of mine that it was a sculpture by adam jones, but otherwise, yeah, some dude trying to do the impossible.
hilarious!
Old 09-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #8

Bincount™: 32

A sculpture? Lol. Adam has a wild imagination.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid2000 View Post
Do any of you know what that is on the Disc?, it looks like the symbol for Satanism.
You mean the cd itself right? I have often wondered the same thing - if the disc is orientated with the BMG logos and crap correctly, the text should read ASTAROTH. Turns out that Astaroth is the Grand Duke of Hell...

"[Astaroth] is a demon of the First Hierarchy, who seduces by means of laziness and vanity, and his adversary is St. Bartholomew, who can protect against him for he has resisted Astaroth's temptations. To others, he teaches mathematical sciences and handicrafts, can make men invisible and lead them to hidden treasures, and answers every question formulated to him."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astaroth

Looky here, the cd art is known as Astaroth's seal. Thankyou once again Mr. Wikipedia...

Let the interpretation begin...

A.

Last edited by ajp1982; 11-10-2006 at 01:29 AM..
Old 11-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

to be totally honest i always just thought of it as someone sucking themselves off and never really took the time to really think about it and look into it thanks for the info and insite
Old 11-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt4540 View Post
to be totally honest i always just thought of it as someone sucking themselves off and never really took the time to really think about it and look into it thanks for the info and insite
The disc and the cd cover are two totally different things...and then it depeds whether you have the limited edition hologram cover or the regular one. Im specifically talking about the CD itself.

A.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #12
pau
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp1982 View Post
The disc and the cd cover are two totally different things...and then it depeds whether you have the limited edition hologram cover or the regular one. Im specifically talking about the CD itself.

A.
yeah, probly worth clearing up what everyones talking about - maybe ive got tunnel vision but I surely cnat see any he/she sucking/servicing connotations on the CD itself.. where is everyone else talking about?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:45 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp1982 View Post

A.
The hologram cover is limited edition? My album has it and all my friends albums have it so I never really knew it was limited. Also i knew you were talking about the CD sorry i mad it sound like i was askin a question.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Well at least in the Land of Aust it was a limited edition. I havent seen any for sale; not in 1997 nor now. Everyone i know has the non-lenticular cover. Nonetheless, the CD itself is the same. Depicted on the CD is my avatar.

A.

Last edited by ajp1982; 11-13-2006 at 11:21 PM..
Old 11-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

^Okay whoa i was wrong. On the lenticular Ænima album, the cd has a pic of a guy sucking himself off. On the regular Ænima CD is the Seal of Astaroth. Not having the lenticular one i was unaware of an alternative image. Oh and its not as limited as i thought...

A.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:43 PM   #16
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

The lenticular version is the only version we've ever had here in the US.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

No shit!? They're as scarce as hens teeth here in Australia. Not so scarce on ebay.com though.

A.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

I've never seen one that's not lentecular. Also your avvy is not what's on the actual cd, but it would of made a great interpratation. I saw it as a guy doing the dirty work on himself (yes i just made that up) But I pretty musch asumed it had something to do with the general feel of the album or at least Aenema.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

every band/album has somethinig totally unrelated and dumb, as if they thought of it on an acid trip in the middle of the night, i guess this is it.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:01 PM   #20
caveman

Bincount™: 193

So what is the deal with Maynard getting up (while naked) to observe this individual. It almost looks like he's ready to jump in and join. I know ther's some other kind of message here, so I was wondering if anyone knew?

Wherever you go........there you are.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: